Author Topic: Anthem  (Read 558 times)

Offline Groot

Anthem
« on: February 20, 2018, 05:51:39 PM »
Here's my rookie gift to DTF. No thanks needed.

If you like your metal on the Priest / Accept side of the spectrum, chances are good you may like what you get to hear. 
There's a big if: I've seen some folks shy away from japanese lyrics like a virgin from the hair of Burt Reynolds.

Their beginnings go back to the early 80s. I'm sure some of you here know Anthem, but lost track of them, because there were no more western releases.

Unlike Loudness who lost their identity in a Pantera wannabe world (the brand new album Rise To Glory is a big step in the right direction though), Anthem kept their metal classic. In the dire Nirvana, Pearl Jam years the bass playing band leader Naoto Shibata parked the band and since the restart they have been releasing kick ass heavy metal albums every other year.

Akio Shimizu instantly became one of my favorite metal guitar players. He can shred, but he is a disciplined team player, and a master degree riff engineer.   

Evil One (2012)
https://youtu.be/8luhZXVvEbU

A good starting point you ask ?

Sure. Eternal Warrior from 2004 is the first album with modern production values.

Next is Immortal.

Burning Oath (incl. the song from the video)

and Absolute World

to latest album Engraved from 2017.

From their early phase Bound To Break

and Gypsy Ways 

are undying heavy metal classics.
I am Groot.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Anthem
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 05:53:30 PM »
In before TAC.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Anthem
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 05:58:22 PM »
....are featured in the podcast I am just finishing off (Best of 2017 Pt1)
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au