Author Topic: The Official Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 26808 times)

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Re: The Official Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #210 on: October 15, 2021, 01:02:18 PM »
For me, I only considered it because of Mario Kart multiplayer (I wonder if Nintendo patched out all the glitches and shortcuts :lol). But in reality, how often am I going to play all those games to justify the price? Just doesn't seem worth it to me.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #211 on: October 17, 2021, 01:49:32 PM »
That is a nope from me. I still think their base offering is pretty decent, but this expansion pack does not feel like value for your money.

I am hearing a lot of good things about Metroid. But one of my friends finished it in less than 8 hours. Hopefully I can use his copy to play it, because I am not spending the 60 euros. Sales are apparently well though, so I think/hope 2d Metroid is here to stay.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #212 on: October 17, 2021, 01:55:56 PM »
I'm getting it because I've been wanting to play Banjo and Kazooie since Banjo became a Smash character.

I am also looking forward to the future releases of obscure games. Such as Flying Dragon, I liked that game as a kid and never really got to go far in its campaign mode because it was one of those uncommon games that required a memory card inserted into the slot.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #213 on: October 17, 2021, 02:26:19 PM »
I'll probably get it when Majora's Mask comes out. Might be my favorite Zelda and I never got to finish the damn thing

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #214 on: October 17, 2021, 08:58:01 PM »
I missed Majora's Mask on N64, not sure why, I loved Ocarina. I got it later on the Gamecube as part of that special Zelda release. I made it through maybe half of it but got too frustrated and quit. I played it start to finish many years later, with a little help from a walkthrough. If you enjoyed it at all, you should try and revisit it, and get some help if you need it. It's worth it for the journey.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #215 on: October 18, 2021, 12:58:40 AM »
I do want to check out Majora's Mask. Played it for a bit as a ten year old but can't say I came far. I have the 3DS remake though and I like how that one looks.

I'm getting it because I've been wanting to play Banjo and Kazooie since Banjo became a Smash character.

I am also looking forward to the future releases of obscure games. Such as Flying Dragon, I liked that game as a kid and never really got to go far in its campaign mode because it was one of those uncommon games that required a memory card inserted into the slot.

I already replayed Banjo on the excellent remasters on the Xbox Rare collection. I will say the Banjo games have aged, but it was still a massive nostalgia trip I really enjoyed.

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #216 on: October 18, 2021, 11:20:50 AM »
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 12:52:37 PM by ThatOneGuy2112 »

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #217 on: November 14, 2021, 10:24:05 AM »
Metroid Dread has finally really clicked with me.

Besides Breath of the wild, its probably my favorite Switch game and definitely one of my favorite Metorids.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #218 on: November 14, 2021, 12:15:56 PM »
Dread is great and tons of fun, I just wish it was a bit longer. I 100% the game on hard in less than a week. Only playing a few hours here and there.

I would think there will be some DLC in the plans, at least I hope so.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #219 on: November 14, 2021, 01:10:02 PM »
Is part of the 100% filling in the dark parts of the map?

Because my OCD brain is obsessing over it  :lol

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #220 on: November 14, 2021, 01:13:14 PM »
No! Thank God  :lol It was driving me crazy until I realized it would be too much work with no reward so I left it alone

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #221 on: December 11, 2021, 06:12:56 PM »

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #222 on: December 11, 2021, 06:16:44 PM »
I was hoping so bad that we would have gotten some decent announcements at the game awards, but no  :'(

Really would have loved to see Metroid Prime 4 info or Prime trilogy switch info. Oh well

Offline Melphina

« Reply #223 on: December 24, 2021, 01:21:34 PM »
Along with all the games I've bought and played this year, I'm rounding out 2021 with a flurry of JRPG goodness. Finally got around to getting FF7, 8 Remastered, and 12 Zodiac Age for half off so I now have FFs 7, 8, 9, 10, 10-2, and 12 on my Switch! And today I picked up a physical copy of Dragon Quest XI S so I will be busy for a LONG time!

