3 (3.6%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
1 (1.2%)
Washington Redskins
1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: 2018 NFL Thread - The Dynasty  (Read 187629 times)

Offline pg1067

Re: 2018 NFL Thread - The Green Bay Packers
« Reply #1120 on: July 23, 2018, 10:35:00 AM »
I know I am biased, but 32 is still the best Super Bowl ever.  A legitimately great game for all four quarters, was back and forth the whole way, and had a handful of memorable plays (although the Elway helicopter run gets the most ink now).

I'm also biased, and it was a great game, but I'm not sure it was the best ever.  At the time, I thought it was, but I'm not so sure now.

One thing to remember was that the Broncos' win in SB 32 was the first victory for an AFC team in 14 years.  It was also the legitimately close Super Bowl since 25 (NYG over BUF).  The average margin of victory in 26-31 was nearly 19 points, and the lowest margin of victory in any of those games was 10 points (30 - DAL > PIT).  If you go back even further, in the 20 Super Bowls between 12-31, only four Super Bowls had margins of victor of under 10 points (13, 16, 23 and 25).  We were starved for a close game, and the Broncos and Packers delivered for us, and the Broncos also delivered a nice set of double middle fingers to all the jackwagons who said the AFC couldn't win.

In the 21 Super Bowls from 32-52, the average margin of victory has been 13.33 points (that average is significantly skewed by three games:  35, 37 and 48), and we've had ten games with margins of victory under 7 points, and the first ever overtime Super Bowl.

All that said, 32 is easily top 5, and it's certainly my favorite.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1121 on: July 23, 2018, 10:47:31 AM »
I know I am biased, but 32 is still the best Super Bowl ever.  A legitimately great game for all four quarters, was back and forth the whole way, and had a handful of memorable plays (although the Elway helicopter run gets the most ink now).

I'm also biased, and it was a great game, but I'm not sure it was the best ever.  At the time, I thought it was, but I'm not so sure now.

One thing to remember was that the Broncos' win in SB 32 was the first victory for an AFC team in 14 years.  It was also the legitimately close Super Bowl since 25 (NYG over BUF).  The average margin of victory in 26-31 was nearly 19 points, and the lowest margin of victory in any of those games was 10 points (30 - DAL > PIT).  If you go back even further, in the 20 Super Bowls between 12-31, only four Super Bowls had margins of victor of under 10 points (13, 16, 23 and 25).  We were starved for a close game, and the Broncos and Packers delivered for us, and the Broncos also delivered a nice set of double middle fingers to all the jackwagons who said the AFC couldn't win.

In the 21 Super Bowls from 32-52, the average margin of victory has been 13.33 points (that average is significantly skewed by three games:  35, 37 and 48), and we've had ten games with margins of victory under 7 points, and the first ever overtime Super Bowl.

Your point can't be overstated. I started watching football with SB24. So I had literally never witnessed an AFC team win the SB until the Broncos @SB32. I was certain that the Packers were on track to repeat. I was wrong.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1122 on: July 23, 2018, 12:06:59 PM »

Your point can't be overstated. I started watching football with SB24. So I had literally never witnessed an AFC team win the SB until the Broncos @SB32. I was certain that the Packers were on track to repeat. I was wrong.

Yeah, it was a brutal couple of decades.  The first SB I watched was 12.  I almost always rooted for the AFC team.  The only times I didn't were 13, 14, 15 and 18 (I was generally neutral during the first 49ers v. Bengals game)....

Since SB 32 was in San Diego, my wife and I and a couple friends drove down for the fan fest the weekend before the game.  There was some sort of NFL trivia thing that I did, and before they started, they asked for everyone's predictions for the game.  Everyone else said the Packers would win.  I predicted not only that the Broncos win but also that the score would be 31-24.  Unfortunately for me, I didn't put my money where my mouth was (although I did win one quarter in the "squares" game at the Super Bowl party I attended).
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2018 NFL Thread - RIP Coach Sparano
« Reply #1123 on: July 23, 2018, 05:46:40 PM »
To me, the best games are see-saw ones with changes of momentum the whole game.  A great 4th quarter does not make the whole game great, which is why I disqualify Rams/Titans, Patriots/Panthers, Patriots/Falcons and Steelers/Cardinals from the Best SB EVER conversation.

