3 (3.6%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
1 (1.2%)
Washington Redskins
1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: 2018 NFL Thread - The Dynasty  (Read 185105 times)

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2018 NFL Thread v. FLY EAGLES FLY
« Reply #175 on: February 11, 2018, 01:28:34 PM »
The Super Bowl runner up OC spurned the Colts, so they go out and get the Super Bowl winning OC. Frank Reich to Indy.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #176 on: February 11, 2018, 05:46:38 PM »
Seems that this man is having some serious issues. 2nd offense, and it's a big one!

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/11/report-49ers-reuben-foster-arrested-in-domestic-violence-case/

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #177 on: February 11, 2018, 06:06:27 PM »
The Super Bowl runner up OC spurned the Colts, so they go out and get the Super Bowl winning OC. Frank Reich to Indy.

Well that’s one way to say “go f yourself”.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #178 on: February 11, 2018, 06:17:17 PM »

Well that’s one way to say “go f yourself”.

Or it's the best option since "Go F yourself" gets you 0 wins.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #179 on: February 11, 2018, 07:58:24 PM »
I recall a funny story about some poor bastard having his life destroyed, twice, by Frank Reich. Bet heavily on a college game and lost the farm when Frank Reich came in in the second half and threw six touchdowns in the greatest comeback in college football history. Ten years later he bets the farm on Houston in the playoffs, only to have Reich start in place of Jim Kelly and again lead the biggest comeback in history. Don't know if it's true, but I wouldn't bet against the guy.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #180 on: February 12, 2018, 06:52:36 AM »
I'm happy for Indy, they deserved someone with his potential after what happened with McD.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #181 on: February 12, 2018, 08:19:21 AM »
Huge fan of Frank Reich, from way back (I actually remember watching that second game that el Barto referred to in real time; it was amazing).   I hope he does well.  I guess I'm tone-deaf to all this because I don't get any sense of karma or schadenfreude or anything like that.  They hired a coach.  They have questions at quarterback.   I don't see "Indy' as anything different than about 15 or 20 other teams in the league.   

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #182 on: February 12, 2018, 08:22:02 AM »
Seems that this man is having some serious issues. 2nd offense, and it's a big one!

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/11/report-49ers-reuben-foster-arrested-in-domestic-violence-case/

What an awful downer in an otherwise forward looking off-season. If he is found guilty of anything serious I really hope they cut him. I don't care how good he is, I wouldn't want that kind of asterisk following around the team going forward.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #183 on: February 12, 2018, 08:29:08 AM »
Knock the Pats all you want, but  odds are, if he was a Patriot, he'd be gone by now.

By the way, as a Pats fan, I'm kinda looking forward to this season.  You've got Bill, with perhaps the greatest motivational tools of his career ("See what all the sidebar bullshit got us?  See what all the distractions got us?") and you've got the greatest QB of all time with something to prove (look what happened after he was wrongly accused and wrongly punished for "Deflategate").  Gonna be a good year, baring unforeseen injury.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #184 on: February 12, 2018, 10:03:52 AM »
Brady has nothing left to prove.

Oh, and what happened the season after he was accused of deflating footballs?  He got to the AFCCG, where the Broncos knocked the crap out of him and sent him home.  :coolio

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #185 on: February 12, 2018, 11:17:05 AM »
Thank God for Denver fans that defense was all world.  A Nasty, fast, aggressive D.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #186 on: February 12, 2018, 11:33:49 AM »
Thank God for Denver fans that defense was all world.  A Nasty, fast, aggressive D.

Absolutely.  Lots (most?) of Super Bowls are won by the defence.  You guys stopped The Greatest Show on Turf to win Brady's 1st ring.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #187 on: February 12, 2018, 11:35:29 AM »
Amen to that. 

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #188 on: February 12, 2018, 01:39:35 PM »
You guys stopped The Greatest Show on Turf to win Brady's 1st ring.

