3 (3.6%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
1 (1.2%)
Washington Redskins
1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: 2018 NFL Thread - The Dynasty  (Read 187925 times)

Online Anguyen92

Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Super Bowl LIII - Patriots vs. Rams
« Reply #3290 on: February 03, 2019, 06:24:01 PM »
Found this tweet.  Honestly, sums up my thought on this halftime show.  Horrifying underwhelming and it felt shorter than in previous years.

https://twitter.com/FauxJohnMadden/status/1092231638761664512

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #3291 on: February 03, 2019, 06:31:40 PM »
Ok off work and at home with a big bowl of spice posole. Really glad I didn't miss anything in the first half  :lol

Go Jared Goff!!!

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3292 on: February 03, 2019, 06:32:15 PM »
Is there a game today?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3293 on: February 03, 2019, 06:53:32 PM »
This is like watching a damn preseason game.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #3294 on: February 03, 2019, 06:55:18 PM »
Yep, it's quite painful.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3295 on: February 03, 2019, 07:13:12 PM »
Ugh.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #3296 on: February 03, 2019, 07:14:40 PM »
Not sure what you guys saw. I saw The Office during halftime. Of course, I immediately changed to Comedy Central and didn't switch back until about a minute into the 3rd.

Frankly, it was the best halftime in years.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #3297 on: February 03, 2019, 07:17:42 PM »
Not sure what you guys saw. I saw The Office during halftime. Of course, I immediately changed to Comedy Central and didn't switch back until about a minute into the 3rd.

Frankly, it was the best halftime in years.

Yeah I had the priority of getting my posole ready.

Almost a game changing oops there...

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #3300 on: February 03, 2019, 08:05:01 PM »
Well shit.

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #3301 on: February 03, 2019, 08:09:04 PM »
Boring predictable game.

Didn't win anything from my pool picks though.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3302 on: February 03, 2019, 08:10:59 PM »
#6 Baby!!!!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #3303 on: February 03, 2019, 08:11:16 PM »
Congrats Joe! Your team is your team and man......I can’t imagime how great it feels to experience these Championships as a fan.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3304 on: February 03, 2019, 08:12:28 PM »
Jeez, that didn't even feel like a win. :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3305 on: February 03, 2019, 08:18:18 PM »
It never gets old. I will never see a run like this in my lifetime. Amazing.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #3306 on: February 03, 2019, 09:00:17 PM »
Would’ve been a much better game if the refs didn’t have their heads up their asses in the NFC Championship game, but congrats Pats fans  :tup Another masterful game plan from Belichick.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3307 on: February 03, 2019, 09:07:27 PM »

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3308 on: February 03, 2019, 09:39:42 PM »
Oyyy, we've gone from Beyonce/Coldplay/Bruno Mars to Lady Gaga to Justin Timberblake to Maroon 5.  Honestly, this is a huge downgrade in comparison to previous years.

Honestly, I really think the people in the crowd near the stage are plants.  There's no way they would be this pumped for Maroon 5 in their own shows.

Who is Maroon 5?  All I saw was the Adam Levine Pec Show.   I LIKE Adam Levine and I thought that was ridiculous.   The place is going whack like it's a Kiss concert, with flames and what not.. and he's standing there, facing the camera (like Patrick Swayze in "Dirty Dancing") singing "She will be loved!"  Get the f*** out of here. 

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3309 on: February 03, 2019, 09:43:16 PM »
It never gets old. I will never see a run like this in my lifetime. Amazing.
I've been wearing my Patriots jersey around town this weekend, and when somebody would comment on it I'd say "you know, this only happens once a year," and then laugh walking away. They kind of do make it easy.

Not the most exciting SB ever, but I didn't find it boring at all. Good D and ST, and spurts of good O when it was needed. And the game was still up in the air until the final minutes. Nothing boring about it.

Hats off to Greg. Hope the experience of going was worth it. Highly doubt it'll be the last time.

I enjoyed the halftime show a lot. We watched the first five songs of Blaze Bayley Alive in Poland. No idea why people watch what the NFL provides.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3310 on: February 03, 2019, 09:50:37 PM »
We watched the first five songs of Blaze Bayley Alive in Poland.

