3 (3.6%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
1 (1.2%)
Washington Redskins
1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: 2018 NFL Thread - The Dynasty  (Read 185111 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Russell Wilson - "Notoriously Dirty Player"
« Reply #2345 on: December 10, 2018, 08:35:58 PM »
I had really come around on thinking Cousins was really good, but this season has told me that my original hunch was correct. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2346 on: December 10, 2018, 08:37:01 PM »
His offensive line is atrocious though.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2347 on: December 10, 2018, 08:41:34 PM »
Now I turn on the game and see why.  Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2348 on: December 10, 2018, 08:43:38 PM »
Missed a wide open Dalvin Cook on the 4th and goal from the 1, instead throwing to a covered Kyle Rudolph.

Just made a bad throw to Thielen on 3rd and 9.

He just misses too many throws and gets rattled too easily.  He's like a poor man's Matt Ryan: give him a clean pocket and he can look great, but get pressure on him and he falls apart.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2349 on: December 10, 2018, 08:47:38 PM »
I'd like to say my eyeballs hate this game.  Those 3rd uniforms for Seattle should be burned never to be used again.

Offline mikeyd23

Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Monsters of the Midway
« Reply #2350 on: December 11, 2018, 09:20:31 AM »
LOL, exactly.

And Mike Tomlin should be thanking Belichick.  His boneheaded coaching was largely ignored on the various sports shows I DVR'd today since all they wanted to talk about, in regards to coaching, was Belichick's mistake at the end. 

Not sure how a coach not putting his HOF QB back in a game they ended up losing, and to the worst team in the league, isn't major news, but it just shows again how in love the media is with Mike Tomlin.  Must be nice.

Yup, and it's killing Steeler fans, Sunday was the perfect storm of all of Tomlin's dumb tendencies wrapped into one loss. And it's still not getting as much talk in the media as it should.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2351 on: December 11, 2018, 10:36:57 AM »

You're right.  Instead of giving Cousins $84M guaranteed, they should've used it to build an O-line.  :justjen
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2352 on: December 11, 2018, 10:50:52 AM »

You're right.  Instead of giving Cousins $84M guaranteed, they should've used it to build an O-line.  :justjen

There's a balance.  If you are going to pay a QB that much you better keep him upright.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2353 on: December 11, 2018, 11:32:33 AM »

There's a balance.  If you are going to pay a QB that much you better keep him upright.

Look, I get it; no QB is perfect.  Certainly, if there's a way of getting to Brady, it's through pressure, but it's not because Brady then resorts to a ton of bad decisions, it's because the timing routes they run rely on precise execution, and pressure disrupts that.  I don't see that as the problem in Minnesota.  Cousins makes BAD DECISIONS.  I think he's good, he's servicable, but I don't think he's the guy that puts you from good to great. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2354 on: December 11, 2018, 11:48:33 AM »
You get pressure on any QB and the % of good decisions goes down dramatically.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2355 on: December 11, 2018, 12:08:12 PM »
You get pressure on any QB and the % of good decisions goes down dramatically.

Wow!!   ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2356 on: December 11, 2018, 12:08:41 PM »
I had the Hawks pegged as an 8-8 team, maybe a 9-7 one. Proved me wrong.

Wasn't there locker room strife because he was not "black" enough? The reports words, not mine! :)

There were reports of that nature, but it was more an issue of him not being "down" with the other players. Race wasn't as much of an issue as much as him not connecting with many other players outside the locker room. While they are all out at dinner or the clubs, he's at home studying his bible. He also threw the pass the Malcolm Butler. No, it wasn't his call, but it was his throw.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2357 on: December 11, 2018, 12:57:02 PM »

Wasn't there locker room strife because he was not "black" enough? The reports words, not mine! :)

There were reports of that nature, but it was more an issue of him not being "down" with the other players. Race wasn't as much of an issue as much as him not connecting with many other players outside the locker room. While they are all out at dinner or the clubs, he's at home studying his bible. He also threw the pass the Malcolm Butler. No, it wasn't his call, but it was his throw.
He's one of those? Didn't know that. Maybe Bosk was right after all.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2358 on: December 11, 2018, 01:11:23 PM »

He's one of those? Didn't know that. Maybe Bosk was right after all.

