San Diego Padres
San Francisco Giants
Seattle Mariners
St. Louis Cardinals
Tampa Bay Rays
Texas Rangers
Toronto Blue Jays
Washington Nationals

Author Topic: 2018 Major League Baseball Thread - Red October  (Read 27617 times)

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2018 Major League Baseball Thread - OPENING DAY!
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2018, 11:50:24 AM »
Swarber is having issues, and the Marlins are back in it.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2018, 01:42:39 PM »
George Springer leads off with a HR as well.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2018, 01:48:41 PM »
George Springer leads off with a HR as well.

I hate that guy....
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2018, 02:26:22 PM »
Looking forward to the fireworks display that Judge and Stanton should be able to put on this season.

LETS GO YANKEES!   :metal :metal :metal

Stanton with a 2 run bomb in his first at bat :metal :metal
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2018, 06:08:37 PM »
Boston should have had Sale pitch for another few innings

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2018, 08:45:09 PM »
Giancarlo Stanton is on pace for 324 HRs!  :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2018, 09:52:26 PM »
1-0 win on the road against the Dodgers with Kershaw on the mound, hell of a way to start the season...

:GiantsMetal:

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2018, 11:48:50 PM »
13ish hours later and opening day is over! Gonna be a great season.

Offline dparrott

Re: 2018 Major League Baseball Thread
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2018, 10:38:49 AM »
The Dodgers are the most expensive team in baseball without wins or runs.    Wow.   :\
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2018, 01:38:27 PM »
The Dodgers are the most expensive team in baseball without wins or runs.    Wow.   :\

Offline T-ski

« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2018, 07:50:23 AM »
3-0.

Go Brewers!
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline pg1067

« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2018, 09:17:09 AM »
The Dodgers outscored the giants 14-2 in the opening four game series and still only earned a 2-2 split.  A virtually impossible task.

Only 158 games to go before the playoffs start!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2018, 04:50:16 PM »
The Dodgers outscored the giants 14-2 in the opening four game series and still only earned a 2-2 split.  A virtually impossible task.

Only 158 games to go before the playoffs start!

I watched the game last night. LA/SF always feels like a playoff game.

I have great memories of the TACs going out to Dodger Stadium three years ago.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline dparrott

« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2018, 09:58:14 PM »
Dodgers go up 5-4 in the 14th only to blow it in the bottom of the 14th.  Wow.   :\ :tdwn

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2018, 10:33:30 AM »
Dodgers go up 5-4 in the 14th only to blow it in the bottom of the 14th.  Wow.   :\ :tdwn

I almost can't watch those games.  Several times yesterday that I felt like I had to turn the TV off and just check the score later.  And it's only April....  Justin Turner can't get back soon enough.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2018, 10:40:58 PM »

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2018, 09:04:52 AM »
So the fact that this thread isn't titled "MLB YADDA YADDA" threw me way off.

Dat Red Sox / Yankee game yesterday :lol
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2018, 09:12:48 AM »
So the fact that this thread isn't titled "MLB YADDA YADDA" threw me way off.

Dat Red Sox / Yankee game yesterday :lol

Glad you found the thread!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2018, 09:06:39 AM »
Again...

Dat Red Sox / Yankee game yesterday  :corn
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2018, 08:22:56 PM »
@ DOC... Chris, what's your opinion of Matt Wieters? Did he ever reach his potential with the O's?

Offline pg1067

« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2018, 11:18:32 AM »
Questions for folks in New York:

1. Where would you recommend an out-of-towner with no rooting interest in either team sit at Yankee Stadium (aside from the overpriced seats behind home plate?

2. Same question about Citi Field, except that I'll be there in my Dodgers gear for a game between the Dodgers and Mets.

3. Any issues being a fan of the visiting team at Citi Field (I'll be there with my 16yo son and, while I cheer for my team, I'm anything but an obnoxious fan)?

4. Any particular concession items that shouldn't be missed (at either park)?

Thanks.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2018, 08:37:24 PM »
pg...go to Fenway! ;D

So the Sox are in Anaheim this week. Besides the games being on late, I have to look at Scott Boras the entire fucking game! :censored

Offline pg1067

« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2018, 08:55:03 AM »
pg...go to Fenway! ;D

Been there; done that (which isn't to say I wouldn't do it again, but the idea is to go to stadiums neither of us have been to).

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2018, 10:13:02 AM »
pg...go to Fenway! ;D

So the Sox are in Anaheim this week. Besides the games being on late, I have to look at Scott Boras the entire fucking game! :censored

But hey... we've kicked their asses 2x in a row so far...

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2018, 02:33:18 PM »
pg...go to Fenway! ;D

Been there; done that (which isn't to say I wouldn't do it again, but the idea is to go to stadiums neither of us have been to).

Oh, cool. I get that. How long ago did you come up? Is this a summer thing for you to do?

We don't base vacations around games, but we try and hit a new stadium when we can. You're from California right? Three years ago, we were out there staying at Disneyland. The Angels were out of town, so we hit Dodger Stadium for a game.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2018, 05:39:00 PM »
pg...go to Fenway! ;D

Oh, cool. I get that. How long ago did you come up? Is this a summer thing for you to do?

We don't base vacations around games, but we try and hit a new stadium when we can. You're from California right? Three years ago, we were out there staying at Disneyland. The Angels were out of town, so we hit Dodger Stadium for a game.

Yes, from California.  I work about 5 minutes from Anaheim Stadium and live about halfway between the two stadiums, but I've been a lifelong Dodgers fan.  My father (who was born in Brooklyn) moved our family from Garden City, NY to southern California not long after the Dodgers moved out here, which was 8 years or so before I was born.  My father saw Dodgers games at both Ebbets Field and Dodger Stadium.  His father saw games at Ebbets and Washington Park.  I've been to Dodger Stadium so many times that I only really see its flaws now.  Anaheim Stadium is newer and more recently renovated, but I don't think it's anything special.

I booked our flights last week.  We're flying into JFK on June 19 and back home on June 25.  The plan is to see the Yankees on either the 20th or 21st and then the Mets on either the 22nd or 23rd.  The Yankees are playing the Mariners, so no rooting interest there.  The Dodgers will be playing the Mets while we're out there, so I'm going to try and get seats near the visitor's dugout.

We'll be visiting family on Long Island one day, and I'm also planning on going to one of the local single-A teams (in addition to exploring Manhattan a bit).
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 11:32:51 AM by pg1067 »

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2018, 09:59:00 AM »
As the Chinese lady in my office who struggles with acronyms said "how about those BJ's!!!"

yes...how about those Blue Jays. They let the Yankees shoddy pitching off the hook last night. 2-14 with runners in scoring...
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2018, 09:57:16 PM »
Cibbies
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline dparrott

« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2018, 08:56:12 PM »
Dodgers swept by the Reds.  Just f'n wow.  One game out of the cellar.  Damn injuries.  Thankfully it's still early.

Offline Anxiety35

« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2018, 10:35:56 AM »
Lifelong Braves fan here. Born and raised in the Atlanta area. Grew up in the 80's when they were horrible. The 90's were great and it was my teenage years so a lot of fond memories of Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz, etc.

I had zero expectations coming into this season. With the front office shakeup and the disaster that has been the past 3 or so seasons, I thought it would be more of the same this season - possible worse. I was more interested at tracking prospects and seeing what Alex Anthopoulos would do to try and right the ship, along with seeing how the young players would fare.

It's been fun to watch so far. Being in first place by mid-May is a huge accomplishment for the team. My only question is, will it last? If they don't win the division but the get a wild card birth, that's a tremendous success for this season.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2018, 12:15:26 PM »
Dodgers swept by the Reds.  Just f'n wow.  One game out of the cellar.  Damn injuries.  Thankfully it's still early.

I'm just about ready to throw in the towel on this season.  Dodgers are now 16-24.  In order to reach 87 wins (which was the number of wins the second NL wild card team had last year), the Dodgers will have to go 71-51 over the remaining 122 games.  That's a .582 winning percentage.  Certainly not undoable, but I've seen nothing that makes me believe the Dodgers will turn it around to that extent.  On the positive side both Justin Turner and Logan Forsythe will be coming off the disabled list this week.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2018, 08:51:43 PM »

I'm just about ready to throw in the towel on this season.  Dodgers are now 16-24.  In order to reach 87 wins (which was the number of wins the second NL wild card team had last year), the Dodgers will have to go 71-51 over the remaining 122 games.  That's a .582 winning percentage.  Certainly not undoable, but I've seen nothing that makes me believe the Dodgers will turn it around to that extent.  On the positive side both Justin Turner and Logan Forsythe will be coming off the disabled list this week.

....aaaand they lose to the Marlins.   ::)

Offline dparrott

« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2018, 07:36:32 PM »
Dodgers on the rebound winning 5 out of 6 and sweeping the Nats on the road!   :metal :metal :metal

Offline pg1067

« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2018, 09:45:55 AM »
Dodgers on the rebound winning 5 out of 6 and sweeping the Nats on the road!   :metal :metal :metal

After being possibly the best division in baseball last year, the NL West is just bad this year.

After getting off to a torrid start, Arizona has lost 7 in a row and 13 of its last 14.

As a result of Arizona's nosedive, Colorado has taken over first place but has lost 4 of its last 5 and 9 of its last 14.

The Dodgers are closer to first place (3.5 games back) then they are to a .500 record (currently at 22-27 but having won 6 of their last 7).

The next four months are gonna be interesting.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2018, 10:26:18 AM »
Just booked The TAC Summer Vacation 2018 last night, and this morning, bought tickets to take in a Giants game.  :metal
Damn, it's expensive.