3 (3.6%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
1 (1.2%)
Washington Redskins
1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: 2018 NFL Thread - The Dynasty  (Read 186738 times)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Chiefs cut their Kicker
« Reply #2205 on: December 02, 2018, 05:11:20 PM »
And with that, my first bitch.  How was that call not overturned?  He did not get the 1st down.  Even with replay refs blow it.
That forward progress thing was nonsense. On the bright side we got to see Bill yell to "shut the fuck up!" at Adam Theilen's silly ass.

I was waiting for Bill to use some "Force Lightning" on his ass.
That definitely pissed him off.  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2206 on: December 02, 2018, 05:12:39 PM »
One thing I will give the Patriots: getting a bad call (or no-call) in their favor is always like an adrenaline shot to them in their home games.  Get away with blatant PI on defense (on the 3rd down play, not 1st), and then go right down the field on offense and get a TD.

And with that, my first bitch.  How was that call not overturned?  He did not get the 1st down.  Even with replay refs blow it.
That forward progress thing was nonsense. On the bright side we got to see Bill yell to "shut the fuck up!" at Adam Theilen's silly ass.

How does the greatest coach of all time not know which leg his red flag is in?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2207 on: December 02, 2018, 05:14:03 PM »
McCarthy was definitely the dead man walking, but I figured they'd give til the end of the season. I guess they're wanting to give Philben a tryout.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2208 on: December 02, 2018, 05:14:46 PM »
Losing at home to the Cardinals was obviously the final straw.  That is rock bottom.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2209 on: December 02, 2018, 05:30:31 PM »
Browns/Bengals this year with Hue Jackson on their coaching staff: 2-8-1
Browns/Bengals this year without Hue Jackson on their coaching staff: 7-6

:lol :lol :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2210 on: December 02, 2018, 05:40:29 PM »
God damn, Terry Bradshaw. Dude seems kind of pissed off about McCarthy, and pissed off at Rodgers. "Today is Aaron Rodger's 36th birthday. [looks into camera] 'Happy birthday, Aaron. Your coach is fired.' [shakes head in disbelief]"
E.F. Benson

Offline T-ski

« Reply #2211 on: December 02, 2018, 06:40:21 PM »
McCarthy was definitely the dead man walking, but I figured they'd give til the end of the season. I guess they're wanting to give Philben a tryout.

Philbin has zero chance to be HC next season.  They will go outside the organization for sure.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2212 on: December 02, 2018, 06:42:01 PM »

Philbin has zero chance to be HC next season.  They will go outside the organization for sure.
That certainly seems to be the conventional wisdom. If that's the case, the Bradshaw's probably right. It was a gift for Rodgers.
E.F. Benson

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Mahomes is where the heart is.
« Reply #2213 on: December 02, 2018, 07:28:31 PM »
Pre-Week 13 Power Rankings
Trending up:
Ravens - two easy games for Lamar Jackson, but what will happen when he faces a real team?

My stepdaughter attended Delaware, and we attended five games during the two years that Flacco played there, including a wild 59-52 win at Navy (https://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stories/102707acr.html).  So we've had more than a 'love affair' with Joe in Baltimore, good Joe or not so good Joe.  I mean, other than Testaverde for a couple of years in the 90s, and McNair in 2006, QB was a sore spot for this franchise.  Every game during his first seven years meant something, and it's a shame that the Denver HC position opened up after 2014, because we all wish Gary Kubiak had stayed here as OC. 

But the contract he signed after the SB win showed that it's 'all about the money' with nothing to do about winning (if they'd have just had a tad bit more money to keep Anquan Boldin here....).  This year he looked good, he had some above average WRs for a change (last year's group that left the team have ZERO receptions this year). 

