3 (3.6%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
1 (1.2%)
Washington Redskins
1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: 2018 NFL Thread - The Dynasty  (Read 187477 times)

Offline jammindude

Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Rams @ Saints - Patriots @ Chiefs
« Reply #3010 on: January 20, 2019, 08:13:57 PM »
No D.....

I'm just dead right now.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Super Bowl LIII - Patriots vs. Rams
« Reply #3011 on: January 20, 2019, 08:14:58 PM »
Decided by a coin flip.  Ugh.

Online TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #3012 on: January 20, 2019, 08:15:45 PM »
Why does nobody in the AFC know how to beat the Patriots in the playoffs?
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3013 on: January 20, 2019, 08:15:48 PM »
I remember cheering for the Pats against the Rams in SB36. My how things have changed.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #3014 on: January 20, 2019, 08:16:10 PM »
Goddamnit, thanks a lot Dee Ford
Photobucket sucks.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3015 on: January 20, 2019, 08:17:09 PM »
Elizabeth. I'm coming to ya!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3016 on: January 20, 2019, 08:17:18 PM »

Seriously, why wouldn't Reid call a time out on the goal line to give his D a breather?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3017 on: January 20, 2019, 08:17:58 PM »
Elizabeth. I'm coming to ya!

Was thinking the same thing, obviously. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3018 on: January 20, 2019, 08:18:07 PM »

The Patriots are undoubtedly great, but it's stuff like that that makes them the luckiest team ever as well.  I can't remember any QB getting bailed out by a game-ending INT by a defender lining up in the neutral zone.  Tom Brady is living the good life and he is as lucky as he is good.  Good for him.  :tup :tup

Excuse me, my Broncos are 3-1 against them in the Brady/Belichick era in the postseason.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3019 on: January 20, 2019, 08:19:08 PM »
Decided by a coin flip.  Ugh.

Eh..that's how close these teams are.

Honestly, I felt the home team would win this game whether it be in KC or NE.

Online faizoff

« Reply #3020 on: January 20, 2019, 08:19:22 PM »
Crazy crazy games today, highly entertaining for a fan of the sport. The superbowl should be an amazing one.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #3021 on: January 20, 2019, 08:20:28 PM »
So many clutch plays by Edelman and Gronk at the end there, what a finish  :o

I feel bad for Reid with the amount of great seasons he's had that have ended in heartbreaking fashion.

Online faizoff

« Reply #3022 on: January 20, 2019, 08:22:52 PM »
Let me also commend Tony Romo's commentating on that entire last drive in OT, dude called almost every play and for a casual fan like myself it was super entertaining to listen. The superbowl should be a fun listen with him.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #3023 on: January 20, 2019, 08:24:27 PM »

Excuse me, my Broncos are 3-1 against them in the Brady/Belichick era in the postseason.

Fair enough. But it’s frustrating watching teams that have been great all year constantly and consistently shoot themselves in the foot when the only thing standing between them and the Super Bowl is Tom Brady/Bill Belichick.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3024 on: January 20, 2019, 08:25:51 PM »

The Patriots are undoubtedly great, but it's stuff like that that makes them the luckiest team ever as well.  I can't remember any QB getting bailed out by a game-ending INT by a defender lining up in the neutral zone.  Tom Brady is living the good life and he is as lucky as he is good.  Good for him.  :tup :tup

It's not lucky when a dummy lines up in the neutral zone 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3025 on: January 20, 2019, 08:26:49 PM »
Let me also commend Tony Romo's commentating on that entire last drive in OT, dude called almost every play and for a casual fan like myself it was super entertaining to listen. The superbowl should be a fun listen with him.

Seriously.  He knows his stuff. Fantastic job.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3026 on: January 20, 2019, 08:28:49 PM »

Fair enough. But it’s frustrating watching teams that have been great all year constantly and consistently shoot themselves in the foot when the only thing standing between them and the Super Bowl is Tom Brady/Bill Belichick.

Sometimes you have to give the devils their due. Neither their win vs. LA or vs. KC was due to the other team shooting themselves in the foot

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #3027 on: January 20, 2019, 08:34:09 PM »
Brady/Belichek record in AFC Championship Games is now 9-4.

I feel bad for the Chiefs, although they kind of got bailed out with penalties on their last touchdown drive; but if I was a Chiefs fan, I would probably be harping on the Off-sides call.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3028 on: January 20, 2019, 08:34:23 PM »

Seriously.  He knows his stuff. Fantastic job.

I love Tony Romo doing the games. Seriously. I actually feel like I learn something.

Sometimes you have to give the devils their due. Neither their win vs. LA or vs. KC was due to the other team shooting themselves in the foot

Well, for the Chargers to shoot themselves in the foot, they would've actually had to show up.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3029 on: January 20, 2019, 08:43:31 PM »
Eddleman caught a break. The ball definitely missed him cleanly, but he never should have been within 10 yards of the fucking thing to begin with.

The dude's just about Kreskin. He called the end of the game dead-on. At the same time, as  Patriots fan I really wanted him to STFU. I was wanting more game than Romo. I had to work to tune him out.

They just made up for it for not calling holding/PI on Berry.
Yep. And then they missed three different holds against Gronk on the next play. The Roughing call is as bad as I've ever seen, but I saw enough bad calls in the 4th to go around.

Go Pats. I'm pretty fucking happy about the whole thing.  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3030 on: January 20, 2019, 08:44:01 PM »
Romo does a damn fine job.

