3 (3.6%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
1 (1.2%)
Washington Redskins
1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: 2018 NFL Thread - The Dynasty  (Read 185106 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: 2018 NFL Thread v. Philadelphia Freedom
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2018, 03:01:46 PM »
Sitting a guy when the worst case scenario is going 13-3 or 12-4 is one thing.  Sitting a guy which arguably was a factor in the SB loss is another thing.  Seems as though BB did nothing other than prove that being the alpha in control is more important than fielding the best talent.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2018, 03:10:16 PM »
So after Dont'a Hightower "liked" Brandon Browner's post yesterday, Tom Brady "liked" Malcolm Butler's twitter post today, which was subsequently "liked" by a boatload of guys, current and former players.

Brady also followed it up with a personal message.

Belichick will be lucky to not have a mutiny on his hands, and deservedly so.
To what end? What do they want, a better coach? If he holds a meeting and says "if you guys don't want me here I'm outta here" are they better off? You know, they're playing for the GOAT right now, and all that's expected is that they do what they're supposed to do. If you'd rather do your own thing then go play for the fucking Bengals.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2018, 03:19:47 PM »
Do you give any credence that maybe things have run their course? He's been the coach here for 18 years.

Personally, I'm not an advocate to fire Belichick. But while I'm sure Bulter ain't no choirboy, holding him out for seemingly no reason certainly seems to have rasied the hair on the team. Especially the way he did it, just before kickoff.

And now Hightower and Brady, your #1 guy on D and O, have made public expressions against the coach.

I thought after the Wickersham story dropped, which clearly came from Belichick's people, that Bill may not be back after this year. It basically laid the groundwork for Bill to walk away. Hell, I thought that when he gave up so many draft picks and spent like a drunken sailer last off season. He seemed like he was gearing up for one more run.

It'll be interesting to see how Kraft handles this.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2018, 03:27:18 PM »
So after Dont'a Hightower "liked" Brandon Browner's post yesterday, Tom Brady "liked" Malcolm Butler's twitter post today, which was subsequently "liked" by a boatload of guys, current and former players.

Brady also followed it up with a personal message.

Belichick will be lucky to not have a mutiny on his hands, and deservedly so.
To what end? What do they want, a better coach? If he holds a meeting and says "if you guys don't want me here I'm outta here" are they better off? You know, they're playing for the GOAT right now, and all that's expected is that they do what they're supposed to do. If you'd rather do your own thing then go play for the fucking Bengals.

There's no doubt in my mind that some players will think they are better off without BB, but they are foolish to think so.

Personally, I think having the OC and DC effectively agreeing to be HC for other teams is a bigger distraction than benching a player (regardless of reason).  As the NYC sports radio host this afternoon said "do you think Giants fans are happy Patricia isn't the head coach?"  :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2018, 03:49:16 PM »
Do you give any credence that maybe things have run their course? He's been the coach here for 18 years.
I think it's certainly plausible that things have run their course. I also think that A: it'd be a damn shame, and B: Bill is the guy you want around when the dust settles. If they move on from him (or he from they) then things will not go well for the Patriots.

I also think that for every malcontent there is upset at the coach right now, there are 5 players that would love to take their place.

Personally, I'm not an advocate to fire Belichick. But while I'm sure Bulter ain't no choirboy, holding him out for seemingly no reason certainly seems to have rasied the hair on the team. Especially the way he did it, just before kickoff.
And something that we're all ignoring is that maybe he really did think the D was better off without him. It didn't work out, and maybe it was a mistake, but that is his prerogative.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2018, 04:24:51 PM »
But Bart, that doesn’t make sense. On his best day, Jordan Richards can’t hold Butler’s jock. Bademosi? Puleeze.

And let’s say that game plan wise Butler didn’t don’t fit, when you see the D getting fucking torched, you don’t adjust and send him in.
How does a guy, who played the most defensive snaps of anyone else during the season and 100% of them in the two post season games suddenly not good enough to get on the field?

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2018, 05:05:18 PM »
What players have said anything along those lines?

You should try Twitter old man and follow the beat writers.  No names of course but reports.  We have to wade all through this to get the truth.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2018, 05:22:59 PM »

You should try Twitter old man and follow the beat writersNo names of course but reports.  We have to wade all through this to get the truth.

You mean the Patriots Media Cartel?

A bunch of guys put their NAMES on the Butler post.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 05:35:41 PM by TAC »

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2018, 05:35:44 PM »
Wow, I'm actually excited for the Niners this year...bring on the Jimmy G era!!!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2018, 05:43:31 PM »

You should try Twitter old man and follow the beat writersNo names of course but reports.  We have to wade all through this to get the truth.

