Poll

EP round for Round 9?

Give it to me baby!
8 (61.5%)
Get back witch!
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Puppies_On_Acid's Gentlemen's Roulette! Epilogue  (Read 81425 times)

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Puppies_On_Acid's Gentlemen's Roulette! Speed Round Results Incoming
« Reply #1050 on: April 27, 2018, 09:18:58 AM »
Just noticed that Evermind and myself are tied currently for that 3rd 'cut' spot. Gulp. Good luck Evermind (and me) :)

I sent death metal so I'm probably going to be eliminated. :lol Thank you though, and good luck to you too.

I sent thrash. It's a battle of brutality :2metal:

I would offer you to exchange songs in PM, but knowing how you basically hate growls and screams (is that right?), and my song has no cleans at all, I don't think you would enjoy my song at all.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Re: Puppies_On_Acid's Gentlemen's Roulette! Speed Round Results Incoming
« Reply #1051 on: April 27, 2018, 09:20:42 AM »
Just noticed that Evermind and myself are tied currently for that 3rd 'cut' spot. Gulp. Good luck Evermind (and me) :)

I sent death metal so I'm probably going to be eliminated. :lol Thank you though, and good luck to you too.

I sent thrash. It's a battle of brutality :2metal:

I would offer you to exchange songs in PM, but knowing how you basically hate growls and screams (is that right?), and my song has no cleans at all, I don't think you would enjoy my song at all.

I do, but I enjoy some older stuff I grew up with, hence sending Naglfar  :lol Mine doesn't really have cleans either... technically.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
Re: Puppies_On_Acid's Gentlemen's Roulette! Send for the HEAVY Round!
« Reply #1052 on: April 27, 2018, 03:38:04 PM »
I have 7 songs in for the Heavy Round now. Just need 2 more.

Also, as a reminder, hopefully everyone is already putting together themes and a tracklist for the EP round. I have 2 EP's submitted so far. 1 of them had to make a couple changes already. Just to kind of expedite things so there isn't a delay in starting the the EP round, maybe those that haven't submitted anything for the EP round yet can get a tracklist to me as soon as possible, that way I can make sure there are no duplicate songs or nothing that I missed on my banned list.  :tup
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1053 on: April 27, 2018, 10:28:18 PM »
I have 7 songs in for the Heavy Round now. Just need 2 more.

Also, as a reminder, hopefully everyone is already putting together themes and a tracklist for the EP round. I have 2 EP's submitted so far. 1 of them had to make a couple changes already. Just to kind of expedite things so there isn't a delay in starting the the EP round, maybe those that haven't submitted anything for the EP round yet can get a tracklist to me as soon as possible, that way I can make sure there are no duplicate songs or nothing that I missed on my banned list.  :tup
Don't forget about the EP round!

Just need songs from Soupy and Home for the heavy round.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #1054 on: April 28, 2018, 02:56:15 AM »
How much pressure is there on the EP? I have a (quite odd considering your tastes) idea for an EP but I'm in Spain for the weekend, away from my computer pretty much the entire time. Hope the rush isn't that big, but I tend to be quick with making EPs so it shouldn't be a problem for me to have it ready on Monday/Tuesday
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1055 on: April 28, 2018, 08:58:49 AM »
I am much excite for EP round :neverusethis:
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1056 on: April 28, 2018, 09:02:08 AM »
I can't quite work on my EP and writeup now because, well, I'd like to know my score for this round before I finish my EP. If I get something like home got in the previous round, I may take some risks. I also kinda need the score to judge if I should include more songs like these or if I should avoid this genre.

I mean, it's your decision as a host, and I already have some ideas and possible drafts of my EP, and I'll be fine with whatever you decide to do, but I think a slightly wider timeframe for sending entries should be set for this round.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1057 on: April 28, 2018, 09:25:43 AM »
Sent mine already.  Spent last weekend fleshing out my ideas, and I doubt any of the submitted songs from this round, or any of the players that have already submitted their EP would use the bands I did.  I didn't bother checking each band on your RYM, just against the banned list.  Hopefully they're all good-to-go.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1058 on: April 28, 2018, 09:38:07 AM »
Sent mine already.  Spent last weekend fleshing out my ideas, and I doubt any of the submitted songs from this round, or any of the players that have already submitted their EP would use the bands I did.  I didn't bother checking each band on your RYM, just against the banned list.  Hopefully they're all good-to-go.

