3 (3.6%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
1 (1.2%)
Washington Redskins
1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: 2018 NFL Thread - The Dynasty  (Read 185094 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Current Team : The New York Jets
« Reply #805 on: June 04, 2018, 05:32:15 PM »
Yeah, I was just reading about him. Fuck ALS.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #806 on: June 04, 2018, 08:38:30 PM »
My favorite Jets memory is when I got to see the Broncos for the first time in person at the Meadowlands back in 2008. That was the year Favre was a Jet and the Broncos were pretty big underdogs. It was a gloomy, windy and rainy day and Jay Cutler tore them apart for over 350 yards and 2 TDs. It's funny how Cutler always manages to have one or two games like that every season where he plays brilliant football. I was lucky to see that Jay show up for my first Bronco game.  :lol

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #807 on: June 04, 2018, 10:39:55 PM »
My favorite Jets memory is January 16th, 2011, when the Jets knocked the Patriots out of the playoffs. I don’t think I moved a muscle for that whole game out of sheer stress, but when Mark Sanchez took that final knee, I felt something I had never felt before as a Jets fan: pure elation. Sure that would be spoiled 7 days later as I felt my greatest heartbreak as a Jets fan, but that game in Foxborough will stay with me forever.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #808 on: June 06, 2018, 09:00:39 AM »
The Kansas City Chiefs
League Championships 1 (1969)

Up next are the Chiefs...a team that I've been hoping would be able to break up the recent New England/Pittsburgh dominance of the AFC. They have looked amazing at times, and terrible at times. Now Coach Reid is turning his young QB loose and seeing what he can do.

My Mount Rushmore would be Lamar Hunt, Len Dawson, Tony Gonzalez and Derrick Thomas

Love the uniforms and think that the helmet might be the best in the league.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #809 on: June 06, 2018, 09:50:25 AM »
The Kansas City Chiefs
League Championships 1 (1969)

Up next are the Chiefs...a team that I've been hoping would be able to break up the recent New England/Pittsburgh dominance of the AFC. They have looked amazing at times, and terrible at times. Now Coach Reid is turning his young QB loose and seeing what he can do.

My Mount Rushmore would be Lamar Hunt, Len Dawson, Tony Gonzalez and Derrick Thomas

Love the uniforms and think that the helmet might be the best in the league.

I agree on the Mt. Rushmore, but swap out Willie Lanier for Lamar Hunt (players only for me).

Most memorable game probably has to be Super Bowl 4 -- the last game before the merger and cemented the AFL's status as a truly competitive league worthy of merging with the NFL.  It's also a game that lives on in NFL Films footage by virtue of Hank Stram being miked up.  Beyond that, most of the memorable Chiefs games are (semi-)recent playoff failures:  the 1/4/98 divisional round loss to the Broncos that led to the Broncos first Super Bowl win, the 1/6/07 wild card game loss to the Colts, and the wild card game loss to Houston this past season.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Current Team : The Kansas City Chiefs
« Reply #810 on: June 06, 2018, 10:00:35 AM »
Yeah, I forgot to put my memorable games, but that Wild Card game against the Colts definitely tops the list for games I watched live. It's two regular season wins over New England stand out as well, the game that preceded "We're on to Cincinnati" and opening night last year. Of course New England went on to the Super Bowl in both instances, something Kansas City hasn't done in decades.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #811 on: June 06, 2018, 10:10:13 AM »
Mt. Rushmore will be hard.

Lenny D.; Derrick Thomas; Priest Holmes; Tony Gonzalez... but Jan Stenerud, Willie Lanier, Buck Buchanan, Willie Roaf and Larry Johnson all deserve mention.

I'm saving Joe Montana for SF, and Marcus Allen for Oakland (though he won't make the Mt. Rushmore, I can tell you that right now).

Offline pg1067

« Reply #812 on: June 06, 2018, 10:34:25 AM »
Mt. Rushmore will be hard.

Lenny D.; Derrick Thomas; Priest Holmes; Tony Gonzalez... but Jan Stenerud, Willie Lanier, Buck Buchanan, Willie Roaf and Larry Johnson all deserve mention.

Roaf only played for the Chiefs for a few years at the end of his career.  I would say he deserves mention with the Saints, but not the Chiefs.  Stenerud is a good one, although he's most memorable to me for kicks he missed than kicks he made.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #813 on: June 06, 2018, 01:26:21 PM »
So the Ravens just got fined and 2 OTA days taken away.  Must have done padded drills or something similar. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #814 on: June 06, 2018, 01:54:03 PM »
Can't believe no one has mentioned Christian Okoye. KC has had some great RB's over the years.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #815 on: June 06, 2018, 02:15:38 PM »
They had a great run of RB's.  Toughest place to play most NFL players say.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #816 on: June 06, 2018, 04:54:19 PM »
Priest Holmes had a short peak, but what a beast he was during that peak.

One of my favorite Chiefs moments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljKVNHzBiSs

:coolio :hat

Offline pg1067

« Reply #817 on: June 06, 2018, 05:15:37 PM »
Can't believe no one has mentioned Christian Okoye. KC has had some great RB's over the years.

Dude had a six year career, exceeding 1,000 yards only twice (and one of those times by only 31 yards) and never scoring more than 12 touchdowns in a season.  His best season was very good, but he's hardly a candidate for a "Mt. Rushmore" for a team with as much history as the Chiefs.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #818 on: June 06, 2018, 08:48:48 PM »
As a Denver fan, there aren't many KC wins that I enjoy, but that opening night win over NE last season was awesome.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #819 on: June 07, 2018, 07:47:22 AM »
Priest Holmes had a short peak, but what a beast he was during that peak.

