Anybody Listening?
4 (22.2%)
Damaged
2 (11.1%)
Revolution Calling
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: March 23, 2018, 11:37:06 PM

Author Topic: QUEENSRYCHE SURVIVOR 2017 - FINALS - round 19  (Read 601 times)

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
QUEENSRYCHE SURVIVOR 2017 - FINALS - round 19
« on: March 22, 2018, 11:37:06 PM »

QUEENSRYCHE SURVIVOR 2017 / 2018
FINALS

When the consolations are over, we could concentrate only on the best material from Queensryche. We have here a really solid 29 tracks which could easily made a great The Best Of album. Let's vote, I have my favourites and I bet You have yours, and I'm hoping that it will be good fun;)  :metal

18TH ROUND TIEBREAKER RESULTS:
Empire - 13 (61.9%)
Anybody Listening? - 8 (38.1%)

11.  :huh:
12. Empire
13. Silent Lucidity
14. I Dream In Infrared
15. Promised Land
16. The Right Side Of My Mind
17. Best I Can
18. Queen Of The Reich
19. Roads To Madness
20. Real World
21. Condition Human
22. Where Dreams Go To Die
23. The Art Of Life
24. Hostage
25. A Dead Man's Words
26. You
27. Chasing Blue Sky
28. At The Edge
29. Cold
--------------------------------------------------
Empire has fallen. Anybody Listening? is back in the game which is very good and it's time for Walk In The Shadows.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
Re: QUEENSRYCHE SURVIVOR 2017 - FINALS - round 19
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 02:00:38 AM »
The Killing Words
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 02:12:09 AM »
Anybody Listening again
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Dittomist

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 02:24:04 AM »
Revolution Calling

Online Mladen

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 05:00:43 AM »
Anybody Listening?

I find it surreal that one of my least favorite Queensryche songs from the classic era might actually end up in the top 10.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 05:27:26 AM »
AL

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2018, 05:51:14 AM »
Damaged
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2018, 08:34:16 AM »
The Killing Words
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline romdrums

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2018, 08:46:09 AM »
Anybody Listening?

I find it surreal that one of my least favorite Queensryche songs from the classic era might actually end up in the top 10.

I could say the same thing about Walk in the Shadows and I Don't Believe in Love.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2018, 09:16:07 AM »
Anybody Listening? is top-5 QR for me, and likely is #1. I just can't believe Speak has made it this far. It's a good tune, but seriously?
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline pg1067

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2018, 09:28:44 AM »
Glad to see Empire gone.  I'm still trying to imagine what it was like when Tate (and Wilton) pitched this song to the rest of the band:  "So, hey guys, we're going to have this break-down section in the middle where I do a spoken word segment about fiscal policy that advocates for greater spending on law enforcement."  How did no one step up and say, "you're kidding, right?"  I also can't believe that Empire outlasted all but one song from The Warning and the EP and that a couple of the band's best songs (Prophecy and Neue Regel) didn't even make it into the poll (perhaps that was discussed before I began participating).  This is going to turn into a top 5-6 that is nothing but Mindcrime songs.

Anyway, I went voted for The Killing Words this time.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2018, 10:26:09 AM »
Glad to see Empire gone.  I'm still trying to imagine what it was like when Tate (and Wilton) pitched this song to the rest of the band:  "So, hey guys, we're going to have this break-down section in the middle where I do a spoken word segment about fiscal policy that advocates for greater spending on law enforcement."  How did no one step up and say, "you're kidding, right?"  I also can't believe that Empire outlasted all but one song from The Warning and the EP and that a couple of the band's best songs (Prophecy and Neue Regel) didn't even make it into the poll (perhaps that was discussed before I began participating).  This is going to turn into a top 5-6 that is nothing but Mindcrime songs.

Empire was the first track they did for the record. I can't stand behind this 100 percent, but I believe it was something leftover from Mindcrime. If you look at the credits, that song was recorded by Northfield and Hall, whereas the rest of the Empire album was engineered by Jimbo Barton and his assistant. That doesn't prove anything, but I have a gut feeling Empire was something they came up with either during the Mindcrime sessions or just right after, and held over.

I think Empire is a great tune, so we differ on that. It is over played, but I think its moodiness and edge are really cool.

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline romdrums

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2018, 12:21:40 PM »

Empire was the first track they did for the record. I can't stand behind this 100 percent, but I believe it was something leftover from Mindcrime. If you look at the credits, that song was recorded by Northfield and Hall, whereas the rest of the Empire album was engineered by Jimbo Barton and his assistant. That doesn't prove anything, but I have a gut feeling Empire was something they came up with either during the Mindcrime sessions or just right after, and held over.

I think Empire is a great tune, so we differ on that. It is over played, but I think its moodiness and edge are really cool.

I remember reading an interview with DeGarmo and Wilton in one of the Guitar magazines (Guitar, March 91)where they said Empire was something they worked with for a while. 
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.