3 (3.6%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
1 (1.2%)
Washington Redskins
1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: 2018 NFL Thread - The Dynasty  (Read 185139 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Divisional Week
« Reply #2800 on: January 12, 2019, 07:03:46 AM »
In a point spread contest I am doing with a couple friends, I took all four dogs and the points this weekend, but the only one I am really confident about is Dallas, who I think will win outright tonight against the Rams.

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2801 on: January 12, 2019, 07:37:54 AM »
I was also 1-3 last weekend, and could be the same this weekend, taking the Irsays, Rams, Patriots, and Saints.  The first three can go either way, depending on how good ol' momentum swings.  The Saints just have to not press if the score isn't 35-7 after three quarters (which so many think will be the case).

'Mark 'em in stone' predictions:  500 needless close ups of coaches with/without the play sheet in front of their mouths (or Belichick with no emotion), 500 needless close ups of the QBs on and off the field, about a thousand needless replays (often I don't need any after a play much less three), a gazillion different camera changes, maybe a dozen or so times that I will get to see the personnel changes made between plays, the volume for the CBS broadcast almost non existent (since the Ravens are out) so that we don't have to listen to the overexcited ramblings of a 12 year old, and a continued appreciation for Buck and Aikman because of less over talking.

As to officiating and challenges and......well, that's also a constant.  No need to continue ranting more of the obvious.

...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2802 on: January 12, 2019, 07:48:57 AM »
In a point spread contest I am doing with a couple friends, I took all four dogs and the points this weekend, but the only one I am really confident about is Dallas, who I think will win outright tonight against the Rams.

I'm heading down to Atlantic City tonight for a concert, but realized that sports betting is legal now and I'm wondering if I could go place some bets down there today.  I'm guessing I can, but now I am starting to think, what's the best bet?  Dallas are 7 point underdogs, that does look like a decent bet. I'm not against the idea of throwing down a 50 on it although it kind of sickens me to then root for Dallas  :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2803 on: January 12, 2019, 08:04:01 AM »
Funny you say that because I am considering throwing down some money on Dallas and the points tonight as well.  I have only bet on two games vs the spread in the last 20 years (NE over Seattle in SB 49 and then Pittsburgh over TB in week 3 this season) and this might end up being the third.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2804 on: January 12, 2019, 02:23:16 PM »
Funny you say that because I am considering throwing down some money on Dallas and the points tonight as well.  I have only bet on two games vs the spread in the last 20 years (NE over Seattle in SB 49 and then Pittsburgh over TB in week 3 this season) and this might end up being the third.
I picked LA outright, but my hunch is that it'll either be a close game or Dallas pulls the upset. Dallas +7 was a no-brainer.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Colts vs. Chiefs
« Reply #2805 on: January 12, 2019, 03:20:45 PM »
Yea, definitely going to throw some money on Dallas in a bit now that I just got to AC

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2806 on: January 12, 2019, 03:57:25 PM »
Football Gods: Well, you know, we usually don't let the Chiefs get past this point. Haven't in well over twenty years.

Patrick Mahomes: What the fuck does that have to do with me?

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2807 on: January 12, 2019, 05:48:56 PM »
Whelp....if the Colts are as good as many have been saying.. we've got to give a lot of credit to the KC defense. They certainly stepped it up.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2808 on: January 12, 2019, 06:00:58 PM »
Great win by KC.  Their defense was coached well; I lost track of how many teams a defender got their hands up and tipped a pass at the line.

I expect tonight's game to be a nail-biter, for fans of both teams.  It's rare I root for the Cowboys, but Stan Kroenke and the Rams can eat shit.

Online faizoff

Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Cowboys vs. Rams
« Reply #2809 on: January 12, 2019, 09:21:56 PM »
I haven't watched any regular season football this year and only started watching during the playoffs, I wouldn't even know who to pick to win by nothing other than winning record. Last week the games were great and I thought for sure the Colts would make the Chiefs choke again but my goodness that Chiefs team were a beast of a team. As were the Rams tonight. I'm going to imagine tomorrow's game will follow the same pattern and should be another exciting day of playoff football.

"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline dparrott

« Reply #2810 on: January 12, 2019, 09:28:58 PM »
Rams baby!!! Woooooo :metal

Bonehead moves by Dallas at the end.  Down by 9 with 2 mins left.  Go for 2 and on-side kick!  Come on man!
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2811 on: January 12, 2019, 09:33:57 PM »
Eh, let's hope tomorrow's game are better and more competitive than today's.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #2812 on: January 12, 2019, 09:38:25 PM »
Rams baby!!! Woooooo :metal

Bonehead moves by Dallas at the end.  Down by 9 with 2 mins left.  Go for 2 and on-side kick!  Come on man!

Going for 2 in that situation is suicide. You miss and it's instantly a two-possession game. The Cowboys still had all three timeouts so the onside wasn't critical plus I heard that onsides are now not even half as successful as they used to be due to the new rules (can't have all your dudes lined up on one side of the kicker.)
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2813 on: January 12, 2019, 09:41:03 PM »

Going for 2 in that situation is suicide. You miss and it's instantly a two-possession game. The Cowboys still had all three timeouts so the onside wasn't critical plus I heard that onsides are now not even half as successful as they used to be due to the new rules (can't have all your dudes lined up on one side of the kicker.)