:metal

That's some good shit right there!

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #3311 on: February 03, 2019, 10:58:21 PM »
Fuck the Rams. Good for 'em.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3312 on: February 04, 2019, 05:40:09 AM »
Well, at least I was reminded why I gave up on the NFL 2 years ago.  That was easily the worst SB in the history of ever, possibly the worst championship game in history, and definitely the worst football game I can remember sitting thru - though, I had it on the DVR, started around 8ET, and just kept it on a slow fast-forward - though, I did watch the US commercials.  Some good stuff there.

Summary - worst sportsball game ever.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3313 on: February 04, 2019, 06:20:32 AM »
Yea  that was a boring game and terrible half time show. Oh well.

Offline red barchetta

• don't worry, I'm being watched lol
« Reply #3314 on: February 04, 2019, 06:44:06 AM »
Would’ve been a much better game if the refs didn’t have their heads up their asses in the NFC Championship game, but congrats Pats fans  :tup Another masterful game plan from Belichick.

Yep, quite unfortunate!
With all respect, sincerely yours

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3315 on: February 04, 2019, 07:01:06 AM »
I feel bad for any Rams fans who bought any gear with the Super Bowl logo....for this year it shows the Rams result and how many points they scored.

Offline senecadawg2

Re: 2018 NFL Thread - The Dynasty
« Reply #3316 on: February 04, 2019, 07:04:17 AM »
The game was almost as boring as that sport the rest of the world calls football, but at least we had hours of commercials  ;)
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline Anxiety35

« Reply #3317 on: February 04, 2019, 09:15:04 AM »
Everything about the Super Bowl was a huge step down, unless you're a Patriots fan. I can't imagine what it's like to have your team win 6 championships in an era. Congrats to them.

Commercials were meh.
Game was meh.
Halftime show was meh (and that's being nice).

Game was in Atlanta which sums up Georgia sports. There's a build up and excitement for the big game only to be let down by the outcome.

One thing about the halftime show. With the rich music history of Atlanta and the state of Georgia, why not peg an artist who represents the geographical area? Throwing in BigBoi for 30 seconds was the NFL throwing a small bone to the Atlanta market and was lame. No Andre3000, no OutKast. Nice try.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3318 on: February 04, 2019, 11:18:28 AM »
The should declare a do-over and come back next week and play it again.

The thing about it is that, if Goff hadn't thrown that interception with 2:43 remaining, the game could have been tied and set up for one of Brady's patented last minute game winning drives.  As it was, unless you're really into stellar defensive play, it was just an ugly game.

I usually get up and do something during halftime, but it was raining, so I sat in the room with the TV but didn't really watched it.  It seemed pretty bad, but I think they've almost all been pretty bad.

Even the commercials were downers.  The Bud Light commercials are always good for a chuckle.  The T-Mobile ads were fairly amusing.  We liked the Amazon ad with Harrison Ford.  Can't remember much else that was any good.  There seemed to be a LOT of long, McConaghey-esque type commercials.  I generally gave up on paying attention before they got to the point.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #3319 on: February 04, 2019, 12:11:35 PM »
Sheesh, what a year this ended up being. Brady plays like ass, has a 27 QBR, but since BB is a defensive wizard and the other QB was even stinkier ass, they win anyway. 13 points and a win  :facepalm:. The Rams' D deserved better, they balled all day and Cooks dropped 2 TD passes. One was Goff's fault for throwing an hour late but he should have held the other even while being interfered with a little. Also McVay's game plan sucked hard.

Now let's everyone be sane and have some rational perspective. This is NOT the greatest sports dynasty of all time. First point: you can't go 10 years without a championship and call that period a dynasty. The Steelers and Giants each won 2 Super Bowls from 2005-2014 while the Patriots had 0. You can call it 2 mini-dynasties from 2001-2004 and 2014-2018 if you'd like, no argument there. Second point: Boston fans are disrespecting THEIR OWN basketball team, who had a real dynasty in the 60s - 8 straight championships! The Bulls had 6 in 8 years. But the greatest dynasty of all time is still the New York Yankees from 1923-1962. They won 20 championships in 39 years, including 5 in a row, 4 in a row, and 12 of 17 from 1936-1953. And it's HARDER in baseball, because you can't get the ball to your star player every play like you can with a QB or point guard.

