Author Topic: The Official Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 26861 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: The Official Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #420 on: September 21, 2023, 11:52:42 AM »
The rumor I saw was that Switch 2 would be as powerful as an Xbox One or PS4. 

Surprised I haven't seen anyone talk about the leaked emails showing microsoft wanting to buy Nintendo.  Its not clear how realistic that option is/was, it seems more like just an idea in a written email about potential future plans.  Hopefully it never happens.  Nintendo needs to stay put doing what they do.  They've got a niche market that works really well for what they do.

I don't think the Japanese government would allow that transaction to take place even if Microsoft had the money.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #421 on: September 21, 2023, 11:53:56 AM »
The rumor I saw was that Switch 2 would be as powerful as an Xbox One or PS4. 

Surprised I haven't seen anyone talk about the leaked emails showing microsoft wanting to buy Nintendo.  Its not clear how realistic that option is/was, it seems more like just an idea in a written email about potential future plans.  Hopefully it never happens.  Nintendo needs to stay put doing what they do.  They've got a niche market that works really well for what they do.

I don't think the Japanese government would allow that transaction to take place even if Microsoft had the money.

Can't imagine Nintendo would want to be sold either, but the fact it was discussed is interesting.  Especially since Microsoft is a big buyer right now in the market.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #422 on: September 22, 2023, 06:52:46 AM »
I saw the leaked emails, the rumor that MS has wanted to buy Nintendo has been around for a while now. I don't think real world it'll ever happen, they are barely getting this activision sale through.

As far as power is concerned PS4/Xbone seems about right. Nintendo hasn't really been keen in keeping up with Sony and MS in terms of hardware and raw power but I would hope that the new Switch is at least as power as the Steam Deck. The Steam Deck has some surprisingly good performance and continues to impress me every time I pick it up.

Offline billboy73

« Reply #423 on: October 13, 2023, 09:50:29 AM »
Okay, thinking about getting immersed in one of these games.  I have never played either, and keep in mind we are talking about the Switch version.  Which one would you recommend first?

The Witcher 3 or Skyrim

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #424 on: October 14, 2023, 08:39:16 AM »
If I remember right the Skyrim release is better on Switch than W3. I personally love both games but they are very different. To put it simply Skyrim gave me the sense that I can go out in the world and find quests and adventures along the way, W3 is where you're in an open world but ultimately living through Geralt's eyes.

Personally I'd choose Skyrim but I could also make a strong case for W3.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #425 on: October 15, 2023, 03:51:07 PM »
I think Skyrim is maybe a bit better as a handheld / session title. And it is less compromised than The Witcher 3 (if talking non-modded Skyrim, mostly because Skyrim is an older game). Both are good ports. The Witcher 3 on Switch got years of patches as well, it is a high effort port (but the Switch is still the Switch).

Skyrim is more freeform do whatever quest you want (ignore the main quest) and create your own character. The Witcher 3 is a massive three act epic (with added acts of excellent DLC), experienced through a relatively defined character.

The Witcher 3 is one of my all times favorites, but I love Skyrim as well.

Offline billboy73

« Reply #426 on: October 19, 2023, 07:59:01 AM »
Ended up going with the Witcher 3 Complete Edition.  The physical was on sale on amazon for $35.  Just sat down with it last night, and really enjoying it so far. 

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #427 on: October 20, 2023, 08:26:57 AM »
Super mario wonder is pretty cool so far.

and how appropriate that now that I dick around with psychedelics that they would make a mario game with an acid trip mechanic  :lol

When you take that wonder flower in the game, shit gets crazy, lol   The trees start dancing and singing and shit  :lol :lol
« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 08:35:33 AM by Phoenix87x »

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #428 on: October 20, 2023, 08:36:06 AM »
Super mario wonder is pretty cool so far.

and how appropriate that now that I dick around with psychedelics that they would make a mario game with an acid trip mechanic  :lol

When you take that blue flower in the game, shit gets crazy, lol   The trees start dancing and singing and shit  :lol :lol
Didn't even realized the game was already out. I'll probably wait until the holidays to get it, since I know I wont have time to enjoy it until then anyways
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #429 on: October 20, 2023, 09:31:57 PM »
i am enjoying super mario wonder but i can't help but feel like some of the acid trip sequences are a little... non-sequitur?
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #430 on: October 23, 2023, 07:13:01 AM »
I really enjoy Mario Wonder, it is very varied and gets better the further you progress. I just progressed through world 3, but did not complete all levels prior (meaning not all coins, flags and seeds, I will eventually revisit some for completion). Easily the best 2d platformer by Nintendo in decades.

I am also glad Nintendo isn't sticking to their "basic Mario" worlds/design anymore. A lot of recent Mario games all had the same enemies/worlds/look etc. Especially around the time Mario 3d Land, Mario 3d World, Mario Luigi Paper Jam etc. came out.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #431 on: November 17, 2023, 11:31:12 AM »
Mario RPG remake looks amazing! I  might pick it up this weekend
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk