3 (3.6%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
1 (1.2%)
Washington Redskins
1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: 2018 NFL Thread - The Dynasty  (Read 185122 times)

Online Dream Team

Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Showdown no longer South of the Border
« Reply #2030 on: November 18, 2018, 01:06:22 PM »
Yeah they just can’t figure the Jags out. Unbelievable. How does Jax play so intense against the Steelers and suck against everyone else? Just a suffocating defense today.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2031 on: November 18, 2018, 01:12:43 PM »
I didn't notice it in the replay (I was looking high, not low) but Alex Smith's injury is apparently a carbon copy of Theismond's. A fact JT pointed out within 3 minutes of the injury.

Even crazier, Theismann's injury also happened on November 18th.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2032 on: November 18, 2018, 01:16:28 PM »
I didn't notice it in the replay (I was looking high, not low) but Alex Smith's injury is apparently a carbon copy of Theismond's. A fact JT pointed out within 3 minutes of the injury.

Yikes! See you in the broadcast booth, Alex. Please talk less than Joe.

Even crazier, Theismann's injury also happened on November 18th.

Wow!
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2033 on: November 18, 2018, 02:02:31 PM »
The Skins just got hosed with an imaginary D-holding call. It cost them 2 timeouts and 1 minute at the end of the game with two minutes left.

Moreover, D-holding shoudn't be an automatic 1st down. That's one of a few tweaks the league needs to do to restore some defense to the game.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online Dream Team

« Reply #2034 on: November 18, 2018, 02:17:25 PM »
What a comeback. I love this team, and Ben.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #2035 on: November 18, 2018, 04:36:22 PM »
Amazing how the refs missed that Keenum's knees weren't down before he crossed the goal line with the ball. It's only right now for that blown call to be the difference in this game  :facepalm:

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #2036 on: November 18, 2018, 05:12:01 PM »
What a win for the Broncos!!! I know they're most likely not going anywhere, but that's the most exciting win in a long time for Denver... and a great way to end an ugly losing streak on the road against divisional opponents.  :metal

Online Dream Team

« Reply #2037 on: November 18, 2018, 05:16:30 PM »
Wow, Broncos and Raiders both made game-winning kicks at almost the exact same time for almost the exact same score.

Two games today of 23-21, one 24-21, one of 23-22, one of 22-19, one 20-19, one 20-16. Crazy
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 05:29:25 PM by Dream Team »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2038 on: November 18, 2018, 05:29:29 PM »
Meanwhile, the Saints just completely steamrolled the defending champs.  There is always the fear that they are peaking too soon, but if they keep this up, no one will beat them in the postseason.

Online Dream Team

« Reply #2039 on: November 18, 2018, 05:34:27 PM »
Meanwhile, the Saints just completely steamrolled the defending champs.  There is always the fear that they are peaking too soon, but if they keep this up, no one will beat them in the postseason.

Word. The Saints just have to play their normal game, nothing spectacular, and the Lombardi is theirs.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2040 on: November 18, 2018, 06:34:15 PM »

UGH.  Gruesome.  I got to meet Joe once about ten years ago - nicest guy in the world - and after he left where we were I happened to notice.... he walked like a 95-year-old man.  I don't think it was all that injury, but it couldn't have helped.

Bart, how'd you see that Cowboys win coming?   That's a nice call.

I stuck with the Raiders for a couple of weeks of bad losses that pushed me down to, what, fourth or fifth, and the week I finally bail on them, they pull one out.  WTF. 

And can the Eagles be the new example (ala Pat Mahomes) to stop annointing players/teams the next Patriots/Packers after one season?  I have no doubt that Wentz will be great, but it's not as easy as people think. 

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2041 on: November 18, 2018, 10:05:01 PM »
Ready for tomorrows showdown!  We will be doing a shortened tailgate.  The Rams called me today and threw me a bone.  For spending the $$ to go to the Mex city game, then not, they are offering us an opportunity and trying to make some amends.  We get to go on the field for the pregame warm up 90 mins before the start of the game.  Looking forward to a great day!  Hoping the game lives up to the hype....which I'm thinking it will!  Culminating in a Rams win!!!!!!!