So congrats to the Pats, you're now tied with Pittsburgh with 6 Lombardis, but let's have a clear head about dynasties.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3320 on: February 04, 2019, 12:23:15 PM »
RK, BB and TB make this a Dynasty. And what they have done in the era of free agency is more impressive than what any other Dynasty in any other sport has ever accomplished.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3321 on: February 04, 2019, 01:08:08 PM »
RK, BB and TB make this a Dynasty. And what they have done in the era of free agency is more impressive than what any other Dynasty in any other sport has ever accomplished.

Yeah; read "Dynasty" by Peter Golenbock, about the Yankee teams from '49 to '64.   You have guys like Joe Collins, Gil McDougall, Hank Bauer, that were All-Stars on any other team coming to camp with the mindset that "I have to earn my job".    This is one of the things I like about Belichick, and why he's the last of his breed:  he is asking guys that are Hall of Famers to fight like they're rookies.  Some do it (Wilfork, Edelman, most of his O-line) and you have some that don't want to (Welker, Blount, I guess Butler) and they're buying Pats Super Bowl swag from that infomercial that airs immediately following the game.   Brady - arguably the greatest of all time , if not, then one of them - saying to anyone that would listen, "Not happy with the way the offense played today".   That's not fake humility; by all accounts, that's what he REALLY feels.

And not to pick on anyone, but to say "Goff didn't this" or the "Rams D didn't that", I think there's at least 50-50 credit to the Pats for disrupting their scheme.  The one thing I can say the Rams DIDN'T do is adjust quickly enough.   But honestly?  I think the Rams will be back, but that was age over beauty last night.   No knock at all to be schooled by a Jedi like Belichick. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3322 on: February 04, 2019, 01:12:41 PM »
Sheesh, what a year this ended up being. Brady plays like ass, has a 27 QBR, but since BB is a defensive wizard and the other QB was even stinkier ass, they win anyway. 13 points and a win  :facepalm:. The Rams' D deserved better, they balled all day and Cooks dropped 2 TD passes. One was Goff's fault for throwing an hour late but he should have held the other even while being interfered with a little. Also McVay's game plan sucked hard.

Now let's everyone be sane and have some rational perspective. This is NOT the greatest sports dynasty of all time. First point: you can't go 10 years without a championship and call that period a dynasty. The Steelers and Giants each won 2 Super Bowls from 2005-2014 while the Patriots had 0. You can call it 2 mini-dynasties from 2001-2004 and 2014-2018 if you'd like, no argument there. Second point: Boston fans are disrespecting THEIR OWN basketball team, who had a real dynasty in the 60s - 8 straight championships! The Bulls had 6 in 8 years. But the greatest dynasty of all time is still the New York Yankees from 1923-1962. They won 20 championships in 39 years, including 5 in a row, 4 in a row, and 12 of 17 from 1936-1953. And it's HARDER in baseball, because you can't get the ball to your star player every play like you can with a QB or point guard.

So congrats to the Pats, you're now tied with Pittsburgh with 6 Lombardis, but let's have a clear head about dynasties.

I'm not sure I get this.  There is a QB and coach in place for both.  They've been competitive throughout this 18 years.  It's semantics not to call it a dynasty.  Call it 2 dynasty's if you'd like.  It doesn't really matter.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3323 on: February 04, 2019, 01:39:26 PM »
Right..
From 2005-2013, the Patriots:

Made the playoffs in 8 of the 9 years (Went 11-5 in 2008 with Matt Cassel)
12-4 ave W-L record
Reached the AFC Championship in 5 of the 9 years
Reached the Superbowl twice

Pretty sure 26 other teams would've loved to have had a run like that.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3324 on: February 04, 2019, 01:59:26 PM »
Uh ... yeah... even as a Pats - nay, BOSTON - hater, I will acknowledge that this is a 18 year dynasty.  The others are impressive for their own reasons, but in the era of 'equality' across the league, what the Pats have accomplished is deserving of the 'dynasty' moniker.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion