Poll

EP round for Round 9?

Give it to me baby!
8 (61.5%)
Get back witch!
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Puppies_On_Acid's Gentlemen's Roulette! Epilogue  (Read 81449 times)

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
Re: Puppies_On_Acid's Gentlemen's Roulette! Heavy Round Results Incoming!
« Reply #1190 on: May 02, 2018, 10:25:21 PM »
my album round submission goes out to you, katt  :metal

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #1191 on: May 03, 2018, 12:24:11 AM »
Evermind tagged his EP mp3 file with the genre of Shower Singing  :rollin
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #1192 on: May 03, 2018, 12:32:21 AM »
Oh boy LOL :facepalm: disagree on the variety aspect, but no accounting for tastes :'(

I will probably be out of the roulette at this rate considering the risk I'm taking with the EP I sent, but I'm sticking with it!
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1193 on: May 03, 2018, 12:33:28 AM »
Train of Naught's Crab Jamboree

also don't feel bad, i also thought hibakusha sucked when i listened to it a while back  :metal

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #1194 on: May 03, 2018, 12:36:46 AM »
But you don't even like Meshuggah to begin with so I wouldn't even consider recommending it to you (I wasn't sure on acid_on_puppies' stance on Meshuggah but probably am now)
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1195 on: May 03, 2018, 12:39:27 AM »
djent suck  :tup
it gets easier and easier to decide that the EP opener i ended up going with was the right choice, picking the black metal tune over the vaguely djenty prog metal tune, yeah

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #1196 on: May 03, 2018, 07:52:27 AM »
Ah well. 

I originally sent 'Old' by Machine Head to Puppies, as I was really struggling to find anything heavy I owned and liked!   After a few minutes from sending that I realised maybe Eluveitie might be just about heavy enough for this round and sent that as a replacement.  Based on the rather lackluster 5.5 score, I reckon I should have stuck with 'Old' afterall - what you guys think?  ???

Oh and sending on EP tomorrow - need to go for broke just to make up points I need to survive the cut.   ;D
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 07:57:49 AM by soupytwist »

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #1197 on: May 03, 2018, 08:02:20 AM »
Lolll I completely forgot about Machine Head, I even put it in my puppies playlist :facepalm: I would have sent Wolves or Halo though

But I also remember wanting to go with something heavier because this round was especially meant to be heavy, so I picked the heaviest band I could find out of my current favourite bands that aren't banned

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1198 on: May 03, 2018, 08:11:25 AM »
I have confidence that you will all pull it together for the EP round and force me to keep you all for the album round  :|
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1199 on: May 03, 2018, 09:08:25 AM »
I sure hope you like cheese of the most pungent varieties, puppers. Going out with a bang :biggrin:
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1200 on: May 03, 2018, 09:20:48 AM »
I made my EP without sparing any thoughts about Puppies' tastes, I just threw in the songs I loved trying to also fit the theme I chose. :biggrin: Combine that with my writeup and I think I will get like 9/20 for the songs and a few points docked for the wall of text I sent.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1201 on: May 03, 2018, 09:27:01 AM »
This is fantastic!  Maybe I do have a chance.  I skipped the writeup, putting my effort into a cool theme, and songs I thought would appeal to the Baked-Beagle.   ;)

Seems like no one else cares as much as I do.   :biggrin:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #1202 on: May 03, 2018, 09:27:50 AM »
I made my EP without sparing any thoughts about Puppies' tastes, I just threw in the songs I loved trying to also fit the theme I chose. :biggrin: Combine that with my writeup and I think I will get like 9/20 for the songs and a few points docked for the wall of text I sent.
This is an extremely accurate description of my EP too

By the way are we doing the biggest hangmanen in history or can we share EPs amongst ourselves? I vote biggest hangmayne in history!!

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1203 on: May 03, 2018, 09:36:59 AM »
I'm all for hangman. I'm going to spoil one song from my EP while we're waiting.

In case anyone was curious, my writeup goes like this (that's for one of the songs, not the whole thing):

Your vision slowly comes back. You find yourself looking at a beautiful, serene village, set at the base of the hill, from a distance. The trees are all green with leaves, and people are lazily walking the streets in the heat, for it is the middle of summer. You look around and see the sea surrounding the island you’re on, murmuring its quiet greetings with the minuscule waves created by a soft wind blowing west. The sun is blazing overhead. The hill you’re standing on turns into a slope as it descends to the village. Looking the opposite way, you see that it ends abruptly, becoming a steep cliff hanging over the welcoming sea. Standing on the edge of the cliff, there are two people, one tall, one is a boy in his adolescent years. There’s a thing that immediately draws your attention—they both have feathered wings attached to their backs.

The tall one places his hand lovingly over the boy’s shoulders and quietly speaks to him, but as the wind blows west, it brings you the words on a gentle breeze:

‘Oh, son, please keep a steady wing. You know you’re the only one that means anything to me, right? Steer clear of the sun, or you’ll find yourself in the sea.’

The boy nods enthusiastically.

‘Well, off we leap, then!’

The man takes the boy by the hand as they both leap down from the cliff, and for a moment you’re sure they will fall and break their bones on the coastal reefs beneath. Yet their wings carry them safely into the freedom of the open air, and as both father and son let out their excited, exultant cries, you’re swept away along with them into the open skies, the kingdom without frontiers and mercy.

The island is away at this point, a distant point at the horizon, and endless plains of sea and sky are stretching beneath and above the three of you. The father stops to determine the direction in which the mainland lies, while the son, excited beyond belief, living the best moments in his life, feeling overwhelmed with a sudden freedom and all-powerful new, amazing ability the wings—meticulously made by his father over the years—granted him, rises up towards the sun, the warnings all forgotten in the spur of this spectacular moment.

