Author Topic: The Official Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 26767 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: The Official Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #105 on: September 26, 2019, 11:49:45 AM »
Can you play multiplayer retro games with a friend if they have it on their switch?

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #106 on: September 26, 2019, 01:03:58 PM »
Haven't followed the online thing that much, but does Nintendo add new nes/snes games every month or...?

Can you play multiplayer retro games with a friend if they have it on their switch?

Yes you can, straight out of the box even, as a single joycon can be used for nes/snes.

IMO the d-pad on the pro controller is perfect. That thing is awesome for SNES online :)

Due to the sensitivity every now and then it picks up a signal in a different direction. It is believed to be common but most people will probably think they made slight mistake every now and then. You can try it out in the button calibration menu, just mash one direction quickly and sometimes a different input comes up (see article/vid below). It was reported on by major sites and unfortunately rings true for me as well.

Will try out my housemates pro's to see if they have it as well. If there is a difference I will probably contact Nintendo...

But in the end I am not really a d-pad guy (outside of the snes controller, which has a nice big one centered where the finger rests), so it isn't the end of the world for me. For selections and most purposes, the d-pad works fine for me. Even on SNES games from what I played, but there is the odd chance that there is a wrong input at one of those split second moments in 2d action games. It is super joticable on Tetris though, on my d-pad.

https://kotaku.com/how-to-fix-your-switch-pro-controller-s-d-pad-1827325012

This is how it looks when I test it (not my vid):
https://youtu.be/haufgEirH18

On a sidenote, I actually like the seperate buttons on the left joycon as a "d-pad". I think it feels pretty good for a lot of 2d games.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #107 on: September 26, 2019, 01:05:07 PM »

Yeah, but you both need a Switch and a sub to the online service, I believe. Then you can access the multiplayer function within the SNES Online app on the Switch.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #108 on: September 26, 2019, 01:07:18 PM »

Yeah, but you both need a Switch and a sub to the online service, I believe. Then you can access the multiplayer function within the SNES Online app on the Switch.

So if I had a switch at my house, and a buddy had one at his, we could play Contra or Bubble Bobble together over the internet? Or is it for SNES games only?

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #109 on: September 26, 2019, 01:10:13 PM »

So if I had a switch at my house, and a buddy had one at his, we could play Contra or Bubble Bobble together over the internet? Or is it for SNES games only?

Yes, nes can be played online! I think this applies to all games that have mp.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #110 on: September 26, 2019, 01:19:00 PM »
Yeah, NES and SNES both have online functionality. You should be able to play them online, at two different houses :)
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #111 on: September 26, 2019, 01:19:50 PM »
Whoa. I didn't know that was a thing. That's incredible.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #112 on: September 26, 2019, 01:31:51 PM »
Whoa. I didn't know that was a thing. That's incredible.

Yeah, I'd say at this point Switch online is absolutely worth it. You can also download the entire library to your switch and play them on the go without internet connectivity. And just the whole design and functionality of the NES and SNES apps is really well done.

I reaaally hope they will do a gameboy app too in the future.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #113 on: September 26, 2019, 01:54:48 PM »
Is it the entire library of NES and SNES games? Any region locking?

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #114 on: September 26, 2019, 01:59:38 PM »
Is it the entire library of NES and SNES games? Any region locking?

The Switch is the first Nintendo system that is not region locked, so you shouldn't have problems there, I don't think.

SNES games currently available (more to come later, but not sure when; these launched with the service earlier this month):

Super Mario World™
Super Mario World™ 2: Yoshi's Island™
Super Mario Kart™
The Legend of Zelda™: A Link to the Past™
Super Metroid™
Star Fox™
F-ZERO™
Stunt Race FX™
Pilotwings™
Kirby's Dream Land™ 3
Kirby's Dream Course™
Super Ghouls'n Ghosts™
Demon's Crest
Super Soccer
Super Puyo Puyo 2
Breath Of Fire
BRAWL BROTHERS
SUPER E.D.F. EARTH DEFENSE FORCE
Super Tennis
Joe & Mac 2: Lost in the Tropics

