Author Topic: Kattelox's Album Roulette - Party Time! Excellent! v. FIN  (Read 105363 times)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Kattelox's Album Roulette - Party Time! Excellent! v. FIN
« on: March 12, 2018, 05:50:34 PM »
Kattelox's Album Roulette
"Party on, Garth!" - Wayne 3:16

Welcome to my first roulette, everybody - possible turbulence ahead, bear with me if I screw something up. Since I've always felt one song rarely does justice to its given album, I want to give everyone the chance to show me a full album of an artist's work. Please give the rules a quick skim, maybe give my Last.FM and RYM a look, and don't forget to check the section on my musical preferences to gauge how much I'll like your submission.

I tend to listen to albums in three places: work, the gym, and at home with my speakers. The goal is to listen to every submission at least once in all of these scenarios so I can fairly judge. I am single, I am a homebody, and I enjoy my alone time, so getting this done shouldn't be difficult, although I can't promise it will always work out perfectly as planned, particularly with work. I hadn't planned on everybody signing up in advance, but that's just how it turned out. Next time it will be a free for all.

-=-=-=-=-=-
The Participants
-=-=-=-=-=-
[scores and positions updated to reflect current standing]

1. Sacul - 71.5
2. Stadler - 71.0
3. Evermind - 70.5
3. home - 70.5
3. jingle.boy - 70.5
6. Tomislav95 - 68.5
7. ariich - 67.0
8. Puppies_On_Acid - 64.5
9. Lethean - 63.0
10. Parama - 57.5
11. twosuitsluke
12. TAC
13. Train of Naught
14. lonestar

###SIGN UPS ARE NOW CLOSED###
###ONLY 10 WILL REMAIN AFTER ELIMINATION ROUND###

-=-=-=-=-=-
The Rules
-=-=-=-=-=-

• 7 rounds, 10 participants. There are no themes. Go wild.
  • You have 48 hours to send me an album. I have Spotify and Google Play, so I would prefer to use that whenever possible (particularly Spotify), but if I can't, send me a YouTube link. We'll get through this together.
  • I will finish each round in no more than 1.5 weeks, ideally each round will be finished and summarized every Saturday or Sunday evening, central US time.
  • Once an artist is submitted, it cannot be submitted for the rest of the roulette.
  • If the same artist is submitted twice in a round, I will accept it for that round.
  • Any artist with an album rated 4 or higher on my RYM is banned. Also, any artist with at least 2 ratings is banned, because I'd like to find new artists I haven't listened to.
  • If you can't use Spotify or Google Play, I am not picky with file types or quality other than they are at the very least 192kbps, and not Apple format. MP3 is best.
  • You can also just send me the album name and I will find it, but a little help is appreciated.
  • Until the final round, please keep the album length under 1 hour (60 minutes). It is fine if it's a few seconds over, but please don't send me an Ayreon-length album. EDIT: No time limit after elimination round, but double albums are forbidden.

-=-=-=-=-=-
The Rounds
-=-=-=-=-=-

(will edit with links upon each round's conclusion)

-=-=-=-=-=-
Helpful Links
-=-=-=-=-=-

« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 07:59:10 PM by Kattoelox »
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
-=-=-=-=-=-
Musical Taste
-=-=-=-=-=-

I worked my way backwards - I got into power metal before classic rock and heavy metal, so there are lots of big artists missing from my collection. I’m not a big fan of shoehorning bands into genres, so I’m going to try to explain my tastes as best I can. I apologize this is so long and splits hairs. Don’t be afraid to ask questions to clear something up. I can’t keep up with all this dreampop neo-artwave turbogrind subgenre madness. Rock and metal get big sections of their own due to said madness.

Rock

I’m going to break this down as best I can. Honestly, I am not looking for much rock music - your best bet is in the ‘Classic/70s,’ ‘Post-rock,’ and ‘Other’ sections. Anything else is playing with fire.

60s on back: I don’t really know anything from this era of music. I know The Beatles’ biggest hits, early Zeppelin and Cat Stevens, that’s about it. 60s music doesn’t really speak to me, so choose carefully if you’re thinking about sending Beach Boys. All I know is that when I was a baby, I loved Kokomo.

What I like: I don’t know.

What I dislike: I don’t know.

What I’m interested in: Anything that will shed light onto 60s rock, maybe some bands that have become forgotten over the decades.

Classic/70s/Blues rock: This really is a crapshoot, unfortunately, without much consistency. I don’t like guitar-only bands – get a keyboardist in there, please – but they absolutely can’t overdo it with the corny 70s synth or Hammond organ sounds for me to like them. I hate songs about how great it is to rock, or songs about hot women and how they need some love, or Stevie Ray Vaughn-style blues rock in general. Basically, stick to the ‘interested in hearing’ list unless you like to live dangerously.

What I like: Led Zeppelin, Rush, early Toto, Neil Young's Harvest album, Bon Scott ACDC, various radio hits by ‘liked’ bands listed below …

What I dislike: Ted Nugent, The Eagles, BTO, Bon Jovi, Bad Company, Joe Walsh, Supertramp, KISS, The Clash, The Police, The Who, Stevie Ray Vaughn, many others along those lines

What I’m interested in hearing: Queen, The Rolling Stones, Fleetwood Mac, The Doors, Chicago, Emerson Lake Palmer, Crosby Stills Nash, Steely Dan, possibly CCR and Lynyrd Skynyrd – just to scratch the surface

80 Rock/Hair Metal/etc.: You’re playing with fire here. I cut my teeth on 80s rock so I know what I like and don’t like, and for the most part, I can’t stand any of it as an adult. If it’s modern 80s-sounding rock like Eclipse then I’m game, but still, be careful.

What I like: Asia, Guns N’ Roses, Toto, Motley Crue’s hits, some early Van Halen, that’s about it

What I dislike: Cinderella, Tesla, John Payne’s Asia, Thin Lizzy, Cheap Trick, Joan Jett, Warrant, Poison, Winger, Def Leppard, Whitesnake, Quiet Riot, Twisted Sister

90s/2000s Rock – Grunge, Alternative, Garage Rock, etc.:  I cannot stand these genres or eras of rock. I don’t know what happened after the 80s, but something got in the water and fucked everything up. I really, really don’t like them, so please don’t send them to me unless you’re truly confident it’s going to be that diamond in the rough, so to speak.

What I like: Alice in Chains, The Black Keys, Arctic Monkeys (A.M. only, haven’t heard anything else)

What I dislike: The Offspring, anything with Chris Cornell on it, Smashing Pumpkins, Nine Inch Nails, Trapt, Staind, Static X, Sublime, Blink-182, Jimmy Eat World, The Presidents of the United States, Weezer, Lifehouse, Linkin Park, Local H, Royal Blood, Highly Suspect, etc.

Prog rock: I'm really interested in exploring prog rock regardless of the decade. King Crimson is good, but hard to get into for this since they aren't on Spotify. Van der Graaf Generator, Camel, Jethro Tull, Yes, non-famous eras of Pink Floyd are classic artists I'd like to explore, but also bands like Spock's Beard, The Flower Kings, The Dear Hunter, Haken... take me away. This is a very good genre to pick albums from especially since so many old bands focused on 'the album experience.'

Post-Rock: I really enjoy post-rock but could use with some new bands since I haven’t really heard anything I dislike in this genre. I enjoy the ebb and flow of Explosions In The Sky, the electronic sound of God Is An Astronaut, and the haunting atmosphere of GY!BE – but I could use more.

What I like: Explosions In The Sky, God Is An Astronaut, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Sigur Ros, ef, This Will Destroy You, Mogwai

Others: Randy Newman. I’ve heard it described as ‘baroque pop’ – give me more of that, the rock music that blends various styles and sounds of classical music or film score work. Kings of Leon is a modern band that I greatly enjoy who has floored me with every album they’ve released, and yet I can’t seem to find another band like them. Giving me something along these lines would be an easy way to please me.

