Author Topic: Counterpart  (Read 1771 times)

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
Counterpart
« on: February 28, 2018, 04:20:30 PM »
Anybody watching Counterpart on Starz? Shaping up to be a cool sci-fi spy drama. J.K. Simmons in a dual role.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
Re: Counterpart
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 11:23:35 PM »
I've still only watched the first episode, but given my love for both well-thought and well-acted sci-fi and for Simmons, I think I'm going to love this. I'm specifically waiting because I know once I hit episode two it's just going to be a binge fest. But I know the season is nearing it's end so that might happen soon...maybe tonight...or now...

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Chris Hinton

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 09:04:06 AM »
I've watched all the episodes so far and I'm really liking it.  The pacing is excellent in that they're giving you a chance to get to know the characters instead of just throwing the mythology of the show at you.

Offline AngelBack

• I'm officially a lard......
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Why you want beef with broccoli ?
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 09:02:31 AM »
Was curious if anyone else was watching.  I don't watch a lot of TV or movies so my evaluation is kind of limited as far as comparing the series with other programs.  But so far I am absolutely loving it.  JK Simmons is a joy to watch.  I find myself so intrigued by his acting that I hang on every scene with him.  And Baldwin......whoa.....seems like the kind of girl that you KNOW will wreck your life and you do it anyway.
But the arc of your life will still be profound

Offline Chris Hinton

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 09:16:39 AM »
The first vibe that I got from the premise is Fringe and it's alternate universe.  The main difference (so far) is that the alternate universe in Counterpart was created by the incident instead of being discovered.

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 09:31:16 AM »
FRINGE is my all-time favorite show, and I couldn't help but think about it when I was watching the first episode. I don't think about it much anymore, on account of this show is riveting and you really have to pay attention. The spy stuff is pretty good right now, but I'm looking forward to seeing how they incorporate the sci-fi aspect as they progress.

Offline Chris Hinton

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2018, 03:52:12 PM »
That last episode leads me to believe that the Howards are going to come to blows at some point.  Oh, <spoiler> and Alpha Howard has now lied about the condition of both Emilys...

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2018, 02:58:31 PM »
What an absolutely amazing finale! :omg: I REALLY want more info about the crossing, how it was discovered, how it happened, etc. But damn if that wasn't one of the best hours of television in a long time.

Offline AngelBack

• I'm officially a lard......
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Why you want beef with broccoli ?
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2018, 05:50:06 AM »
What an absolutely amazing finale! :omg: I REALLY want more info about the crossing, how it was discovered, how it happened, etc. But damn if that wasn't one of the best hours of television in a long time.

Agreed, I was surprised Alexander Pope got whacked as I thought his character would eventually give us more details on shenanigans on the "B" side. 
But the arc of your life will still be profound

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2018, 05:41:28 AM »
The mistrust in both universes is a microcosm of the characters. Both Howard Silks want each other's life. Not a surprise just like the universes.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2018, 09:07:16 AM »
New season starts Sunday :metal

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2018, 10:19:16 AM »
Super excited for this new season. Just happened to watch something on Starz and saw the trailer and premier date. It's like a holiday surprise!  :corn

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2018, 12:47:32 PM »
 :tup :tup