3 (3.6%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
1 (1.2%)
Washington Redskins
1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: 2018 NFL Thread - The Dynasty  (Read 185099 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Making it look Breesy
« Reply #1890 on: November 07, 2018, 09:09:26 AM »
Indeed
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1891 on: November 07, 2018, 10:37:10 AM »
Dez dropped it. And by "it" I mean his signature on a one year deal with the 7-1 Saints.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1892 on: November 07, 2018, 11:02:11 AM »
I sent him a meme after the game Sunday night. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1893 on: November 07, 2018, 01:03:32 PM »
I'm sure the Saints offense will figure out how to get Dez the ball but yeah, catching it is another story.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1894 on: November 07, 2018, 02:33:26 PM »
Just saw that for Ben’s last 16 games, it’s 5,218 yards 39 td’s only 13 picks. Playing very well but under the radar. Needs to keep that pace going because Saints, Chargers, and Patriots are still on the schedule.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1895 on: November 07, 2018, 05:27:14 PM »
The Saints will probably use Dez the way the Patriots use C. Patterson: a specialty player that they know can only do a few things and will only use him in those ways.  Dez is a poor route runner and would probably get lost on those plays where the Saints do a lot of motion to get someone open, but he should be able to make a few plays on a game with they spread it out and he can run a fly pattern or a quick slant where he can catch it and run.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1896 on: November 08, 2018, 10:40:25 AM »
He also makes a good decoy to draw defenders away from better route runners.  The problem in Dallas was, he doesn't like the decoy role because he wants the ball all the time.  He's better in red zone situations when the ball is thrown high towards the back of the endzone.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1897 on: November 08, 2018, 11:47:51 AM »
I don't like the Dez pickup on it's face.  They are HOT, they are on a roll, why disrupt the apple cart?  Is he a game-changer at this point?   Unless it's somehow a message to that dude that planted the cellphone in the endzone...

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1898 on: November 08, 2018, 03:09:21 PM »
I don't like the Dez pickup on it's face.  They are HOT, they are on a roll, why disrupt the apple cart?  Is he a game-changer at this point?   Unless it's somehow a message to that dude that planted the cellphone in the endzone...

They are thin at the position. His signing came at the same time Cam Meredith went on IR.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #1899 on: November 08, 2018, 05:17:00 PM »
The Patriots play in  Nashville Sunday.  Do the Titans have a realistic chance to beat them?
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #1900 on: November 08, 2018, 06:16:51 PM »
Steel Panther was just on the Thursday night pre game show. Good stuff.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #1901 on: November 08, 2018, 08:19:56 PM »

Definitely not that. Michael Thomas is revered as a god in this town and he's only another year or two from the braindead sports media waking up from the coma they've been in sleeping on him and realizing that Julio and Antonio are the only better receivers than him in the league and he might be even money with them by then. Obviously not by body of work, but just judging all three of them at their current (as in current in 2020) skill and production levels.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1902 on: November 08, 2018, 08:34:02 PM »
This is one of the best games I’ve seen the Steelers play.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Steel City Slaughter
« Reply #1903 on: November 08, 2018, 09:19:08 PM »
Seems like the Steelers always have a game like this every year, where they annihilate the crap out of a good team on national TV (Titans last year, Chiefs the year before).  One thing is clear: their offense doesn't miss or need Le'Veon Bell.

Oh, and that pick-6 Cam threw in the first quarter was Dilfer-esque.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #1904 on: November 09, 2018, 01:48:11 AM »

If you keep making statements like this Stads is going to propose marriage!!!   :lol
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1905 on: November 09, 2018, 06:33:23 AM »
Wow,  what an ass-whipping we took last night.  I think the Steelers just scored again.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1906 on: November 09, 2018, 07:12:08 AM »
Seems like the Steelers always have a game like this every year, where they annihilate the crap out of a good team on national TV (Titans last year, Chiefs the year before).  One thing is clear: their offense doesn't miss or need Le'Veon Bell.

Connor left the game early, so as long as he's not hurt - I agree. The best thing for the Steelers at this point would be for Bell to never play as a Steeler again. He's (Bell) has pushed this too far, the team is clicking, Connor is surprisingly good, bringing Bell in and making him the starter makes no sense.

That said - I can totally see Tomlin doing exactly that  :lol

Oh also, did they say on the broadcast last night that Ben threw more TDs than incompletions? That's crazy.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1907 on: November 09, 2018, 08:14:09 AM »
Yeah, he did.  5 TDs, 3 incomplete passes.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1908 on: November 09, 2018, 08:35:29 AM »
Hef, you had to be like the goal in Slapshot in your chair last night.  Shell shocked.  I never expected that.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1909 on: November 09, 2018, 08:37:36 AM »
Yeah, he did.  5 TDs, 3 incomplete passes.