Agreed.  Jason Garrett is a doofus at times, but kicking the XP and then kicking it deep was the right move there.  Taking out their stud rookie LB on the critical 3rd down after that was not.  So dumb.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #2814 on: January 13, 2019, 01:22:16 AM »
OK I can see the no 2-pointer.  But how was that the "right move" giving the ball to a team that's been running over yours all night, plus had NO 3-and-outs???  THAT'S suicide in my book.

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2815 on: January 13, 2019, 05:04:53 AM »
OK I can see the no 2-pointer.  But how was that the "right move" giving the ball to a team that's been running over yours all night, plus had NO 3-and-outs???  THAT'S suicide in my book.

The theory is, in a nutshell, field position. You have three time outs, you kick the ball deep, trust your defense and get the ball back in decent position with one of your time outs still in hand. Considering the stats for successful onside kicks, these days, I agree this was the best strategy.

The bolded is where this breaks down for the Cowboys.

It's rare I root for the Cowboys, but Stan Kroenke and the Rams can eat shit.

What's with all the hostility?  :lol
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2816 on: January 13, 2019, 05:49:17 AM »
Well to be fair ....they didn't try to kick it deep. They tried to beam one of the front row plebs.....and it grazed him.....just didn't hit him enough for the desired effect.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Chargers vs. Patriots
« Reply #2817 on: January 13, 2019, 06:39:22 AM »
Fucking cowboys, I'll leave it at that

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2818 on: January 13, 2019, 10:59:41 AM »
Game time.

Hearts pulling for the road teams. Mind tells me the home teams prevail.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2819 on: January 13, 2019, 11:15:26 AM »
Chargers defense has their heads up their asses already.  NE killing them with rinky dink passes that turn into big gains already.  Play man and make them beat you over the top.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2820 on: January 13, 2019, 11:19:49 AM »
And there's the iffy PI call that gives NE 7 (both guys were using their hands).  :\

I'll turn the TV back on for the late game.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2821 on: January 13, 2019, 11:22:59 AM »
Brady still not making the right reads. And he hasn't even been pressured. On the 2nd & 5 incompletion to Edelman, he had Michel wide open down the seem for a TD.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2822 on: January 13, 2019, 11:29:07 AM »
I picked NE largely on the basis of a critical fumble by Rivers. We'll see how that goes, but rigged game or not that was a good drive from the Patriots.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2823 on: January 13, 2019, 11:32:51 AM »
Um..you can turn your TV back on, Kev!

EDIT: Nevermind.. :lol
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 11:38:53 AM by TAC »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2824 on: January 13, 2019, 12:07:43 PM »
Right now the MVPs are McDaniels and Flores. Gameplans on both sides of the ball have been excellent.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2825 on: January 13, 2019, 12:14:29 PM »
Hell of a start.  Finish this. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #2826 on: January 13, 2019, 12:17:11 PM »
What a disappointment so far... Chargers defense is playing like trash  :tdwn Pats look great though.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2827 on: January 13, 2019, 12:21:38 PM »

IMO, the Rams are vastly superior to the Cowboys on both sides of the ball, and about the only area where they're even is at the RB position.  Whether the Rams have any significant home-field advantage is debatable, but not having to travel is significant, as is having had the week off.

I do not agree. Dallas has a significantly better defense than the Rams, and I think Zeke will run all over the Rams.  Despite having the best defensive player in the league and a bunch of stars, the Rams D has not gelled as a whole and was subpar for much of the season.

Like I said.

I dont see how the patriots win this game.

And now you know.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline dparrott

« Reply #2828 on: January 13, 2019, 12:28:19 PM »
So much for an all LA SB   ::)  :loser:

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #2829 on: January 13, 2019, 12:31:49 PM »
I’m done. As I said last week, neither team in the wild card game is good enough to beat New England. The Patriots rarely lose in the playoffs at home. Their game planning and discipline in these situations is just unmatched and you have to play a perfect game to beat them. The Chargers just don’t have that in them today, and most certainly not in this environment. Oh well. At least the AFC title game is in KC and not NE. Go Chiefs I guess.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2830 on: January 13, 2019, 01:13:48 PM »
Excuse my French. Are you fucking kidding me?!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2831 on: January 13, 2019, 01:55:38 PM »
This game is soooo boring.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #2832 on: January 13, 2019, 01:55:54 PM »
I can see why DT forums are quiet right now. The Patriots are playing and it seems likely that a large percentage of the members of this board are from that region.  :lol
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2833 on: January 13, 2019, 02:39:00 PM »
This game is soooo boring.
The second half sure was. The first half was awesome.
E.F. Benson

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Eagles vs. Saints
« Reply #2834 on: January 13, 2019, 02:48:38 PM »
Hell of a start!