3 (3.6%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
1 (1.2%)
Washington Redskins
1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: 2018 NFL Thread - The Dynasty  (Read 185115 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2018 NFL Thread - The Draft
« Reply #525 on: April 26, 2018, 05:25:30 PM »
Sam Darnold might catch a major break by not getting drafted by the trainwreck that is the Browns.

I will LOL if the Browns take Mayfield 1st, which is the rumor.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #526 on: April 26, 2018, 06:02:35 PM »
Sam Darnold might catch a major break by not getting drafted by the trainwreck that is the Browns.

I will LOL if the Browns take Mayfield 1st, which is the rumor.

I think the Mayfield rumor is just smoke.

And Cleveland is no longer a Trainwreck. Dorsey is righting the ship.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #527 on: April 26, 2018, 06:07:06 PM »
Another warm welcome for the Commish

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #528 on: April 26, 2018, 06:07:27 PM »
lol at the booing, non stop booing for Goodell  :lol

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #529 on: April 26, 2018, 06:11:57 PM »
I'm thinking Darnold is the pick. He can sit behind Tyrod for a year.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #530 on: April 26, 2018, 06:17:26 PM »
Wow

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #531 on: April 26, 2018, 06:18:21 PM »
 :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Browns gonna Brown.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #532 on: April 26, 2018, 06:26:16 PM »
YES!!!  :metal :metal

Love the crowd reaction for that pick too

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #533 on: April 26, 2018, 06:28:05 PM »
Guess they believe in Davis Webb.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #534 on: April 26, 2018, 06:38:16 PM »

You know they don't, they are in win now mode and went with the best available which traditionally Giants do in first round.  But also, RB was a huge need.  Either way, I didn't personally love Darnold, but wouldn't of been mad if they invested more so in the future.  I'm a PSU alum and diehard fan, so seeing my favorite player the last two years now on my favorite NFL team is like a dream come true.  I am totally biased here.

Anyway, I shared this box score to my friends earlier
PSU vs USC Rose Bowl 2017
Great game (even for a loss for my team, I can admit this is classic) and look at those gaudy stats between Darnold and Barkley.  Both should do well in the NFL.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #535 on: April 26, 2018, 06:40:56 PM »
Crossing fingers the Jets get to take Baker Mayfield. Or if the Browns do indeed grab him with #1, that the Giants don't pull the trigger on Darnold. I am fine with either of those two on the Jets, but don't really feel the same about Rosen or Allen.

That worked out well. I would have been OK with Rosen, but definitely had DO NOT WANT stamped all over Allen.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #536 on: April 26, 2018, 06:41:58 PM »
Barkley was 1000000% the right pick. We've seen what Gurley, Fournette and of course Bell have meant to their teams. And the Giants have had a close look of how Zeke has impacted the Cowboys. So now the catch is to build a line. Hopefully Solder has some left in the tank.

Mayfield will be up for the challenge. He's made a living proving people wrong. And he may prove to be more Russell Wilson than Johnny Manziel. We shall see.

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #537 on: April 26, 2018, 06:44:44 PM »

You know they don't, they are in win now mode and went with the best available which traditionally Giants do in first round.  But also, RB was a huge need.  Either way, I didn't personally love Darnold, but wouldn't of been mad if they invested more so in the future.  I'm a PSU alum and diehard fan, so seeing my favorite player the last two years now on my favorite NFL team is like a dream come true.  I am totally biased here.

Anyway, I shared this box score to my friends earlier
PSU vs USC Rose Bowl 2017
Great game (even for a loss for my team, I can admit this is classic) and look at those gaudy stats between Darnold and Barkley.  Both should do well in the NFL.

In the short term I'm definitely pumped. I guess I shouldn't worry about 2-3 years down the line until we get there.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #538 on: April 26, 2018, 06:45:59 PM »
Love getting Chubb at 5.  If he is what he is expected to be, you have Chubb coming from one side and Von Miller from the other.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #539 on: April 26, 2018, 07:01:54 PM »
Bills gave up a lot to get a QB who apparently has accuracy issues. Good luck with that.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #540 on: April 26, 2018, 07:09:48 PM »
Love getting a Chubb at 5.  If he is what he is expected to be, you have Chubb coming from one side and Von Miller from the other.

:lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #541 on: April 26, 2018, 07:13:25 PM »
Love getting a Chubb at 5.  If he is what he is expected to be, you have Chubb coming from one side and Von Miller from the other.

