3 (3.6%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
1 (1.2%)
Washington Redskins
1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: 2018 NFL Thread - The Dynasty  (Read 185193 times)

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Trades and FA Madness
« Reply #315 on: March 13, 2018, 05:50:49 AM »
I think that if the Vikings miss out on Cousins, they should go get Foles

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #316 on: March 13, 2018, 06:35:38 AM »
Schefter just tweeted that Keenum is going to Denver.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #317 on: March 13, 2018, 07:29:06 AM »
Schefter just tweeted that Keenum is going to Denver.

We're all over it King

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #318 on: March 13, 2018, 07:36:13 AM »
 :lol

I saw that.  Schefter just makes it official.  That's the great part about Twitter.  Following national writers, and beat writers.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #319 on: March 13, 2018, 08:25:15 AM »
I am not convinced the Browns will climb out of the cellar.  They weren't totally depleted of talent the last two years, yet went 1-31...and then kept that head coach. :eek :eek :lol :lol 

What I am saying is, will anyone be surprised if the Browns have the number 1 pick in next year's draft again?

Not me; Buffalo didn't make the playoffs BECAUSE of Tyrod.  I won't go so far to say they made it in SPITE of him, but losing him doesn't jeopardize their chances next year. 

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #320 on: March 13, 2018, 10:14:32 AM »
Cousins to the Vikings is official. They are now legit Super Bowl contenders.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #321 on: March 13, 2018, 11:31:31 AM »
Well the one good thing of OBJ's video is that the Giants may have get a little more leverage in getting him to perform and not sit out or cause issues this year since now he really doesn't look like someone that's deserving of 60+ million guaranteed. 

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #322 on: March 13, 2018, 02:02:16 PM »
In Foxborough news, Butler to Detroit and Amendola to Miami. Butler was obviously leaving, but I'd have loved to hang on to Amendola. Dude was an asset to have around. I certainly understand not busting the bank for him, though.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #323 on: March 13, 2018, 02:03:21 PM »
2 for 12 mil.  Next man up I guess.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #324 on: March 13, 2018, 02:04:23 PM »
2 for 12 mil.  Next man up I guess.
Damn. I didn't know he was in line for that much. Yeah, next up.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #325 on: March 13, 2018, 02:06:47 PM »
That's what they pay Endelman.  He told them he wanted more money but the Pats wouldn't budge.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #326 on: March 13, 2018, 02:07:31 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #327 on: March 13, 2018, 02:10:51 PM »
Butler to Detroit

Is this done?

I haven't seen a tweet yet.

I did see thsat Sam Bradford signed a 1 year deal with Arizona 20 mil.  15 guaranteed.  Then i saw a Tweet from Matt Chatham saying "Sam Bradford's agent is an American Hero. :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #328 on: March 13, 2018, 02:14:40 PM »
Schefter now saying Jimmy Graham to sign a 3 year deal with the Pack.  Splent will be a happy man.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #329 on: March 13, 2018, 02:29:53 PM »
holy crap.  Schefter is now tweeting that the Packers are releasing Jordy Nelson!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #330 on: March 13, 2018, 03:29:40 PM »
Jordy Nelson to the Pats?   

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #331 on: March 13, 2018, 04:58:15 PM »
Jordy Nelson is done as far as being an elite WR.  Injuries have taken his speed and ability to get deep away from him.

The signing of Keenum makes me ill.  :censored

Cousins now has more pressure on him than any player in the NFL.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #332 on: March 13, 2018, 06:10:37 PM »
Butler to Detroit

Is this done?
Now it's Tennessee, and does appear to be all but official. 5yr/61m, 31 guraranteed.

That's what they pay Endelman.  He told them he wanted more money but the Pats wouldn't budge.
Well, the Pats got him for a song last year (just under 3m), so he earned the right to ask for more. I hate players that demand "more than that guy," though.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #333 on: March 13, 2018, 06:47:51 PM »
No doubt.  He also wanted to play more.  Part of the issue with that is he's very injury prone.  They held him back so he would be good to go for the playoffs.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #334 on: March 13, 2018, 07:53:25 PM »
Jordy Nelson is done as far as being an elite WR.  Injuries have taken his speed and ability to get deep away from him.

The signing of Keenum makes me ill.  :censored

Cousins now has more pressure on him than any player in the NFL.

Can Nelson play that slot role?