Yeah, famously he and Ciara held out - https://www.mtv.com/news/2205400/russell-wilson-ciara-celibacy/ - and I thought it was based in his Christianity.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2359 on: December 11, 2018, 01:15:19 PM »
Yup, he is "one of those" types of religious folk.  No issues from me though.  Probably not the person I'd want to hang with but I respect him living his life that way if he chooses to.  Doesn't make him a bad dude in any way.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2360 on: December 11, 2018, 01:27:30 PM »
It was a bit of a joke around here, with the sports radio talking heads saying "I couldn't hold out 5 minutes with Ciara...."

Which reminds me, did anyone know who Ciara was prior to her hooking up with him? Does anyone now? Around here she is a First Name Only celeb, as in "Reporters saw Ciara at the film premier last night." When it became news they were dating I had to Google her to see what her claim to fame was.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2361 on: December 11, 2018, 02:02:47 PM »
Yup, he is "one of those" types of religious folk.  No issues from me though.  Probably not the person I'd want to hang with but I respect him living his life that way if he chooses to.  Doesn't make him a bad dude in any way.
I was being facetious about him being a bad dude because of it. He's certainly not my kind of people, though.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline dparrott

« Reply #2362 on: December 11, 2018, 03:16:25 PM »
I'm in the minority with the neon unis.  I love em!  And the Orlando Thunder's too.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2363 on: December 11, 2018, 03:55:33 PM »
Which reminds me, did anyone know who Ciara was prior to her hooking up with him? Does anyone now? Around here she is a First Name Only celeb, as in "Reporters saw Ciara at the film premier last night." When it became news they were dating I had to Google her to see what her claim to fame was.

I have no idea who she is.  When I saw Stadler's reference to her, I thought he wrote "Clara" and thought that was a rather old-fashioned name for someone who I assume is in her 20s.  Also made me think of Doc Brown's wife.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2364 on: December 11, 2018, 05:14:08 PM »
Pre-Week 15 Power Rankings
1. Saints - got everything settled after a rough six quarters
2. Chiefs - epic comeback, now a strong favorite to get home field
3. Rams - they looked like they wanted to be anywhere but playing in the cold
4. Chargers - need to win Thursday and another KC loss to have a shot to win the division
5. Patriots - still 12th in the NFL in points allowed, but the D struggles on the road
6. Bears - statement win over the Rams
7. Cowboys - that defense and running game will make them a tough out
8. Texans - just when we thought we could trust them...
9. Seahawks - Pete Carroll is coaching his ass off
10. Colts - Luck is back to form and the defense is improved

Trending up:
Dolphins - Miami Miracle gives them a shot to snag a wild card
Ravens - despite the tough loss, they could steal the North
Giants - wonder if this good second half will make them bring Eli back
Titans - impossible to know if the good Titans or the bad Titans will show up
Packers - a strong finish following McCarthy's ouster is predictable

Trending down:
Steelers - they have a lot of bleeding to stop
Vikings - might still eke into the playoffs, but this ain't the team it was last year
Panthers - I am still stunned by this collapse
Redskins - no QB, no shot
Falcons - a major disappointment

Top 5 MVP Contenders
1. Patrick Mahomes - I think that 4th and 9 play wrapped up the award
2. Drew Brees - needs a spectacular finish to steal the award back
3. Philip Rivers - still killing it
4. Andrew Luck - imagine if he gets some good WRs aside from Hilton?
5. Russell Wilson - what a playmaker

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2365 on: December 11, 2018, 06:12:23 PM »
Patrick Mahomes.  Not enough platitudes I could say about him.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2366 on: December 11, 2018, 09:27:43 PM »
Patrick Mahomes.  Not enough platitudes I could say about him.

So, as a Ravens fan, that's what I was yelling at the screen on both of those 4th down conversions....... :censored...I mean 'platitudes'.

Yeah, the kid is pretty damn good.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2367 on: December 12, 2018, 08:21:13 AM »
Yeah, he made a couple of throws that looked impossible last game.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2368 on: December 12, 2018, 09:32:26 AM »
Kev, been wondering that as well about Eli.  They made some moves and seemed to have really "fixed" (quotes because it still sucks but its much improved) the OL and it has shown in Eli and Barkley playing much better.  (They are averaging over 30 points a game now in this stretch too).  Eli isn't a world beater, but he looks like he is holding his own now.  I still think the Giants need to draft a QB in the first round, but maybe this gives Eli another year starting with the draft pick to take over if he is bad or the next year when I can't imagine Eli still playing.

I've also got to add that I absolutely love Barkley, the guy says and does all the right things.  I'm starting to feel like his leadership is going to rub off on others and hopefully elevate this team in the future.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #2369 on: December 12, 2018, 10:54:47 AM »
Giants fans who shit on Eli should be ashamed of themselves. That guy is, statistically speaking, having one of his finest seasons behind a terrible line, and everyone just rips him apart. I'm a Jets fan, and I should never say nice things about a Giants player, but Eli has been all class, and has had a hell of a career, and has been the QB on two Super Bowl teams. He's totally disrespected, and I sincerely hope he finishes this year up on a high note, and then just retires. Leave the Giants to figure it out on their own, if he isn't good enough.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2370 on: December 12, 2018, 02:30:01 PM »
^ That.  I'm certainly no fan of the Giants but I'll give credit where it's due.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2371 on: December 12, 2018, 08:46:44 PM »
Eh, I guess it shows how great Eli has not been when a season where he is 18th in passer rating and 27th in QBR is one of his best statistical seasons.

Offline Architeuthis

Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Monsters of the Midway
« Reply #2372 on: December 13, 2018, 02:41:53 AM »
having watched Wilson play at Wisconsin and watching him sporadically throughout his NFL career, I've never heard of him being a dirty player.
I've watched pretty much every Seahawks game since 2013 and I've never seen Russel Wilson play dirty, or even talk trash.  He's always been a class act on and off the field and has a positive outlook on things.   The Seahawks are getting tougher as the season goes on and are playing as good as anybody, same with the Dallas Cowboys!
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Chargers vs. Chiefs!
« Reply #2373 on: December 13, 2018, 05:11:21 AM »
Big game tonight boys!

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2374 on: December 13, 2018, 08:17:31 AM »
Big game tonight boys!
Yeah, as much as we bitch that TNF always sucks, I'm not sure having the game of the week on Thursday is a good thing. Most of the Sunday schedule kind of blows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2375 on: December 13, 2018, 09:28:54 AM »
Big game tonight boys!
Yeah, as much as we bitch that TNF always sucks, I'm not sure having the game of the week on Thursday is a good thing. Most of the Sunday schedule kind of blows.

I think that the schedule makers had good intentions.  Pittsburgh vs. New England is always good. Eagles vs. Rams was thought to be a game between two title contenders. And the Monday night game, New Orleans at Carolina looked to be a very important game in the NFC South, but partially due to Carolina's collapse, that division has already been crowned.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2376 on: December 13, 2018, 09:33:56 AM »
Big game tonight boys!
What makes it a good thing is everyone gets to see it.  Unlike the Sunday schedule when your shitty local team is always televised and you're held hostage from watching a better game (unless of course you pay extra for NFL Sunday Ticket).  In my case that would be the Arizona Canaries...errr...Cardinals.  :\

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2377 on: December 13, 2018, 09:47:18 AM »
Big game tonight boys!
What makes it a good thing is everyone gets to see it.  Unlike the Sunday schedule when your shitty local team is always televised and you're held hostage from watching a better game (unless of course you pay extra for NFL Sunday Ticket).  In my case that would be the Arizona Canaries...errr...Cardinals.  :\
Isn't TNF a cable-only kind of thing?
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2378 on: December 13, 2018, 11:05:51 AM »
Eh, I guess it shows how great Eli has not been when a season where he is 18th in passer rating and 27th in QBR is one of his best statistical seasons.

Because those are the only two stats that matter.  ;)

David Garrard has the 9th best season QBR EVER. That should say enough right there.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2379 on: December 13, 2018, 12:35:16 PM »
So thinking ahead to how the NE-Pitt game might play out. So far Ben has probably had a slightly better season than Brady; more yards, more touchdowns, higher QBR (and yes, 5 more picks). He's had less support from the running game as NE has more rushing yards and higher yards per attempt. Lately the Steelers' D and the special teams have been very shitty so I assume Ben will be asked to win the game mostly by himself again. Such is life under Tomlin.

For the drinking game:
Take a drink every time Tomlin is shown looking clueless on the sideline
Take a drink every time Tomlin misuses a timeout or a challenge
Take a drink every time AB is mugged without a flag (and in the interest of fairness, insert Gronk in here if you wish :tup)
Take a drink every time a Steeler receiver drops a TD pass or a long gainer
Take a drink every time a controversial call goes against the home team
Take a drink every time a Patriot receiver is wide open due to blown coverage

But in all seriousness, just hoping for a good game.