I sent a list of ten (I think?) potential bands I'd like to send, and I think if they're all allowed I may go ahead and put something together this evening and send it in advance too, maybe. I'm not sure. :)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1059 on: April 28, 2018, 09:40:47 AM »
Sent mine already.  Spent last weekend fleshing out my ideas, and I doubt any of the submitted songs from this round, or any of the players that have already submitted their EP would use the bands I did.  I didn't bother checking each band on your RYM, just against the banned list. Hopefully they're all good-to-go.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Shame.  :biggrin:

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1060 on: April 28, 2018, 10:48:33 AM »
  I doubt any of the submitted songs from this round, or any of the players that have already submitted their EP would use the bands I did.   

That's for sure! :neverusethis:
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1061 on: April 28, 2018, 11:02:05 AM »
How much pressure is there on the EP? I have a (quite odd considering your tastes) idea for an EP but I'm in Spain for the weekend, away from my computer pretty much the entire time. Hope the rush isn't that big, but I tend to be quick with making EPs so it shouldn't be a problem for me to have it ready on Monday/Tuesday
No huge rush, just want to make you all aware that it's coming up and it may take a bit more time to put something together.
I am much excite for EP round :neverusethis:
Easy there Borat  :biggrin:
I can't quite work on my EP and writeup now because, well, I'd like to know my score for this round before I finish my EP. If I get something like home got in the previous round, I may take some risks. I also kinda need the score to judge if I should include more songs like these or if I should avoid this genre.

I mean, it's your decision as a host, and I already have some ideas and possible drafts of my EP, and I'll be fine with whatever you decide to do, but I think a slightly wider timeframe for sending entries should be set for this round.
There will be a wider time frame. These are just reminders that it's coming up. So no worries. If you want to wait til you get scores for this round, that's fine. I understand.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1062 on: April 28, 2018, 11:07:34 AM »
In fact, I decided that if the bands I sent you via PM are allowed, I'll send either in a few hours or tomorrow.

Also, I'm not sure how pretentious was Parama's writeup, but mine is going to be like 13/10 on a pretentiousness (is that a word?) scale, seriously.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1063 on: April 28, 2018, 11:12:32 AM »
In fact, I decided that if the bands I sent you via PM are allowed, I'll send either in a few hours or tomorrow.

Also, I'm not sure how pretentious was Parama's writeup, but mine is going to be like 13/10 on a pretentiousness (is that a word?) scale, seriously.
Well, he called it "intentionally super pretentious" so......  :rollin
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #1064 on: April 28, 2018, 11:13:08 AM »
i forced a bunch of unrelated songs into a stupid/forced concept that only barely works and pretended that was the theme of the album so i could just sent a bunch of songs i really like :neverusethis:

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1065 on: April 28, 2018, 11:16:28 AM »
i forced a bunch of unrelated songs into a stupid/forced concept that only barely works and pretended that was the theme of the album so i could just sent a bunch of songs i really like :neverusethis:

I'm kinda doing the same. I'd love to compare our writeups afterwards. :lol

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1066 on: April 28, 2018, 11:20:58 AM »
I haven't listened to any of the EP's that I have received yet. So it may or may not work.  :corn

On another note. I do have 3 EP's submitted so far, although Jingle is going to need to swap a song. On that note, I need to apologize to all the participants for not making my banned list thorough enough  :facepalm:. I thought checking my RYM page would be easier than typing out all of them. Oh well, for my next roulette (whenever that will be) there will be a much longer, more thorough, banned list.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1067 on: April 28, 2018, 11:32:05 AM »
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
In regards to the EP round. I've been asked by PM about editing the songs with fade outs or crossfades, etc. to make the transitions work better. You are all welcome to do that. One of the EP's I've received so far was edited in to a single mp3 file, so feel free to let your imagination run wild. Just either let me know where the transitions take place (via timestamps) or send the individual songs with you ep so I can figure it out, because I will be rating the songs individually as well as the EP as a whole.

this public service announcement was brought to you by the letter q...
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1068 on: April 28, 2018, 11:35:37 AM »
The EP round is giving me a rash because Rhapsody is banned and I want to include them so badly.  :lol This is going to be so fun.

