3 (3.6%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
1 (1.2%)
Washington Redskins
1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: 2018 NFL Thread - The Dynasty  (Read 185196 times)

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Schedule Release Night!
« Reply #490 on: April 19, 2018, 09:17:59 PM »
Yeah, as a Jets fan I have no idea why we're opening up the season in prime time :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #491 on: April 20, 2018, 06:45:43 AM »
It seems that the thought of "improving" TNF has further hurt MNF. There are some dog games on the schedule for sure.

Eagles host the Falcons and NOT the Vikings in week on. Love it when "sure thing" rumors are wrong.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #492 on: April 20, 2018, 06:50:34 AM »
The schedule release night is one of my favorite nights of the off season too, my family always picks a weekend to fly out to Denver to see a Broncos game  :metal

I was hoping after a bad season the prices would drop, but they're looking just as ridiculous as they've been the last few seasons  :facepalm: We're looking at possibly attending either week 1 vs. Seattle or week 2 vs. Oakland. We also live about an hour and a half away from Metlife Stadium so we may end up going to see them play the NY Jets this year, but we won't make the mistake of wearing any Broncos stuff to that stadium again.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #493 on: April 20, 2018, 09:06:27 AM »
I like that change too.  Although when I travel to the west coast I really hate it how early games are :lol

DUDE!  I used to love that!!  I lived in LA for about a year or so, and I would  come home, crack a beer, cook some food and watch football.  After I could either sleep or go out if I wanted.  Sundays was even better.  Wake up make some coffee, watch football, do the Sunday crossword and the rest of the day was in front of you.

Yup...I've said it before...I don't know how you east coast folks do it.  You have to sit around until 1:00 before you get football on Sunday.  MNF/TNF games don't start until after 8:00.  National baseball games routinely don't end until after midnight.  I'm guessing there's a whole generation of east coast kids that has never seen the end of a World Series game.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #494 on: April 20, 2018, 11:29:26 AM »
God damn I wish they'd kept Garopollo. I'd really like to see this team moving forward, and it just doesn't seem to be happening.

No backsies!
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #495 on: April 20, 2018, 12:10:48 PM »
God damn I wish they'd kept Garopollo. I'd really like to see this team moving forward, and it just doesn't seem to be happening.

No backsies!

I wouldn't rest too easily out there.   This wouldn't be the first time in history a player takes leave, then comes "back home" to assume the mantle of leadership. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #496 on: April 20, 2018, 12:57:10 PM »
He just signed a long term deal.  He's not coming back. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #497 on: April 20, 2018, 09:53:12 PM »
Bears opening up at lambeau for the packers 100th season is the best way for the pack T.K. open. Go pack go!!
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #498 on: April 21, 2018, 06:30:30 PM »
Rams 5 Prime Time games!  We will be at the home ones, Thurs Night vs the Vikes, Sun night vs. the Eagles.  Finally we will be heading down to Mexico City for our "Home"  Mon. night game vs. the Chiefs!

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: 2018 NFL Thread - The Draft
« Reply #499 on: April 23, 2018, 05:58:31 PM »
Once again I have to say that Gronk is more valuable for the draft pick he could be traded for than as a potential player for the Patriots next year. Along with his dominance at the position is the very real prospect that he becomes a problem in the lockerroom. The latter is increasing. I'd really like to see Bill nip this thing in the bud.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #500 on: April 24, 2018, 07:36:18 AM »
Are there rumblings?  I feel if Gronk is sent packing, though, the domino effect would basically be a reboot of the franchise.  At 62 years old, is Brady going to want to start over with a new line, a new set of receivers, and a new "go-to" guy (even if that guy only plays half the time anyway?).

Giselle Ono might have something to say about all that, too.   

(Not suggesting any of this is right, or that Bill cares - I don't think he does - but it's just food for thought.)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #501 on: April 24, 2018, 08:09:16 AM »
Some rumors of a 4 team draft day trade came up on local sports radio today with the Giants moving back and the Bills moving into 2.  I don't know if I believe it or not, but I will be kind of upset if the Giants move out of #2.  It's the lowest they have gotten to pick in my life (which is a pretty good thing really) but I want to see them get a big time player (either Barkley or a future QB).

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #502 on: April 24, 2018, 08:23:25 AM »
Are there rumblings?  I feel if Gronk is sent packing, though, the domino effect would basically be a reboot of the franchise.  At 62 years old, is Brady going to want to start over with a new line, a new set of receivers, and a new "go-to" guy (even if that guy only plays half the time anyway?).

Giselle Ono might have something to say about all that, too.   

(Not suggesting any of this is right, or that Bill cares - I don't think he does - but it's just food for thought.)
No rumblings of a trade. Plenty that he's a malcontent and essentially rocking the boat insofar as the patriot way goes. And the latter part about Brady and the reboot is why there isn't more talk about the trade. I don't think he'd respond favorably to it which is why I'm so disappointed they had to unload Garopollo. Honestly, it's time to move on from TB, as well.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #503 on: April 24, 2018, 08:38:17 AM »
At 62 years old, is Brady going to want to start over with a new line, a new set of receivers,

Brady is playing another 20 years?? Wow!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #504 on: April 24, 2018, 09:14:21 AM »
It's hard tomoveokn from a QB who had an MVP year for the owner.  The one thing that Brady has proven over the years is that he has been durable.  Something Jimmy G. did not show and couldn't fight through the plain to play like Brady has shown throughout his career.

Gronk, and this is my take is pissed because the contract he signed is based on staying on the field.  Once BB got rid of Gurerro on the Patriots premises and game day, Gronk now looks that as a shot since he believes that Gurerro keeps him on the field.  Hence the revolt.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #505 on: April 24, 2018, 09:56:03 AM »
tomoveokn

I haven't played the newer Street Fighter games, but can only assume that's one of the new moves.

For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #506 on: April 24, 2018, 09:58:37 AM »
It's hard tomoveokn from a QB who had an MVP year for the owner.  The one thing that Brady has proven over the years is that he has been durable.  Something Jimmy G. did not show and couldn't fight through the plain to play like Brady has shown throughout his career.

Gronk, and this is my take is pissed because the contract he signed is based on staying on the field.  Once BB got rid of Gurerro on the Patriots premises and game day, Gronk now looks that as a shot since he believes that Gurerro keeps him on the field.  Hence the revolt.
If your second paragraph is true, it does absolutely nothing to dissuade me from thinking Gronk's a malcontent and it's time to move on. The reasons for his acting out don't concern me.
E.F. Benson

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #507 on: April 24, 2018, 10:22:54 AM »

To be fair, Garoppolo wasn't hurt. He was injured. A grade two AC injury/torn ligament in his throwing shoulder, which typically requires a 2-4 week recovery. No way they were going to march him on the field 4 days later to play the Texans, and no way they were going to play him after he recovered, because Brady's suspension was up.

It will be very interesting to see how Jimmy G fares in his first legitimate full season as a starting NFL QB. The front end of the 49ers schedule is brutal...so I for one am not passing judgment if they struggle in the early-going. 

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #508 on: April 24, 2018, 10:39:03 AM »
I'm pretty curious about how JG does, as well. I suspect he'll be good-very good, but I don't expect greatness. My hunch is that a good chunk of his success at the end of last year came from energizing a team that had been falling apart for years. We'll see if it continues. I'm really rooting for him, though.
E.F. Benson

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #509 on: April 24, 2018, 10:55:17 AM »
^That's about where I am as well.  Just kind of in "wait and see" mode. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #510 on: April 24, 2018, 11:18:49 AM »

To be fair, Garoppolo wasn't hurt. He was injured. A grade two AC injury/torn ligament in his throwing shoulder, which typically requires a 2-4 week recovery. No way they were going to march him on the field 4 days later to play the Texans, and no way they were going to play him after he recovered, because Brady's suspension was up.

It will be very interesting to see how Jimmy G fares in his first legitimate full season as a starting NFL QB. The front end of the 49ers schedule is brutal...so I for one am not passing judgment if they struggle in the early-going.

Brady has played through those before.   Leaders do. Jimmy isonhis way no doubt.  Can he avoid those kind of hits and absorb them in a way to be on the field? That is the question.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #511 on: April 24, 2018, 11:19:42 AM »
Brady played through a grade two AC injury/torn ligament in his throwing shoulder?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #512 on: April 24, 2018, 11:38:34 AM »

Brady has played through those before.   Leaders do. Jimmy isonhis way no doubt.  Can he avoid those kind of hits and absorb them in a way to be on the field? That is the question.

But every player handles different injurys in different ways. Philip Rivers played an entire game with a torn ACL while Brady couldn’t, but is anyone gonna honestly say that they would rather have Rivers than Brady? Also, most of the time it’s a coaches decision whether or not a guy plays with an injury.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #513 on: April 24, 2018, 12:23:17 PM »
Brady played through a grade two AC injury/torn ligament in his throwing shoulder?

Yes he has.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #514 on: April 24, 2018, 12:25:49 PM »

But every player handles different injurys in different ways. Philip Rivers played an entire game with a torn ACL while Brady couldn’t, but is anyone gonna honestly say that they would rather have Rivers than Brady? Also, most of the time it’s a coaches decision whether or not a guy plays with an injury.

One game.  Big difference.  I was at that game.  He was amazing.  Changed my application fo or Rivers that day.

If Rivers gets that injury in game one of the season he shutout down.

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #515 on: April 24, 2018, 12:42:50 PM »
Can't wait for Thursday. As a Jets fan, I want Mayfield. But we'll see what happens.

The Browns scenario is interesting. One theory I heard recently was that they would pick Barkley with 1, and Chubb with 4, and then trade back up into the mid-first round and take Lamar Jackson. At first I was confused by that, but it now would make sense, if they can secure a high enough third first rounder. You have to figure with Tyrod Taylor starting, they are going to run a system that takes advantage of a QB's mobility a little bit. Well, if you take Jackson, then you pretty much have exactly what you need, and he can sit for year (if needed) and see how the system works with a veteran QB.

