Author Topic: The "I'm Traveling somewhere" Thread  (Read 55956 times)

Offline Anguyen92

Re: The "I'm Traveling somewhere" Thread
« Reply #560 on: September 19, 2022, 02:21:33 PM »
Have been loving reading where you guys have been holidaying to....

Coming back to the United States in November-December this year (last trip was 2018)

This is my first overseas holiday since Covid, and lucky for me I have been able to throw in a couple of stays in Atlanta, Nashville and Chicago to see Steve Vai and Joe Satriani. (It was meant to be New Orleans, Savannah and New York only)

And now John Petrucci in Chicago. (Hopefully the venue is seated, I forked out a bundle for front row on the floor to now find out that it may not matter if security can't find your seat. They just put you anywhere. (Not sure if this is true, again reliant on reviews) Jeez Louise!

Also arriving from Australia on November 5, where I was going to fly straight to Atlanta, but I am thinking, of seeing John Petrucci in Anaheim, just trying to work out if it is worth the hassle of getting luggage held, getting to Anaheim, going to concert at House of Blues, then getting back to LAX, getting luggage returned for a 12.50am flight to Atlanta. This could be changed to a 6 or 7am flight, but then it means less time in Atlanta.

Has anyone (on this forum) done this before LAX - Transfer - Anaheim concert - Transfer - LAX flight all in the space of about 12 hours?
The LAX-Anaheim-LAX thing is doable, but definitely sub-optimal. Part of it depends on ground transportation. If you're renting a car it'd be advisable to prepay for your gas. You'll get ripped off, but you're not going to want to burn 10 extra minutes during your run back to the airport. If all the pieces line up you're at the airport by midnight for a 0050 flight. If they don't you miss your flight by 30 minutes and they just rebook you on the early AM flight and you sleep on an LAX bench.

If you're hellbent to do this, look at flights in and out of SNA. It's a busy airport, so you should find decent flights, and it's much, much closer to Anaheim. Flying to ATL from SNA after the show would certainly be doable, though again sub-optimal.

Re Chicago, just get there before the show starts and you won't have any trouble with your seat.

Thanks for the reply El Barto as I just told Anguyen92 no car hire, it will be a booked car service of some description. (I have driven in America but mainly in the South on the 10 heading from New Orleans towards Georgia etc. I have been told LA roads are pretty crazy at the best of times)

I assume SNA is another airport? ... Unfortunately I have booked the flight on a multi city ticket, so I can change it, within a day either side, just not cancel it, Delta are pretty good with the changing to a later time should I need it. I may just do that, that way I don't have to rush out of the venue after the concert.

Going back to this.  SNA is John Wayne Airport and it is a lot closer to Anaheim than LAX is.  Unfortunately, there are no later late night flights to Atlanta out of Santa Ana after 9:30 PM (which I have taken a few times in route to either Chicago or Orlando in previous trips eastbound).  If you are that keen on wanting to see JP in Anaheim and have time to kill and you are able to fit out the logistics of heading out of SoCal the next morning, you can't go wrong than being in Anaheim for a day.  Lots of things to do and eat at the Anaheim Gardenwalk and, if you are into this stuff, Disneyland is a brief walk away nearby.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 05:05:50 PM by Anguyen92 »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #561 on: September 19, 2022, 04:59:36 PM »
I just checked into my flight to Amsterdam tomorrow for work while on the train into NYC to see Eric Clapton tonight. Will also be driving to Frankfurt next week before flying home from there.

Welp, on the train ride home last night there was a power failure and my train was stuck on a bridge for an hour at 1am and now my plane has a technical issue that requires the maintenance team so we are delayed an hour at the moment (likely more). The woes of travel.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #562 on: September 19, 2022, 05:38:46 PM »
Alright...next trip has been booked.

They're having "Family Day" at my kid's college (Keene State in NH) on Saturday, Oct. 22.  Because of a death in her family, my wife won't be joining me, so I'm going solo.  I'm flying out to Boston on Tuesday the 18th and have booked two nights at a little beachfront place in Belfast, Maine.  My tentative plan is to spend a the day on Wednesday exploring Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park and Mt. Desert Island, and then to do a slow drive on small roads across Maine and New Hampshire and arrive in Keene in the evening on Thursday.  I kind of have a thing for hitting state capitals, so I'm intending to drive through Augusta and Concord, and I was also thinking of taking the road up to the top of Mt. Washington.  Then I'll be in Keene from Friday through Sunday and heading back to Boston for the flight home the following Monday.

Any of our resident New Englanders have any thoughts on any of this...sights I shouldn't miss, etc.?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #563 on: September 19, 2022, 06:13:53 PM »

They're having "Family Day" at my kid's college (Keene State in NH) on Saturday, Oct. 22.  Because of a death in her family, my wife won't be joining me, so I'm going solo.  I'm flying out to Boston on Tuesday the 18th and have booked two nights at a little beachfront place in Belfast, Maine.  My tentative plan is to spend a the day on Wednesday exploring Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park and Mt. Desert Island, and then to do a slow drive on small roads across Maine and New Hampshire and arrive in Keene in the evening on Thursday.  I kind of have a thing for hitting state capitals, so I'm intending to drive through Augusta and Concord, and I was also thinking of taking the road up to the top of Mt. Washington.  Then I'll be in Keene from Friday through Sunday and heading back to Boston for the flight home the following Monday.

Any of our resident New Englanders have any thoughts on any of this...sights I shouldn't miss, etc.?
That sounds like a great plan. Those are all great spots to hit up. My only suggestion would be to stop at Franconia Notch state park in NH on your way from the Mt Washington area to Keene. Hike the "notch" if you can. It's really cool. I'd also say to drive over to Vermont from Keene if you have a free afternoon just to say you've been there (if you havent already). Brattleboro is a cute little town to wander around and the Vermont Country Store in Bellows Falls is fun too.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #564 on: September 20, 2022, 10:28:49 AM »

That sounds like a great plan. Those are all great spots to hit up. My only suggestion would be to stop at Franconia Notch state park in NH on your way from the Mt Washington area to Keene. Hike the "notch" if you can. It's really cool. I'd also say to drive over to Vermont from Keene if you have a free afternoon just to say you've been there (if you havent already). Brattleboro is a cute little town to wander around and the Vermont Country Store in Bellows Falls is fun too.

Thanks!  I'll definitely look into Franconia Notch.

My first time on a plane as an adult was in 1990.  My sister had a bunch of frequent flyer miles because of her work, so, for my birthday that year, she got me a ticket wherever I wanted to go.  I chose Boston and spent Thanksgiving week driving around New England.  I spent time in Boston and Bar Harbor but mostly just drove around checking out the scenery.  I hit all six states and spent the night in Montpelier.  That said, three days in Keene is probably more than I'll need, so I likely will drive over.  I just wish I could bring home a nice big bottle of syrup, but I won't be checking a bag....
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #565 on: September 25, 2022, 12:56:02 AM »

Going back to this.  SNA is John Wayne Airport and it is a lot closer to Anaheim than LAX is.  Unfortunately, there are no later late night flights to Atlanta out of Santa Ana after 9:30 PM (which I have taken a few times in route to either Chicago or Orlando in previous trips eastbound).  If you are that keen on wanting to see JP in Anaheim and have time to kill and you are able to fit out the logistics of heading out of SoCal the next morning, you can't go wrong than being in Anaheim for a day.  Lots of things to do and eat at the Anaheim Gardenwalk and, if you are into this stuff, Disneyland is a brief walk away nearby.
[/quote]

Thanks El Barto, since I was last on here some new developments.

Qantas Airlines called me and was going to change my flight Melbourne to LAX on November 5, to a domestic to Sydney then Sydney to LAX, was not happy with this so at no extra charge they changed me to Melbourne to LAX on November 3, which means I won't go to Anaheim, but instead see JP at The Ace Hotel in Los Angeles on the 4th, same price for ticket and I got second row, so I will skip Anaheim and just do some touristy LA things on the 3rd and day 4th and then I can fly to Atlanta during the day on the 5th. Not long now  :)

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #566 on: September 26, 2022, 02:48:47 PM »
Well, I got a huge dilemma now.  Because of the Hurricane that's about to hit Florida this week, I need to reschedule my trip in Orlando that would start this Friday by one week.  Of course, because I am too naïve in thinking this is going to go as planned, when I book the trip on Expedia, I did not check the option where you pay a little extra to protect your trip.  Has anyone have any experiences in rescheduling flight/hotels by a week this close to the actual trip?

Offline pg1067

« Reply #567 on: September 26, 2022, 02:55:49 PM »
Well, I got a huge dilemma now.  Because of the Hurricane that's about to hit Florida this week, I need to reschedule my trip in Orlando that would start this Friday by one week.  Of course, because I am too naïve in thinking this is going to go as planned, when I book the trip on Expedia, I did not check the option where you pay a little extra to protect your trip.  Has anyone have any experiences in rescheduling flight/hotels by a week this close to the actual trip?

Flights:  Depends on the airline and the fare class you bought.  When I flew to Boston in August, I pushed back my outbound flight by one day only a one day before I was originally scheduled to depart.  The difference in fare was $19, and I also had to pay a $50 fee because I had originally booked with Expedia but made the change directly with the airline.

Hotels:  Have you paid for your stay already?  If you merely booked the room but haven't paid, you should have no problem canceling the reservation and re-booking.  It may be more or less expensive or the same price depending on a lot of factors.  If you already paid, then it will depend on the terms of your agreement at the time of booking.  When I book through Hotels.com, I sometimes will choose the "pay now" option because it can sometimes save a lot of money.  Even with that, if you cancel before a specified date, you can get a full or nearly full refund.  Also, since you're postponing instead of canceling, it may not be an issue.  Check the terms from when you booked the trip and then start making phone calls.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #568 on: September 26, 2022, 03:36:36 PM »
I'll be heading to Trieste Italy for work tomorrow.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #569 on: September 26, 2022, 03:54:16 PM »
In my case I had used my airline points, so cancelling was a snap and they just refunded my points to me. I know that Expedia typically offers up the lowest class of fares, often fares the airlines won't even pawn off on you, and you might be stuck with it. Also, at least insofar as AA goes, cancelling and changing are different things. I wasn't allowed to change my flight, but could get my points back no questions asked and use them to book a different flight (which I'll be doing very soon). You'll need to explore both options. Also, check with the airline about how they're handling it. Airlines don't typically fly into huricanes, so it's possible they're more than happy to cut you some slack.

As for hotels, typically I've seen pretty reasonable terms with those. Never had to cancel one, but it always seems like you can cancel up to a certain point and only pay a fee--far less than the actual rate.

On the bright side, you won't have to miss Porcupine Tree after all.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #570 on: September 26, 2022, 06:18:57 PM »
All right, for flight.  It looks like I am able to reschedule with the charge fee being waived off.  It looks like all I need to do is pay the difference in flight.  It looks like it may set me back around $275.00 for the round trip.  Not sure yet for hotel, since I did pay in advance, but that's something I need to call them about to see what my options are.

Edit: I'm thinking something devious and I don't know if this is allowed.  Since my flight home is with United and my flight to Orlando is with Delta, what if I switched airlines?  Go to Orlando via United and go Delta to home.  If I go via LAX, it would only cost me $130.00 extra (including the two-hour trip from the OC to LAX via train and bus).

Edit: All right, even better news.  I was able to get my hotel stay from 09/30 - 10/03 refunded.  I wanted a reschedule but the hotel there says its booked on the days I wanted.  No worries, that's $370.00 that I did not expect to get refunded, so I take the little victories.

Edit x 2: Man, what an evening.  I was able to push my flight to 10/06 - 10/10.  It costed me $133.00 overall to do the switch where now the Delta flight is from MCO to LAX and the United Flight is from LAX to MCO.  Plus, I will pay roughly around $50.00 to travel from the OC to LAX and back via rail and bus.  That's perfectly ok.  It was better than what Expedia was giving me as an option which would have costed me $300.00.  Now to find a new hotel room.  I may need to lower my standards and book a room at a Best Western, Quality Inn, or Budget Inn.  I don't need to sleep that much, so I'm good.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 09:22:38 PM by Anguyen92 »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #571 on: September 27, 2022, 08:28:29 AM »
Drove from Amsterdam to Frankfurt this morning.  This drive used to be a lot more fun, but with all the speed traps and construction on the autobahn, it was quite boring and tiring.  I'm so ready to be done with this work Euro trip.

What was cool though, on Sunday night, I got to see a national football game between Netherlands and Belgium. That was a cool experience and something that should make all the work pain a little better.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #572 on: September 27, 2022, 09:51:27 AM »
Ok, so to recap, on my end of the scheduling.  It turned out that I need to be in Orlando on 10/06, not 10/07.  I was able to move my United flight one day back (and they gave me $87.00 in e-credit, as a result, for a future flight).  I wasn't able to move my Delta flight but since I made the change within 24 hours, apparently, I had the option to cancel it, per their 24 hour policy, and get a full refund even though I booked the initial flight back in August?  I'm not sure if that refund contains the difference I paid or the full amount of the flight I've paid.  Something I will need to clear up with Delta today is to confirm the amount of the refund.