Metal

Sigh. I’ve listened to metal my whole life and pretty much know what I like and dislike, and I’m really not interested in discovering new metal. Modern metal tries way too hard to do way too many things and I’m so sick of every band having to use growls in one way or another. If you send me metal, you’d do well to send prog - it’s the only subgenre I’m still interested in exploring.

Old-school metal: I don’t really have a definition for this - classic metal bands, I guess. This is similar to a lot of old rock bands in that older metal bands didn’t use keyboardists much, if at all, and so I find it very hard to stay interested in it when guitars are taking 100% of the action.

Old school bands I enjoy: Testament, Iron Maiden, first half of Megadeth’s career, very early Metallica, Death, Saxon, Exodus

Old school bands I do not enjoy: Motorhead, Slayer, Anthrax, Suicidal Tendencies, Korn, Rammstein, etc.

Power metal: I know everything I need to know about power metal, it’s my bread and butter, it shaped the foundation of my musical life. I don’t want or need any more in this genre, please don’t send me anything here unless it’s a truly revolutionary album - it’s highly likely I’ve already heard it anyway.

What I love: Stratovarius, Rhapsody, Sonata Arctica, Dragonforce, Cellador, Blind Guardian, Helloween, Iced Earth, Angra, Avantasia, Edguy, Kamelot, Power Quest, Cain’s Offering

What I loathe: gimmick acts like Gloryhammer, Twilight Force, and Alestorm; bands that try way too hard to blend multiple styles like Amaranthe; bands that blend growling and screaming with clean singing; bands that are carbon copies of Stratovarius; people aping Avantasia with their own terrible metal operas

Symphonic metal: I like symphonic metal that sounds like it was written by people with actual skill at orchestral arrangements or writing film scores, to the point that the metal actually takes a backseat so it serves the song rather than creates the foundation. I do not like symphonic metal that is your generic death/power metal with six hundred layers of generic strings and a 40-piece choir chanting generic and probably incorrect Latin.

What I like: certain periods of Nightwish, Fairyland, Aquaria, Rhapsody of Fire, Luca Turilli’s Rhapsody, early Avantasia, late-era Blind Guardian, Orphaned Land

What I dislike: Epica, Wintersun, anything that feels like traditional power metal tossed over a layer of generic choir chanting and symphonic tracks, anything that sounds like a pisstake of Rhapsody

Alt, Death, Thrash, Black, Grind, Core, Nu: I cannot stand any of these genres, I politely request that you not send them to me. Growling/screaming is tolerable in certain power and prog metal situations, but that’s about it. If you send me anything with growls, I prefer it be like Devin Townsend Project, or Kardashev’s “Between Sea and Sky” where there are surreal growls under a shimmering layer of synths and slow guitars but extremely fast drums.

Prog metal: There’s so much I haven’t listened to in this genre. Opeth, Dream Theater, later-era Symphony X and Angra, Voyager, Ayreon, these are some of my favorites, but I’ve also heard a lot of prog metal I dislike (BTBAM makes me want to vomit). It’s a crapshoot – send at your own risk. The new Orphaned Land was an impulse buy and instantly made me a fan, so the bar is very high, but try to keep the growling to a minimum.

Opeth: Because ya’ll love to debate Opeth. Pale Communion, Sorceress, Damnation, and Watershed are monumentally better than the rest of their catalogue. If you know of something like these albums, send them to me. If they’re like Still Life and MYAH, keep it away.

Other Genres

New Age: I am a massive Enya fan, and I also like Yanni and David Arkenstone. Beyond that I don’t know much. I enjoy lots of synth pads and shimmering, raindrop-like keyboard effects that invoke the feeling of tranquility and serenity. Basically, if it’s like Enya, I should like it.

Electronica: I briefly enjoyed dubstep for a time but don’t really like it these days. Dance/techno type stuff like Armin van Buuren is cool, but I’ve never known how to look into these artists because they don’t ever seem to release in the typical ‘album’ cycle that almost every other genre does. My favorite artist in this realm is Tycho; “Awake” is one of my most-played albums and my go-to for whenever I want to chill, shower, do household chores, or even work out. I also like Emancipator. Other than that, clueless, and while I’m not really looking for more, I’m open to it.