You mean the Patriots Media Cartel?

A bunch of guys put their NAMES on the Butler post.

I think you know some will say off record Tim. Some players are on Malcolm's side, some are not.  Definitely a devide.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2018, 05:46:14 PM »
Philly wins the Super Bowl with their backup QB, yet all I keep hearing is that the Patriots would have won had Butler played.  :\

Not sure how I feel about the Broncos getting Cousins. On the one hand, getting him would give us a top 10-12 QB, but on the other hand, paying him the money he wants will mean having to get rid of some good players to get under the cap.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2018, 05:50:54 PM »
How about this Tim for fast info.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2018, 05:53:26 PM »
Philly wins the Super Bowl with their backup QB, yet all I keep hearing is that the Patriots would have won had Butler played.  :\

Not sure how I feel about the Broncos getting Cousins. On the one hand, getting him would give us a top 10-12 QB, but on the other hand, paying him the money he wants will mean having to get rid of some good players to get under the cap.

The first part I would say yes, it was that close.

Second part.  DENVER NEEEEEDS a QB bad.  It's worth the money.  He's a big upgrade.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2018, 05:56:32 PM »
There are reports that McDaniels is backing out of the Indy job....

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2018, 05:58:14 PM »

I am shocked that a coach who was fired in his first head coaching stint for getting caught cheating would do a team dirty like this.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2018, 06:05:32 PM »
Maybe a team that reported bullshit about psi pulled some shady shit.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2018, 06:07:33 PM »

I am shocked that a coach who was fired in his first head coaching stint for getting caught cheating would do a team dirty like this.

:lol

We're also of his mentor taking that Jets job all those years ago.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2018, 06:08:39 PM »
So if you're Indy.... Who do you try to bring in? Certainly time isn't on their side.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2018, 06:12:14 PM »
So if you're Indy.... Who do you try to bring in?

A more durable QB.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2018, 06:12:28 PM »

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2018, 06:14:35 PM »
Jeff Fisher? No way!

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2018, 06:18:01 PM »
Well Irsay is an apparent raging alcoholic.

Maybe take a look at one of the Eagles' coordinators. Maybe throw a crazy offer to one of the the top college coaches. Either way...sucks that Indy waited the entire postseason for their man only to have him change his mind.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2018, 06:37:41 PM »

That was actually pretty funny.

If McDaniels backs out of the Indy job it's because he's going to coach the Patriots.
E.F. Benson

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2018, 06:38:38 PM »

That's great. All I see is a small box with an X inside.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2018, 06:41:12 PM »
If McDaniels backs out of the Indy job it's because he's going to coach the Patriots.

That is my thought as well.  Kraft probably sobered up just enough to promise McDaniels the Pats head coaching job once Belichick leaves (next month).

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2018, 06:41:25 PM »

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/josh-mcdaniels-not-taking-indianapolis-colts-job-staying-new-england-patriots

Apparently Belichick is staying on too.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2018, 06:46:11 PM »

That's great. All I see is a small box with an X inside.

Lol. It was Schefter saying Josh was staying. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2018, 06:54:38 PM »
WTF is going on down there?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2018, 06:58:23 PM »
WTF is going on down there?

Was that meant for your wife? :P

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2018, 07:03:53 PM »
Oh no...we KNOW what's going on down there! :P :P :P

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2018, 07:11:51 PM »
He's been married a long time.  She's into the dishes.  Lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2018, 07:13:03 PM »
Yup, not afraid to do them by hand. :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2018, 07:21:53 PM »
 :lol

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2018, 08:29:59 PM »

I think it's the best solution if Elway wants to turn Denver back into a contender ASAP. I'm not sold on any of these QBs coming out of college right now; I'm sure at least one of them will end up being great, but it's too much of a crapshoot and Elway already blew it with the Lynch pick. I know guys like McShay have Denver taking a QB with pick #5, but I really don't think Elway has the patience for another rookie QB. I'd be fine with them letting Sanders go as well as some of the scrub FAs Elway signed like Watson to free up space for Cousins. It would also allow for them to improve the O line with a guy like Quenton Nelson out of Notre Dame, or trade down with a QB needy team and stock up on draft picks to potentially take another RB early and let CJ go.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2018, 08:37:25 PM »
I think they are more likely to keep Sanders than D. Thomas, because the latter makes too much money and isn't that great to demand that kind of salary anymore, but you never know.  I think the RBs they have would be fine if the QB was good and the o-line improved. You don't need a stud RB to be a great team, as the Eagles and Patriots just showed us on Sunday.