NES games currently available (they used to put up new games monthly, but I don't know how often they're planning to do it with NES games now that the SNES games are here):

Metroid™
Mighty Bomb Jack
TwinBee
Soccer
Tennis
Donkey Kong™
Mario Bros.™
Super Mario Bros.™
Balloon Fight™
 Ice Climber™
Dr. Mario™
 The Legend of Zelda™
Super Mario Bros.™ 3
 Double Dragon
River City Ransom
Ghosts'n Goblins™
Tecmo Bowl
Gradius
Pro Wrestling
Excitebike™
Yoshi™
Ice Hockey
Baseball
Solomon's Key
NES™ Open Tournament Golf
Super Dodge Ball
Wario's Woods™
 Ninja Gaiden
ADVENTURES OF LOLO
Blaster Master
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
Super Mario Bros™ 2
Kirby's Adventure™
Kid Icarus™
StarTropics™
Super Mario Bros.™: The Lost Levels
Punch-Out!!™ Featuring Mr. Dream
Star Soldier
Donkey Kong Jr.™
VS. Excitebike™
Clu Clu Land™
Double Dragon II: The Revenge
Volleyball
City Connection
Wrecking Crew
Donkey Kong 3

Personally, I've put 50+ hours into the NES Online *just* because of Wario's Woods, and Dr. Mario. Also played a lot of Donkey Kong and Super Mario Bros. 1-3 and a whole lot of NES Open Tournament Golf.

SNES, I've already 100%ed Super Mario World, almost 100%ed Super Mario World 2, and playing through Breath of Fire and A Link To The Past again right now. Sooooo nice not having to resort to emulation for these games for the first time in 2 decades. They play wonderfully.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #115 on: September 26, 2019, 02:11:29 PM »
I would be more excited about the SNES games if I didn't get the SNES classic 2 years ago. It is nice to have all the games on the same console.

And the Switch Lite looks pretty cool. I considered getting one but it's not ideal for me because 90% of the times I play, I use the docked mode. I only play handheld when I'm travelling, which only happens 2-3 times a year.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #116 on: September 26, 2019, 02:12:19 PM »
Not exactly a NES expert, but are there significant (first party) titles still missing?

As for the SNES, I hope to see the Donkey Kong Country series. Really enjoyed the first one on the SNES classic (though I am horrible at it), but would like having the second and third games.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #117 on: September 26, 2019, 02:16:33 PM »
I dunno about significant first party games but I know Final Fantasies 1-3 are not available. The Donkey Kong Country games and Street Fighter II (and its variants) aren't on the SNES either but I hope eventually they are (Donkey Kong is available through the Arcade Archives which I also purchased, and it's slightly different, so I do expect Street Fighter II to show up eventually despite being in the Street Fighter collection that's for sale). I would also like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles In Time, and Kirby Super Star.

First DKC game is probably a top 10 all-time game for me... play that every year.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #118 on: September 28, 2019, 05:00:35 AM »
For anyone that likes Final Fantasy games, they are discounted on the switch online store at the moment. and that includes 7, 9, 10 and 12

I picked up 7 and 12 (Zodiac age)

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #119 on: September 28, 2019, 06:22:52 AM »
I think I will buy FFVII, but am also contemplating buying the Asian physical edition that has both VII and VIII on a single cartridge with an English language option.

I dunno about significant first party games but I know Final Fantasies 1-3 are not available. The Donkey Kong Country games and Street Fighter II (and its variants) aren't on the SNES either but I hope eventually they are (Donkey Kong is available through the Arcade Archives which I also purchased, and it's slightly different, so I do expect Street Fighter II to show up eventually despite being in the Street Fighter collection that's for sale). I would also like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles In Time, and Kirby Super Star.

First DKC game is probably a top 10 all-time game for me... play that every year.

Yeah, it is a great game and really enjoy the look of classic DKC. But I am sooo bad at it, had to use save states (my rule is only to use them between levels). As the sequels aren't on the classic, I really hope to play them on the Switch in the future.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #120 on: October 01, 2019, 01:20:36 PM »
Since I'm currently not in a position to drop $60+tax on a game, I've been looking at the really cheap offerings on the Switch. Last week I bought the original Doom for $5 and it's still fun to play even as dated as that game is (eventually I want all the Dooms on my Switch, so I've got a lot to look forward to). The other night I bought Crypt of the Necrodancer for about $3. Really fun so far but I'm playing that one in small bursts which seems to be optimal for me.

I reeeeeally want Lapis x Labyrinth.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #121 on: October 01, 2019, 01:44:08 PM »
Since getting the Lite, I broke out Xenoblade chronicles 2 for the first time in a long time. It always looked cruddy on handheld mode so I kinda lost interest. I may be mental, but it looks much better on the slightly smaller screen of the lite.

Happy to be back in it and can't wait for the remastered version of Xenoblade chronicles 1

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #122 on: October 01, 2019, 01:47:54 PM »
Since getting the Lite, I broke out Xenoblade chronicles 2 for the first time in a long time. It always looked cruddy on handheld mode so I kinda lost interest. I may be mental, but it looks much better on the slightly smaller screen of the lite.

Happy to be back in it and can't wait for the remastered version of Xenoblade chronicles 1

Oooh that's great to hear. I almost exclusively play docked mode but XC2 did not look so good handheld. I'm excited 1 is coming to the Switch so I can finally play it - it looks fantastic visually. I will have to get Torna before it comes out and finally play that too.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #123 on: October 02, 2019, 03:37:18 AM »
Yeah, a smaller screen can help quite a bit. I find the og 3DS to be of much better iq compared to the XL models with a larger screen, for example.

Similarly, the the Switch docked looks a lot better on my old, smaller lcd than our modern bigass 4k screen.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #124 on: November 04, 2019, 08:16:45 AM »
Posting this here 'cause it's an old game, a niche game, on the Switch, and I don't want to detract from the Red Dead hype in the general game thread. Last Remnant rant/rambling.

So I recently bought The Last Remnant on Switch. This is the fourth time I've bought this game. It's been years since I've played it so I'm quite rusty on my in-depth knowledge of the game but in general I know enough to get through.

The game levels enemies by scaling them to your level, which is called a 'battle rank.' The game has an interesting stat gain and leveling mechanic in battle ranks. Basically, go big or go home; high risk, high reward is the name of the game here. You can activate this ability called 'timeshift' on the overworld and when you get close to an enemy, it lights up red. Any enemies you 'link' this way before the timeshift ends, you can hit the R trigger to 'link' all the enemies into a single battle. Each enemy on the overworld can bring anywhere from 1-3 (maybe 4, not sure if they changed this) 'unions' into battle. So, you can engage a single enemy on the overworld but it might bring 1-3 'unions' into battle, each consisting of 1-4 enemies in each union. Get it? The stronger the enemies you fight, the lower your unions' morale going into battle, the greater your stat gains at the end of battle. I've seen units get 5 stat upgrades + 2 skills all from one battle.

The goal for most people is to keep your Battle Rank low, because enemies will quickly become super powerful, and if you keep your rank low while grinding properly you can get massive stat and skill gains which will help you roll over enemies instead of the other way around.

So I was half-properly grinding in this remaster. I was linking a bunch of monsters, but not the strongest ones in the areas, so while I was slowly gaining BR, I was only gaining moderate stat gains, and the enemies were scaling a bit more quickly than me. I had to spend all day grinding yesterday in the area before the halfway-through-the-game mark, just to tackle one of the most infuriating boss fights I've ever experienced, The Gates of Hell. This bastard will attack on its own 2-3 times per turn, then get another attack every time a union attacks him. If you're using 4 unions like most people do, this amounts to 6-7 attacks - AOE attacks - per turn. AND he can immediately enthrall your KO'd unions, making them fight for him, which basically means if they even touch your living unions, you're plummeting to a game over the next turn or 2.