Edit: All right, so I dug deeper and yep, Delta will refund the difference when I made the change yesterday and put the rest as an e-credit.  Fair enough, I'm probably bound to use that e-credit for both Delta and United at some point next year.  As long as the money spent is not going to waste, I'm cool with it.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 06:50:19 PM by Anguyen92 »

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #573 on: September 28, 2022, 01:26:00 PM »
Scaled back my trip even further. Pretty much just flying into LA for the show, and heading off to CDMX. I was going to get in a day early to hit SFMM, but it's fucking hot over there right now, I'm not sure how "up to it" I'll be, and honestly, I'm kind of getting a bad vibe about SF in general. I think I'd rather just hit town, spend a few hours in Santa Monica or something, eat a nice meal, and head to the Greek. Also, it doesn't help that my favorite coaster out there is "temporarily closed," and a couple others are questionable. This is basically just a long weekend now, with a couple of killer shows thrown in.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #574 on: September 29, 2022, 06:53:36 AM »
So I'm traveling internationally for first time and don't really get when the passport comes into play.

Leaving an American airport, do I just go through TSA and then I can get on the international flight? Or what's the process?

I'm assuming the passport gets scanned before departing, and where does that happen? Is there just one TSA or an international specific one?

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #575 on: September 29, 2022, 07:18:00 AM »
Your passport will most likely be checked at both borders (which implies during or after security on the US side of things depending on where the border control section is, and whether the entire terminal is geared up for international travel or just a fraction of the gates), and possibly at check in and/or boarding the flight. On landing you will go through border security before you reach the luggage belts and the airport exit. Your airline will also probably ask you to pre-verify your passport by submitting details prior to or during check in.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline faizoff

« Reply #576 on: September 29, 2022, 08:21:05 AM »
So I'm traveling internationally for first time and don't really get when the passport comes into play.

Leaving an American airport, do I just go through TSA and then I can get on the international flight? Or what's the process?

I'm assuming the passport gets scanned before departing, and where does that happen? Is there just one TSA or an international specific one?

Like XJ said, typically you go to the airline counter, they'll make sure you have your documents ready, check if a visa is needed and that you have it. Some airlines I believe follow up with you to make sure you have all the documents needed prior to your flight. Once you check in your luggage and get your boarding card/pass you'll go through TSA and then head to the terminal/gate to your plane. Once you land in the destination you typically have to go through customs/immigration checkpoint where they check your documents again and then allow you to exit the airport. That's the gist of it.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #577 on: September 29, 2022, 08:25:21 AM »
Customs will usually come after the baggage collection, so that people can declare goods or have their bags checked "randomly".

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #578 on: September 29, 2022, 09:32:24 AM »
Makes sense. Thanks guys

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #579 on: September 29, 2022, 10:04:35 AM »
I find it so odd how some countries do customs.  Going into the US is annoying.  Going into Netherlands?  No problem! I had not a single question asked this time. (of course they did check my passport though) but usually you get some questions "where are you going? why are you here?  How long are you here?" 

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #580 on: September 30, 2022, 10:05:05 PM »
Well, trip to Orlando (if the weather calms down and all goes smoothly) starts on 10/06.  I'm flying out of LAX and decided to take a train from Anaheim to Union Station and take a Flyaway bus from Union Station to LAX on 10/05.  Would cost around $50.00 for the roundtrip, which, honestly, is much better than leaving my car in a hotel parking lot nearby LAX for a few days.  On 10/07, I will most likely check at the Little Saigon district and see how it is in comparison to the Little Saigon area in Westminster (a few miles away from where I live).  It seems odd traveling 2,500 miles east and eat a cuisine that I grew up on and can get nearby on a regular basis, but here we are.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #581 on: October 01, 2022, 08:59:59 PM »
The Boston Logan airport looks like a dump compared to the Tampa airport. Had no idea a restaurant called Wahlberger existed.  Would have liked to try it but apparently 8 pm is too late for it to be open.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #582 on: October 01, 2022, 09:03:26 PM »
I went to a Wahlburger once, in Orlando oddly enough.  It was all right.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #583 on: October 02, 2022, 05:38:35 AM »
I've had Wahlburgers a few times and I've been disappointed every time. There are way better burger places all over the place, including several quick service restaurants that are significantly cheaper.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #584 on: October 02, 2022, 02:55:06 PM »
My son and I went to Wahlburger in NYC on our way to the Yankee game.  It was solid but nothing special.

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #585 on: October 04, 2022, 03:07:38 AM »
I've had Wahlburgers a few times and I've been disappointed every time. There are way better burger places all over the place, including several quick service restaurants that are significantly cheaper.