Rap: I really, really like Eminem and Kendrick Lamar because I enjoy the sound of their voices and their masterful control of lyrics, wordplay, and rhythm, but there’s not much in this genre that calls to me. Feel free to have fun with this, because while I’m not interested in club music, triphop, trap, etc. I know there’s good stuff and legends of the genre I haven’t heard.

Bluegrass/Country/Americana/Soft rock/etc.: This modern Chevy-ad country can take a hike, but when I hear old school, genuine country, I like it. The only album I’m familiar with is Kenny Rogers’ “The Gambler” and I love it. And that one song “Wildfire.” I love Robert Plant’s album “Raising Sand” with Alison Krauss, and Zooey Deschanel’s oldie-time sounding group She & Him. I don’t know anything about bluegrass – does Fleet Foxes count? I really enjoy them.

Pop: Florence + The Machine. Katy Perry. Lady Gaga. I may not like all their work, but I consider myself a fan, particularly of Florence. I’m not sure if Kimbra counts as pop, but I do enjoy her, although sometimes her vocal style borders rapping a bit more than I’m comfortable with, it sounds like she’s trying too hard. Overall not a big pop fan outside of those names but I’m game for women with killer voices. I don’t like Ed Sheeran.

Indie: I have no idea what the hell ‘indie music’ means anymore. I don’t really know anything in my collection that counts as this. I enjoy Elliott Smith, who I just found, and I’m gaga for Monica Heldal and her album “Boy From The North.” Bon Iver has that song Holocene which is lovely. I don’t know what else really fits here. MGMT? Foster the People? Alt-j? I’m not really into them, but someone with killer acoustic guitar skills and a nice voice, that’s what I like. I also love Zooey Deschanel’s indie outfit called She & Him.

Ska: I do not like ska from what I’ve heard, but I can’t say I’ve ever heard a ska album. Feel free to change my mind.

Punk: I’ve never willingly listened to punk music, so I’m not at all familiar with it. I can’t say I love it, but I’ve tolerated it more than ska, so you’re more than welcome to introduce me to something.

Jazz: I don't like traditional jazz. I like smooth jazz, or acid jazz, pick your poison, that's what I enjoy. Incognito and Urban Knights are two artists I really enjoy in these styles. I'm not really a Miles Davis or Herbie Hancock kind of guy, although I've played some of their pieces in jazz bands before. If you have stuff like Dolphin Dance, I'm down for that...

Classical music: Not for this roulette, but my classical tastes bleed over into music such as symphonic metal. I greatly enjoy Beethoven, Brahms, Chopin, Strauss, Wagner – I tend to prefer the romantic era. I also greatly enjoy world music, Gregorian chants, and ancient music (literally ancient, as in the Greeks, for example).

Film scores: Not for this roulette, again. Thomas Newman, Howard Shore, I really like their work. John Williams is fantastic. Hans Zimmer is pretty good although sometimes he goes overboard. I don’t know many names outside of them.

Video game soundtracks: Also not for this roulette. The soundtracks to 8-bit and 16-bit games shaped my love for synthesizers and synth lead tones. Nintendo soundtracks particularly have profoundly impacted my musical development – see Snowboard Kids, Golden Sun, Donkey Kong Country, Zelda, Mario, Pokemon. Motoi Sakuraba, Nobuo Uematsu, Yasunori Mitsuda, Koji Kondo, among others, are noteworthy composers to me.

-=-=-=-=-=-
Banned Artists
-=-=-=-=-=-

Any artist listed here is ineligible for submission. It doesn't cover everything, but it's a quick reference.