That said, this will probably be the first Super Bowl since the early 90's I do not go out of my way to watch, and no I am not just saying that.  Stan Kroenke's team vs the Patriots is just too gross to endure.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3031 on: January 20, 2019, 08:45:19 PM »
You want me to PM you the results after the game? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3032 on: January 20, 2019, 08:47:28 PM »
No need. I have a group text with my brother and a few friends from our football league; that will be impossible to avoid.  Odds are, this year I will end up going to someone's SB party, which I usually avoid because I want to watch this game, but this year not so much.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #3033 on: January 20, 2019, 08:47:29 PM »
Thanks Dee Ford. Now everyone will blissfully forget that Brady threw a game-ending INT (his third pick of the game). ESPN has “questionable” roughing call headline on home page. Ya think?  :lol .  And thanks to the fact that NE wins the coin toss way more than 50% of the time, 10% of the nation will enjoy the SB instead of 99%.  :sadpanda:

Tony Romo should be KC’s defensive coordinator, he knew every play coming.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3034 on: January 20, 2019, 08:48:50 PM »

Tony Romo should be KC’s defensive coordinator, he knew every play coming.

:lol

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3035 on: January 20, 2019, 09:02:16 PM »
No dogs in the hunt today....and both my wife and I are drained.  We feel for the Saints and Chiefs fans....these games will leave a bitter taste for years, especially since each team did have their chances (Lee Evans drops the winning TD, Billy Cundiff then hooks the FG....nope, haven't forgotten the Ravens loss at NE). 

As to Romo.....Tony, once you've made your point, you don't need to go on for another sentence or three. 

And did he really make some comparison of a booth review to the Grassy Knoll?!?  We keep the volume down quite low so as not to hear most of his speeches, but we did hear that. 
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline dparrott

« Reply #3036 on: January 20, 2019, 11:50:00 PM »
The Rams' no call sucked, but you can't blame the refs on throwing an INT in OT!  They had their chance to win it.

I had hopes for the Chiefs, but Brady being f'n Brady dammit. 

So we'll have a veteran QB and HC against a 3rd year QB and 2nd year HC.  Greaaaat.  Good luck with that.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #3037 on: January 21, 2019, 01:02:21 AM »
The OT doesn't happen if the call is made correctly. It's like telling someone they'd have never been evicted if they would've had a second job to make money cuz their primary job skipped town and never paid them.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3038 on: January 21, 2019, 07:06:05 AM »
To be this consistent in this era designed to promote parity......it's absolutely incredible. Hate em if you want to or need to, but there is no denying how great of an accomplishment this sustained success of New England has been.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3039 on: January 21, 2019, 07:11:31 AM »
Mahomes was pressured on 45% of his drop backs (by a defense Pats fans told me was trash and would never get this team to the Super Bowl this year). 

Brady's uniform at the end of the game looked as clean as it did at the beginning (despite KC having a great pass rush, the only good part of their defense).

That is all coaching.

Yesterday was just more proof that Belichick is the unquestioned GOAT who still deserves the lion's share of credit for this unprecedented dynasty.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #3040 on: January 21, 2019, 07:19:16 AM »
As a Chiefs fan that was a tough loss (LINE UP IN THE RIGHT SPOT DEE FORD AND YOU"RE IN THE SUPER BOWL) but I figured their defense was going to let them down. Didn't get to Brady once. Be surprised if they keep their Def Coordinator. If they can keep that offense and give Mahommes weapons they'll win at least one super bowl in the next decade.

The refs were equally terrible in each game.

Random though, while the odds of two OT Conference Champ games ever occurring again is close to 0 I'd like to see the NFL tweak the OT rule for the playoffs which gives each team the ball once regardless if the first team gets a touchdown. Who in the world didn't want to see if Mahommes could go and score again?

Super Bowl Prediction- I don't see Brady losing back-to-back super bowls. The Rams secondary is worse than the Chiefs. Pats win again in a surprising blow out.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3041 on: January 21, 2019, 07:24:46 AM »
poor officiating aside, as someone not a fan of either team, I am just glad we got really fun and exciting games to watch yesterday

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3042 on: January 21, 2019, 07:54:57 AM »
Mahomes was pressured on 45% of his drop backs (by a defense Pats fans told me was trash and would never get this team to the Super Bowl this year). 

Brady's uniform at the end of the game looked as clean as it did at the beginning (despite KC having a great pass rush, the only good part of their defense).

That is all coaching.

Yesterday was just more proof that Belichick is the unquestioned GOAT who still deserves the lion's share of credit for this unprecedented dynasty.

If you watched every game this year you would feel the same about this defense.  I am so glad to be wrong. 

The Pats never seemed like a team that could "Turn the switch on" like you see in basketball a lot.  They have this year.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #3043 on: January 21, 2019, 08:00:14 AM »
The OT doesn't happen if the call is made correctly. It's like telling someone they'd have never been evicted if they would've had a second job to make money cuz their primary job skipped town and never paid them.

True, but Brady got to OT and won it.  Brees had the same opportunity and didn't. 
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline rab7

« Reply #3044 on: January 21, 2019, 08:20:20 AM »

And did he really make some comparison of a booth review to the Grassy Knoll?!?  We keep the volume down quite low so as not to hear most of his speeches, but we did hear that.

It wasn't just Romo. I was listening on Westwood One, and Harlan said it was like "the Zapruder film".