Poll

EP round for Round 9?

Give it to me baby!
8 (61.5%)
Get back witch!
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Puppies_On_Acid's Gentlemen's Roulette! Epilogue  (Read 80920 times)

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
No, because I honestly believe that song is way better than 6/10, even though it’s not really ‘epic’ for this round.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
i haven't listened to it i'm just memeing

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
I just realized which epic I could've sent, that would've probably earned me more than last place in this round. Oh well, I'll use it in the EP round maybe.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
That's kind of disappointing in this round even though it's an 8/10 :lol oh well, still pretty close to #1 unless I keep screwing up.

Sent meme metal
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Tomislav95

Wow, I did not expect 9.5 :lol Great to be first :tup
Don't know what to send for the next round, need to check my library...
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
My journey down the standing continues - and now here come my two weakest rounds  ;D

Spending something for the speed round this evening - I reckon it has the chance to be the lowest scoring song so far.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
I have no idea what to send in the speed round, but I'm listening to the first draft of my EP and I love it already. You can certainly expect a huge pretentious writeup from me.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
I'm really kicking myself for that Roswell Six submission now. 

Say, I know you said that any "classic rock" song is instantly banned, how about 80s hair/glam metal acts?  Those banned too?  I mean, they are classic.   :biggrin:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Nice. I'll take that. Lor's Eidolon is a Top 5 track from last year for me.

Sent something fast and  :metal
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Guess I need to check that out.

BTW Puppies, and just so that I get a chance to have TAC accuse me of being a kiss-ass, I like that you do a bit of research into the bands while listening/writing up.  There's certainly nothing wrong with ONLY listening to the music, but I get a chuckle when some hosts don't know the first thing about the band or album.  I once sent a song that had 3 female and 4 male vocalists, and (I forget who the host was), the comment of 'the male singer' and 'the female singer' got a bit of a giggle from me.

Sampling today... will send tonight/tomorrow - after I get an answer to my query.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
I'm one point ahead of you, jingle boy. Best make it a good one  :biggrin:
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

It's on Spotify, Chad. the album is called In Forgotten Sleep. The vocals are just OK, but consistent, and fit the album well. A few long songs, but they merge different styles. I love the album.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Alright, I mean, it's a crime not to send cheesy power metal in the speed round. Here we go...

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
after I get an answer to my queery.

Yes, you are queer. There's your answer. ;D

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni

Have you sent something Kiske-fronted for this round? Because I just did.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Eagle Fly Free? I considered it.

Went with something else. You'll definitely recognize it.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Eagle Fly Free? I considered it.

Went with something else. You'll definitely recognize it.

Sent you a PM so I don't completely spoil hangman for other people. :biggrin:

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
If it's not a Kiske-fronted Avantasia track like Wastelands, Where Clock Hands Freeze, or Shelter From The Rain, you chose wrong.

Do I send the fastest stuff I know or stuff that is slightly less fast but way cooler? Decisions decisions.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son

BTW Puppies, and just so that I get a chance to have TAC accuse me of being a kiss-ass, I like that you do a bit of research into the bands while listening/writing up.  There's certainly nothing wrong with ONLY listening to the music, but I get a chuckle when some hosts don't know the first thing about the band or album.  I once sent a song that had 3 female and 4 male vocalists, and (I forget who the host was), the comment of 'the male singer' and 'the female singer' got a bit of a giggle from me.

Sampling today... will send tonight/tomorrow - after I get an answer to my query.
I love doing research in to the bands I'm listening to, I'm a huge music nerd. To answer your other question about 80's hair/glam metal, I thought about putting a hard ban on that as well because I know most of that stuff too and it comes close to being classic rock at this point. Most of the popular bands of that era I know front to back as well as quite a few of the less popular bands. I would say send me a PM and I'll make a ruling on it. Just don't be surprised if I ban it.
No, because I honestly believe that song is way better than 6/10, even though it’s not really ‘epic’ for this round.
I tell you what, if I have some extra time this weekend I'll do a proper writeup for it. Maybe for SRO as well  :biggrin:
If it's not a Kiske-fronted Avantasia track like Wastelands, Where Clock Hands Freeze, or Shelter From The Rain, you chose wrong.

Do I send the fastest stuff I know or stuff that is slightly less fast but way cooler? Decisions decisions.
But Avantasia is now banned for the duration of the roulette.  :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
I would send Avantasia every round, if that was up to me, but yeah, it's banned after The Scarecrow unfortunately.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Oh, right. Hmm.. oh no, not Unisonic, I hope  :lol

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni

Not that it matters, but what's wrong with Unisonic? I have both albums and there are some great songs on both.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni

Not that it matters, but what's wrong with Unisonic? I have both albums and there are some great songs on both.

It's just a really milquetoast, boring album to me, way too lite rock for what I was expecting from Kai Hansen and Michael Kiske (and co.). Never Too Late is the only song I recall enjoying and even that wasn't very compelling. Not my cup of tea but of course I haven't followed them at all since that album.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni

It's just a really milquetoast, boring album to me, way too lite rock for what I was expecting from Kai Hansen and Michael Kiske (and co.). Never Too Late is the only song I recall enjoying and even that wasn't very compelling. Not my cup of tea but of course I haven't followed them at all since that album.

I thought the first half was pretty dull, but I liked My Sanctuary, We Rise and King for a Day. Check out your PMs in a minute.

Offline Tomislav95

Knowing DTF, this is going to be a power metal round :lol
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

You say that like it's a bad thing!  :2metal:  :birch:  (goddamn I'm impressed I remember that emot code)

@ Hippie-pooch... I'll send you a list of potential songs in order of priority - a couple of glam/hair metal, but then if I strike-out there, a surefire "ok" submission.  Fair?

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

And you thought King needed a spelling app.  From this point forth, you will now be known as Vice-admiral Dyslexia.... or VD for short.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Look at jingle trying to court favor by presenting options  :lol I should do that every round!

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
I sent black metal  :metal

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Look at jingle trying to court favor by presenting options  :lol I should do that every round!

Seriously... not this round.  Just trying to minimize PMs.

• DTF.org Member

You say that like it's a bad thing!  :2metal:  :birch:  (goddamn I'm impressed I remember that emot code)

@ Hippie-pooch... I'll send you a list of potential songs in order of priority - a couple of glam/hair metal, but then if I strike-out there, a surefire "ok" submission.  Fair?
Fair enough
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Seriously bro..

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!

And you thought King needed a spelling app.  From this point forth, you will now be known as Vice-admiral Dyslexia.... or VD for short.

WTF is this shit? I get to pick my VP of Misspelling!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Jesus people ... "strike out" in the sense that he rejects the song/band. Not "if you don't like it, take the next song".  Though, that would be a good deal if I could negotiate it.

• DTF.org Member
Re: Puppies_On_Acid's Gentlemen's Roulette! Send for the SPEED ROUND!!
« Reply #909 on: April 21, 2018, 12:10:58 AM »
I've already got 6 songs for the speed round, nice!  :metal :2metal: :metardica:  :xbones :yarr :natalieportman: :|
aka Puppies_On_Acid