Offline billboy73

« Reply #224 on: December 27, 2021, 09:18:31 AM »
Picked up a Switch for Christmas, the bundle that comes with Mario Kart.  Got a few games to get me started as well.  I grabbed Super Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Street Fighter 30th Aniv collection, and my brother in law gave me Dead Cells.  Pretty excited to spend some time playing through these.   

Offline Melphina

« Reply #225 on: December 29, 2021, 11:39:02 AM »
Picked up a Switch for Christmas, the bundle that comes with Mario Kart.  Got a few games to get me started as well.  I grabbed Super Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Street Fighter 30th Aniv collection, and my brother in law gave me Dead Cells.  Pretty excited to spend some time playing through these.

That is an amazing collection of games to start with dude. Hope you love them!

Picked up several games for stupid cheap yesterday. OlliOlli Stance, I think that's the name, a sidescrolling skateboard game for a couple bucks. Slay the Spire for $7.49. Overcooked Special Edition for a couple bucks. Saints Row 4 for less than a dollar (93% off + a few gold points).

Offline billboy73

« Reply #226 on: January 04, 2022, 08:46:39 AM »
Started playing Breath of the Wild a few nights ago.  Man, what a game!  Just got the paraglider to get of the Plateau.  Trying to limit myself, as I don't want to stay up all night playing.  It's all I want to do right now.  There is just so much to explore and work through.  This game is quite the journey.   

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #227 on: January 04, 2022, 09:25:05 AM »
Started playing Breath of the Wild a few nights ago.  Man, what a game!  Just got the paraglider to get of the Plateau.  Trying to limit myself, as I don't want to stay up all night playing.  It's all I want to do right now.  There is just so much to explore and work through.  This game is quite the journey.
Enjoy, it really is a journey that rewards you for exploring.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #228 on: January 04, 2022, 09:31:45 AM »
My only real gripe with that game was the inability to craft arrows. And lightening.

Offline Melphina

« Reply #229 on: January 05, 2022, 10:10:55 PM »
Wow. Picked up both Yooka Laylee games for like $16 total on the eshop. Always was wary about playing 40 for each given the mixed reviews I'd read but for those prices it was a no brainer. I've bought so many games lately and haven't played any of them... I'm so bad at not resisting sales  :facepalm:

I think it said the sale ran through the 5th... bought them literally in the nick of time  :lol

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #230 on: January 06, 2022, 03:27:52 AM »
Wow. Picked up both Yooka Laylee games for like $16 total on the eshop. Always was wary about playing 40 for each given the mixed reviews I'd read but for those prices it was a no brainer. I've bought so many games lately and haven't played any of them... I'm so bad at not resisting sales  :facepalm:

I think it said the sale ran through the 5th... bought them literally in the nick of time  :lol

First one is decent but I can see why it reviewed badly.

Second one reviewed well and is, in my opinion, not far off from Donkey Kong Country by Retro quality. It is a really good game in a whole other ballpark than the first one.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #231 on: January 20, 2022, 06:44:06 PM »
Banjo kazooie is out now for switch online for anyone that is into it.

But more importantly, they just announced today that Majora's Mask will be released in February and that made my day. I love that game, never finished it and can't to play it once again.

Offline Melphina

« Reply #232 on: January 20, 2022, 08:59:52 PM »
YEAAHHHH

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #233 on: February 09, 2022, 05:26:54 PM »
https://www.polygon.com/22925647/nintendo-direct-feb-2022-news-announcements-trailers

Lots of cool news today

1. portal 1 and 2 coming
2. chrono cross
3. xenoblade 3
4. No mans sky
5. Splatoon 3
6. Earthbound for nintendo online
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 08:35:55 PM by Phoenix87x »

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #234 on: February 10, 2022, 04:44:31 AM »
I am getting excited for the new Kirby, I think it looks very good and it looks like it has some solid production value put into it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B-qk4_V2jY
Getting a vibe of a mixture between Mario 3D World and Odyssey.

https://www.polygon.com/22925647/nintendo-direct-feb-2022-news-announcements-trailers

Lots of cool news today

1. portal 1 and 2 coming
2. chrono cross
3. xenoblade 3
4. No mans sky
5. Splatoon 3
6. Earthbound for nintendo online

I always wanted to try Crono Cross ever since I was a kid, but it never officially released in Europe. I think I will go for the Switch version, as it has been my go to device of old Square Enix games .

