3 (3.6%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
1 (1.2%)
Washington Redskins
1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: 2018 NFL Thread - The Dynasty  (Read 187979 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2018 NFL Thread - McCarthy sent Packing
« Reply #2275 on: December 09, 2018, 08:54:51 AM »
There is very little hate for Russell Wilson, a segment of 49ers fans notwithstanding.  He is well-liked and well-respected by most, largely because he is a great player and a classic individual. :tup :tup

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2276 on: December 09, 2018, 08:58:47 AM »
I like Russel Wilson.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2277 on: December 09, 2018, 12:15:50 PM »
Thank you NFL owners for this arena bowl football I'm watching in Miami today.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2278 on: December 09, 2018, 12:27:31 PM »
After looking like the '99 Rams for a better of a month, tearing defenses apart left and right, the Saints have now scored 13 points in the last six quarters. :eek :eek

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2279 on: December 09, 2018, 12:57:16 PM »
Referees continue to suck ass. I don't know how challenging a fumble recovery after a big scrum works, but that was definitely Patriot's ball.

And yeah, I'm wondering if Dallas broke the Saints.

Dolphins are having to use motion on their punts now.  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2280 on: December 09, 2018, 01:11:22 PM »
Man the Pats are trying to give this game away.

1.  Missed extra point.
2.  Not getting a Field Goal  before halftime.
3.  Missed Field Goal.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2281 on: December 09, 2018, 02:11:32 PM »
Are you fucking kidding me?

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2282 on: December 09, 2018, 02:16:40 PM »
Patriots aren't good tacklers. They had a TE in instead of a safety. Miami executed that perfectly, and made some great blocks.

Go Baltimore!
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #2283 on: December 09, 2018, 02:25:22 PM »
Patriots aren't good tacklers. They had a TE in instead of a safety. Miami executed that perfectly, and made some great blocks.

Go Baltimore!

Crazy to think that with Houston and New England going down, if Baltimore pulls off the upset, the Chargers would be able to win their way to home field advantage.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2284 on: December 09, 2018, 02:25:37 PM »
Watching that game right now!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2285 on: December 09, 2018, 02:26:18 PM »
Go Dolphins!!

This Ravens/Chiefs is the best game of the season.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2286 on: December 09, 2018, 02:34:21 PM »
Well, not this year for the Pats.  Their play won't get them by the Divisional round 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2287 on: December 09, 2018, 03:17:57 PM »
That was pathetic.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2288 on: December 09, 2018, 06:07:16 PM »
How can Tomlin possibly defend this latest gaffe?? Refusing to use his timeouts while Oak marched for the go-ahead score. Resulted in a field goal on a slippery field instead of having plenty of time to try for a TD. I HATE Tomlin, and I HATE kickers.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2289 on: December 09, 2018, 06:18:25 PM »
Just be happy your head coach isn't Vance Joseph.  If he's brought back next season, Elway is officially out of his mind.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2290 on: December 09, 2018, 06:19:54 PM »
You two make me feel better.   Lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2291 on: December 09, 2018, 06:22:52 PM »
The Steelers are in real trouble.  They always struggle against the Patriots anyway, and Belichick is gonna be in a foul mood this week, relative to his normal foulness. :lol :lol

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #2292 on: December 09, 2018, 06:26:51 PM »
Right now the Chiefs and Chargers look like the class of the AFC.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2293 on: December 09, 2018, 06:41:51 PM »
The Steelers are in real trouble.  They always struggle against the Patriots anyway, and Belichick is gonna be in a foul mood this week, relative to his normal foulness. :lol :lol

You want me to send you his Monday interview he does weekly on a local sports radio? Lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2294 on: December 09, 2018, 07:41:27 PM »
Haha, I will pass. I already deal with two cranky older men at work every day...don't need a third on a Monday. :lol :lol

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #2295 on: December 09, 2018, 11:32:21 PM »
If Cleveland wins out, they could steal the NFC North, and it's a legitimate possibility too. Baltimore and Pittsburgh have tough schedules. Should the Ravens go 1-1 over the next two weeks against the Buccaneers and Chargers, they'll be 8-7 going into their Week 17 showdown against the Browns. Meanwhile, the Steelers could easily go 0-2 against the Patriots and Saints, putting them at 7-7-1 with a game against Cincinnati to finish out the season. The Browns on the other hand have games against the Broncos and Bengals and could realistically go 2-0, putting them at 7-7-1 with the aforementioned game against the Ravens standing in between them and a chance at the playoffs. If Cleveland beats Baltimore and Cincinnati decides to play spoiler to Pittsburgh, the Browns are the 2018 AFC North Champions at 8-7-1.

-MirrorMask

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2296 on: December 10, 2018, 04:55:49 AM »
Pete gets a pass up here because of his youthful enthusiasm and general likeability (unlike say a Belichick). Bringing a city its first major sports championship in almost 40 years also helps.

And yet that’s exactly why Belichick is loved in New England. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2297 on: December 10, 2018, 06:07:00 AM »
Haha, I will pass. I already deal with two cranky older men at work every day...don't need a third on a Monday. :lol :lol

:lol

You'd laugh so hard.  He's not very talkative on a radio show when they lose.  lol

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Monsters of the Midway
« Reply #2298 on: December 10, 2018, 06:35:54 AM »
To the Dolphins, this will be the highlight of their season.

For the Patriots, this will be an afterthought for what looks to be another deep playoff run.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2299 on: December 10, 2018, 06:44:51 AM »

For the Patriots, this will be an afterthought for what looks to be another deep playoff run.

I'm not sure how deep this year DOC.  There is something off this yard with the team which makes 9-4 seem good but they can't win on the road.  They might not get the 2 seed.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2300 on: December 10, 2018, 08:29:34 AM »

I'm not sure how deep this year DOC.  There is something off this yard with the team which makes 9-4 seem good but they can't win on the road.  They might not get the 2 seed.
I'm with Doc here. NE's trouble will come in the ACG. Unless they seriously blunder (like yesterday) they'll still have a first round bye. They'll play up for the divisional game. The problem is if they have to go to KC. Of the remaining teams LAC are the only one that are really concerning, and @KC.
E.F. Benson

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #2301 on: December 10, 2018, 09:09:03 AM »
How can Tomlin possibly defend this latest gaffe?? Refusing to use his timeouts while Oak marched for the go-ahead score. Resulted in a field goal on a slippery field instead of having plenty of time to try for a TD. I HATE Tomlin, and I HATE kickers.

Even better yet, he admitted post game that Ben had been cleared to go back out and play and Tomlin kept him out for a whole series before sending him back in because they were in the "flow of the game".... What. The. Heck. By flow of the game I guess he means Dobbs trying not to get completely dominated out there...

That might be one of the dumbest things he's done and furthermore - he admitted it  :lol If he hadn't of said that, we wouldn't even have known.

As for the kicker, I honestly laughed when Boswell fell. He's been so bad this year and the team has been dragging their feet to get a new kicker in there for some mysterious reason. This should (hopefully) force their hand.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2302 on: December 10, 2018, 09:10:36 AM »
While that is a high percentage, the Texans can win out and we lose one and The Pats are in the wildcard game.

They have the Jets, Eagles & Jaguars.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2303 on: December 10, 2018, 09:28:31 AM »

I was flying home yesterday and missed any football but OMG that ending was insane  :lol but

this.  I wouldn't pick the Pats to win it all right now, but they are still primed for a deep run.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2304 on: December 10, 2018, 09:35:21 AM »
There is very little hate for Russell Wilson, a segment of 49ers fans notwithstanding.  He is well-liked and well-respected by most, largely because he is a great player and a classic individual. :tup :tup

If you meant "classy," that is a word that should NEVER be used in conjunction with Wilson.  I wouldn't be able to stand the dude if he was playing for my team.  The NFL will be better off the day he stops playing.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2305 on: December 10, 2018, 09:42:24 AM »
Really? I'm not aware of much baggage with him.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #2306 on: December 10, 2018, 09:45:01 AM »
Really? I'm not aware of much baggage with him.

Same. Care to elaborate, bosk?
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2307 on: December 10, 2018, 09:45:52 AM »
Me neither. Seems to be a class act. Spends his off day at the children's hospital. And I love how he's always wearing the team's gear, and finishes each interview with "Go Hawks".

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2308 on: December 10, 2018, 09:46:45 AM »
A quick internet search yields a story that his first wife cheated on him with Golden Tate.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #2309 on: December 10, 2018, 09:48:13 AM »
A quick internet search yields a story that his first wife cheated on him with Golden Tate.

I knew about that. But I am unaware of anything negative he personally has done. Then again, everyone has their skeletons...
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!