So.....sadly.....time to move on.  If Flacco does play again, the run offense will go back to being horrible, the OC will throw 40-50 times, and it will be same inconsistent crap we've seen the past few years.  Plus, the cap hit next year is a ridiculous $27M, so the Ravens might as well let the kid get more experience this year.  Jackson showed some zip and threw a couple of really good looking long passes last week (a spot on 43 yarder called back because of a hold).  None of the defenses he'll face the rest of the year are in the Top 25 except the Chargers.  I hope the kid stays healthy, improves on his mechanics, and can come close to what Watson has as far as that 'IT Factor' some time in the future.  He has already progressed far more than I would have initially predicted.

Maybe they'll get waxed 35-10 against the Falcons, or they'll run and run and run and use up 6-8 minutes on numerous drives as they've done the past two weeks.  At least it will be 'interesting'.

Damn....DragonAttack...you know a thing or two about the game, doncha?" ;)
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2214 on: December 02, 2018, 08:33:04 PM »
The most Tomlin thing ever. Rivers throws a pass right into the DB’s hands but his asshole teammate knocks him silly and the ball falls right into the receiver’s hands for a TD. Unbelievable.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2215 on: December 02, 2018, 09:32:42 PM »
So Collinsworth and Michaels both agree the refs gave the Chargers 2 TDs.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2216 on: December 02, 2018, 09:38:55 PM »
Great win by the Chargers!  They earned that one.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2217 on: December 02, 2018, 11:03:53 PM »
Yup...and suddenly, if not for a deflected OT FG by the Browns, the Ravens would be tied for the divisional lead. 
As is, the Steelers are 7-4-1, the Ravens 7-5.

btw...the rough recap of the Ravens-Falcons game:
Total Plays 77-45
Total Yards 366-131

It's called 'old school, boring' football.

And I loved it.

Bring on the Chiefs.....I like our chances at Arrowhead next weekend.

...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #2218 on: December 03, 2018, 09:12:22 AM »
This thread title change almost gave me a heart attack because I have Butker in 2 of my 3 fantasy leagues then I got the joke. Well played.  ;D

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2219 on: December 03, 2018, 09:34:28 AM »
One thing I will give the Patriots: getting a bad call (or no-call) in their favor is always like an adrenaline shot to them in their home games.  Get away with blatant PI on defense (on the 3rd down play, not 1st), and then go right down the field on offense and get a TD.

How does the greatest coach of all time not know which leg his red flag is in?

I swear to you, I said EXACTLY the same thing to my wife.   I even replayed it to watch it again.    It looked like my dad fumbling for his wallet at the Target checkout.   

But that "Shut the fuck up!" was golden.  I'd actually love to be Thielen though; he can tell his grandkids "yeah, the greatest football coach in the history of the game told me, twice, on national TV  to "Shut the fuck up."  I'd send a still of that as my christmas card each year.  :)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2220 on: December 03, 2018, 10:08:35 AM »
If I recall correctly Bill has bitched about the red flag in the past. He thinks it's silly. A coach should be able to walk over the official right in front of him and say "we're challenging that." If you do the official's going to say "Now, Bill, you know you have to throw the flag first," like some condescending kindergarten teacher. Him fumbling for it certainly reflects his frustration, and the beautifully half-assed way he threw it showed his contempt. I was laughing about that toss before Theilen showed up.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2221 on: December 03, 2018, 11:09:51 AM »
If I recall correctly Bill has bitched about the red flag in the past. He thinks it's silly. A coach should be able to walk over the official right in front of him and say "we're challenging that." If you do the official's going to say "Now, Bill, you know you have to throw the flag first," like some condescending kindergarten teacher. Him fumbling for it certainly reflects his frustration, and the beautifully half-assed way he threw it showed his contempt. I was laughing about that toss before Theilen showed up.

Hearing Joe Buck's sarcasm on the throw added too it.  Too funny.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2222 on: December 03, 2018, 02:13:23 PM »

Yeah, with a little help from the refs.  :lol  I realize bad calls or no calls are just the way it goes sometimes.  However, that no call false start resulting in a TD has to be the all-time bonehead no call in NFL history.  How does a line judge not see that?
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2223 on: December 03, 2018, 02:26:35 PM »

Yeah, with a little help from the refs.  :lol  I realize bad calls or no calls are just the way it goes sometimes.  However, that no call false start resulting in a TD has to be the all-time bonehead no call in NFL history.  How does a line judge not see that?