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2042 on: November 18, 2018, 11:00:52 PM »
Whoa!  Alex Smith’s leg!  That was narly!  No true fan of football ever wants to see that happen to anyone.  My best wishes for his speedy recovery!
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #2043 on: November 19, 2018, 12:10:27 AM »
Carbon Copy of Joe Theismann’s injury
Joe’s injury also occurred on November 18
Joe was in attendance at the Redskin’s game
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #2044 on: November 19, 2018, 07:43:36 AM »
What a comeback. I love this team, and Ben.

I have no clue how Ben pulled it together after such a horrible start to somehow win that game. Crazy.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2045 on: November 19, 2018, 08:38:45 AM »

UGH.  Gruesome.  I got to meet Joe once about ten years ago - nicest guy in the world - and after he left where we were I happened to notice.... he walked like a 95-year-old man.  I don't think it was all that injury, but it couldn't have helped.

Bart, how'd you see that Cowboys win coming?   That's a nice call.

I stuck with the Raiders for a couple of weeks of bad losses that pushed me down to, what, fourth or fifth, and the week I finally bail on them, they pull one out.  WTF. 

And can the Eagles be the new example (ala Pat Mahomes) to stop annointing players/teams the next Patriots/Packers after one season?  I have no doubt that Wentz will be great, but it's not as easy as people think.
Atlanta's run D is pretty weak, and Amari Cooper has given Dallas a more rounded offense for him to work in. I was honestly expecting a much bigger game from Zeke. Moreover these teams are going in opposite directions. Lastly, Dallas has a respectable pass D.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2046 on: November 19, 2018, 08:44:00 AM »
Ready for tomorrows showdown!  We will be doing a shortened tailgate.  The Rams called me today and threw me a bone.  For spending the $$ to go to the Mex city game, then not, they are offering us an opportunity and trying to make some amends.  We get to go on the field for the pregame warm up 90 mins before the start of the game.  Looking forward to a great day!  Hoping the game lives up to the hype....which I'm thinking it will!  Culminating in a Rams win!!!!!!!

That's awesome. Enjoy.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2047 on: November 19, 2018, 08:48:00 AM »

That's awesome. Enjoy.

Yea that's pretty sick and for MNF too, actually a great game on the slate tonight.  Have fun, I guess it may still not make up for the expenses to go to Mexico City, but it's really nice of the franchise to do something for the fans.

Offline robbob

« Reply #2048 on: November 19, 2018, 10:03:32 AM »
Nice win for the Bears, not the best game for Tribusky, but offense did enough. That Defense is pretty damn good at all 3 levels.
They play the Rams in a few weeks, could be a preview to a playoff game.
Too bad for Alex Smith, always been a true Pro, hoping for a quick recovery. I really thought the Eagles would pull away from the pack and take the division, certainly doesn't look like that now, what a disappointment. Cowboys winning the NFC East ?? They should,solid team with the addition of Cooper and defense playing well.
Only issue with the Saints is, are the peaking too early ? It's happened multiple times to other teams. But they are definitely the front runner in the NFC.

AFC - Chargers should have beat the Broncos, horrible mistake by Rivers. Steelers are the Steelers, can never count them out in a game. But, can they beat the Patriots in the playoffs ? Chiefs are the Chiefs, usually fading at the end of the season or in the playoffs, I'm hoping this is their year to get to the SB for the 1st time in decades.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2049 on: November 19, 2018, 04:58:39 PM »
That injury to Alex Smith was beyond awful. Here's hoping he can recover!

I always defend Rivers as being underrated, but his decision at the end of yesterday's game was inexplicable.  He basically gave the Broncos an extra 40 seconds by throwing the ball away instead of taking the 3rd down sack and letting the clock run. 

The Vikings have other issues, but I wonder if they are having buyer's remorse in regards to Kirk Cousins.  He looks like the NFC's version of Andy Dalton (yes, I stole that from Cowherd, who said that today :P :lol).

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2050 on: November 19, 2018, 06:49:59 PM »
So if you're Daniel Snyder how do you not consider bringing in Kaepernick? I've been a staunch defender of teams that don't want to hire him because I understand the complications you'd be saddling your team with. He's not good enough to start, and as a backup he's not worth the hassle. Yet this is a perfect opportunity for everybody. Necessity provides you cover from the naysayers, and in the middle of the season you're already adept at dodging the distractions the media will create. In the meantime, you're leading your division heading into the home stretch, and your starting QB is suddenly Colt McCoy. The available pool of backups is EJ Manuel, Kellen Clemens, Mark Sanchez, and TJ Yates. Is there really any argument that Kap isn't good enough for Washington?
E.F. Benson

