3 (3.6%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
1 (1.2%)
Washington Redskins
1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: 2018 NFL Thread - The Dynasty  (Read 188629 times)

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Eagles vs. Bears
« Reply #2695 on: January 06, 2019, 04:43:48 PM »
I am so proud of these dudes in the Eagles' secondary

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2696 on: January 06, 2019, 05:38:45 PM »
Bears blew it.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2697 on: January 06, 2019, 05:48:43 PM »
OR DID THEY?!?
Photobucket sucks.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2698 on: January 06, 2019, 05:49:13 PM »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2699 on: January 06, 2019, 05:49:22 PM »
nope, they did :lol :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2700 on: January 06, 2019, 05:49:40 PM »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2701 on: January 06, 2019, 05:50:22 PM »
That blows.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2702 on: January 06, 2019, 05:51:24 PM »
YES SIR! The refs blew the call on the 2 point conversion.....glad it didn't cost the Eagles......
The magic ride continues
....bring on the Saints!

Offline Dream Team

Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Divisional Week
« Reply #2703 on: January 06, 2019, 06:28:51 PM »
SHOCKED that a kicker choked a season away. Khalil Mack deserved better than that, but I like the Eagles so looking forward to some good games next week, hopefully with some better passing attacks. I’ve seen enough punts this weekend to last me a lifetime.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2704 on: January 06, 2019, 06:36:50 PM »
Robbie Gould was in the stands at the Bears game as he still lives here. He is 82 of 85 since being cut by the Bears. He was 33 of 34 this year. The Bears thought he was too expensive.

Whoops.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2705 on: January 06, 2019, 06:53:28 PM »
Saw the last two minutes of the Eagles/Bears game. Good stuff. Collinsworth said Bears lost on two doinks. Which made me think of this.

Thought the Seahawks had a good chance in Dallas, and as I pegged them as an 8-8 team I am not terribly disappointed in this season. Carroll did a good job after dumping most of their dead weight/douchebags.

No real preferences on who moves on from here. No one I want to see hold up the trophy, no one I don't want to see hold it up. So just give me some entertaining games.

"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2706 on: January 06, 2019, 07:58:29 PM »
Evidently an Eagles DT may have gotten his hand on the ball a little bit.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2707 on: January 06, 2019, 10:45:01 PM »
Wow, who would have thought that we'd get two wildcard teams in the AFC championship game?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #2708 on: January 06, 2019, 11:23:53 PM »
Wow, who would have thought that we'd get two wildcard teams in the AFC championship game?

They still need to go through KC and New England next weekend. I'll say that an AFC championship game between Indy and the Chargers really wouldn't surprise me, though.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #2709 on: January 07, 2019, 07:10:09 AM »
Evidently an Eagles DT may have gotten his hand on the ball a little bit.

Yep, just watched the video and Hester tipped it. Amazing that it still almost went in. I thought it hooked awfully hard. Hopefully people can get off Parker's back now.

Offline kaos2900

Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Wild Card Week
« Reply #2710 on: January 07, 2019, 07:18:36 AM »
Here are my playoff picks. As a Chiefs fan I would love for this to be their year however their defense is just not good enough. Next year will be their year.

Wild Card
Ind @ Hou- This should be good game among divisional foes who are fairly evenly matched though I think Houston is slightly better on both sides of the ball and they win at home.
Sea @ Dal- I hate Dallas and they have either been great or terrible. Seattle has been consistently just good enough to win. I think there is a Dallas meltdown and Seattle wins.
LAC @ Bal- Chargers are the best wild card team and they easily beat Baltimore.
Phi @ Chi- Bears defense is too much for the Eagles though the game is closer than most expect. The Eagles have been hot lately but I just don't see how the Bears lose this game.

Divisional Round
Sea @ NO- A very rested Saints team gets an easy win.
Chi @ LAR- This should be a great rematch though I think the Rams win this won at home in non-frigid weather. Honestly, I think the Super Bowl champ is the winner of this game.
LAC @ KC- And another great rematch. After squeaking out a win in KC a few weeks ago I think the Chargers have no fear of the Chiefs and we all know Reids playoff history. If KC wins this game they make the Super Bowl. Going with my Chiefs.
Hou @ NE- Houston handled the patriots earlier in the year and I think they do it again. The patriots have Brady but I just don't trust who is around him.

Conference Championship
LAR @ NO- This would be a hell of a game and another great rematch. The surprising lack of offense from the Saints lately makes me lean towards the rams.
Hou @ KC- As bad as the Chiefs defense is Houston doesn't have the offense fire power to keep up with the Chiefs.

Super Bowl
LAR vs KC- This is the rematch of the year after the crazy MNF game. As mentioned above I just don't think KC has the defense to win a title this year. Rams win the title in a thriller.

Now let's see many I get wrong.  ;D

Well I got 1/4 right and the Chargers almost got me 0/4. Crazy slate of games. The Colts looked the most legit out of the 4 winners though the Eagles just continue to find ways to win.

Updated Predictions
Divisional Round
PHI @ NO- Can the Eagles win another game as the underdog? On the road vs. a solid rested Saints Defense I say no.
Dal @ LAR- Dallas has a really good defense and Elliot and Cooper. Not sold on Dak at QB and with Hurns out Cooper will get doubled. Rams win easily.
IND @ KC- As a Chiefs fan I'm worried about this game. The Colts have looked great the second half of the season. I'm going to change my original prediction and say the KC Playoff drought continues.
LAC @ NE- Both teams have been inconsistent. I'll lean towards Brady at home.

Conference Championship
LAR @ NO- This would be a hell of a game and another great rematch. The surprising lack of offense from the Saints lately makes me lean towards the rams.
Ind @ NE- I've been really impressed by the Colts and they think make the Super Bowl.

Super Bowl
LAR vs Ind

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2711 on: January 07, 2019, 07:19:00 AM »
Parker outscored the entire Bears offense 9-6 so he has nothing to be ashamed of. However some people always need a scapegoat.

QBs tend to lose in their first playoff game. Watson, Jackson and Trubiski are three more names for that list. We'll see how Mahomes does this week.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Chargers vs. Ravens
« Reply #2712 on: January 07, 2019, 07:23:04 AM »
I don't see Jackson being the first rookie QB to win in Foxborough.

Keeping Jackson in rather than Flacko is the right move, win or lose. Jackson's going to be their QB for quite some time, and you have to give him this experience.

Haven't seen him play much, but the dude throws a pretty deep ball when he has the time.

Yeah, but he's an NBA player in an NFL league.  He has to learn that the extra yard for the highlight reel isn't going to cut it.  Get the first down, and get out of bounds.   Those DB's are bigger than you, and there's anywhere from 4 to 7 of them, and ONE of you.   Get the first down, and take the knee.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2713 on: January 07, 2019, 07:25:14 AM »
I picked three of the four games with my heart, and one, even though I don't like the team, I just saw no way they were going to lose, so I went with my head.

It shouldn't surprise anyone that I went 1-3 this weekend.   :tdwn

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2714 on: January 07, 2019, 09:25:16 AM »
Just saw a meme about Tom Brady, none of the 3 AFC playoff teams QB's have EVER beaten Tom Brady.  That's an 0-14 record combined.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2715 on: January 07, 2019, 09:51:00 AM »
Just saw a meme about Tom Brady, none of the 3 AFC playoff teams QB's have EVER beaten Tom Brady.  That's an 0-14 record combined.

Meaningless stat FTW! :P

Parker outscored the entire Bears offense 9-6 so he has nothing to be ashamed of. However some people always need a scapegoat.

I blame a) the number 1 defense giving up the lead late, and b) Nagy, for that bone-headed play call on the 2-point play when they had a chance to go up 17-10.

My beef with these offensive "genius" play callers is that they often try to be too clever. They don't want to call a boring play that has a great chance of working; they want to call a clever play that has a good chance of working so they can get credit for the play call.  When it works, like with the Philly Special last year, it's great, but when it doesn't, it makes you look not-so smart.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2716 on: January 07, 2019, 11:10:40 AM »
3/4 for me (and a tipped FT from 4/4!).  Predictions for this week:

PHI @ NO.  I can't stand the Eagles AND I don't think they should even be in the playoffs.  I refuse to give them any credit.  But beyond that, I just think the Saints are leagues ahead. 
Dal @ LAR.  This is a tough one.  But the better teams have exposed where the Rams are weak, and I think Dallas is just good enough to exploit those weaknesses.
IND @ KC.  The Colts are hot.  I think they have what it takes to survive another week.
LAC @ NE.  NE can never be counted out in the playoffs with this coach and this QB.  But I think the Chargers are the stronger team.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2717 on: January 07, 2019, 11:24:56 AM »

PHI @ NO.  I can't stand the Eagles AND I don't think they should even be in the playoffs.  I refuse to give them any credit.  But beyond that, I just think the Saints are leagues ahead. 

I told Bosk to write this.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2718 on: January 07, 2019, 11:40:51 AM »
True fact:  Stadler ALWAYS tells me what to write.  I am simply his puppet.  He existed behind the scenes from the beginning and told me to start this forum as a place for him to express his views through me.  I make no post unless Stadler first types it and sends it to me.  All hail Stadler!

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #2719 on: January 07, 2019, 11:48:35 AM »
Only saw a little of the Bears game due to having a sick kid, but I did catch the last minute.  Awful, but I'm sure there were plenty of opportunities for the offence to get things done and didn't.  Had they won, they'd probably get steamrolled by the Saints and/or Rams, if they made it that far.  It's been a fun season - after so many years of sucking (and a random ride of defense and special teams to the Super Bowl in 2006), it was awesome to have a team that actually played well. 

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #2720 on: January 07, 2019, 12:03:38 PM »
Robbie Gould was in the stands at the Bears game as he still lives here. He is 82 of 85 since being cut by the Bears. He was 33 of 34 this year. The Bears thought he was too expensive.

Whoops.

I don't understand how teams don't understand the importance of a GREAT kicker. It's one thing not to want to overpay an okay kicker, but you have someone as solid as Gould and you give him whatever the market demands. In an otherwise bad season again for the Niners the one great consistent thing is that if the field goal unit hits the field you basically assume you have 3-points.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2721 on: January 07, 2019, 12:11:41 PM »

Whoops.

I don't understand how teams don't understand the importance of a GREAT kicker. It's one thing not to want to overpay an okay kicker, but you have someone as solid as Gould and you give him whatever the market demands. In an otherwise bad season again for the Niners the one great consistent thing is that if the field goal unit hits the field you basically assume you have 3-points.

Funny seeing Gould and "great kicker" in the same statement.  Well, he was really awesome in the NFL.  He was just absolutely terrible at Penn State.  I've seen him cost PSU so many games, but he turned it around and found success in the NFL so I kind of love the guy and love seeing this actually.  Having said that, Gould is one guy that can relate to what happened too.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #2722 on: January 07, 2019, 12:11:57 PM »
Saw the last two minutes of the Eagles/Bears game. Good stuff. Collinsworth said Bears lost on two doinks.

Initially he called it a "double doink". Al Michaels repeated it later..  :lol :lol
I'm still bummed the Bears lost though.
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #2723 on: January 07, 2019, 12:19:14 PM »
I'm hoping Dallas takes the Super Bowl this year, but MANNN do they have to go through the gauntlet.   :omg:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 12:28:14 PM by Architeuthis »
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #2724 on: January 07, 2019, 12:23:36 PM »

Whoops.

The kick was blocked. You can see Hesters fingers bend back. 100% blocked yet it's mostly getting ignored by the media.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #2725 on: January 07, 2019, 12:57:25 PM »

Whoops.

The kick was blocked. You can see Hesters fingers bend back. 100% blocked yet it's mostly getting ignored by the media.

The kick wasn't blocked, it was *very* slightly deflected. Frankly there is no way of knowing if that minor contact helped or hurt. Frankly the kick may have gone a foot wide of the post and due to that tip gotten closer to being made.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2726 on: January 07, 2019, 01:25:46 PM »
The kick was tipped at best, grazed at worst. It was not blocked. Blocked kicks don't make it to the goalpost.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2727 on: January 07, 2019, 01:43:17 PM »
SHOCKED that the Bears defense choked a season away.

ftfy

Dal @ LAR.  This is a tough one.  But the better teams have exposed where the Rams are weak, and I think Dallas is just good enough to exploit those weaknesses.
IND @ KC.  The Colts are hot.  I think they have what it takes to survive another week.
LAC @ NE.  NE can never be counted out in the playoffs with this coach and this QB.  But I think the Chargers are the stronger team.

If I had expressly picked this past weekend's games, I might very well have been 0 for 4!

As for next weekend, I'm having a very hard time picking against any of the home teams.  I supposed the Colts would be the most likely road winner.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2728 on: January 07, 2019, 01:49:26 PM »
Not sure if that means you are picking the home teams because home field advantage plays a role, or just because you think they are better.  But I will say that when it comes to home field advantage, I really don't think the Rams have anything other than just not having to travel. 

Offline rab7

« Reply #2729 on: January 07, 2019, 01:52:02 PM »
The kick was tipped at best, grazed at worst. It was not blocked. Blocked kicks don't make it to the goalpost.

The NFL has officially credited Hester with a Block