Agreed. I guess I have been conditioned to not care when calls go against the Steelers, because of a) Super Bowl 40, and b) the attitude of Steelers fans, who when bad calls go their way, say, "You have to overcome bad calls," and when bad calls don't go their way, act like it is the crime of the century.

I think the red flag is good to make it official, otherwise you'd have a coach say he is going to challenge it, only to have an assistant coach, after seeing another replay, tell him not to challenge it, and then the coach will say he never said he wanted to challenge it (and that would absolutely happen at times).  The red flag makes it to where there is no ambiguity.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
Re: 2018 NFL Thread - McCarthy sent Packing
« Reply #2224 on: December 03, 2018, 02:53:33 PM »

Agreed. I guess I have been conditioned to not care when calls go against the Steelers, because of a) Super Bowl 40, and b) the attitude of Steelers fans, who when bad calls go their way, say, "You have to overcome bad calls," and when bad calls don't go their way, act like it is the crime of the century.

Actually, I didn't really care either in regards to a) and b) above.   :tup :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2225 on: December 04, 2018, 10:13:05 AM »
And now the Skins/Kap dynamic has changed considerably. Now Snyder should offer him a job knowing that the reply will be "are you out of your fucking mind!" just to score easy points in the collusion case. TJ Yates, the next 3rd tier QB likely to be deemed better than Kap, should be taking out a massive insurance policy on his legs.

And the refs have been remarkably bad this year. They're looking like those replacement refs a few years back. One's already been fired for blowing calls, and every weekend we see bad calls that are every bit as bad. Not sure what's going on with that. It's not like the rules regarding false start and encroachment have changed.
E.F. Benson

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2226 on: December 04, 2018, 11:03:38 AM »
I still don't see how Kaepernick improves their situation.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2227 on: December 04, 2018, 12:41:22 PM »
And now the Skins/Kap dynamic has changed considerably. Now Snyder should offer him a job knowing that the reply will be "are you out of your fucking mind!" just to score easy points in the collusion case. TJ Yates, the next 3rd tier QB likely to be deemed better than Kap, should be taking out a massive insurance policy on his legs.

And the refs have been remarkably bad this year. They're looking like those replacement refs a few years back. One's already been fired for blowing calls, and every weekend we see bad calls that are every bit as bad. Not sure what's going on with that. It's not like the rules regarding false start and encroachment have changed.

+1 on the refs.   It'd be  one thing if they were corrected with replay or consultation but not even.   I'm almost getting tired of hearing T-Roy saying "I don't see that at all" when it comes to a call/no-call.   

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2228 on: December 04, 2018, 01:12:08 PM »

+1 on the refs.   It'd be  one thing if they were corrected with replay or consultation but not even.   I'm almost getting tired of hearing T-Roy saying "I don't see that at all" when it comes to a call/no-call.
Troy's becoming more entertaining as he gets older and crankier. He's getting more and more outspoken about what he doesn't like or agree with. I always figured Romo would be the one to get in trouble for swearing on the air, but now I keep expecting to hear an exasperated sigh and "that's bullshit" from Troy.
E.F. Benson

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #2229 on: December 04, 2018, 01:19:11 PM »
I heard Jets fans are clamoring for a return of Rex Ryan to liven things up and get the team motivated. If the Jets seriously bring that ass clown back into the fold, you heard it here first -- all my Jets jerseys and apparel will be donated. That guy is a classless idiot, and I can't believe fellow fans would want him back. Sure, Todd Bowles has not been a great head coach at all. And I want him out. But bringing back Ryan? That's the last thing this franchise needs. Thankfully, ownership probably doesn't give a shit what some fans think. But if it happens, there will be a nice donation box for Goodwill from my house.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2230 on: December 04, 2018, 01:39:55 PM »
I always figured Romo would be the one to get in trouble for swearing on the air, but now I keep expecting to hear an exasperated sigh and "that's bullshit" from Troy.
That would be so fantastic.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2231 on: December 04, 2018, 02:08:05 PM »
Yes, it would be and he probably wouldn't get in trouble either.  At least not like Jaws did when he said shit on MNF.  That was hilarious.  :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2232 on: December 04, 2018, 02:40:31 PM »

