3 (3.6%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
1 (1.2%)
Washington Redskins
1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: 2018 NFL Thread - The Dynasty  (Read 185224 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Hall of Fame Weekend
« Reply #1155 on: August 03, 2018, 09:42:34 AM »
Watched a video about Romanowski last night that was a real trip. I'd never actually heard the guy talk and he's pretty much the exact opposite of what I'd expected. His voice and demeanor are completely incongruous with such a raging asshole. He seems like he should be serving food at a Chilis or something, and yet it's a given that on his first day he'd smash a plate across a customer's face leaving them with cuts, burns, and maybe a broken jaw.

:lol :lol :lol

Romanowski was, is and will always be a Grade A jackoff.

Buddy of mine went to high school with him.   Calls him a dick, but I don't get the sense it's because he's a raging out of control lunatic, but because he's so singularly focused.   Sometimes people that don't operate at anything less than 100% rub people around them the wrong way, and that's Romo.   

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1156 on: August 03, 2018, 04:56:53 PM »

Now....moving on to the game:  this new 'leading with the helmet' rule is going to add yet another judgment call.  Just what we needed.  I absolutely, totally understand the reasoning behind it, but two of the five fouls called tonight were borderline with absolutely no intent.  The others were shoulder leads to the midsection or under the arms that were just 'plays' last year, no intent or spearing at all, but drew flags tonight. 

I'd hate to be a defensive player now.  I can also see a bunch of games being decided because of this rule, and that just doesn't seem right.  If they are going to do this, I'd prefer just a five yard non-automatic 1st down penalty to result instead.

Agreed.  Offense should be off the charts this year given these new rules.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1157 on: August 05, 2018, 12:14:51 PM »
Gonna be fun to see if this rookie brings it in the real games...

https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/8/5/17651882/denver-broncos-courtland-sutton-hype

Offline Dream Team

Re: 2018 NFL Thread - PRESEASON
« Reply #1158 on: August 06, 2018, 06:52:43 PM »
From everything I hear the Browns are expected to be much improved this year. There’s no way Tomlin will have his team up for Week 1 against them and I fully expect the Steelers to start the year 0-1. Until then, just hoping the pre-season injuries are minor.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1159 on: August 06, 2018, 09:34:51 PM »
The sky is already falling, eh? :lol ;)

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1160 on: August 06, 2018, 10:35:32 PM »

No doubt! I mean, the Browns will "improve" on their 0-16 season. What is the world coming to?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1161 on: August 07, 2018, 10:17:49 AM »
Browns vs Giants this Thursday could be cool to see the top two draft pics.  I read Barkley is really shining in camp and they are already limiting his reps to keep him fresh for the season.  Saw a clip of him taking a screen pass to the house in practice, loved it because it was motion with OJ.  Those two on the field has a lot of potential and am really looking forward to seeing the offense.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1162 on: August 07, 2018, 10:50:03 AM »
Browns vs Giants this Thursday could be cool to see the top two draft pics.  I read Barkley is really shining in camp and they are already limiting his reps to keep him fresh for the season.  Saw a clip of him taking a screen pass to the house in practice, loved it because it was motion with OJ.  Those two on the field has a lot of potential and am really looking forward to seeing the offense.

Their offense could be quite prolific with Barkley, OBJ, Engram and Shepard. If Eli has time to operate...they might be going back to the playoffs.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1163 on: August 07, 2018, 11:14:27 AM »
From everything I hear the Browns are expected to be much improved this year. There’s no way Tomlin will have his team up for Week 1 against them and I fully expect the Steelers to start the year 0-1. Until then, just hoping the pre-season injuries are minor.

Yeah and who knows if Bell even shows up, or if he does, if he'll be remotely ready.

Yes Kev, as Steeler fans, it's a requirement to live in a constant state of skepticism.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1164 on: August 07, 2018, 11:22:20 AM »
And the hits keep coming.... Cardinals just lost their starting center for the season...

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1165 on: August 07, 2018, 12:11:11 PM »

Their offense could be quite prolific with Barkley, OBJ, Engram and Shepard. If Eli has time to operate...they might be going back to the playoffs.

That is the key, and the defense.  I'm not sure what to expect from the defense this year.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1166 on: August 07, 2018, 02:17:23 PM »
[/quote)

:lol Ha-ha, yup! The window is closing fast.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1167 on: August 07, 2018, 06:33:08 PM »

I think they will be the team to seriously challenge the Eagles in the NFC East.  The defense is still very talented - I don't hold last year's bad games against them since that can happen when the season is going to shit under a bad coach who was on his way out - and the return of OBJ and presence of Barkley should make the offense really good again.

Yes Kev, as Steeler fans, it's a requirement to live in a constant state of skepticism.

Haha, I guess.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1168 on: August 09, 2018, 08:48:05 AM »
Lots of preseason tonight. Good opportunity to see flag after flag after flag on people trying to figure out how the hell the game is played now. If I'm ESPN I'm bringing in William Shatner to explain how lowering your head is a foul if the player is leading with his left leg, unless it's Tuesday after dark, in which case it's a dead ball (except on Wednesdays).
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #1169 on: August 09, 2018, 09:13:42 AM »
The NFL should jump to the chase and get rid of the helmet.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1170 on: August 09, 2018, 09:52:01 AM »
I say this every year but I have no interest in preseason football or any other sport when the games don't count.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1171 on: August 09, 2018, 09:56:53 AM »
I say this every year but I have no interest in preseason football or any other sport when the games don't count.