Huh, that's pretty cool. Good stuff from Ben.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1910 on: November 09, 2018, 09:31:24 AM »
Now will they finally slap Jacksonville? They seem ripe for the picking.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1911 on: November 09, 2018, 09:54:20 AM »
Oh no, I missed another boring TNF game.  Did Cam cry in the press conference?  :'(

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1912 on: November 09, 2018, 12:36:03 PM »
Pre-Week 10 Power Rankings...

I don't think ANY football fan who has been paying attention can take any power rankings that does not include the 49ers in the top 10 seriously.  What a joke.  I'll make sure to refer back to this failure of a ranking after week 17 when the 49ers have won out and taken the NFC west.

:rollin  Okay, but seriously...

Man, the Steelers looked like SUCH a complete, dominant force last night.  I have not really been following, but if they have been playing this consistently good this season, they are a force to be reckoned with. 

Yes to all of that.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1913 on: November 09, 2018, 02:19:49 PM »
And Dez might be done for the year

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1914 on: November 09, 2018, 02:20:43 PM »
The Steelers will still be unpredictable.  They usually are throughout the course any given season.

This just in...Dez Bryant is the Saints Achilles heel.   :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1915 on: November 11, 2018, 06:34:52 AM »

Connor left the game early, so as long as he's not hurt - I agree. The best thing for the Steelers at this point would be for Bell to never play as a Steeler again. He's (Bell) has pushed this too far, the team is clicking, Connor is surprisingly good, bringing Bell in and making him the starter makes no sense.

There are now reports that Bell will not report at all to the Steelers this year.  That is the best thing for the team, honestly.  With the way the offense is rolling, they don't need Bell to come in with his drama and mess things up. 

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1916 on: November 11, 2018, 11:04:02 AM »
I'm cool with the loss of Bryant since the Saints are still an absolute force without him. I would've liked to have gotten to see what he could've added to our offense but every Saints fan also had at least about 5-10% worrying in the back of their minds about the potential for him to throw off team chemistry. The front office did the right thing signing him for $600k so it was basically as low risk as humanly possible since I think that's either the league minimum for someone as tenured as him or very close to it.

I assume he's probably gone the second he becomes a free agent anyway so this was more than likely a one-year loaner that just ended prematurely.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1917 on: November 11, 2018, 11:43:13 AM »
Todd Bowles can’t survive this week. I’ve been a defender of his since the beginning of his stint with the Jets because they’ve been rebuilding but you still have to field a competitive team, and this group of guys simply isn’t playing hard for him.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1918 on: November 11, 2018, 12:07:36 PM »
Marcus Mariota has 5 TD's all year.  Today he had 2 in the 1st quarter.  This Pats D gives me ulcers.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1919 on: November 11, 2018, 12:10:52 PM »
Todd Bowles can’t survive this week. I’ve been a defender of his since the beginning of his stint with the Jets because they’ve been rebuilding but you still have to field a competitive team, and this group of guys simply isn’t playing hard for him.

It's too bad. Seemed like they had themselves a coach in the beginning.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1920 on: November 11, 2018, 12:15:15 PM »

It's too bad. Seemed like they had themselves a coach in the beginning.

That’s how it goes with the Jets. It happened with Rex, Mangini, and Herm as well. A year or two of moderate success in the beginning followed by several years of mediocrity and excuses.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1921 on: November 11, 2018, 12:19:31 PM »
I don't think it's the coach.  I like him.  Player personal.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1922 on: November 11, 2018, 12:39:52 PM »
I'm cool with the loss of Bryant since the Saints are still an absolute force without him. I would've liked to have gotten to see what he could've added to our offense but every Saints fan also had at least about 5-10% worrying in the back of their minds about the potential for him to throw off team chemistry. The front office did the right thing signing him for $600k so it was basically as low risk as humanly possible since I think that's either the league minimum for someone as tenured as him or very close to it.

I assume he's probably gone the second he becomes a free agent anyway so this was more than likely a one-year loaner that just ended prematurely.

The Saints look completely unstoppable. Looking forward to their Steelers matchup, should be a fun shootout.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1923 on: November 11, 2018, 01:07:21 PM »
Indeed. I never thought I'd see the day where any Saints offense would look more stout than the 2011 unit but, damn, these guys have done it. Gotta love having back to back seasons with winning streaks of at least 8 games.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1924 on: November 11, 2018, 01:42:11 PM »
Brady...run much? :facepalm: :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol