General > General Discussion

The Official Nintendo Switch Thread

(1/87) > >>

FlyingBIZKIT:
Hey everyone, it's been a while since I've posted, and I hope you're all doing well!

I wanted to make a thread specifically for the Nintendo Switch, since the console is doing so well and there's much to talk about. I haven't read many of the recent posts in the Official Videogame thread, but I feel it'd be cool for the Switch to have its own thread. The old Nintendo thread also seems to be kind of dead. If any mods feel this is unnecessary, feel free to take it down :tup

Honestly, I can say without a doubt that this console got me back into gaming. Probably not super ideal since I'm in grad school, but hey, gotta have fun somehow :lol

Just in case anyone is interested, I'll list the games I have for it. I'm open to any good recommendations, as well as giving recommendations for games.

My Switch collection so far:

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 60+ hours. Fun game that I'm hesitating to beat because I don't feel I'll be super motivated to go back through it if I do. So I'm taking a bit of a break.

Super Mario Odyssey - 15+ hours. Love the game, so much fun. Didn't take very long to beat. Not quite looking to find all the moons just because I'd rather allocate that time to different games.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 15+ hours. Great multiplayer game, especially local. However, I don't find myself playing this much alone. Already did pretty much everything I could do.

Splatoon 2 - 10+ hours. Recently got this. I really dig the multiplayer, lots of fun.

Rayman Legends - 10+ hours. Love this game. Did a single play through of the main story levels. Going to go back and try to 100% this one. One of the best platformers I've ever played. Gorgeous visuals and music, perfect for the Switch.

Stardew Valley - 20+ hours. Put in these 20 hours within the first few days of getting the game. Took a bit of a break. Love the relaxing tone of this one and can't wait to go back. Great stress reliever right here.

Enter the Gungeon - Probably about 10 hours. Just got this on sale. So much fun! I love the challenge and I feel like this has such high replay value.

The End is Nigh - 5+ hours. A bit like Super Meat Boy if anyone has ever played it. I think this is a bit harder though because it requires a bit more precision. Lots of fun and rewarding.

Overcooked! - 4+ hours. One of my favorite multiplayer games. However, it's quite difficult. It's complete chaos and makes you reconsider your friendships. I only play this with others. Seems impossible doing it all alone.

vs. Super Mario Bros - <1 hour. I've turned this game on a couple times at most. I got it on sale when I first got my Switch, just so I could have it there. I'll likely get the itch to play this sometime.

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime - 1+ hour. I really do love this game, but I find few opportunities to play it. Again, it's another great multiplayer title, but I feel it's at its best with 3 others. Each person controlling a part of the ship is such a unique idea, I just wish I had more opportunities to play it with others. It works well as a 2 player adventure, but I find it quite difficult.

Inversus - 1+ hour. It's a pretty simple puzzle shooter. Cool idea but also one that I only have the desire to play with others. Bought this on sale!

Perception - Still haven't played. Heard very mixed reviews about it. I feel like it's right up my alley, but I'm looking to beat Oxenfree before I get to it. I don't really like playing multiple story based games at once.

Thumper - Probably about 5 hours. My most recent purchase, and currently on sale in the eShop. Holy shit! This is already one of my favorite games on the Switch. Such an innovative idea. I've always enjoyed rhythm games like guitar hero and rock band, but this does feel a bit different. It's super fast-paced, and looks and sounds gorgeous. If anyone wants a challenging rhythm game, pick it up!

Oxenfree - 4+ hours. I love it so far. I'm a sucker for the walking simulator type games. I crave a good story and good writing over almost anything else in gaming nowadays. This definitely has it. I'm probably about to play some more of this tonight.

The Deer God - <1 hour. Neat little side scroller, but not much to it. One of the first games I got. A friend told me to buy it so I did. Not really sure why though. :lol

Any gamer knows it's incredibly easy to create a massive backlog of games that will likely never be touched. I'm trying not to do that with the Switch, but it certainly is hard with the plethora of great titles released.

Just to raise some interesting questions:

- What games are you most looking forward to this year?
- What are you favorite/least favorite Switch titles?
- E3 predictions?
- In what ways do you think the Switch could be improved?

ganpondorodf:
Looking forward to Fire Emblem this year and Metroid Prime 4 whenever it finally comes out. Breath of the Wild is one of the best games I've ever played, though there is room for improvement so I'm excited to see what they do with the next Zelda. I've put in around 400 hours across multiple play-throughs

krands85:
I've really wanted to get one of these (for Zelda, Mario and also Mario Kart), but I can't justify the high cost of the console, games and even the added accessories. Keep waiting for a price drop, but it doesn't seem to be coming - which is good for Nintendo I suppose, it's nice to see them still doing well.

soupytwist:
I picked up 'Shovel Knight' a few weeks ago.  One of the games I'd heard a lot of good things about but never picked up before on any format, I'd a really good old school platformer, it's has a nice difficulty balance for me - not too hard, but slightly up from casual gaming. 

Quick question....On Overcooked is it couch co-op only, or is there online?  Also how does it play with only 2 players?

ReaperKK:
Holy shit FlyingBizkit, how are you?

I don't have a nintendo switch but I plan on picking one up in the next month or so, I really want to play Mario and Zelda.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version