Adrenaline Mob
Agalloch
Alestorm
Allman Brothers Band
Amon Amarth
Anathema
Angra
Animals As Leaders
Aquaria
Árstíðir
Ascendia
Asia
Avantasia
Axenstar
Ayreon
Bal-Sagoth
Bent Knee
Between the Buried and Me
Beyond the Bridge
Bittencourt Project
Blind Guardian
Brand New
Cain's Offering
Caligula's Horse
Caspian
Cat Stevens
Cellador
Celtic Frost
Children of Bodom
Coheed and Cambria
Dark Moor
David Arkenstone
David Gilmour
Dec Burke
Delain
Demons & Wizards
Devin Townsend + related projects
DGM
Dimension Act
Dire Straits
Disturbed
DJ Tiesto
Dragonforce + related projects
Dragonland
Dream Theater + related projects
Dredg
Echoes
Eden's Curse
Edguy
Elvenking
Emancipator
Emerson, Lake & Palmer
Eminem
Emperor
Ensiferum
Enya
Epica
Evership
Explosions in the Sky
Fair To Midland
Fairyland
Fates Warning
Finntroll
Fishmans
Five Finger Death Punch
Florence + The Machine
Flying Colors
Foster the People
Frank Turner
Gamma Ray
Genesis
Ghost
God is an Astronaut
Guns N' Roses + related projects
Haken
Helloween + related projects
Huntsmen
Iced Earth + related projects
Iron Maiden + related projects
IQ
James LaBrie
Jeff Buckley
Joe Satriani
Jordan Rudess
Jorn Lande
Journey
Kamelot + related projects
Karmakanic
Karnivool
Katatonia
Kendrick Lamar
Kepler Ten
(The Reign of) Kindo
Kings of Leon
Korn
Kotipelto
Kris Kristofferson
Led Zeppelin
Leprous
Levin Minnemann Rudess
Luca Turilli
Marillion
Markéta Irglová
Mark Knopfler
Masterplan (power metal)
Meat Loaf
Mechanical Poet
Megadeth
Metallica
Mew
MGMT
Mike Oldfield
Moon Safari
Moonsorrow
Myrath
Mystery
Naglfar
Need
Nils Frahm
Randy Newman
Nightwish + related projects
Norah Jones
Obscura
Oceansize
Ólafur Arnalds
Opeth
Orphaned Land
Ostura
Pain of Salvation
Periphery
Petter Carlsen
Phideaux
Pink Floyd
Porcupine Tree
Power Quest
Primal Fear
Queen
Queensryche
Radiohead
Rainbow
Redemption
Rhapsody (of Fire) + any and all related projects
Riverside
Rush
Secret Sphere
Shadow Gallery
She & Him
Sieges Even
Sigur Rós
Silversun Pickups
Sleep Party People
Snarky Puppy
Soen
Solefald
Sonata Arctica
Sons of Apollo
Sons of Seasons
Steven Wilson
Stratovarius + all related projects including Timo Tolkki's
Sufjan Stevens
Symphony X
Symphorce
Testament
Thank You Scientist
The Black Keys
The Antlers
The Clash
The Cure
The Dear Hunter
The Joy Formidable
The Offspring
The River Empires
The Who
Thy Catafalgue
Tom Waits
Tool
Toto
Tycho
Type O Negative
Unisonic
Vanden Plas
Van Halen
Von Hertzen Brothers
Voyager
Warmen
Wetton/Downes
Winery Dogs
Wintersun
Wolfmother
Wuthering Heights
Yanni
Yes
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 10:35:41 AM by Kattoelox »
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Okay, folks. I'm working on a preliminary list of banned artists - expect that this evening - but I hope if you skim the post on preferences you'll have an idea of what to send. Feel free to send me your submissions in the meantime, hopefully nobody will pick something I have banned. We'll figure out a timeframe for the first round's results after I have everyone's submission. I have a headache to kill, so bear with me.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
First.

90s/2000s Rock – Grunge, Alternative, Garage Rock, etc.:  I cannot stand these genres or eras of rock.

My man!  :hifive:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Damn, was seeking some sweet revenge for the power metal round but seems all places have been taken :P

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Damn, was seeking some sweet revenge for the power metal round but seems all places have been taken :P

I think I can squeeze just one more person in if you want, Sacul. You have an interesting, dare I say eclectic taste in music, and I'd like to see what you have to offer.

EDIT: Put up a partial banned list, need to go sleep off a headache. Hope I covered all the bases... If more people want to join then I will expand the participation count, the first round will be elimination (and therefore last longer), and we'll go from there. I'll check later.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 06:16:33 PM by Kattoelox »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

My man!  :hifive:

What an ass kisser!

Seems I missed the signup.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Seems I missed the signup.

Ahh not too late. You can still sign up, I'll just have a preliminary elimination round with everyone involved so this remains manageable!

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
Based on your comments on Randy Newman and Baroque Pop, I'm almost tempted to send you Scott Walker's The Drift. But that may be a little risky for an album roulette.

Are you doing eliminations each round?
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Based on your comments on Randy Newman and Baroque Pop, I'm almost tempted to send you Scott Walker's The Drift. But that may be a little risky for an album roulette.

Nope. Only at the start, if Sacul, TAC and others want in, then I'll pare it down to 8 again.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I'm good. I'll follow. I don't want J Boy to cry when he gets eliminated right out of the gate.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

• DTF.org Member

Nope. Only at the start, if Sacul, TAC and others want in, then I'll pare it down to 8 again.
Hmm, well I definitely wont send it if you do a preliminary elimination round...but maybe at some point.....
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Actually, you know what..I'm IN!

Even though you hate Tesla. How does anyone hate Tesla?

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
COOL! We got ourselves an elimination match in the works. Okay for real I gotta nap now  :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
oh man i'm probably gonna get cut in prelims, fun  :corn

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
"pisstake of Rhapsody" is a phrase of redundancy.

Actually, you know what..I'm IN!

Good, another roulette I can kick your ass in.

Even though you hate Tesla. How does anyone hate Tesla?

I wonder the same about Winger!?!
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
I'm in, ready to get cut  :metal

Was actually listening to that album last night, you should definitely send it :neverusethis:

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Got room for one more?

Offline Tomislav95

Got room for two more?
But I'm really ok with it if you don't. 13 albums is a lot :tup
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Yea, I really should've signed up for this too. An album roulette is something I want to actually get in on  :lol

Offline Lethean

Are you serious about this 60 minute limit? Can't you push it to 70, or at least 65? :)

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
let me go write up a dissertation on why 45-50 minutes is the optimal album length
that being said i really dunno how many albums i have for this roulette regardless, haha

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Sent. 57 minutes.

Offline Lethean

Maybe I'm spoiled by DT, but 45 minutes feels short to me. :)  I'm not planning on giving Firewings a bunch of 80 minute albums, but there are a lot that are over 60.

Firewings - not even Omni would qualify for this roulette...

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Well so much for sleeping.  :lol

Everyone who wants to participate can, and I'll add you all to the list - just send me something within the next day or so. Just be prepared for a merciless elimination after round 1. I initially cut off sign-ups at 8 so no one would have to feel bad about being eliminated, but this is cool.

I'll cut signups off after tonight just so I can manage all this. Since this is a long round, expect writeups sometime next week, it may even be towards the end, just depends on how much listening I get done this week and weekend. I have 4 submissions so far.

Also, Lethean - I had to cut the time limit somewhere, and 60 is pretty good considering all the people in the first round. I will allow wiggle room by allowing intro/outro tracks and bonus tracks to not count, but that's as lenient as I'll go.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Ooh, can I play? I'm sure I expressed interest in the roulette tracker thread!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!

Baby in one hand, roulette in the other?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
I thought I was forgetting someone. You're in! Also LOL king  :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Baby in one hand, roulette in the other?

:rollin :rollin

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

You sure? I guess I can play and still mock everyone!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

• DTF.org Member

You sure? I guess I can play and still mock everyone!
That's the spirit!
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
I will send tomorrow night!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
WTF?? You might not live that long!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
WTF?? You might not live that long!

My liver mocks you Tim

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Sent the best album I own that fits the time constraints  :metal