Online Dream Team

« Reply #2051 on: November 19, 2018, 07:39:30 PM »
All I need is for Gurley to have an average game and I’ll win in fantasy. So the Rams have been in the red zone 3 times already and have not given the ball to him once  :facepalm:

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2052 on: November 19, 2018, 07:42:14 PM »
So if you're Daniel Snyder how do you not consider bringing in Kaepernick? I've been a staunch defender of teams that don't want to hire him because I understand the complications you'd be saddling your team with. He's not good enough to start, and as a backup he's not worth the hassle. Yet this is a perfect opportunity for everybody. Necessity provides you cover from the naysayers, and in the middle of the season you're already adept at dodging the distractions the media will create. In the meantime, you're leading your division heading into the home stretch, and your starting QB is suddenly Colt McCoy. The available pool of backups is EJ Manuel, Kellen Clemens, Mark Sanchez, and TJ Yates. Is there really any argument that Kap isn't good enough for Washington?

Kap was dynamite for a couple of years. With good coaching why couldn't he be good again? But at this point, he'd bring such a sideshow with him.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2053 on: November 19, 2018, 07:59:51 PM »
This MNF crew is so awful. 

Fun game, despite very little defense.  I am sure the NFL loves this, since they've made it to where it is difficult to play defense, but these games where both offenses just go up and down the field at will get tiresome after a while.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2054 on: November 19, 2018, 08:08:20 PM »
It already has gotten tiresome.
E.F. Benson

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #2055 on: November 19, 2018, 08:22:29 PM »

The NFL totally blackballed the guy... they're too worried about their ratings plummeting from all the fans that got their panties in a bunch over the whole kneeling thing. The Nike commercial got that crowd even more riled up and made it all but impossible for him to ever return to the league, in my opinion.

Anyway, I totally agree with you (and Kev) on the rule changes getting tiresome. It seems like we may have seen the last truly dominant defenses in the 2015 Broncos and 2013/2014 Seahawks. Hopefully that's not the case  :sadpanda:

Offline Darkstarshades

« Reply #2056 on: November 19, 2018, 08:37:57 PM »
Idk guys, I just read that the NFL is coming to Mexico in 2019 anyway
Jatruccyundessgini

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2057 on: November 19, 2018, 08:49:54 PM »
Holy fuckin’ shit!  This game is crazy!!!
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2058 on: November 19, 2018, 09:02:08 PM »

The NFL totally blackballed the guy... they're too worried about their ratings plummeting from all the fans that got their panties in a bunch over the whole kneeling thing. The Nike commercial got that crowd even more riled up and made it all but impossible for him to ever return to the league, in my opinion.
Initially I thought the collusion lawsuit against the league was bullshit. Teams have very good reasons to not want to deal with the guy. That's looking less and less reasonable to me as time goes by, though. It won't go anywhere; a federal judge will eventually conclude that players aren't legally people. Still, unless you're the sort of person that actually thinks Mark Sanchez is a viable option then it's hard not to see some merit in his cause.

Anyway, I totally agree with you (and Kev) on the rule changes getting tiresome. It seems like we may have seen the last truly dominant defenses in the 2015 Broncos and 2013/2014 Seahawks. Hopefully that's not the case  :sadpanda:
Thankfully, in this game it's actually big plays on D that are making the difference. I don't generally want to see 48-42 games, but this one isn't bad. More often than not they are, though.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2059 on: November 19, 2018, 09:07:23 PM »
Hill that open? Holy crap
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2060 on: November 19, 2018, 09:18:01 PM »
I think we're gonna see 21 points and 3 lead changes in the final 2 minutes.
E.F. Benson

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2061 on: November 19, 2018, 09:54:38 PM »
Holy fuckin’ shit!  This game is crazy!!!
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2062 on: November 19, 2018, 10:06:27 PM »
Best game I ever saw!  Major mistakes by Hill and Mahomes at the end.  All they needed to was 3 points to tie.  Hill sacrificed field position on that punt.  Should’ve let it go.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #2063 on: November 19, 2018, 10:43:28 PM »
Best game I've ever seen!!! Holy shit!!!  I'mma have a heart attack! It's gonna be hard to sleep tonight.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2064 on: November 20, 2018, 06:35:17 AM »
I read that the 14 TDs scored by the Chiefs and Rams last night are more than the Bills have scored all season.   :o