To me, the only comparable SB to Broncos/Packers is Patriots/Seahawks. Both games had momentum swings non-stop to where you were never sure who was going to win until the very end.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #1124 on: July 23, 2018, 08:42:20 PM »
Tony Sparano's death makes me sad. Removing football from everything, he knew something was wrong so he went to the hospital, they kept him overnight, ran some tests, and was released Friday--dies Sunday morning from natural causes stemming from heart disease. I just find it incredibly sad. Coming from a family with multiple heart attacks resulting in death, it always makes me think when someone passes away from heart related issues. It can just come out of nowhere and the suddenness makes it heartbreaking. My mom had heart failure and quadruple bypass surgery three years ago after really bad bouts of nausea and feet swelling, and that came out of nowhere and it causes symptoms that you never think would be heart related--it goes far beyond just chest pain.

Sorry for rambling, it just strikes me sad that he knew something was wrong, did the right thing and went to the hospital, got checked out, released and then dies a few days later. Just sucks...
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1125 on: July 24, 2018, 11:53:18 AM »
To me, the best games are see-saw ones with changes of momentum the whole game.  A great 4th quarter does not make the whole game great, which is why I disqualify Rams/Titans, Patriots/Panthers, Patriots/Falcons and Steelers/Cardinals from the Best SB EVER conversation.

To me, the only comparable SB to Broncos/Packers is Patriots/Seahawks. Both games had momentum swings non-stop to where you were never sure who was going to win until the very end.

I don't disagree about momentum shifts being important, but I do disagree that great 4th quarters cannot elevate a good game to a great game.

Notwithstanding my opinion about SB 32, it had some issues.  First, not including when Green Bay scored first, there was only one lead change.  After the Broncos took the lead five seconds into the second quarter, they never trailed, although Green Bay did tie the score twice.  Also, there were three long periods (all over 11 minutes and one over 12 minutes) where there was no scoring (which isn't to say nothing interesting happened during those periods).  I've also seen arguments that the game was somewhat marred by turnovers (total of 5).  I don't really agree with that, although the sequence where Denver intercepted the Interception King and then Elway immediately gave the ball back was frustrating.

I agree that SB 49 was comparable.  That game had two lead changes after the first score and was tied twice after the first score.  The average time between scores was only about 30 seconds longer than 32.  There were only 3 total turnovers and, like 32, the biggest lead was 10.  Probably not such a great game if you're a fan of defense.  The Pats allowing the Hawks to score in only 29 seconds before halftime was inexcusable.  And, of course, you have the never ending debate about the play calling at the end of the game.

For kicks, I took a look at a CBS Sports ranking of  the first 51 Super Bowls.  They had the top five as follows:

1. NE over SEA (49)
2. NYG over NE (42)
3. NE over ATL (51)
4. PIT over DAL (13)
5. NYG over BUF (25)

They had 32 ranked at #13.  The poll has obvious recency bias.  They also had SB 3 ranked at #8, which is absurd.  While that's obviously a historically significant game, in terms of the quality of the game, it was terrible (at least as far as I can tell by reviewing the box score).

For me, 42 wasn't a great game simply because of the dearth of scoring, including nearly 34 minutes of game time elapsed between the Pats taking the lead shortly after the start of the 2nd quarter and Giants taking the lead back with 11 minutes left in the game.  On the positive side, there were only 2 total turnovers, neither team ever had more than a 4 point lead, and neither team scored more than once in a row.  The game becomes overrated simply because it was a big upset and prevented the Pats from having a perfect season.

51 was exciting for two reasons:  big comeback and first SB in OT.  However, it was basically two separate blowouts:  ATL (28-3) for the first 37 minutes, and NE (31-0) for last 27 minutes.  For those reasons -- which are basically what you said, Kev, ranking this game as the #3 SB ever is way overrating it.

I would say SB 13 is somewhat comparable to 32.  The time between scores was a little lower, there were two lead changes and two ties after the first score.  However, there were 6 turnovers, and one of the more memorable plays is a guy dropping an easy touchdown in the end zone that would have tied the game.  After Pittsburgh took an 18 point lead with less than seven minutes in the game, it was basically over, notwithstanding that the Cowboys scored 2 touchdowns before the game ended.

SB 25 pretty much had it all.  4 lead changes and 1 tie after the first score.  No lead was greater than 9 points.  No turnovers.  An average of 6:54 between scores.  The only real down side is that the games most (and, arguably, only) memorable play was a MISSED field goal (which, by today's standards, was from a very makeable distance, although not a gimme).

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1126 on: July 24, 2018, 01:21:44 PM »
Tony Sparano's death makes me sad. Removing football from everything, he knew something was wrong so he went to the hospital, they kept him overnight, ran some tests, and was released Friday--dies Sunday morning from natural causes stemming from heart disease. I just find it incredibly sad. Coming from a family with multiple heart attacks resulting in death, it always makes me think when someone passes away from heart related issues. It can just come out of nowhere and the suddenness makes it heartbreaking. My mom had heart failure and quadruple bypass surgery three years ago after really bad bouts of nausea and feet swelling, and that came out of nowhere and it causes symptoms that you never think would be heart related--it goes far beyond just chest pain.

Sorry for rambling, it just strikes me sad that he knew something was wrong, did the right thing and went to the hospital, got checked out, released and then dies a few days later. Just sucks...
I can relate to his scenario.  I was having Heart attack symptoms and went to the ER.  They ran all kinds of tests for 1 day and a half, Including a stress test.  Results were inconclusive.  They sent me home and the symptoms returned 2 weeks later.  I went to a different ER and they ran the SAME tests, including stress test.  The Cardio doc said even though nothing showed on the test they suspected something was wrong so they did and Angiogram.  They found 4 blockages, 3 of them stentable, largest blockage was 95%.  She was amazed I didn't have an actual Attack.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1127 on: July 24, 2018, 01:46:42 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bill-belichick-texted-jimmy-garoppolo-after-every-win-with-49ers/ar-AAAm2Md?ocid=ientp

Garoppolo will play for the Patriots again, calling it right now (well, I called it before, too, but...)

Offline T-ski

« Reply #1128 on: July 24, 2018, 02:16:39 PM »

I can relate to his scenario.  I was having Heart attack symptoms and went to the ER.  They ran all kinds of tests for 1 day and a half, Including a stress test.  Results were inconclusive.  They sent me home and the symptoms returned 2 weeks later.  I went to a different ER and they ran the SAME tests, including stress test.  The Cardio doc said even though nothing showed on the test they suspected something was wrong so they did and Angiogram.  They found 4 blockages, 3 of them stentable, largest blockage was 95%.  She was amazed I didn't have an actual Attack.

I don't trust any of the initial tests they run for chest pains.  My Dad had a double bypass 20 years ago and almost like clockwork, about every seven years since, he's needed stents put in.  Last time he had chest pains, they ran all the initial tests and everything checked out fine.  Knowing his history they did the angiogram and found a blockage.  No doubt he doesn't make it if they didn't run the angiogram.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1129 on: July 24, 2018, 05:30:34 PM »

Notwithstanding my opinion about SB 32, it had some issues.  First, not including when Green Bay scored first, there was only one lead change.  After the Broncos took the lead five seconds into the second quarter, they never trailed, although Green Bay did tie the score twice.  Also, there were three long periods (all over 11 minutes and one over 12 minutes) where there was no scoring (which isn't to say nothing interesting happened during those periods).  I've also seen arguments that the game was somewhat marred by turnovers (total of 5).  I don't really agree with that, although the sequence where Denver intercepted the Interception King and then Elway immediately gave the ball back was frustrating.

I don't see a lack of lead changes as being an issue, and stretches with no scoring is never bad, as opposed to last year's SB which was non-stop offense.

Remember that the NFC had won like 445 Super Bowls in a row, many of which were blowouts.

GB takes the opening kickoff and goes right down the field for a touchdown.

"Great, here comes another NFC blowout."

Denver gets the ball and goes down for a TD."

"Hmmm, maybe this will be a game."

Denver forces two Favre turnovers and takes a 17-7 lead.

"Damn, not only do we have a ball game, but the Broncos are playing great."

The Broncos force a punt and have a driver stopped due to a procedural penalty that nullified a 1st down in GB territory.  Punt.

"Ah, Denver was close to breaking it open."

The Packers get the ball inside their own 5 and go on a long drive that results in a TD at the end of the 2nd Q.

"We have a ball game again!"

Terrell Davis returns to the game, but fumbles the ball on the first play. Packers recover.

"Oh shit, here comes the NFC rout."

Broncos D stiffens and holds GB to a FG.

"Whew, dodged a bullet."

After a mostly scoreless 3rd Q, it ends with Elway's helicopter run and another TD by T.D.

"Broncos have momentum again."

Packers fumble the kickoff.  Broncos recover.

"Yes!!"

Elway goes for the kill in the end zone and gets picked off on the first play.

"No!!"

The Packers then take the ball right down the field and score a TD to tie the game at 24.

"Crap, that was our chance and they blew it."

Then, both teams move the ball at times in the 4th, but neither can score.

*chews fingernails*

A Bronco driver stalls around the Packer 40 with under 5 to go and they have to punt.

"Shoot, that was their chance and now Favre is going to drive them down for the win."

Broncos D holds firm again and forces a quick punt.

"THIS is our chance!"

Broncos drive down the field, aided by a Howard Griffith catch where Ed McCaffrey destroys a defender with the greatest WR block I have ever seen, and score a TD with just under 2 left

"We have the lead!"

Packers drive down inside the Broncos 40 and have several shots.

"OMG, I can't watch."

John Mobley knocks Favre's 4th down pass away and the Broncos take over to kill the clock and win the game.

"WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!"

I will never forget Dick Enberg's commentary at the end as Elway took the final kneel:

"Ya know, after he lost to Jacksonville last year, he went home and his sister called him and he broke down crying.  His kids, his four children, had never seen their dad cry before. Many of you remember when your dads cry, how important it is. It was a low moment of his great career.  THIS then will become the highest moment, the completion of a great career, a Super Bowl championship for John Elway and the Denver Broncos!"

:hefdaddy :hefdaddy

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1130 on: July 24, 2018, 06:17:05 PM »

Broncos drive down the field, aided by a Howard Griffith catch where Ed McCaffrey destroys a defender with the greatest WR block I have ever seen, and score a TD with just under 2 left

"We have the lead!"

That Griffith catch and run -- and particularly the McCaffrey block -- was one of the top three plays of that game.  The one you didn't mention was the pass where Steve Atwater blew up not only Robert Brooks (intended receiver) but also his own teammate (Randy Hilliard).  I was gripping HARD while they pulled the bodies off the field and was REALLY worried that it would leave the Broncos shorthanded for the upcoming 4th down.  Interestingly, both of those plays probably would have resulted in penalties against the Broncos if they happened today.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1131 on: July 24, 2018, 07:23:17 PM »
But not in January of 1998. :tup :tup

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
Photobucket sucks.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1133 on: July 26, 2018, 03:24:38 PM »
 :lol

Tom Ley.  I hope your happy going to your grave with no answer. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1134 on: July 26, 2018, 06:58:00 PM »
Belichick trolling the media is always gold.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1135 on: July 26, 2018, 07:39:44 PM »
I bet he did that to his kids when he told them 9pm curfew.  Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1136 on: July 27, 2018, 04:55:12 PM »

Not calling you out, but just wanted to say that these very narrow definitions of what constitutes a "good game" baffle me.  Why does a game need to be close or need to have momentum swings to be "good?"  I've never understood that.  To me, witnessing a completely dominant performance, for example, where team A flawlessly executes can be just as satisfying as a close game, and oftentimes more so. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1137 on: July 27, 2018, 05:57:21 PM »
Why does a game need to be close or need to have momentum swings to be "good?"  I've never understood that.  To me, witnessing a completely dominant performance, for example, where team A flawlessly executes can be just as satisfying as a close game, and oftentimes more so.