Now, I don't think that's going to happen, I think the Browns are going to take Darnold with the first pick, and probably Chubb with 4, if Barkley is off the board. However, it would not surprise me if the Browns did indeed go the Barkley, Chubb, trade up get Jackson route.

My best guest though the top-6:

Browns - Darnold
Giants - Barkley
Jets - Mayfield
Browns - Chubb
Broncos - Josh Allen
Colts - Rosen (if they go QB, it means Luck's injury is more career threatening then we think)

I think Lamar Jackson (if the above scenario with the Browns does not happen) will go #11 to the Dolphins (assuming no trades). I don't think he is going to last long.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #516 on: April 24, 2018, 09:16:21 PM »
I don't watch any college football so as to have my own opinion on various prospects, but from what I've read I'll be varying amounts of happy with the Jets taking any of the top QB prospects aside from Josh Allen.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #517 on: April 25, 2018, 07:03:45 AM »
Can't wait for Thursday. As a Jets fan, I want Mayfield. But we'll see what happens.

The Browns scenario is interesting. One theory I heard recently was that they would pick Barkley with 1, and Chubb with 4, and then trade back up into the mid-first round and take Lamar Jackson. At first I was confused by that, but it now would make sense, if they can secure a high enough third first rounder. You have to figure with Tyrod Taylor starting, they are going to run a system that takes advantage of a QB's mobility a little bit. Well, if you take Jackson, then you pretty much have exactly what you need, and he can sit for year (if needed) and see how the system works with a veteran QB.

Now, I don't think that's going to happen, I think the Browns are going to take Darnold with the first pick, and probably Chubb with 4, if Barkley is off the board. However, it would not surprise me if the Browns did indeed go the Barkley, Chubb, trade up get Jackson route.

Browns - Darnold
Giants - Barkley
Jets - Mayfield
Browns - Chubb
Broncos - Josh Allen
Colts - Rosen (if they go QB, it means Luck's injury is more career threatening then we think)

I think Lamar Jackson (if the above scenario with the Browns does not happen) will go #11 to the Dolphins (assuming no trades). I don't think he is going to last long.

I think the Browns have an underated QB in Taylor and they don't have to take one of these QBs. They should take the best player. Period. And that would be Barkley and Chubb. There is so much risk at taking a QB #1. But it's the Browns so I'm sure they'll make a stupid decision.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #518 on: April 25, 2018, 07:14:47 AM »

Browns - Darnold
Giants - Barkley
Jets - Mayfield
Browns - Chubb
Broncos - Josh Allen

I think the Browns have an underated QB in Taylor and they don't have to take one of these QBs. They should take the best player. Period. And that would be Barkley and Chubb. There is so much risk at taking a QB #1. But it's the Browns so I'm sure they'll make a stupid decision.

As a Chiefs fan, you should know that with John Dorsey at the helm, this won't be the same old Browns.

He's made some great picks during his time at KC.... a few misses of course, but that happens.

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Bolt/Every-selection-John-Dorsey-made-in-the-NFL-Draft-112328382

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #519 on: April 25, 2018, 07:21:19 AM »
Good point, should be interesting first day.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #520 on: April 25, 2018, 07:28:20 AM »
The first night of the draft is must see TV for me. Eagles don't pick until 32nd (barring any trades), but still.... love seeing the emotion of guys who are realizing their dream of being drafted to an NFL team. Always interesting to see where the QBs wind up. I'll never forget watching Rodgers in the green room for 4+ hours in 2005.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #521 on: April 26, 2018, 08:46:03 AM »
Apparently someone unearthed some racists tweets posted by Josh Allen years ago. Amazing how these sort of things seem to get released so close to the draft. I'll never forget when Tunsill's gas mask video got posted soon before the Ravens were on the clock with a Left Tackle in mind.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #522 on: April 26, 2018, 09:19:23 AM »
Apparently someone unearthed some racists tweets posted by Josh Allen years ago. Amazing how these sort of things seem to get released so close to the draft. I'll never forget when Tunsill's gas mask video got posted soon before the Ravens were on the clock with a Left Tackle in mind.

Yea, someone found that and waited until today.  I didn't see the tweets and local radio kind of just pushed it aside as some old high school garbage and the guy really isn't a racist so shouldn't be a big deal.... but damn, social media coming to bite people in the ass again on their biggest day.  Hopefully kids are taking note.

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #523 on: April 26, 2018, 11:21:14 AM »
Crossing fingers the Jets get to take Baker Mayfield. Or if the Browns do indeed grab him with #1, that the Giants don't pull the trigger on Darnold. I am fine with either of those two on the Jets, but don't really feel the same about Rosen or Allen.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #524 on: April 26, 2018, 05:23:54 PM »
The draft is almost underway. Very excited!