3 (3.6%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
1 (1.2%)
Washington Redskins
1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: 2018 NFL Thread - The Dynasty  (Read 185192 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Steel City Slaughter
« Reply #1925 on: November 11, 2018, 01:43:29 PM »
Whole team...play much? :facepalm: :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1926 on: November 11, 2018, 02:26:17 PM »
Marcus Mariota has 5 TD's all year.  Today he had 2 in the 1st quarter.  This Pats D gives me ulcers.

The same D that held Rodgers to 17 points last week?

I would think the clear slippage of Tom Brady would be giving you ulcers.  He is still really good, but is clearly on the decline.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1927 on: November 11, 2018, 02:37:48 PM »
His throws were way off today.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1928 on: November 11, 2018, 02:39:46 PM »
I think I know more than you about our local team Kev.  Every year the team wins championships it's about balance.   You'll get the occasional team winning it once with an unbalanced team.

I figured you'd know what championship fans set as standards.

Come at me brah! :lol

Though it really is true.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1929 on: November 11, 2018, 03:03:29 PM »
Marcus Mariota has 5 TD's all year.  Today he had 2 in the 1st quarter.  This Pats D gives me ulcers.

The same D that held Rodgers to 17 points last week?

I would think the clear slippage of Tom Brady would be giving you ulcers.  He is still really good, but is clearly on the decline.
I haven't really seen that. What I saw today was 12 playing terrified as there was no protection around him. Being in his face every play has always been the key to beating Brady, even when he was in his prime. That's what we saw today. His suckiness was a result of Tenn's front seven, which includes shutting down the NE run game.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1930 on: November 11, 2018, 03:18:53 PM »
I've seen that all the time.  Put pressure on any QB and their play drops. When your D is that bad you have to play perfect and Brady was far from that but the rest of the O was worse.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1931 on: November 11, 2018, 03:24:09 PM »
NFL fans want to look at the off season turmoil at the be all, end all.  Brady not being there for all of the OTA's hurt him.  Not at the level at the GM'S off season and the lost of trust after the SB

This D is so bad that no one person should overcome it.  Ask Peyton.   The one year the Colts won he was average and the D was stellar.   Every other year he was stellar,  they didn't win.

Why was that?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1932 on: November 11, 2018, 03:54:47 PM »
I will ask again: the same D that held Rodgers to 17 points last week?

Coming into this week, New England was 11th in the NFL in points allowed per game.  But apparently that is too much to ask the (alleged) GOAT to overcome?  Peyton Manning would have loved for some of those "bad" defenses in Indy to have ranked 11th in the NFL in points allowed.

Also, Brady's slippage is apparent if you watch him play this year.  He doesn't look the same.  His numbers are way down (TDs, YPA, QBR, etc.), and the eye test tells the tale as well.  He has 1 TD pass in the last three games (and that was a fluke, as he overthrew Edelman and lucked out when it went right to Josh Gordon).

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1933 on: November 11, 2018, 04:23:27 PM »
Every dog has it's day.  It's also at home where bad defenses play better and Green Bay is not a great team.

The D of the Pats will not allow them to get to the AFC championship game.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1934 on: November 11, 2018, 04:28:19 PM »
So Tell me where Peyton carried a team to a SB.  Tell me Kev? Don't tell me the 2 he won.  We know both was not about him.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1935 on: November 11, 2018, 05:44:16 PM »
Why are you changing the subject?  ???

This is about Brady and the Patriots D.

The Patriots D was 11th coming into this week in points allowed per game (better than the 3 other real contenders in the AFC - KC, Pittsburgh and the Chargers).  Their D is not great, but their "bend but don't break" philosophy works as long as the offense holds up their end of the bargain.

Do you think Brady is still playing as good as he ever has? 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1936 on: November 11, 2018, 05:50:43 PM »
In other news, the Rams D tried like hell to give that game away at the end, but held on.  For as much talent as they have on D, they sure are underachieving.  The offense has bailed them out most weeks thus far, but they are playing with fire.

The Saints look like THE team to beat right now in the entire league.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1937 on: November 11, 2018, 06:03:00 PM »
No but the D is worse than the #'s.  You well know #'s don't tell the truth. I think I know more about the Pats than other teams.

You think I'm being a homer? You know me better. Brady playing sub par leads to 7-3. 9-1 would say the D is better.  We here in N.E. have different standards for obvious reasons.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1938 on: November 11, 2018, 06:07:09 PM »
Their D was so bad today, Joe, that I almost drew up a play for you and I.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1939 on: November 11, 2018, 06:19:54 PM »
Lol. Brady gets them to 7-3. Winning Superbowls takes a team effort.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1940 on: November 11, 2018, 09:05:31 PM »
I never said you were a homer, but I have seen enough online chatter over the years to know that Patriots fans have been conditioned to defend Brady to the death, while always blaming almost any failure on Belichick and/or the defense, and last year's Super Bowl only made it worse. 

Do you think Brady is still consistently playing at an elite level?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1941 on: November 12, 2018, 03:49:37 AM »
I answered you all ready. No.  But like other elite players, their play is affected by bad play around them.

Every fan thinks great players never fail but they fail all the time.   