But I did it, god damn it. I corrected my grinding mistakes and powered up so much he didn't even come close to killing me once. Now I've reached the back half of the game where it gets REALLY open and fun, and my units are powerful enough to make looking for my endgame roster easy.

The only serious downside here is that I sped through the first half and missed a bunch of permanently missable sidequests which I'll have to save for New Game +.

This game is absolutely infuriating but I LOVE the depth of the combat and stat systems and linking/chaining enemies together and how the more you do it the more you get rewarded. But oh my god, I can't think of a single other game that is so heavily flawed, so rage inducing, and yet I can't quit playing it.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #125 on: November 04, 2019, 03:52:24 PM »
Posting this here 'cause it's an old game, a niche game, on the Switch, and I don't want to detract from the Red Dead hype in the general game thread. Last Remnant rant/rambling.

So I recently bought The Last Remnant on Switch. This is the fourth time I've bought this game. It's been years since I've played it so I'm quite rusty on my in-depth knowledge of the game but in general I know enough to get through.

The game levels enemies by scaling them to your level, which is called a 'battle rank.' The game has an interesting stat gain and leveling mechanic in battle ranks. Basically, go big or go home; high risk, high reward is the name of the game here. You can activate this ability called 'timeshift' on the overworld and when you get close to an enemy, it lights up red. Any enemies you 'link' this way before the timeshift ends, you can hit the R trigger to 'link' all the enemies into a single battle. Each enemy on the overworld can bring anywhere from 1-3 (maybe 4, not sure if they changed this) 'unions' into battle. So, you can engage a single enemy on the overworld but it might bring 1-3 'unions' into battle, each consisting of 1-4 enemies in each union. Get it? The stronger the enemies you fight, the lower your unions' morale going into battle, the greater your stat gains at the end of battle. I've seen units get 5 stat upgrades + 2 skills all from one battle.

The goal for most people is to keep your Battle Rank low, because enemies will quickly become super powerful, and if you keep your rank low while grinding properly you can get massive stat and skill gains which will help you roll over enemies instead of the other way around.

So I was half-properly grinding in this remaster. I was linking a bunch of monsters, but not the strongest ones in the areas, so while I was slowly gaining BR, I was only gaining moderate stat gains, and the enemies were scaling a bit more quickly than me. I had to spend all day grinding yesterday in the area before the halfway-through-the-game mark, just to tackle one of the most infuriating boss fights I've ever experienced, The Gates of Hell. This bastard will attack on its own 2-3 times per turn, then get another attack every time a union attacks him. If you're using 4 unions like most people do, this amounts to 6-7 attacks - AOE attacks - per turn. AND he can immediately enthrall your KO'd unions, making them fight for him, which basically means if they even touch your living unions, you're plummeting to a game over the next turn or 2.

But I did it, god damn it. I corrected my grinding mistakes and powered up so much he didn't even come close to killing me once. Now I've reached the back half of the game where it gets REALLY open and fun, and my units are powerful enough to make looking for my endgame roster easy.

The only serious downside here is that I sped through the first half and missed a bunch of permanently missable sidequests which I'll have to save for New Game +.

This game is absolutely infuriating but I LOVE the depth of the combat and stat systems and linking/chaining enemies together and how the more you do it the more you get rewarded. But oh my god, I can't think of a single other game that is so heavily flawed, so rage inducing, and yet I can't quit playing it.

Damn, four times?! My record is MGS3 three times and that is my favourite game of all time probably.

I don't really know much about this game, I recall teenage me being salty that the 360 got exclusive JRPG's, because I bought a PS3 due to the PS2 having many of them (which turned out well, because I lost interest in the genre for a period then). How is the story in Last Remnant?

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #126 on: November 04, 2019, 04:56:28 PM »
Unfortunately the story is one of the weaker aspects of The Last Remnant. Like, the worldbuilding it has is kinda cool and the races and cities all feel distinct and real and it's all got a lot of thought put into it but unfortunately the story itself just kinda... sucks. I think it has some really cool moments and the cinematics are a delight to watch when there's action involved but yeah. The game is so painfully obviously marketed to a western or even distinctly American audience, right down to some of the core characters, that it's cringe-inducing.