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #235 on: February 10, 2022, 05:44:06 AM »
No Man's Sky is surprising.

I wish cross platform would become a thing for everything. Not just in playing with friends, but with profiles. I have NMS on my PS4 and PC already, and thus two accounts/characters. I'd happily get it on the switch two if I could just carry on with current progress. I'd love to be able to play the same character regardless where or what I'm playing on. I guess that's where the Steam Deck could shine.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #236 on: February 10, 2022, 06:31:26 AM »

I always wanted to try Crono Cross ever since I was a kid, but it never officially released in Europe. I think I will go for the Switch version, as it has been my go to device of old Square Enix games .

Its a very cool game, but I didn't get far in it as a kid since the battle system went over my head. The environments have a chill island vibe and the music is some of my very favorite I've come across in video games.

I am looking forward to trying it again, and I will also be trying Earthbound for the first time as well.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #237 on: February 10, 2022, 07:07:32 AM »
Nintendo is really going for nostalgia feelings here. I might try some of these games but nothing stood out for me except for Kirby.

Portals is a great game, but I personally don't need to play it again. The update to Dread is a bit underwhelming, but I might give it a try just to see if I can beat the game that way (I guess it's a free update, so I shouldn't complain). No Man Sky looks interesting. I've been wanting to try it out so this might be the time for it. Kirby looks interesting, and is giving me huge Mario Odyssey vibes.

I have mixed feelings about the Mario Kart 8 DLC, specially because the waves will be spread out until the end of 2023. That's a long time from now but oh well.

Patiently waiting for Metroid Prime 4 and BOTW2.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #238 on: February 14, 2022, 08:48:09 PM »
Patiently waiting for Metroid Prime 4

This x 1,000,000,000
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #239 on: February 15, 2022, 03:00:27 AM »
At this point in time I am not optimistic for Metroid Prime 4 to be honest, until I see something that indicates it will be good. Retro Studios has not released a new game for 8 years now and I believe the leads behind the trilogy aren't there anymore. I wonder what happened at Retro studios.

In good news, I love how the Live a Live remake looks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGWF4JR_h5E

I once played a bit of a fan translation of the SNES original, it seemed like a good cult classic that never saw release in the west. Looking forward to this and Kirby.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #240 on: February 15, 2022, 03:43:33 AM »
Considering that Prime 4 is taking as long as it is, it would be nice if Nintendo would throw us a bone with Prime trilogy on Switch, but oh well.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #241 on: February 15, 2022, 08:08:19 AM »
So glad Earthbound is out and lots of people can finally experience this amazing story and awesome game.

Hopefully, that will help Mother 3 get developed for an actual release in the US.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #242 on: February 24, 2022, 08:30:56 PM »
So glad Majora's Mask is out. Been really looking forward to this.

And Earthbound has been one hell of a ride too. I've never played any game quite like it.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #243 on: February 24, 2022, 08:37:42 PM »
I saw MM was out. I have thought about replaying that. I didn't play it till years after it was originally released, and needed an online guide for a few parts. Wish I would have played it in real time, I imagine it would have been the type of game I would have loved. The timing just didn't work out.

I see Dark Souls is on Switch. I've been meaning to play that but am afraid I don't have the time or patience in my life these days that I've read the game requires.

Offline Melphina

« Reply #244 on: February 27, 2022, 10:49:25 AM »
I've been doing good at keeping up with the N64 games. At first I thought putting out one game every month was slow but it's the perfect pace in my opinion. I 100% Banjo-Kazooie in time to start 100%ing Majora's Mask. I wonder what's next. Licensing is probably hard as hell these days so it'll never happen but I want to see Mystical Ninja, Harvest Moon 64, MegaMan 64 (Legends), the Snowboard Kids games, and a bunch of others. It would be *really* cool if they translated the first Animal Crossing game, but that's like hoping for a surprise announcement that they'll put Geno in Smash Bros.