A sissy, passive.....prevent defense with way too much time on the clock when a field goal could win it was behind that SB loss for the Rams. The Rams came back and scored (14) pts in the fourth quarter to tie it only to hand the ball over and trust their defense to hold, then they just play back and allow massive yardage gains instead of staying hungry and going after the Pats.

The Pats have won (5) Super Bowls.....but I consider that first one to be more of a situation where the Rams lost it....rather than the Pats winning it.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #189 on: February 12, 2018, 01:49:37 PM »

A sissy, passive.....prevent defense with way too much time on the clock when a field goal could win it was behind that SB loss for the Rams. The Rams came back and scored (14) pts in the fourth quarter to tie it only to hand the ball over and trust their defense to hold, then they just play back and allow massive yardage gains instead of staying hungry and going after the Pats.

The Pats have won (5) Super Bowls.....but I consider that first one to be more of a situation where the Rams lost it....rather than the Pats winning it.

Of course you do :lol.  Look, they held the team that averaged 31+ points per game in the regular season (plus 45 and 29 in the 2 playoff games) to 17 with three takeaways.  Don't dismiss that as a failing of the offense.  The Rams didn't suddenly forget how to score.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #190 on: February 12, 2018, 01:54:42 PM »
I'm sure that every team that lost to NE in the Super Bowl feel like they lost the game versus NE winning the game. That tends to happen when they're one score games.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #191 on: February 12, 2018, 03:04:16 PM »

That Pats team punched the giant right in the chops.  It was their game to lose. 

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #192 on: February 12, 2018, 03:18:20 PM »
Nothing good happens after midnight. Kareem Hunt just found that out the hard way.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #193 on: February 12, 2018, 03:27:07 PM »
That Pats team punched the giant right in the chops.  It was their game to lose.

And then, when it was THEIR games to lose, then failed to punch the Giants in the chops.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #194 on: February 12, 2018, 03:37:35 PM »
No, the Giants punch the Pat's in the chops.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #195 on: February 12, 2018, 05:33:37 PM »

Of course you do :lol.  Look, they held the team that averaged 31+ points per game in the regular season (plus 45 and 29 in the 2 playoff games) to 17 with three takeaways.  Don't dismiss that as a failing of the offense.  The Rams didn't suddenly forget how to score.

well it’s not tough to stifle a super power offense when you’re able to study their game plan via a video taped walk through  :biggrin:

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #196 on: February 12, 2018, 06:02:34 PM »
 :lol

Faslehoods!! It amazes me the folklore and the damage from a writer that does not get his sources .

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #197 on: February 12, 2018, 07:01:41 PM »

well it’s not tough to stifle a super power offense when you’re able to study their game plan via a video taped walk through  :biggrin:
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #198 on: February 12, 2018, 07:06:31 PM »
I laugh at those who are conspiracy theorists.   It's been debunked.  No videos of walk throughs.  Videos durring games.  Yes.

Do your homework and find the Jay Glazier video he got. There is just a much spying on the cheerleaders as signals. :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #199 on: February 12, 2018, 07:39:41 PM »
Turnovers were why the Rams lost that game.  They Rams moved the ball up and down the field all day, but 3 turnovers killed them.

And I would point out how the Patriots pick-6 should have been wiped out by the Patriots pass rusher hitting Warner in the head as he released the ball, but, yeah. :lol :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #200 on: February 12, 2018, 07:41:49 PM »
Did you guys have to pass some special Sports Complaining Test to live in the St. Louis area?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #201 on: February 12, 2018, 07:45:43 PM »
Just out of curiosity, do people really think everything the Patriots have ever done as far as cheating is accessible to the public to look up on the internet? Not trying to come off as an ass, but I've heard evidence was destroyed in several cases. Who really knows what happened...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 07:57:58 PM by Rattlehead »

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #202 on: February 12, 2018, 08:05:36 PM »
Turnovers were why the Rams lost that game.  They Rams moved the ball up and down the field all day, but 3 turnovers killed them.

And I would point out how the Patriots pick-6 should have been wiped out by the Patriots pass rusher hitting Warner in the head as he released the ball, but, yeah. :lol :lol

Oh yeah.   :lol. I remember that.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #203 on: February 12, 2018, 10:36:34 PM »
Did you guys have to pass some special Sports Complaining Test to live in the St. Louis area?

It all started in the third grade when Little Jimmy Red Hands clearly cheated at four square. You can’t double hit....everyone knows that but he did, and right on front of Ms. Tate I might add who was the official score keeper.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #204 on: February 13, 2018, 10:54:40 AM »
Nothing good happens after midnight. Kareem Hunt just found that out the hard way.

HAHAHA, my dad used to always say that to me as I was growing up.  :)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #205 on: February 13, 2018, 11:04:22 AM »
Just out of curiosity, do people really think everything the Patriots have ever done as far as cheating is accessible to the public to look up on the internet? Not trying to come off as an ass, but I've heard evidence was destroyed in several cases. Who really knows what happened...

This is as much to Gary and King as you, but honest question:  So what?  The rules are the rules, I get that, and as a lawyer, I'm a rules guy by nature.  We live by the letter of the law, and we die by the letter of the law.   But - and I do not extend this to crimes that infringe on clear, enumerated rights, like "killing someone" or the like - to some degree, there is no obligation to comport with any law IF YOU ARE WILLING TO LIVE WITH THE CONSEQUENCES.    Speed limits are clear; I speed.   I also don't complain when I get a speeding ticket.   I can't say I ALWAYS do this, but there are certainly times when I think to myself, "Is this trip worth $250 and a couple of points on my license?"   

I think this idea that every Pats win is tainted is nonsense.  I hate to reduce it to a cliché, but if you're not cheating you're not trying.  I can remember playing hockey (I was a defenseman) and in the slot, the first thing I'd do is put my hand on the other guys stick - that's a signature for you! - which is a 2:00 penalty, IF I GOT CAUGHT.  I got caught once, early on, and figured out there was a way of doing it that was very hard to detect.   

Sean Payton and the Saints.  Maybe they took it a little too far with having money involved, but if you don't think that teams know who's hurt and factor that into their game plan - on both sides of the ball - you're not really paying attention.  I'm not saying they try to hurt the other team, but certainly they're looking for any edge.  So-and-so has a sore ankle?  Try to force him to make cuts on that foot. All day long.   

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #206 on: February 13, 2018, 11:13:14 AM »
So, the only crime is in getting caught?   ;D  Interesting view coming from a lawyer.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #207 on: February 13, 2018, 11:14:27 AM »
I think there's a difference in operating in the grey zone and knowingly cheating.  Things like videotaping walkthroughs is cheating where as the deflating the balls is grey zone in my mind.  The reason why I don't hold these too hard against the Pats, and still think the Pats (Brady and BB) are the GOAT, is because I don't even think they needed these slight advantages.  Which makes it even more mind boggling that they did any of these things.  But I think that's the competitive nature to try and get every edge.  I also don't believe it when people say "everyone" is doing it.  That's not the case, but I think there's more than just those who get caught. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #208 on: February 13, 2018, 11:23:10 AM »
I think there's a difference in operating in the grey zone and knowingly cheating.  Things like videotaping walkthroughs is cheating where as the deflating the balls is grey zone in my mind.

They didn't videotape walkthroughs.

And I'm not directing this at you, Cram, but do people even know what Spygate was about? What actually happened?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #209 on: February 13, 2018, 11:28:04 AM »
I think there's a difference in operating in the grey zone and knowingly cheating.  Things like videotaping walkthroughs is cheating where as the deflating the balls is grey zone in my mind.

They didn't videotape walkthroughs.

And I'm not directing this at you, Cram, but do people even know what Spygate was about? What actually happened?

Yea my memory si a bit fuzzy but just reread this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_New_England_Patriots_videotaping_controversy and I guess my memory fuzz is due to the retracted article stating that, but there is definitely still some questions about it that were left unanswered.  I shouldn't judge them because of that so I'll take back my statement, but instead replace it with videotaping from the sideline.