I have never been there, but out of curiosity what made you think their burgers are rather disappointing? Or what would make you happy?
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #586 on: October 04, 2022, 07:37:58 AM »

I have never been there, but out of curiosity what made you think their burgers are rather disappointing? Or what would make you happy?
The texture is not enjoyable for me. The burger patty is too soft for me and there's no sear on the outside. Soft bun, soft patty, other soft toppings leads to a boring texture experience. Could potentially be remedied by having more firm or crunchy toppings I guess. I like a good sear on my patty and that is definitely not the case here.

There is a distinct lack of seasoning and flavor in the patty. I have needed to add salt to every burger I've gotten there and even then it seems to be lacking is flavor. Again, the lack of sear on the patty really hurts them here as that adds nice flavor.

IMO Freddie's, Culver's, and Smash Burger are all significantly better and they're quick service restaurants that are faster and a few bucks cheaper, plus no need to tip since there is no table service. The common theme there is that all three of those really smash the burger into the grill for a good sear, so apparently that's what makes a good burger for me.  :lol

I'll add that I am not a big topping guy and generally don't care for sauces and condiments. Just a basic bacon cheeseburger is what I go for most of the time. So maybe Walburger's sauce is what people enjoy there, but that's not my thing.

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #587 on: October 04, 2022, 07:42:35 AM »

The texture is not enjoyable for me. The burger patty is too soft for me and there's no sear on the outside. Soft bun, soft patty, other soft toppings leads to a boring texture experience. Could potentially be remedied by having more firm or crunchy toppings I guess. I like a good sear on my patty and that is definitely not the case here.

There is a distinct lack of seasoning and flavor in the patty. I have needed to add salt to every burger I've gotten there and even then it seems to be lacking is flavor. Again, the lack of sear on the patty really hurts them here as that adds nice flavor.

IMO Freddie's, Culver's, and Smash Burger are all significantly better and they're quick service restaurants that are faster and a few bucks cheaper, plus no need to tip since there is no table service. The common theme there is that all three of those really smash the burger into the grill for a good sear, so apparently that's what makes a good burger for me.  :lol

Geez, sorry you have to suffer through those. For me, the lack of flavor is a major turn off. No one should need to add further seasoning on their burgers if they are seasoned and cooked right the first time.
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #588 on: October 04, 2022, 09:38:43 AM »
I don't think I ever even heard of Wahlburger until now

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #589 on: October 04, 2022, 09:45:35 AM »
I never had Wahlburgers before, but I know when it opened it was all over the news because of Mark Walhberg, who I think owns the chain (maybe?).
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline pg1067

« Reply #590 on: October 04, 2022, 09:54:12 AM »
Wahburgers is owned by Paul Wahberg (a chef) and his more famous brothers Donnie and Mark.

The term "boring texture experience" weirded me out for some reason (probably because I'm not entirely sure what it means).   :lol  I can tell you that, if you're eating a burger that doesn't have onions and a stray onion happens to show up, that sudden crunch can pretty much ruin the burger.  I'm also not a topping/sauce guy, and I love Smashburger.  Never been to Freddie's or Culver's (my son told me his friend thinks Culver's sucks, but I've also heard far more positive opinions).

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #591 on: October 09, 2022, 03:46:21 PM »
Bald & Bankrupt is my favourite travel vlogger and i'm amazed he's still alive. His latest adventure in Afghanistan is something else. He's so good at capturing how friendly people are no matter the reputation. He probably has a few screwes loose given he's walking around asking "are you a taliban?" to anybody.  :lol

Visiting The World's Most Dangerous Country 🇦🇫 ( Afghanistan 2022 )
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #592 on: October 09, 2022, 07:01:21 PM »
Has anyone here ever been to the Azores? My wife and son have been talking about going. I looked at a map and it's like 5 big rocks in the middle of the fucking ocean!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #593 on: October 11, 2022, 12:33:57 AM »
Has anyone here ever been to the Azores? My wife and son have been talking about going. I looked at a map and it's like 5 big rocks in the middle of the fucking ocean!!

Never been there, but recently found out that a guy has been studying the place because he believes it to be the original location of atlantis
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #594 on: October 11, 2022, 05:55:35 AM »
Back home after leaving the US for the first time ever.

Went to Warsaw, Poland and it was truly incredible. And in addition, I've been studying the language for a year and half and for the most part was able to speak only Polish while there and it was one of the greatest experiences of my life.

My only regret was I didn't do it sooner.