Author Topic: The Official Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 26570 times)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Re: The Official Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2018, 04:07:00 PM »
Working on 100% in Donkey Kong - almost there. Just two worlds to go.

Thinking about buying N++. It's going to happen - it just came out yesterday - but I'm going to take a nap first, and then I'll decide if I'm going to get it tonight or tomorrow :P
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2018, 06:41:56 PM »
Castlevania  bloodstained:  curse of the moon  is awesome

Basically a new retro game just like castlevania

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2018, 11:11:37 AM »
That game looks killer, and it's only $10! I may pick it up. :)

N++ is one of the best games on the Switch, if anyone's into platforming like I am. Amazing stuff.

My best friend just sold his Xbox One and is getting a Switch and just pre-ordered Pokemon Let's Go! Pikachu, so I'm gonna get the Eevee version. Everything about these games have both of us hyped as hell, other than apparently no battles with wild Pokemon, just the Pokemon Go Safari Zone-style fighting. That's okay I guess, as long as I get to continue fighting other trainers and progress through the gyms just like the original games. Tossing the Joy-Cons like a Pokeball is what I've been dreaming of. This is gonna rule.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2018, 02:06:49 PM »
I am definitely digging it.

I also just got Street fighter anniversary edition. Its got all the games, like all the versions of 2, and it has 1 and it has 3 and all the alpha games. Its quite the robust package. me likey

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2018, 07:49:51 PM »
My best friend just sold his Xbox One and is getting a Switch and just pre-ordered Pokemon Let's Go! Pikachu, so I'm gonna get the Eevee version. Everything about these games have both of us hyped as hell, other than apparently no battles with wild Pokemon, just the Pokemon Go Safari Zone-style fighting. That's okay I guess, as long as I get to continue fighting other trainers and progress through the gyms just like the original games. Tossing the Joy-Cons like a Pokeball is what I've been dreaming of. This is gonna rule.

I've read in some places that's just one of the games and there's a more traditional core game in the works for 2019.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2018, 07:54:48 PM »

I've read in some places that's just one of the games and there's a more traditional core game in the works for 2019.

Yeah, thankfully. It's nice that they're sort of pandering to the original old school crowd with those, and still continuing with the normal traditional releases. The franchise will never go away, haha.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2018, 09:56:51 AM »
I like how updates automatically download - came home a few nights ago and had the Donkey Kong DLC for Mario + Rabbids ready to go. Good stuff, very polished and makes the cost of the DLC more worth it than ever before. Might try to push through the whole thing tonight.

Got back into Xenoblade Chronicles 2 in a big way. There's still so much to do and I'm almost 180 hours in. Good lord.

Octopath Traveler demo: great stuff, but a couple characters bored me silly in their first arcs (being tired didn't help either). Some characters have annoying speech tendencies, and some of the plot points are generic as all get out, but I still have no idea what the overall plot will be so I'm hoping it gets really Final Fantasy-ish by endgame. The large battle sprites for boss enemies are so cool and I can't wait to see what kind of monsters are in store for later in the game.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2018, 10:55:50 AM »
Crash bandicoot comes out friday

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2018, 02:34:23 PM »
Crash bandicoot comes out friday

Have you picked this up? I haven't had time nor money to get it but I want it. Same with Octopath.

I beat the Mario + Rabbids DK Adventure DLC last night by complete luck (final boss battle is cheap and the one subpar thing about the DLC). Extremely fun stuff that very clearly was a work of love, every bit as quality as the main game.

Waiting patiently for Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2018, 02:55:56 PM »
Yeah. I picked up, played it for a couple days and then put it down. Didn't hold my attention as much as back in 98 unfortunately. Very well made though

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2018, 04:08:43 PM »
Picked up Hollow Knight last week and man is this game beautiful. It's my first metroidvania type game but from what I've been told it's one of the better ones.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2018, 05:43:25 PM »
Hollow Knight is fantastic and also huuuuge & they keep making it bigger too (another free DLC coming in about a month...)
I am gonna pick it up on switch when that DLC releases, already have had it on PC but haven't llayedbsince before they started releasing DLC

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2018, 09:17:13 PM »
Finished up Hollow Knight and it was definitely one of the best games I've ever played. I've dumped nearly 50 hours into it and I only have a few side bosses and the "true" boss to beat but I did get the first ending already. I'm at 105% completion and I just want more. Can't wait for the new DLC.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2018, 07:28:24 PM »
So the FINALLY announced a release date for Dark souls. Its in October.

I was really hoping for a summer release but whatever. Never played the game, but heard a lot about it.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2018, 03:31:30 PM »
Got hollow knight for switch. its decent and I love the art style

« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 04:13:12 PM by Phoenix87x »

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2018, 04:38:14 PM »
Is it as good as everyone says it is? I'm twiddling my thumbs wondering if I should buy it before ProgPower...

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2018, 05:08:37 PM »
I'm only about an hour in, but so far so good. For anyone that is a fan of metroidvania, it will probably satisfy. What separates it from the rest for me is its darkly charming and quirky aesthetic. Its got this dark, fairy tale, yet heart warming theme going on which is what drew me to it and the atmosphere it creates is worth the price of admission (15 bucks) in my opinion.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2018, 04:26:10 PM »
One of those nintendo direct things was today.

I guess the biggest thing from it was the official info about the online service which launches next week. 20 bucks for the year to play games multiplayer online and you can to play nes games. They will begin with a select set of games and then will be adding to it over time. Cool I guess, but I have been done with NES games for a while now. I would have liked to see at least SNES games as well. What I really want is gamecube games, but whatever.

Another thing they announced was a whole bunch of Final fantasy ports. 7, 9, 10 and 12 zodiac age. And 15 pocket edition all coming to switch. damn
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 04:39:58 PM by Phoenix87x »

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2018, 05:01:16 PM »
Another thing they announced was a whole bunch of Final fantasy ports. 7, 9, 10 and 12 zodiac age. And 15 pocket edition all coming to switch. damn

WHOA WHAT I MISSED THIS HOLY CRAP

*hops on over to YouTube to watch*

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2018, 05:29:42 PM »
YO. I was hyped for that but Isabelle in Smash and Animal Crossing (finally) confirmed for Switch next year has me over the moon. I don't even feel bad about trading in Kirby today now  :lol

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2018, 05:42:57 PM »
On top of that:

Luigi's mansion 3 looks pretty cool. Totally missed the first one, so I might check this out

Might check out super mario bros U deluxe just for the hell of it

That beat em up collection that has final fight in it I will probably pick up since I've always wanted to play final fight

I'll buy FFVII on principle alone (its my favorite game ever made) and if the graphics come pretty close to the PS4 version, I may pick up XII zodiac age. Always wanted to get further in 12 than I did

I already played the crap out of diablo 3, but its cool that its coming to switch

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2018, 05:44:16 PM »
At this rate I'm gonna be selling the rest of my gaming rig because the Switch has everything I want. Holy fark. What a lineup.

Still all about that Yoshi game, too.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2018, 09:43:15 PM »
Earlier this week there was an announcement for a remaster of Crystal Chronicles due to come out on Switch and PS4, as well.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2018, 09:47:54 PM »
Jesus effing christ I LOVE THE SWITCH. I am going to be playing the hell out of it for the next five years just for the games they announced at the Direct, let alone games that were already coming out and have yet to be announced.

Awesome. So freaking awesome.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2018, 07:06:17 AM »
Anyone else get Switch Online? Couldn't resist for $20 to play Mario 3 on the go. Hopefully they continue to add great NES games and maybe even eventually SNES and N64 games.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2018, 07:47:32 AM »
I'll get it when they add SNES or newer games.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2018, 07:58:56 AM »
What games are available for it?
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2018, 08:55:13 AM »
I had a much more vitriolic post written up, but  :lol I'll just say I'm super disappointed in Nintendo's online model for the Switch for a number of reasons. The price is good but shit, you get what you pay for - I have zero interest in playing more NES games, let alone online, in 2018 when there are a ton of games just for the Switch that I want to spend my time on. I may get it for Smash - MAYBE - if reports are the online play is good and lag-free unlike the Wii and Wii U experiences I had. But until they allow local backups for save data, and allow online cloud saving for ALL games (even Pokemon Let's Go won't be allowed to save to the cloud - WTF), I'm not buying.

Nintendo's corporate structure and culture is so far behind the times - I'm 95% positive that's why their online model is so ridiculed currently. They really need to get with it.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2018, 06:05:10 AM »
I have been playing the Dark Souls Demo for the switch. Its pretty cool and I will buy it when its formally released. Works great
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 06:48:41 PM by Phoenix87x »

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2018, 05:10:42 AM »
Bit the bullet this morning and bought Hollow Knight, I figured $15 is an awesome deal for such a slick looking game. Hope it's fun, I've been sick all week but hopefully I get to play it tonight. Also tried the Mega Man 11 demo, seems really fun.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2018, 03:43:27 PM »
Bought Stick of Truth last night, even though I bought it last year on PC for $7.50. I paid $30 for the Switch version but honestly it's worth it since it's the Switch and I'll be able to take it with me on a work trip this week. First time I played through as the Jew class but this time I'm doing Fighter. Trying to use different buddies too instead of relying on Butters the entire game, but Butters just makes it so much easier. I like that the game isn't difficult at all but it makes it hard to want to use Princess Kenny when I could just be wailing on everyone. Maybe that'll change if I use a Mage or a Thief next...

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2018, 04:14:20 PM »
Heading out to buy a physical copy of Octopath Traveler. Finally!

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2018, 12:54:02 AM »
Someone figured out that the new Smash Bros. trailer uncannily syncs up with Queen's Don't Stop Me Now. :lol

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2018, 12:34:14 PM »
Someone figured out that the new Smash Bros. trailer uncannily syncs up with Queen's Don't Stop Me Now. :lol

That's incredible.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2018, 04:33:23 PM »
Just purchased Smash and its now pre-downloaded and ready to go. So now its just a matter of time.