One of my favorite Chiefs moments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljKVNHzBiSs

:coolio :hat

He and Peyton Manning carried me to two fantasy football wins in three years in a league I was in with some high school buddies.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #820 on: June 07, 2018, 12:06:38 PM »
Julian Edelman 4 game suspension for PED's. The TB12 method eh?

Are we really surprised anymore when players are injured they take PED's to get back on the field?

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #821 on: June 07, 2018, 12:10:45 PM »
Julian Edelman 4 game suspension for PED's. The TB12 method eh?

Are we really surprised anymore when players are injured they take PED's to get back on the field?

I guess I'll stop taking him in my mock drafts....

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #822 on: June 07, 2018, 12:17:21 PM »
I'll be curious to find out what it was. I'm somewhat torn on PEDs. I'd just as soon see steroids banned from the game, but at this point who really understands what qualify nowadays. The stories of people taking normal supplements only to find there's some small component of a banned substance in there has made me a bit gun-shy about the way it's enforced. Thankfully, the NFL isn't the Olympics yet, but I don't want to see it heading down that path.

Also, blaming the TB Method seems like a reach. I don't pay much attention to it so you might be dead on, but it seems like if it were something Gurerro were handing out there'd be more people failing tests.

And I can't help but notice that the failed test happened shortly after the Kentucky Derby.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #823 on: June 07, 2018, 12:20:21 PM »
El Barto.  I was being sarcastic about the TB12 method.  I was beating the haters to the punch.

If I ran the league all could use PED's when hurt.  They destroy their bodies for our entertainment.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #824 on: June 07, 2018, 12:25:13 PM »
And I can't help but notice that the failed test happened shortly after the Kentucky Derby.

Hmmm...I've never seen Julian Edelman and Justify in the same room at the same time....

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #825 on: June 07, 2018, 12:30:56 PM »
He got his horse steroids from Gronk's horse. :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #826 on: June 07, 2018, 12:35:33 PM »
El Barto.  I was being sarcastic about the TB12 method.  I was beating the haters to the punch.

Why do you have to be a hater to question TB12 and Guererro? He is Edelman’s trainer isn’t he?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #827 on: June 07, 2018, 12:38:18 PM »

Why do you have to be a hater to question TB12 and Guererro? He is Edelman’s trainer isn’t he?

Tim, come on now.  You don't think that's the first thing other will say?

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #828 on: June 07, 2018, 12:40:32 PM »

If I ran the league all could use PED's when hurt.  They destroy their bodies for our entertainment.
Yeah, time to reassess the performance benefits of Rotenone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAdG-iTilWU
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #829 on: June 07, 2018, 12:42:00 PM »

I would be surprised if players were allowed to take supplements from non-team trainers, just for this reason. If they are and Guererro has a hand in Edelman's suspension then a change would very definitely be in order.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #830 on: June 07, 2018, 12:43:11 PM »
This is the first Pats player suspended for PED's in 10 years.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #832 on: June 07, 2018, 12:44:37 PM »

I would be surprised if players were allowed to take supplements from non-team trainers, just for this reason. If they are and Guererro has a hand in Edelman's suspension then a change would very definitely be in order.

There is a list in the CBA that gives the banned substances.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #834 on: June 07, 2018, 12:49:47 PM »
I think that's actually a pretty good reason. It'll look terrible for him because of who he is and what he's done, but I can certainly understand why somebody would take that stance.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #835 on: June 07, 2018, 12:54:39 PM »
I think that's actually a pretty good reason. It'll look terrible for him because of who he is and what he's done, but I can certainly understand why somebody would take that stance.

Did I miss something? What is his reasoning?  He doesn't want to be roasted by other inductees?  He's whining because he feels he didn't get in quick enough?   I'm not sure I agree that that's a legit stance. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #836 on: June 07, 2018, 12:56:03 PM »

You stated the answer. it's bad for him. 

Offline pg1067

« Reply #837 on: June 07, 2018, 01:08:04 PM »

Did I miss something? What is his reasoning?  He doesn't want to be roasted by other inductees?  He's whining because he feels he didn't get in quick enough?   I'm not sure I agree that that's a legit stance.

Yeah...I didn't see an actual reason given.  Saying that he "wish[es] to celebrate what will be one of the most memorable days of [his] life, elsewhere" and "at a later date" simply begs the question.  The worst part of it is that he felt the need "to publicly decline [the] invitation to attend the induction ceremony."  It's one thing not to attend, but making a vague, public statement about it is nothing but attention-mongering.  Epic douchebag.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #838 on: June 07, 2018, 01:10:30 PM »
I'm already thinking ahead to the 49ers Mt. Rushmore.  I mean, I think there are probably four easy choices.  But there are so many potential legitimate runners-up that it's a shame don't make the cut, one of whom is Dwight Clark.  Anyway, I don't mean to get ahead of myself...
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #839 on: June 07, 2018, 01:11:17 PM »
"... After visiting Canton earlier this year, I came to the realization that I wish to celebrate what will be one of the most memorable days of my life, elsewhere."

I think people are expected to "take one for the team." I think plenty of players would much rather throw a big-ass party of their own with friends, teammates, and family to celebrate the crowning achievement of their professional career.

If Troy Aikman had said he didn't really like the scene in Canton all that much would anybody have really had a problem with it?
E.F. Benson