As for Cousins, my god I am going to be the most surprised person on the planet if this all pans out.  I NEVER had him at that level.   I thought he was a fill in, to be honest.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #335 on: March 13, 2018, 08:14:39 PM »
Cousins is a good QB and an upgrade over Keenum.  As loaded as the Vikings are, they don't need him to be Brady or Rodgers.  The thing is, a million things could happen that prevent the Vikings from equaling or surpassing what they did last year, but the blame will all be on Cousins if that happens.  That is why I am surprised he went there. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #336 on: March 14, 2018, 07:01:09 AM »
So the Browns signed Hyde to a three year deal.  Does that mean they are definitely taking a QB #1?  If so, I am drooling for Barkley to the Giants, if for no other reason than to continue rooting for him (my favorite college player to watch the last 3 years at PSU), but I do think he is the real deal.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #337 on: March 14, 2018, 07:11:37 AM »
Sound like Nate Solider might go to either the Giants or the Texans.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #338 on: March 14, 2018, 07:19:34 AM »
Sound like Nate Solider might go to either the Giants or the Texans.

Giants may need this more than whoever they take at 2.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #339 on: March 14, 2018, 08:37:57 AM »
Looks like Deion Lewis is joining Butler in Tennessee. Another one where I'm happy for the guy to get a payday, and given NE's depth it's not like he's irreplaceable. The Titans just need to understand what they're getting. Deion's too small to be durable. He has to be used situationally.

Rough year for the Pats in free agency. Aside from Nate most of the losses have been in areas where there's depth, but it's still a lot of big name players.
E.F. Benson

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #340 on: March 14, 2018, 08:40:42 AM »
As for Cousins, my god I am going to be the most surprised person on the planet if this all pans out.  I NEVER had him at that level.   I thought he was a fill in, to be honest.

Shows how crazy the QB market is right now. Dude who has a below 500 winning percentage gets $84 million guaranteed...

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #341 on: March 14, 2018, 10:21:39 AM »

Shows how crazy the QB market is right now. Dude who has a below 500 winning percentage gets $84 million guaranteed...

And Mike Trout is widely considered to be the best player in baseball, but he doesn't have much in wins to show for it.

It is folly to rely on team accolades to assess individual talent.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #342 on: March 14, 2018, 10:23:51 AM »
And I want to add that McKinnon couldn't have picked a better landing spot than SF. He's set up for major success moving forward.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #343 on: March 14, 2018, 10:54:20 AM »

And Mike Trout is widely considered to be the best player in baseball, but he doesn't have much in wins to show for it.

Generally yes, but with QBs I'd say it's slightly different. They are the most important member of a team and directly impact the success of the team more than any other player.

But - ok, so you think Kirk Cousins is a top tier QB? I'd consider him middle of the pack or slightly above.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #344 on: March 14, 2018, 11:13:18 AM »

Generally yes, but with QBs I'd say it's slightly different. They are the most important member of a team and directly impact the success of the team more than any other player.

But - ok, so you think Kirk Cousins is a top tier QB? I'd consider him middle of the pack or slightly above.

I'd say slightly above average, but he is still young enough to improve and be great.  The good thing about him is that he seems like he wants to prove his worth to everyone.  I think he is over paid and a product of the current market, but he has the potential and experience.  I'm more shocked at the Bradford guaranteed money.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #345 on: March 14, 2018, 11:17:47 AM »
I'd say slightly above average, but he is still young enough to improve and be great.  The good thing about him is that he seems like he wants to prove his worth to everyone.  I think he is over paid and a product of the current market, but he has the potential and experience.  I'm more shocked at the Bradford guaranteed money.

I generally agree with all of this. Especially the Bradford thang.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #346 on: March 14, 2018, 02:48:25 PM »
Not sure how, but my JETS actually made smart football decisions. When is the other shoe gonna drop?  :lol :lol :lol

I love the Bridgewater signing. He and McCown will fight it out in training camp, and we'll draft one of the big 4, and let that guy ride the pine. My prediction? Teddy will win the job, have a great year, and revitalize his career.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #347 on: March 14, 2018, 03:52:07 PM »
My prediction? Teddy will win the job, have a great year, and revitalize his career.

I think you're forgetting something.

Namely that he'll be surrounded by the rest of the Jets team.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #348 on: March 14, 2018, 04:00:46 PM »
 :lol i like the Bridgewater signing too for the Jets

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #349 on: March 14, 2018, 06:25:29 PM »

I'd put Cousins in that 11-15 range if I had to rank the starting QBs in the NFL.  He lost all of his best weapons last season in Washington and still had a good season.  Most QB's would have a hard time winning consistently in Washington with that train wreck of a owner.

I'm more shocked at the Bradford guaranteed money.

I generally agree with all of this. Especially the Bradford thang.

At 20 million, Bradford will get 5 million for every game he starts and finishes. :lol :lol