The meat of TLR is in its battle system and character/stat/skill management, but the game does such a horrible job at explaining what few mechanics it actually DOES explain, that it's hard to recommend it to anybody. It's a cult game and the few people who really sink their teeth into it still have to fight off frustrations and dive through a million spreadsheets of datamined info just to figure out how systems work.

In short, the story is not good and I can't really recommend it to anybody else because it's such a horribly flawed game with so much wasted potential. I just have really strange tastes and can't put it down because I'm a glutton for punishment and refuse to let the game beat me.

Check out this video for an idea of the ridiculous, weird combat system at hand: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYMkUDz3c6U

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #127 on: November 06, 2019, 09:09:53 AM »
Doing some grinding in TLR and the back half is definitely where it opens up. Last night I 'linked' 18 weak enemies on the overworld, which led to me slaughtering 107 units in total during the battle. And they were super weak enemies, but because I took on so many, I had MASSIVE stat gains at the end of the battle. Like, 5-6 stats for just about every one of my 18 fighters, as well as enhanced skills and class changes. If anybody out there reading this is curious, check out 8:30 in this video for a demonstration of how wild the stat gains can be from using the battle system properly. It's so addicting to see your chain count get super high and know you're getting huge rewards from battle.

The magic unions in this game are ridiculously overpowered, at least in this particular version. There is an ability called Caustic Blast that will almost always decimate the enemy army by taking out not just the directly targeted union, but at least 2-3 others. Then, often times you can trigger a super powerful ability from a pool of skills called Arcana, which wipe out the entire battlefield in a single magical blast. Once you trigger it, it's pretty easy to do it again for the rest of the game, so I pulled it off about 6 times last night even though I was actively avoiding trying to use it. Now, the units I just started training are already beefed up ready to take on big baddies.

Blah blah blah I love and hate this game but I love it just slightly more than I hate it especially once my hard work starts paying off :)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #128 on: March 28, 2020, 10:46:27 AM »
Bumpity bump. I know Ben_Jamin and I are playing Animal Crossing. Anybody else? My friend code is 4250-9730-4436. I have a massive orchard growing which in a few days will have all the fruits in the game. People are free to come and take what they wish.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #129 on: March 28, 2020, 05:57:06 PM »
Animal crossing looks pretty cool. Never played the original.

I just got Luigi's Mansion 3. Cool little game. I love spooky stuff so its hitting the spot

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #130 on: August 05, 2020, 08:09:33 AM »
Prepare yourselves, brave explorers! Set-off for the lush planet PNF-404 when Pikmin 3 Deluxe lands on October 30! This new version for Nintendo Switch features multiple difficulty modes, new side-story missions featuring Olimar and Louie, and all the DLC from the original release.

WOOHOO! But... where's Pikmin 4? :( I never got to play 3 so this will be awesome for me. I never played 2 when it came out, either, but in 2018 I spent like, all February playing 2. I became really obsessed with that, just like the first game. I hope 3 is as fun.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #131 on: September 17, 2020, 05:04:03 PM »
Ori and the will of the wisp finally released on the switch. I really liked the 1st one so very excited to play this one.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #132 on: September 18, 2020, 05:10:35 AM »
Got Super Mario 3D allstars. Overall, its great but here's two thoughts:

1. Galaxies motion controls- I have a switch lite so I am dealing with touching the screen, and luckily due to the smaller size of the console it just barley works. Its doable, but its a little awkward reaching over. Really wish they would have just mapped it to the right analog sick but oh well  :P

2. For being a full price $60 dollar game, I really think Galaxy 2 should have been included, but oh well.

Besides that, I dig the collection. And this is my first time playing Sunshine but its quickly becoming a favorite.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 06:16:41 AM by Phoenix87x »

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #133 on: September 18, 2020, 06:22:33 AM »
Sunshine is amazing but there's some serious BS in that game. Looking at the pachinko level, Corona Mountain, etc. But it's a wonderful game regardless.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #134 on: September 18, 2020, 06:34:51 AM »
Got Super Mario 3D allstars. Overall, its great but here's two thoughts:

1. Galaxies motion controls- I have a switch lite so I am dealing with touching the screen, and luckily due to the smaller size of the console it just barley works. Its doable, but its a little awkward reaching over. Really wish they would have just mapped it to the right analog sick but oh well  :P

2. For being a full price $60 dollar game, I really think Galaxy 2 should have been included, but oh well.

Besides that, I dig the collection. And this is my first time playing Sunshine but its quickly becoming a favorite.

The Nvidia shield version (official Nintendo port in China) has that apparently.

Honestly, it is clear they rushed this or simply did not put in much effort at all (kinda sad in comparison that fans have made an actual 1080p widescreen 60 fps non-emulation Mario 64 port on PC in their free time). Nonetheless, the games themselves are fantastic and while as a collection it is subpar and incomplete, the amount of actual great gameplay for it's price isn't, if that makes sense. And two of these games hold up really well visually. So I ordered it as well.

I barely remember anything about Sunshine. I never actually owned it back in the day (played it with friends when I was twelve I think). I look forward to that one the most, as I have played Galaxy in recent times already and for me 64 has aged (though I also look forward to play it, as I last played it on the DS almost ten years ago, I think).

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #135 on: September 18, 2020, 07:38:13 AM »
I'll always respect 64, but I've played it extensively over the years. I got this collection really for Sunshine and Galaxy.

Sunshine feels so unique. To have a full little island town with NPCs is really cool. And I really love the tropical, chill vibe that it presents. I really like the clean up mechanic as well for what ever reason  :lol

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #136 on: September 18, 2020, 07:56:44 AM »
Soon I will receive the SNES controller. Next week DKC2 will be added, so I am looking forward to checking out what is often called the best Donkey Kong title with the SNES pad. And apparently you can also play stuff like Celeste and some classic collections (Mega Man, Castlevania) with the pad, so it won't be without it's uses.

I'll always respect 64, but I've played it extensively over the years. I got this collection really for Sunshine and Galaxy.

Sunshine feels so unique. To have a full little island town with NPCs is really cool. And I really love the tropical, chill vibe that it presents. I really like the clean up mechanic as well for what ever reason  :lol

Sunshine looks like it might be right up my alley. Like I said, i played it back in the day, but not a whole lot and not really on my own.

64 is offcourse a great grandfather of almost any modern third person 3d adventure. To not only revolutionize/popularize 3d gameplay/controls/design principles but also hold up in terms of being fun decades later is nothing short of amazing. The game aged, but it did not age badly at all. At least that is how I felt ten years ago and I think my experience now will be the same.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #137 on: September 18, 2020, 08:15:30 AM »
I've been playing an N64 emulator on my PC a lot. Been putting a lot of hours into Mario Golf. That game still holds up as my favorite golf game, even all of these years later. I have to say, I was sooo disappointed with Paper Mario. I played it for the first time the other day and called it quits after 90 minutes or so.

Toy Story 2 is just as excellent as I remember. That one's a heck of a lot of fun.

I've been playing with one of these, and I'm really enjoying the experience.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #138 on: September 18, 2020, 08:17:54 AM »
^^ Liking Toy Story 2 but not liking Paper Mario makes my brain melt.  :lol I need to pick up one of those controllers. I emulate N64 games way too much to not have one and that will make the Zeldas so much more bearable.

Do you think I'd be able to use the SNES controller on the Street Fighter Anniversary Collection? I bought that exclusively for Street Fighter II and would love to play it with the original controller.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #139 on: September 18, 2020, 08:22:09 AM »
I haven't picked the bundle up yet but it's still a bummer that Mario 64 didn't get as updated as I hoped it could be. The PC modded 64 looks fantastic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2wH9mVbOvk&t=152s