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1942 on: November 12, 2018, 05:57:11 AM »
Speaking of fail, the 2018 Philadelphia Eagles.  I predicted they would have a Super Bowl hangover, as they seemed too fat and sassy all off season, but this is a much severe drop that even I thought there'd be.  Their defense looks pathetic and Wentz doesn't look like the stud he was in 2017.  Makes you wonder how much they miss the assistant coaches they lost.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1943 on: November 12, 2018, 06:09:03 AM »
Right now, 3 teams look like the teams to beat.  Rams, Saints & KC.  KC at home for the AFC Championship game.  First time they'll have that in a long, long time.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1944 on: November 12, 2018, 07:04:43 AM »
Speaking of fail, the 2018 Philadelphia Eagles.  I predicted they would have a Super Bowl hangover, as they seemed too fat and sassy all off season, but this is a much severe drop that even I thought there'd be.  Their defense looks pathetic and Wentz doesn't look like the stud he was in 2017.  Makes you wonder how much they miss the assistant coaches they lost.
Boy, no kidding.  The Eagles have been my biggest surprise of the year.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1945 on: November 12, 2018, 07:14:34 AM »
All that bragging and having "fun" was too much I guess.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1946 on: November 12, 2018, 07:32:29 AM »
I lived in Philly, I love Philly and almost everything about the City.

Except the Eagles.   

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1947 on: November 12, 2018, 08:24:53 AM »
Understandable.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1948 on: November 12, 2018, 08:29:31 AM »
KC still does not have a defense I trust.  Not that the Patriots or Steelers have defenses that I trust a lot either, but the Chiefs is the worst of the bunch.  And it remains to be seen how well that offense will do in the elements in January.  Heck, they still need to win their division. The overlooked Chargers look as good as anybody in the AFC and are only a game behind the Chiefs in the loss column.

If the Saints and Rams secure the 1 and 2 seeds in the NFC, which seems like a good bet, neither will have to play in the elements in January.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1949 on: November 12, 2018, 08:44:54 AM »
KC still does not have a defense I trust.  Not that the Patriots or Steelers have defenses that I trust a lot either, but the Chiefs is the worst of the bunch.  And it remains to be seen how well that offense will do in the elements in January.  Heck, they still need to win their division. The overlooked Chargers look as good as anybody in the AFC and are only a game behind the Chiefs in the loss column.

If the Saints and Rams secure the 1 and 2 seeds in the NFC, which seems like a good bet, neither will have to play in the elements in January.

Home field for KC is big though.  They will have to lose 2 and the Pats run the table to lose the #1.  Pats still have the Vikings in MN and the Steelers at home.  The rest are easy games.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1950 on: November 12, 2018, 08:47:53 AM »
Actually, the Chiefs could win the rest of their games except one and still not win the division.  If they lose to the Chargers and the Chargers win out, both would be 14-2 and the Chargers would have the tiebreaker (better conference record) and win the division.  Seems unlikely, but stranger things have happened.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1951 on: November 12, 2018, 08:51:19 AM »
Yup but I just don't look at the Chargers that way.  I could be so wrong and swayed by their past history.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1952 on: November 12, 2018, 09:49:07 AM »
I think the Eagles are a prime example of why we shouldn't be assuming too much about the Chiefs at this point. 

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Showdown South of the Border
« Reply #1953 on: November 13, 2018, 10:41:35 AM »
^Yeah, and I wouldn't assume too much about the Saints or Rams either, as good as they are.  Still a long way to go.

It was cool to see Eli get his 36th 4th qtr comeback win last night.  Good stuff against the Niners.  :tup
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1954 on: November 13, 2018, 11:29:50 AM »
Actually, the Chiefs could win the rest of their games except one and still not win the division.  If they lose to the Chargers and the Chargers win out, both would be 14-2 and the Chargers would have the tiebreaker (better conference record) and win the division.  Seems unlikely, but stranger things have happened.

Not likely, but I hope the Chiefs find a way to lose the rest of their games and miss the playoffs entirely.   
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1955 on: November 13, 2018, 01:33:36 PM »

It was cool to see Eli get his 36th 4th qtr comeback win last night. 

It's gonna be so gross when voters stick their heads up their asses and vote him into the Hall of Fame.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1956 on: November 13, 2018, 02:12:15 PM »
Starting to get really anxious about this Azteca stadium field condition debacle.  We've planned this game/trip all season.  Sure hope it doesn't have to be moved or postponed.  We've already spent well over a grand on air, hotel, and game tix.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1957 on: November 13, 2018, 02:57:00 PM »
Starting to get really anxious about this Azteca stadium field condition debacle.  We've planned this game/trip all season.  Sure hope it doesn't have to be moved or postponed.  We've already spent well over a grand on air, hotel, and game tix.
Where ya staying? I just committed to going back to DF next year. I've always done pretty well with AirBNB down there.

And if you're near Bellas Artes/Zocallo grab breakfast at el Cardenal. Very nice experience.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Showdown no longer South of the Border
« Reply #1958 on: November 13, 2018, 03:26:10 PM »
WELP... staying nowhere now.  We're sick to our fucking stomachs right now.  We were looking forward to this game since it was announced.

We were staying at an Air B'n'B' in Polanco.  The wifes on the site now trying to cancel.  Airlines already told us were fucked, but pretty much knew that.

Offline rab7

Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Showdown no longer South of the Border
« Reply #1959 on: November 13, 2018, 03:39:40 PM »
Sorry to hear that. Do you have plans to just go anyway and have a mini-vacation?