Currently married/engaged
46 (59.7%)
Divorced and single
4 (5.2%)
Single (never married)
16 (20.8%)
Re-married
8 (10.4%)
Was engaged or long term relationship but now single (never married though)
3 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: Experiences with Marriage and/or Divorce  (Read 9161 times)

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Experiences with Marriage and/or Divorce
« Reply #105 on: August 30, 2021, 07:08:08 AM »
I don't tell my wife for PERMISSION, though, I tell her out of respect and awareness. If she doesn't want to do anything with the information, that's on her.  There's plenty she tells me that is only important in the moment.  I get that it's probably more me than anything universal, but at a certain point if we we're doing our own thing, managing our own money, etc., we're just roommates.

I'm the same, if I have a big purchase I'll tell her but if I want it, I want it. If you guys are interested I'll tell you the story of when I bought a car without telling my gf (now wife) :lol

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #106 on: August 30, 2021, 03:37:16 PM »
I'm interested!

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #107 on: August 30, 2021, 04:05:05 PM »
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #108 on: August 30, 2021, 08:10:43 PM »
A few years ago I was driving a really old, shitty BMW as my daily car, leaked every fluid imaginable (lolz BMW). My brother came up for his first visit to Charlotte and I went to get him at the airport. The moment he sat in the car a christmas tree of lights lit up the dashboard, my tensioner broke off the engine block. I thought fuck it I'm going to buy a new car.

That weekend my wife was in San Diego for work, I told her I was going to try and buy a car if I find one I like. Friday I take my dog to day camp because I was going to be gone all day looking at cars. When I got to day camp I checked my phone and my gf messaged me upset that I hadn't responded to her text, it was something along the lines of "Guess you're
too busy to respond, have fun with your brother this weekend" it seems harmless but knowing her it was passive aggressive.

This really got under my skin so I was like fine, I'm not responding. Later that day I find a Lexus RCF300, price was right, car was gorgeous, I came back the next day and bought it. I took it home and after not hearing from me at all I just sent my gf a pic of the car in the driveway. She called me almost immediately, she was with her co-workers and she said "Oh so you bought a car huh?" I could hear the quivers of rage in her voice when I replied "Yup, it's pretty nice figured I'd show you a pic Anyway, see you tomorrow" Needless to say we had a longer conversation when she had a moment away from her co-workers.

It was childish move on both of our parts (moreso on me) but the benefit is now when I say I want to get xyz car next I get a response that is typically like "I don't care, you're going to do whatever you want anyway", so open endorsement.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #109 on: September 12, 2021, 03:34:34 PM »
Sorry, I completely forgot to reply to this! It made me laugh :lol don't do that again, but at the same time, it's a great story now :angel:

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise