3 (3.6%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
1 (1.2%)
Washington Redskins
1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: 2018 NFL Thread - The Dynasty  (Read 186718 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Seahawks vs. Cowboys
« Reply #2660 on: January 06, 2019, 08:32:41 AM »
Bad beat for those who had Dallas minus 2 1/2 points. :lol :lol

For all of his success in Seattle, Pete Carroll has one road playoff win (the one at Washington where they were getting clowned before RG3 got hurt).

He's also got one @Minnesota, where he was the beneficiary of Blair Walsh's terrible missed kick.

Good call, I forgot about that one.  :tup :tup

Offline TheCountOfNYC

Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Chargers vs. Ravens
« Reply #2661 on: January 06, 2019, 11:23:49 AM »
Ugh. Losing Melvin Gordon would be a tremendous loss for Los Angeles.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2662 on: January 06, 2019, 11:46:04 AM »
When does Flacco come in?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #2663 on: January 06, 2019, 12:16:48 PM »
Good to see the Chargers sticking to the run game that isn’t working...
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2664 on: January 06, 2019, 12:29:39 PM »

It is working. 12-0 is 12-0.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #2665 on: January 06, 2019, 12:49:02 PM »

It is working. 12-0 is 12-0.

Fair enough. But as we just saw, field goals won’t cut it in the playoffs. That blocked kick could serve as a huge momentum swing. Right now, LA’s offense isn’t playing with the killer instinct needed to go far in the playoffs.

EDIT: On the plus side, the defense is playing lights out right now.

-MirrorMask

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2666 on: January 06, 2019, 12:50:30 PM »

Fair enough. But as we just saw, field goals won’t cut it in the playoffs. That blocked kick could serve as a huge momentum swing. Right now, LA’s offense isn’t playing with the killer instinct needed to go far in the playoffs.

I disagree.  Both defenses are playing great, and field goals have them leading 12-0.  The Chargers offense is playing smart and efficient.  No need to get crazy aggressive and risk turning it over and letting the Ravens back in it.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #2667 on: January 06, 2019, 12:52:03 PM »

I disagree.  Both defenses are playing great, and field goals have them leading 12-0.  The Chargers offense is playing smart and efficient.  No need to get crazy aggressive and risk turning it over and letting the Ravens back in it.

I guess I’m being overly critical since this is the first time in a while where it feels like a team I genuinely like looks like a contender.

-MirrorMask

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2668 on: January 06, 2019, 12:58:15 PM »
And now their idiot TD fumbles fighting for extra yards and the Ravens have a little life.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #2669 on: January 06, 2019, 01:04:49 PM »
It doesn’t matter who wins this game. Neither of these teams looks good enough to beat the Patriots, Chiefs, or Colts.

-MirrorMask

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2670 on: January 06, 2019, 01:23:44 PM »
Holy crap!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2671 on: January 06, 2019, 01:26:08 PM »
Crazy play....this game is exciting...and that excitement has zero to do with Lamar Jackson....thus far

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2672 on: January 06, 2019, 01:28:07 PM »
That was the right call being down at the 1 foot line.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #2673 on: January 06, 2019, 01:29:31 PM »
Crazy play....this game is exciting...and that excitement has zero to do with Lamar Jackson....thus far

I wouldn’t be surprised if we have a Flacco sighting on the next drive.

-MirrorMask

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2674 on: January 06, 2019, 01:32:21 PM »
Nope.

Snd the fans are booing. They want Flacco in.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2675 on: January 06, 2019, 01:35:07 PM »
It doesn’t matter who wins this game. Neither of these teams looks good enough to beat the Patriots, Chiefs, or Colts.

I don't get this.....what more do the Chargers need to show you? They've been the most impressive road team in the league this year..... And what they're doing in Baltimore right now is impressive as hell.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #2676 on: January 06, 2019, 01:40:28 PM »
I don't understand that at all either... I'd be terrified of this Chargers team if I were the Patriots. And it's not like they haven't already gone into Arrowhead and beaten the Chiefs.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #2677 on: January 06, 2019, 01:57:28 PM »

I don't get this.....what more do the Chargers need to show you? They've been the most impressive road team in the league this year..... And what they're doing in Baltimore right now is impressive as hell.

I’m extremely cynical when it comes to sports. Chalk it up to being a Jets fan first and foremost, but knowing that the winner goes to New England, I want to see that one of these offenses will be able to hang with Tom Brady.

-MirrorMask

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2678 on: January 06, 2019, 02:06:25 PM »
I don't understand that at all either... I'd be terrified of this Chargers team if I were the Patriots. And it's not like they haven't already gone into Arrowhead and beaten the Chiefs.

It's weird to explain but we've always taken care of business with the Chargers. 

The way the Pats have played all year I should worry but I don't.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2679 on: January 06, 2019, 02:08:41 PM »
Certainly an interesting finish...

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2680 on: January 06, 2019, 02:10:28 PM »
I don't see Jackson being the first rookie QB to win in Foxborough.

Keeping Jackson in rather than Flacko is the right move, win or lose. Jackson's going to be their QB for quite some time, and you have to give him this experience.

Haven't seen him play much, but the dude throws a pretty deep ball when he has the time.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2681 on: January 06, 2019, 02:22:09 PM »
Bring on the Chargers.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2682 on: January 06, 2019, 02:26:26 PM »
Rivers vs. Brady.

0-7.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #2683 on: January 06, 2019, 02:26:40 PM »
Bring on the Chargers.

Bring on the Patriots.

-MirrorMask

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Eagles vs. Bears
« Reply #2684 on: January 06, 2019, 02:27:00 PM »
BRING ON THE BEARS!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2685 on: January 06, 2019, 02:33:18 PM »

Offline T-ski

« Reply #2686 on: January 06, 2019, 02:36:32 PM »
Go Pack Go!

Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #2687 on: January 06, 2019, 02:43:05 PM »
Bring on the Chargers.

Bring on the Patriots.

Gave up on the J-E-T-S eh?

The Jets will always be number one, but I love the Chargers and hate the Patriots.

-MirrorMask

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2688 on: January 06, 2019, 02:46:01 PM »
I knew the hate but didn't know you loved the Chargers.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2689 on: January 06, 2019, 03:03:47 PM »
He does now. ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2690 on: January 06, 2019, 03:10:17 PM »
He does now. ;D

:lol

This is a fun topic.   I always admired Pittsburgh in my youth.  Obviously they were great and that's why.

I can admire individual players while hating teams.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #2691 on: January 06, 2019, 03:26:54 PM »

I’ve had a powder blue Gates jersey for years now. Not a fan of the move to LA after the Rams already relocated, ensuring that they’ll be the least popular team in the area, but I’ve always supported them since I first started really getting into football.

-MirrorMask

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2692 on: January 06, 2019, 03:28:36 PM »

I’ve had a powder blue Gates jersey for years now. Not a fan of the move to LA after the Rams already relocated, ensuring that they’ll be the least popular team in the area, but I’ve always supported them since I first started really getting into football.

Sounds like they're going to be the Jets of the west.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2693 on: January 06, 2019, 03:33:40 PM »

That's cool. I agree with not liking the move.  Unlike N.Y, who can support 2 football teams, L.A. can't.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2694 on: January 06, 2019, 03:58:24 PM »
Chargers tried to blow that, but hung on. Lamar Jackson was beyond awful and only put up numbers late when the Chargers went into prevent mode.  Had they put Flacco in earlier, they might have had a better shot to win.

Bears/Eagles game is fun. Lots of good D.