The father, jerked out of his train of thought, notices this and begins to fly after the boy, shouting warnings and begging him to turn back. The sun turns its merciless gaze on both of them, and as the older man is unable to reach any further without damaging his wings, his look of awe and pride for both his fearless son and his invention—which miraculously worked and allowed them to flee their island—is replaced by sheer dismay and desperation. You both are unable to turn away from the small, lonely figure flying towards the sun, wings splitting at the seams, feathers burning, wax at the melting point, flying up, up, reaching the highest point of his arc… and then beginning to tumble down, down, towards the welcoming blackness of the vast sea all around him, losing control, spinning, turning, falling, screaming in unison with his father, who is pleading to the gods, eyes widening in disbelief and denial, watching the boy, the jewel of his life, the most sacred person of his life, the treasure of his life, plummeting down to be swallowed by the ever-hungry, ruthless sea.

:lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1204 on: May 03, 2018, 09:55:46 AM »
wow yeah i could never be that pretentious even ironically congrats  :hat

we better be doing hangmeme also this is like the first time in history i've sent an EP with more than 5 songs on it

my EP is a mixture of puppies' tastes and mine but mostly it's a lot of really good music

also rather than hangmanen let's spoil what my very first draft of my EP that I sent puppies looked like, but not spoiling the good parts:

1. ???
2. ???
3. Slugdge - The Spectral Burrows
4. ???
5. ???
6. Subterranean Masquerade - Kippur
7. ???

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1205 on: May 03, 2018, 11:42:28 AM »
*snip - Evermind's novella*

Here was my writeup:

Theme: <Theme>
<list of bands/songs>

I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1206 on: May 03, 2018, 11:49:10 AM »
I mean, the host asked for it, so I delivered the goods. :biggrin:

Okay sent out my updated EP & stupidly pretentious writeup, I'm now 100% set for the rest of the roulette unless one of you jerks snubs me in the next two rounds (which I think is unlikely but what do I know :()
Just so y'all know, I now expect an equally stupidly long and pretentious writeup to go along with each of your EP's when you send them. Just a head up  :biggrin: :corn

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1207 on: May 03, 2018, 12:27:01 PM »
I mean, the host asked for it, so I delivered the goods. :biggrin:

Okay sent out my updated EP & stupidly pretentious writeup, I'm now 100% set for the rest of the roulette unless one of you jerks snubs me in the next two rounds (which I think is unlikely but what do I know :()
Just so y'all know, I now expect an equally stupidly long and pretentious writeup to go along with each of your EP's when you send them. Just a head up  :biggrin: :corn

Either you missed the sarcasm, or I missed that post - or both!

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1208 on: May 03, 2018, 12:37:49 PM »
I like to think that I took that sarcasm in stride and then responded with my own 3k-words version of sarcasm, but in fact, I had so much fun with the writeup that I started to take it seriously after an hour or two I spent on it. I'm genuinely proud of the result, that's got to be one of the most spectacularly foolish things I've ever done on DTF. Still no regrets though. :lol

Regarding the excerpt I posted, that was probably the least pretentious part of my writeup, so there's that.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1209 on: May 03, 2018, 12:52:17 PM »
Wait. That was an exerpt??
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1210 on: May 03, 2018, 12:57:38 PM »
Wait. That was an exerpt??

I'm pretty sure this is also sarcasm, but yeah, that was only for one song! :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1211 on: May 03, 2018, 12:59:04 PM »
tbh i hope that artist ends up on half the EPs this round, ev  :corn

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1212 on: May 03, 2018, 01:00:01 PM »
I like to think that I took that sarcasm in stride and then responded with my own 3k-words version of sarcasm, but in fact, I had so much fun with the writeup that I started to take it seriously after an hour or two I spent on it. I'm genuinely proud of the result, that's got to be one of the most spectacularly foolish things I've ever done on DTF. Still no regrets though. :lol

Regarding the excerpt I posted, that was probably the least pretentious part of my writeup, so there's that.

Was the boy a ... 

wait for it.....

little bit more .....

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1213 on: May 03, 2018, 01:05:20 PM »
^

:lolpalm:

tbh i hope that artist ends up on half the EPs this round, ev  :corn

I hope so too, because people will have a difficult time beating this song.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1214 on: May 03, 2018, 01:05:53 PM »
i already did, but, alright

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1215 on: May 03, 2018, 01:08:30 PM »
Well even if you did, my writeup will surely give me some bonus points. :rollin

Seriously though, if you sent the same artist, share the song via PM if you want to.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1216 on: May 03, 2018, 06:21:22 PM »
I wrote nothing nearly as cheesy as all of you.

I saved my cheese for the music.  :hat
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1217 on: May 03, 2018, 07:43:16 PM »
There will be an epic hangman! I'm still waiting for a couple EPs
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1218 on: May 03, 2018, 07:49:19 PM »
You should give us the E and P for starters.

get it? EP??  ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1219 on: May 03, 2018, 07:54:59 PM »
I am eagerly awaiting this hangmango

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1220 on: May 03, 2018, 08:07:22 PM »
give me the hanging d

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1222 on: May 03, 2018, 08:56:05 PM »

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1223 on: May 03, 2018, 11:26:29 PM »

That's an old SRO album cover, but a good one.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #1224 on: May 04, 2018, 01:16:43 AM »
Where Owls Know My Cactus, love that album