Pretty much, but I am interested in checking out my current favorite football player suit up for the gmen for the first time.  I doubt I watch much more than the first series.  But also a new coaching staff could make it worth watching to see what this team may look like, but even that in the first game is not really meaningful.  I'd love to see the preseason shortened.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1172 on: August 09, 2018, 10:54:56 AM »
Lots of preseason tonight. Good opportunity to see flag after flag after flag on people trying to figure out how the hell the game is played now. If I'm ESPN I'm bringing in William Shatner to explain how lowering your head is a foul if the player is leading with his left leg, unless it's Tuesday after dark, in which case it's a dead ball (except on Wednesdays).

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see just how much of a crap show this rule will be.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1173 on: August 09, 2018, 11:11:53 AM »

For the most part, I couldn't care about the preseason or offseason in any sport.  In fact, I tend not to pay close attention to the first month or so of the MLB season until hockey is done and the first month of the NHL season until baseball is done.  Because the NFL only plays once or twice a week, I can more easily overlap the beginning of the NFL season with the end of the MLB season and the first half of the NHL season.  I just don't have the time for exhibition games.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1174 on: August 09, 2018, 11:37:48 AM »
I watch a few quarters of game 3 of the pre season to gauge the starters but that's it.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1175 on: August 09, 2018, 03:26:02 PM »

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see just how much of a crap show this rule will be.

Nothing like a good game of Fizzbin - or is it Phizbn?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1176 on: August 09, 2018, 07:00:23 PM »

I pay attention to injuries and to see how rookies are looking, for the purposes of fantasy football. :biggrin:

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1177 on: August 09, 2018, 07:05:13 PM »
Yeah.  Not a fan of fantasy football.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1178 on: August 09, 2018, 07:17:14 PM »

They should get George Carlin.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1179 on: August 10, 2018, 12:52:34 PM »
Guice out for the year...

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1180 on: August 10, 2018, 01:47:30 PM »
Catching up with Hard Knocks...feeling for Hue. That was gutting.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1181 on: August 10, 2018, 07:22:53 PM »
Catching up with Hard Knocks...feeling for Hue. That was gutting.

What was?

I didn't see it.  I have read, however, that it is already clear that Hue Jackson is in over his head and many believe all of these improvements they made to the roster may not pay dividends right away until they get a new head coach. Hard to have faith in a guy who is 1-31 so far.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1182 on: August 16, 2018, 02:12:50 PM »
Hard Knocks sucks.  I tried watching again and they're bleeping out every other word.  Unwatchable.  It's HBO FFS.  What are they trying to do?  Keep the NFL respectable?  :rollin  Kinda too late for that isn't it?  If they're filming a HK episode, they should tell all the potty mouths to clean it up so the audience can watch a program that flows and is coherent.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1183 on: August 16, 2018, 02:25:40 PM »
Hard Knocks sucks.  I tried watching again and they're bleeping out every other word.  Unwatchable.  It's HBO FFS.  What are they trying to do?  Keep the NFL respectable?  :rollin  Kinda too late for that isn't it?  If they're filming a HK episode, they should tell all the potty mouths to clean it up so the audience can watch a program that flows and is coherent.

I haven't watched in years.  Its kind of hit or miss based on the team, but if you watched one season, you kind of watched them all as it's really the same story with different players every year.  At this point, I'd only watch a season if it was on my team.  I did put it on last night and I was able to fall asleep within 5 minutes.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1184 on: August 16, 2018, 05:03:06 PM »
Jalen Ramsey laying the smack talk.  At least he is smart enough to know how good his QB (Blake Bortles) is. :hat

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1185 on: August 16, 2018, 05:08:36 PM »
He's the Trump of the NFL. :lol

They should get in the Octagon for a verbal fight. Lol

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1186 on: August 17, 2018, 12:35:08 PM »
Jalen Ramsey laying the smack talk.  At least he is smart enough to know how good his QB (Blake Bortles) is. :hat

:lol

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #1187 on: August 17, 2018, 02:05:30 PM »
I never watch pre-season. But low and behold, I get home last night, turn on the TV, and there are the JETS, barely up against the Redskins. I watched the Jets RB get stuffed on third and goal, and I say to my wife -- I don't care how much time is left, and the Jets are up, they are going to lose this game.

Well...

Boom.

Being a Jets fan...sucks. You know what is going to happen, and it always does. SHould have turned the TV back off.  :lol
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1188 on: August 17, 2018, 04:11:44 PM »
Well, you're not alone Sam.  Being a Cowboys fan isn't much better.  I was watching their 1st pre-season game at the Niners.  Boys led the entire game up until 18 secs remaining.  Lost by 3.  Same stupid shit.  Different year.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1189 on: August 18, 2018, 07:52:27 AM »
You know you're a jaded fan when your team losing a preseason game bothers you. :P