Author Topic: Ivo Shandor and Vigo the Carpathian  (Read 1351 times)

Online MirrorMask

Ivo Shandor and Vigo the Carpathian
« on: March 15, 2018, 09:14:18 AM »
So, I assume most of you know who these guys are, but let's have Wikiquote refresh our memory:

Ghostbusters movie:

Ray Stantz: [...] The whole building is a huge super-conductive antenna that was designed and built expressly for the purpose of pulling in and concentrating spiritual turbulence. [...]
Egon Spengler: [...] Something terrible is about to enter our world, and this building is obviously the door. The architect's name was Ivo Shandor. I found it in Tobin's Spirit Guide. He was also a doctor. Performed a lot of unnecessary surgery. And then in 1920, he started a secret society.
Peter Venkman: Let me guess: Gozer worshippers.
Egon Spengler: Right.
[...]
Egon Spengler: After the First World War, Shandor decided that society was too sick to survive. [notices more jailbirds listening in] And he wasn't alone; he had close to a thousand followers when he died. They conducted rituals up on the roof, bizarre rituals intended to bring about the end of the world. And now, it looks like it may actually happen.

Ghostbusters II:

Dr. Egon Spengler: Vigo the Carpathian. Born 1505, died 1610.
Dr. Peter Venkman: 105 years old? He hung in there, didn't he?
Dr. Raymond Stantz: He didn't die of old age, either. He was poisoned, stabbed, shot, hung, stretched, disemboweled, drawn and quartered.
Venkman: Ouch.
Winston Zeddmore: Guess he wasn't too popular at the end, huh?
Spengler: No, not exactly a man of the people. Also known as Vigo the Cruel, Vigo the Torturer, Vigo the Despised, and Vigo the Unholy.
Venkman: Wasn't he also Vigo the Butch?
Stantz: And dig this, there was a prophecy. Just before his head died, his last words were "Death is but a door, time is but a window: I'll be back."

Now, my question is: why in the entire bloody history of cinema since 1984 and 1989 nobody ever ever thought about making a prequel about these two characters, rather than a lazy all female reboot??? a movie (well, two movies) about a mad scientist / architect who builds a secret society and a carpatian tyrant who isn't Dracula that reigns for decades before meeting a gruesome end would kick some major ass.

I want my Ivo Shandor prequel now!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Ivo Shandor and Vigo the Carpathian
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 05:12:47 PM »
If you play the game (which is actually really good, but has no replay value. Rent it.) it goes more into Ivo Shandor. The last boss is Shandor in his Destructor form, The Architect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyVGSGynYpg
Listen! Do you smell something?