EDIT: Transitions! Yes! I am definitely going to work up something cool...

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1069 on: April 28, 2018, 11:39:15 AM »
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
In regards to the EP round. I've been asked by PM about editing the songs with fade outs or crossfades, etc. to make the transitions work better. You are all welcome to do that. One of the EP's I've received so far was edited in to a single mp3 file, so feel free to let your imagination run wild. Just either let me know where the transitions take place (via timestamps) or send the individual songs with you ep so I can figure it out, because I will be rating the songs individually as well as the EP as a whole.

this public service announcement was brought to you by the letter q...
Also note, editing the songs is not a requirement. Just letting y'all know what others have done... :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1070 on: April 28, 2018, 12:28:28 PM »
As far as writeups go, I'll let my music do the talking.  I don't need to "sell" it.   ;D
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1071 on: April 28, 2018, 01:15:16 PM »
As far as writeups go, I'll let my music do the talking.  I don't need to "sell" it.   ;D

The first song blows.

The second song really isn't that great either.

Skip the third song

Is it almost over?

Done, thank God.

Yeah, J Boy, your writeups probably aren't necessary.  :P
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1072 on: April 28, 2018, 01:19:38 PM »
:rollin

I don't know what Parama wrote (but I would like to know), but my writeup for my EP don't sell the songs at all. I'm having a lot of fun doing it though, I'm at 2.5k words already.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1074 on: April 28, 2018, 01:25:04 PM »
Given the quality of TA and the quality of the songs I'm sending, I think my writeup may even be better than the novel!

(btw, I know you like TA a lot, so this is meant as a light-hearted joke)

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1075 on: April 28, 2018, 01:58:30 PM »
The writeup I did for Slugdge was just the  :metal emote basically

I had to write a new one for the song I replaced it with tho

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1076 on: April 28, 2018, 02:06:39 PM »
The writeup I did for Slugdge was just the  :metal emote basically

That sounds... not pretentious at all, to be honest.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1077 on: April 28, 2018, 02:18:57 PM »
That was the only one that was short

And tbh puppies is exaggerating, i only said the title of the EP was super pretentious :P

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1078 on: April 28, 2018, 02:22:17 PM »
In the spirit of fun I'm going to be cocky as hell and say that if a certain artist isn't banned I have this EP round on lock. It'll be the maraschino cherry on the delicious sundae that is my EP.  :hat

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1079 on: April 28, 2018, 02:24:26 PM »
I mean, I have the same kind of artist in mine, one which even Parama likes. Was really surprised that it was even allowed.

My other songs could score pretty low though. :biggrin:

That was the only one that was short

And tbh puppies is exaggerating, i only said the title of the EP was super pretentious :P

He's in for a surprise then. Literally everything about my writeup is super pretentious. :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1080 on: April 28, 2018, 02:31:45 PM »
My artist could beat up your artist!  :lol

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1081 on: April 28, 2018, 02:50:09 PM »
 :rollin
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1082 on: April 28, 2018, 03:02:15 PM »
Glad I inspired a pretentiousness-off with y'all

• DTF.org Member
Re: Puppies_On_Acid's Gentlemen's Roulette! HangHEAVY!
« Reply #1083 on: April 28, 2018, 06:37:47 PM »
It's time for hankypanky  :D Some interesting song choices for the Heavy Round...

?: _________ - ______ __ ______
?: ________ ____ - _ _____ _______ ___ _____ __ __ ________ __________
?: _________ - _______
?: _______ ___ - ____ __ _______
?: _________ - _._._. (__ ___ ___________)
?: _________ - _______ __ (____ __ _____)
?: ___ ___ _____ - __ _____ ___ _____
?: _________ - ___ ____ __ ___ _________
?: __ _______ - __________
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Puppies_On_Acid's Gentlemen's Roulette! HangHEAVY!
« Reply #1084 on: April 28, 2018, 06:41:58 PM »
H for Heavy