3 (3.6%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
1 (1.2%)
Washington Redskins
1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: 2018 NFL Thread - The Dynasty  (Read 186926 times)

Offline dparrott

Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Mahomes is where the heart is.
« Reply #1470 on: September 24, 2018, 12:38:18 AM »
Pats!  :lol

This new roughing the passer rule is some bull.  The NFL is slowly turning into touch football.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1471 on: September 24, 2018, 04:03:49 AM »
Wonder how many people are getting knocked out of Survivor pools this week with the Vikings.

'Raises hand'.  I make it to weeks 14 and 11 the last two years.....I mean, this was a team that looked JVish against the Ravens.

Yeah... got knocked out of my survivor for taking Minnesota. But I don't feel bad falling for the biggest upset in over 20 years. And I'm hardly alone.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1472 on: September 24, 2018, 05:35:37 AM »
Belichick the GM is hurting Belichick the coach.   Why he is not loading up on offense while you have a few years left of Brady is mindbogling.    This Defense of poor at best.  Miami is playing great coming in Foxborough next weekend.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1473 on: September 24, 2018, 06:07:08 AM »
Eh, it's not Belichick's fault that Edelman got himself suspended for four games.  Besides, they did draft a RB in the 1st round this year, they have a former first round pick in the lineup at WR, and they just traded for an All-Pro WR.  Does Brady need everything around him to be perfect to excel at age 41??  All I've heard for years is how Brady is the GOAT because he can do well no matter who is around him on offense. :P

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1474 on: September 24, 2018, 06:35:49 AM »
Hogwash.  Belichick has to have backups in place.  Letting Amendola go for chump change was dumb.  1st round picks mean squat.  So you're telling me you trust Griggson as a GM?  He's the one that took Dorsett in the first round.  Sorry, but I knew damn well how bad this D was and I'm a shlub.  He did very little to fix it or to keep trusted receivers there for Brady's last few years.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1475 on: September 24, 2018, 06:38:39 AM »
Gronk, Edelman and Hogan are all not trusted receivers?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1476 on: September 24, 2018, 06:43:16 AM »
Gronk, Edelman and Hogan are all not trusted receivers?

Gronk is but when you have no one else on the field you can double team him all game.  Hogan needs to be the 34 or 4th receive.  Put him one or 2 and the other teams best corners can shut him down.  No break away speed.  Edelman, will be nice to have back so we'll see how that opens things up.  You should have heard Brady after the game.  You can tell he's hinting he has no trust with newer players.

It happened on the Int.  The receiver has to see what Brady sees on the field and Dorestt did not.  Brady threw it to where he thought he would be and Dorsett took the other route.  That's the trust issues they are having right now.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1477 on: September 24, 2018, 07:40:26 AM »
I think it was Collinsworth that said something similar.    And it IS to some degree on Belichick.   Brady is good, and he's 41 good, which means that he is not going through the same learning process as the guys around him.   Manning experienced a little of this as well.   You need not just draft picks, but you need one or two - in addition to Gronk - that are already at Brady's speed.   What i mean is, more than just running routes, but also when the play breaks down.  EVERYONE past Pop Warner knows that when the coverage is strong or the rush is good, collapse your route (back twoard the QB); except the DEFENSE knows that too, so Brady is hoping for something different.  If the receivers aren't on that same page with Brady, you're going to see interceptions, and intentional groundings 45 yards down field.   

I honestly don't think Gordon is going to pan out in NE for this reason.  Physical specimen, to be sure, but "physical specimens" don't do well in NE.  Randy Moss was a PS, but he was also one of the smartest receivers to ever play the game.   They need Gordon to take away coverage so Hogan and Edelman can do what they do best.   NE will be fine by the end of the season, but there are kinks that they need to work out.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1478 on: September 24, 2018, 08:16:57 AM »
It the problem is Brady not trusting his receiver then maybe he should have spent a few weeks working with them during the damn OTAs.

In the end the bigger problem is the D. Brady will unfuck himself, and JE returning will certainly help. Won't matter if he can't get on the field, though. NE was getting steady pressure with 4 men the entire game against Houston. Not sure where that went, but they've been shit the last two weeks.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1479 on: September 24, 2018, 08:21:14 AM »
It the problem is Brady not trusting his receiver then maybe he should have spent a few weeks working with them during the damn OTAs.

In the end the bigger problem is the D. Brady will unfuck himself, and JE returning will certainly help. Won't matter if he can't get on the field, though. NE was getting steady pressure with 4 men the entire game against Houston. Not sure where that went, but they've been shit the last two weeks.

Oh the D is a huge problem.  The Brady thing is they've brought how many receivers in even during the 1st few weeks of the season?  Amendola to cuts every yard to stay on the team. If they had consistency on O you could still battle with a average to poor D like they've down.  Now, both sides are struggling.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #1480 on: September 24, 2018, 10:03:38 AM »
J - E - T....oh forget it. We're fucked.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1481 on: September 24, 2018, 10:13:41 AM »
Jesus H.

Earl Thomas: “If they invested in me, I’d be out there practicing,” Thomas said, “but if I feel like anything – and I don’t give a damn if it’s small, I got a headache – I’m not practicing. “But I don’t want that to be taken the wrong way.”

How in the blue f*ck is someone supposed to take that? Send this guy packing to the the Jets for a jug of Gatorade. You want him Samsara, you can have him.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1482 on: September 24, 2018, 10:24:16 AM »
Jesus H.

Earl Thomas: “If they invested in me, I’d be out there practicing,” Thomas said, “but if I feel like anything – and I don’t give a damn if it’s small, I got a headache – I’m not practicing. “But I don’t want that to be taken the wrong way.”

How in the blue f*ck is someone supposed to take that? Send this guy packing to the the Jets for a jug of Gatorade. You want him Samsara, you can have him.

Haha, "no problem, Earl; we're not taking you the wrong way."    :) 

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #1483 on: September 24, 2018, 10:24:38 AM »
All I want is a competitive football team that will win once Super Bowl in my lifetime.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1484 on: September 24, 2018, 10:25:49 AM »

I don't disagree with any of that.  At one point they showed Brady sitting on the bench on the sideline and the announcer (again, I think it was Collinsworth) said something to the effect of "that's the single best defense against Brady I can name."  It worked last night. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1485 on: September 24, 2018, 10:26:14 AM »
All I want is a competitive football team that will win once Super Bowl in my lifetime.

I'm so sorry.   

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #1486 on: September 24, 2018, 11:39:34 AM »
I have to say it was a good day.

I was a very casual Giants fan growing up, and my wife a casual Pats fan due to where we were raised.  (Upstate NY and Boston).
We started a family in the Ft. Lauderdale area, and decided to become hometown team fans.
That was the year the Dolphins one ONE game.
"What did we just do", my wife said, shaking her head.  LOL
No one can say we are fair weathered fans.
We go to a game occasionally, but mostly sit in the pool and watch.  We really get into it, and are fully invested in the team, come hell or high water.
We have our Dolphins shirts, hats, bathing suits, coozies....even the dog has a fins shirt.  Its fun to be a fan.
We know these last three weeks are not indicative of what will happen the rest of the season.  But we are 3-0, and the 1-2 Pats lost to the Lions.

I am just sitting back, soaking all this in, and enjoying the fu*k out of life.  I know it wont last, but that's ok.  Yesterday I was in my pool, not a cloud in the sky, cold one in my hand, burgers on the grill.....and watched my Fins go 3-0, and the Pats lose to the f-ing Lions.

Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
I got to say it was a good day.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 11:45:16 AM by eric42434224 »
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1487 on: September 24, 2018, 12:11:22 PM »
They might be 4-0 after next week the way they are playing.

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #1488 on: September 24, 2018, 12:14:56 PM »

From your mouth to the Spaghetti Monsters ears.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1489 on: September 24, 2018, 12:20:28 PM »
Major letdown for the Jags, who beat up on the Patriots last week and then lost at home to the Titans today.

Major WTF out of the Vikings.

Jimmy G just got hurt. Knee. Could be bad. Not sure why he is running around like that and charging into defenders. A QB has to be smarter than that.

Watching Case Keenum has made any hope that my Broncos could contend this year evaporate.

I have only been able to see the Broncos game against the Raiders so far, but I've been saying since the end of last season that, regardless of who the QB is, the Broncos won't be in any position to contend until they fix the offensive line.  I think that should have been a higher priority on draft day than drafting another defensive stopper.

At least Vegas is 0-3!!!

Jags killed me in my survivor.  I figured Jags over Titans was a safe pick.  Even worse:  my first instinct was to take the Rams.  And to top off the weekend, Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski earned me a wimpy 14.5 fantasy points....  Hopefully Roethlisberger targets Schuster a lot more than he targets Brown tonight.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1490 on: September 24, 2018, 12:22:13 PM »

From your mouth to the Spaghetti Monsters ears.

:lol.  Pats are very dysfunctional on both sides of the ball right now.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1491 on: September 24, 2018, 01:20:20 PM »
Someone's got a case of the Mondays... :(

The Niners season thus far-
Week 1: You lost, but some obvious things need to be fixed, and you'll look good if you do. Also, don't sweat losing that RB you lost in pre-season, Breida is tearing up the field.
Week 2: You won, but only thanks to the Lions shooting themselves in the foot repeatedly, still a lot of stuff needs work.
Week 3: Every weak point of your defense is going to be exposed, you'll commit every penalty in the book, you'll add to an already long list of injuries, and then will somehow show a spark of hope and great play before losing your franchise QB the rest of the season.

I had hope coming into the season, and had the team shown consistent and strong play throughout the first three games I'd still be hopeful of a decent finish, but frankly things could start to look really ugly going forward. :
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1492 on: September 24, 2018, 01:23:58 PM »
Feel bad for Jimmy G.   

One, I think it's kind of harsh to point at him for putting in the effort.  It WAS dumb, but to equate that with injury (that wasn't, as far as I can tell, about the hit) is a little disingenuous.
Two, I think this increases the odds that he plays for the Pats again at some point in the future. 
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 01:29:05 PM by Stadler »

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1493 on: September 24, 2018, 01:36:20 PM »
Feel bad for Jimmy G.   

One, I think it's kind of harsh to point at him for putting in the effort.  It WAS dumb, but to equate that with injury (that wasn't, as far as I can tell, about the hit) is a little disingenuous.
Two, I think this increases the odds that he plays for the Pats again at some point in the future. 

It's dumb to say the injury is his fault, could have happened there as easily as on a dozen plays earlier, and occurred pre-hit. That said, unless he was competing for a first down there going out of bounds was the right play, and what he should have done.

I also harbor no ill will towards the defender. Jimmy made himself a runner and got treated appropriately.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1494 on: September 24, 2018, 02:05:14 PM »
Wasn't it 3rd and 20 when he got hurt? I thought he was still 8 yards away.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1495 on: September 24, 2018, 06:12:42 PM »

All I want is my football team to win a 4th Super Bowl in my lifetime. :P

Exactly.  However, the friction between Brady and Belichick seems real, and it's clear that Brady skipped them as a middle finger to the coach, but in doing so he stunted his growth with his corps of pass catchers.

That said, I have no doubt that they will get their shit together, probably very soon.  It's what they do.

NE was getting steady pressure with 4 men the entire game against Houston. Not sure where that went, but they've been shit the last two weeks.

Houston is a joke. Wait, scratch that. Bill O'Brien is a joke. Only that doofus could have DeSean Watson and DeAndre Hopkins and JJ Watt and be 0-3. :lol :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1496 on: September 24, 2018, 06:24:48 PM »
Kev, while that did hurt GM Belichick went nuts with not signing Amendola,  Lewis and Soldier. Trading Cooks.  Tried to trade Gronk so it's two fold. Brady needed to be there for all the new players but Bill and his complex offense shouldn't have gutted the offense do much. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1497 on: September 24, 2018, 07:30:54 PM »
Just checked out a little of the game tonight. The Steelers exemplify why football bugs me. You could call a fucking personal foul on every fucking play on them. They make a play and all mug and pose like the shit.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1498 on: September 24, 2018, 07:34:54 PM »
Fitzmagic is running out

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1499 on: September 24, 2018, 07:49:22 PM »
Looks that way.

What a weird f'n week.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1500 on: September 24, 2018, 07:58:54 PM »
Ben destroying that D, loving it so much.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1501 on: September 24, 2018, 08:03:04 PM »
I made only my 2nd point spread wager since 1999 tonight. Took the Steelers +1. Looked obvious.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1502 on: September 24, 2018, 08:05:48 PM »
I made only my 2nd point spread wager since 1999 tonight. Took the Steelers +1. Looked obvious.

Sounds like a SB bet. Lol

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1504 on: September 25, 2018, 07:40:59 AM »
Okay, but Richard Sherman isn't helping.   It's less about "not caring for the rest of us" than  it is having no clue how to solve a perceived problem.   The QB is standing still, looking downfield and you have some of the greatest athletes in the world barreling down on them at full speed.    It's not at all lost on me that Richard Sherman is pushing back on the NFL for simply asking these guys to control themselves.