:lol

Eww.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline dparrott

« Reply #542 on: April 26, 2018, 08:08:02 PM »
Vea would have been perfect for the Raiders, dammit.  Big local dude.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #543 on: April 26, 2018, 09:08:04 PM »
Packers moved down 4 spots giving up a 3rd and picking up a 2019 1st and still got who they wanted.

Can't be to disappointed in that.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline dparrott

« Reply #544 on: April 26, 2018, 11:16:30 PM »
Looks like the Seahawks got a decent RB.

Btw, the Jags hyped new uniforms were a let down.  They got rid of the two tone helmet, but the jerseys are basically practice jerseys.   :\
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #545 on: April 26, 2018, 11:22:35 PM »
Looks like the Seahawks got a decent RB.

Yeah....but who’s going to block for him?  :-\
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #546 on: April 27, 2018, 05:21:06 AM »
Like that Howie traded out of the first. There were a lot of reaches in round one, so there will be value in a lot of these 2nd and 3rd day picks.

Entertaining 1st round overall... bookended with Heisman Winners.

Jones and Ridley is going to be an insane duo at WR for Atlanta.

Offline DT2003

« Reply #547 on: April 27, 2018, 05:34:08 AM »
As a Giants fan I would have been upset if Barkley was available and they didn’t take him. The Giants have not had a good running game for several years, and they picked a guy who is a sure thing IMO. The only thing that worries me is that I think Eli has two years left, maybe three if we are lucky, and at that point they might have trouble finding a franchise QB. Webb is not the answer, the Giants clearly showed what they think of him last year when they sat Eli and Webb wasn’t even dressed for the game. Maybe Eli can mentor him over the next couple of years, but I just don’t see it.

Still shocked the Browns took Mayfield and I have to think if they took Barkley with the first pick that they still could have taken Mayfield with the forth pick as I just can’t imagine the Giants would have taken Mayfield, but who knows. I’m personally glad it worked out the way it did.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 05:26:14 PM by DT2003 »

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #548 on: April 27, 2018, 06:09:56 AM »
My thoughts on last night...

The Browns are clowns. You knew they would pick Mayfield because they love a good train wreck. I have no faith in Baker Mayfield as a person and certainly not as a savior for the armpit franchise of the NFL.

The Giants are kind of stupid because if you are not going to pick a QB at 2 you bluff with the Jets to make them think you are taking the guy they want. The Jets wanted Darnold bad, they would have forked up something to the Gmen in fear they would take him. Trade down to the 3 spot, get something from the Jets and still get the guy you want. How did they not do that?
and I don't think for a second the Giants believe Davis Webb is the future.

Finally as a Broncos fan I'm thrilled with getting Chubb! Chubb and Von Miller will wreak havoc! Great pick by Denver!
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #549 on: April 27, 2018, 06:32:27 AM »
Still shocked the Browns took Mayfield and I have to think if they took Barkley with the first pick that they still could have taken Mayfield with the forth pick as I just can’t imagine the Giants would have taken Mayfield, but who knows. I’m personally glad it worked out the way it did.

From what I heard this morning, the Giants never considered Mayfield

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #550 on: April 27, 2018, 06:51:18 AM »
Love getting Chubb at 5.  If he is what he is expected to be, you have Chubb coming from one side and Von Miller from the other.

I'm excited about the Chubb pick too, I really think he's the best player Denver could've taken in this draft to help them win now. Not sure if you saw the Miller reaction video to Chubb being selected, but he's pretty excited about the pick too  :lol

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #551 on: April 27, 2018, 07:04:13 AM »
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Browns gonna Brown.

My only reaction to last night. Spot on Kev  :lol

Offline busty sinclair

« Reply #552 on: April 27, 2018, 07:21:15 AM »
As a chargers fan i'm not happy about the chubb pick. thats going to be rough. I'm am very happy about Derwin James though!

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #553 on: April 27, 2018, 08:24:31 AM »
Wow....  Rosen already stirring shit up.  Gonna be happy to introduce him to Donald, Suh, and Brockers!  :biggrin:

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #554 on: April 27, 2018, 08:24:45 AM »
I'm kind of with Tick on that Giants pick.   Running back has proven - even with the Giants! - to not be a first round, or if you must, a first-half of first round - pick.   They don't have long enough careers, they get hurt too easily, and are too often used as part of a scheme rather than an every-down player.    At that spot, you take the best long-term play you can, and that includes 3 or 5 draft picks further down from someone like the Jets, who are desperate.   

That was a "WWJJD?"* moment right there, not a "WWBBD?"** moment.

* What would Jerry Jones do?
** What would Bill Belichick do?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #555 on: April 27, 2018, 08:31:44 AM »
I don't follow the draft closely.  Never have.  It's just not very interesting to me, especially since I don't really follow college, so I don't know the players.  I mean, I'll take a look and see what positions some teams have picked up.  But I don't follow it live.

So, forgive my ignorance on this--I'm sure there is a simple explanation.  But my question is:  How do they get jerseys together so quickly?  I mean, team X goes on the clock, and a couple minutes later, they pick Johnny QB, and then a couple of minutes later, Johnny QB is up onstage posing for the cameras with a team jersey with his name on it.  How does that even happen?  Do teams come up with their realistic top 10 picks and pre-print 10 jerseys or something?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #556 on: April 27, 2018, 08:40:52 AM »
This article explains it:  https://triblive.com/local/regional/13572437-74/masontown-company-works-behind-the-scenes-to-speed-print-jerseys-at-nfl-draft

[/When the Pittsburgh Steelers drafted T.J. Watt last year in Philadelphia, another Western Pennsylvania team was watching the clock.

In the minutes between when the team made their pick from the “war room” and when NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell announced Watt to the crowd, people in a small room behind the scenes grabbed Watt's name from a folder of all the draftees, stamped it onto a Steelers jersey and hustled it to the stage so it could be presented. Then the clock restarted as the next team made their pick.

For seven years, the mad dash to custom-print new players' jerseys for the NFL draft has been handed off to the team from Stahls' Decorating Fulfillment Center in Masontown, Fayette County.

They will be there again for Thursday's NFL Draft in Arlington, Texas, with 256 jerseys, names of the top draftees in 1,400 different combinations to cover each player in every team's fonts and colors, and two of the heat-transfer presses the company also manufactures in Pennsylvania.

“We have two minutes, max,” said Lisa Leone, Stahls' client services director, who has attended several drafts.

But weeks of research and prep work lead up to those two frantic minutes, as staff at the Masontown facility prepare the Nike jerseys by sewing numbers and blank nameplates onto the back and pre-print all the names for each team's thick folder of potential players.

“One or two guys did two or three weeks solid just gathering all the files and cutting all the letters,” production manager Jon Stange said.

The folders then get laid out in the teams' first-round order within Stahls' tiny workspace behind the scenes at the draft — typically only about 100 square feet, Leone said — along with racks of the jerseys. As each team makes its selection, they can pick the right name and font from the folder and use the press to heat-transfer it to a jersey in about 10 seconds.

“Once you've done all the work to this point, it's all about selecting the right components,” said Josh Ellsworth, Stahls' vice president of dealer sales. “The machine does all the work.”

The exception is the rare occasion when a player expected to go in a later round of the draft gets a surprise bump to the first round, leaving the Stahls' team to frantically cut and reassemble letters from other players' names, Ellsworth said.

The team makes three jerseys for each pick — one for the announcement that's handed to the player, a second that's given away to a fan, and a third that's sent to the NFL's trading-card company to be sliced up and mounted on special cards. They bring eight blank jerseys for each team — they once ran short a few years ago after some trades and had to swipe a jersey from a display case, Stange said.
quote]

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #557 on: April 27, 2018, 08:44:54 AM »
:tup
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #558 on: April 27, 2018, 08:48:02 AM »
I'm kind of with Tick on that Giants pick.   Running back has proven - even with the Giants! - to not be a first round, or if you must, a first-half of first round - pick.   They don't have long enough careers, they get hurt too easily, and are too often used as part of a scheme rather than an every-down player.    At that spot, you take the best long-term play you can, and that includes 3 or 5 draft picks further down from someone like the Jets, who are desperate.   

That was a "WWJJD?"* moment right there, not a "WWBBD?"** moment.

* What would Jerry Jones do?
** What would Bill Belichick do?

#1 prospect of the class by many of the scouts.  So he's definitely viewed as a long term player with out of the world talent.  Also, he is great at receiving and special teams (though I can't see them putting him on kick offs, he's too valuable, but maybe on an important need to come back end of season situation).  I'll concede that RBs over the last 10 years have gone down in value and one could definitely win an argument saying a QB is better long term value from this draft position.  But to put that as a JJ pick is totally undervaluing the talent in this case.  Especially when BB took a RB in the first round too.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #559 on: April 27, 2018, 09:05:46 AM »
Gurley, Zeke and Fournette have proven the value of taking a RB high if he has all world talent, which is what Barkley seems to possess.

But to play the devil's advocate, when is the last time a RB taken in the top 10 helped his team win a Super Bowl?