Troy's becoming more entertaining as he gets older and crankier. He's getting more and more outspoken about what he doesn't like or agree with. I always figured Romo would be the one to get in trouble for swearing on the air, but now I keep expecting to hear an exasperated sigh and "that's bullshit" from Troy.

I love that team; I know Joe Buck is polarizing, but I like him and Troy is turning into a really good announcer (I don't know if the "cranky" plays into that). 

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2233 on: December 04, 2018, 03:07:39 PM »
Can change thread title to "Brandon Browner Sent Packing."
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2234 on: December 04, 2018, 03:10:11 PM »
I've always thought Troy was good.  He knows what he's talking about and breaks it down pretty well.  Joe gets a little corny from time to time but I still like him.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2235 on: December 04, 2018, 05:10:37 PM »
Can change thread title to "Brandon Browner Sent Packing."
Sentenced to 8 years for attempted murder and 5 yards for defensive holding against the bailiff.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Mahomes is where the heart is.
« Reply #2236 on: December 04, 2018, 06:01:03 PM »
Pre-Week 14 Power Rankings
1. Rams - those kind of ugly road wins are character builders
2. Saints - they'll be fine, but that loss could cost them the 1 seed
3. Chiefs - Kareem Hunt drama could be their undoing
4. Patriots - that "awful" defense continues to lead them to wins
5. Chargers - big road comeback win
6. Texans - have a real shot at a bye
7. Bears - tough loss, but going 1-1 in road games without their QB ain't bad
8. Cowboys - impressive win thanks to that defense, which is legit
9. Seahawks - no one should be surprised by this
10. Steelers - this team is a mess

Trending up:
Ravens - how will Lamar Jackson do when he plays a real defense?
Broncos - will likely finish strong, but probably won't be enough to get them in the playoffs
Bucs - will they consider giving Winston one more year?
Giants - Barkley is the offensive rookie of the year
Cardinals - when you're 2-9 and win at GB, that means the arrow is pointing up

Trending down:
Packers - felt like the team wanted McCarthy to get fired
Panthers - stunning plummet after a 6-2 start
Redskins - hard to recover after losing your starting QB, and now they've lost their backup
Falcons - defense isn't good, but even the offense isn't playing well
Benglas - what a joke this franchise is

Top 5 MVP Contenders
1. Patrick Mahomes - back in the lead
2. Drew Brees - just had the setback that could cost him the award
3. Philip Rivers - finally getting his props, but needs some playoff success
4. Jared Goff - still hard to believe how bad he was his rookie season
5. Russell Wilson - his greatness and value has never been more obvious

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2237 on: December 05, 2018, 11:37:03 AM »
Anybody remember way back in 2018 when Josh McDaniels burned any chance of ever getting another head coaching job outside of NE by ghosting the Colts? Eh, neither does anybody else, apparently.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2238 on: December 05, 2018, 11:42:32 AM »
Anybody remember way back in 2018 when Josh McDaniels burned any chance of ever getting another head coaching job outside of NE by ghosting the Colts? Eh, neither does anybody else, apparently.

He won't be ghosting the Packers, I can guarantee you that. I think that's a great gig for him. 

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2239 on: December 05, 2018, 01:41:22 PM »
Today, the XFL officially announced Seattle will have a team.

Yesterday, the NHL officially announced Seattle would receive an expansion team.

In the span of 24 hours, Seattle was granted two professional sports teams.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'