It's obviously subjective, and it depends on the sport.  In baseball, it's awesome to watch a perfect game, although I find it less interesting if it's an 8-0 game, as opposed to a 1-0 or 2-0 game.  Or even if it's just a pitchers' duel, I think a 2-1 game is a lot more interesting than a 13-12 game (see, e.g., game 5 of the 2017 World Series, which some folks thought was an "instant classic," but which I thought was a terrible game, even before it was over and my team lost).  For me, football is a lot different.  Setting aside rooting interest, were Super Bowls 20, 22, 24, 27 and 48 (all 30+ point blowouts) "great games"?  IMO, they were all bad games, and they're generally regarded among the worst Super Bowls ever.  For the same reason, the 1975 and 1991 World Series are generally regarded as two of the best ever, while the 1976 Series was a steaming pile loved only by Reds and Red Sox fans.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1138 on: July 28, 2018, 06:22:38 PM »
It's impressive from a precision standpoint to watch one team dissect and dominate another, but you rarely get good games in those instances.  What's funny is most of the teams we look back on over the last 35 years as having all-time great defenses ('85 Bears, '00 Ravens, '02 Bucs, '13 Seahawks, '15 Broncos) has forgettable Super Bowls.  Broncos/Panthers is the only one that was close (because Carolina's D was also great) and even that wasn't that great (taking my rooting interest out of it).  I have seen plenty of Broncos games that they won and that were great to where afterwards you had that feeling like, "Man, that was a great game, and they won!"  Only one of their three Super Bowl wins (32) fell into that category.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #1139 on: July 29, 2018, 01:36:04 PM »
Since we had a discussion about each team and their greats over the last couple of months, I've began to wonder what everyone's choices would be for the greatest players at each position would be. I've been having an internal debate, and there's a few positions that I'm having a hard time settling on (QB, Corner and Safety). I'd be interested in seeing the choices that come up in discussion.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1140 on: July 29, 2018, 01:58:11 PM »
It would be tough to do each position, but for the three positions you are talking about, I'd go with Brady or Peyton at QB (yes, I think it is that close), Ronnie Lott at S, and Deion Sanders at CB.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1141 on: July 29, 2018, 02:02:50 PM »
Top 3 at each position would give leeway.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1142 on: July 29, 2018, 02:03:53 PM »
Yep, that way I can include Tebow in the QB tier, at least until Bortles surpasses him.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1143 on: July 29, 2018, 02:07:00 PM »
His wallet laughs at us all.

Offline max_security

« Reply #1144 on: July 29, 2018, 03:19:23 PM »
I'd go with Johnny U ( qb ), Ed Reed ( s ) , and Rod Woodson ( cb ). Best that played here at least.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #1145 on: July 29, 2018, 05:01:58 PM »
Top 3 at each position would give leeway.

That's a pretty good idea. I'll probably try to make my list based on that.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1146 on: July 30, 2018, 07:40:13 AM »
It would be tough to do each position, but for the three positions you are talking about, I'd go with Brady or Peyton at QB (yes, I think it is that close), Ronnie Lott at S, and Deion Sanders at CB.

Other than I think Brady edges out Manning (and I'm a Manning fan), I think this is right on the mark. 

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1147 on: August 01, 2018, 08:51:19 AM »
Jake Ryan looks to be out for the year with a torn acl.....

Hate this time of year....

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1148 on: August 01, 2018, 06:35:45 PM »
Injuries like that suck, but this time of year is great...football is coming!! :coolio

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #1149 on: August 01, 2018, 09:03:24 PM »

Other than I think Brady edges out Manning (and I'm a Manning fan), I think this is right on the mark.

It really is a tough call between those guys. I'm struggling between the two of them and Joe. King kind of gave me an out with his suggestion to list three guys, and those are definitely my three. But it makes me wonder about the order...

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1150 on: August 01, 2018, 09:22:49 PM »
Really, you can put them in any order and make a strong argument for it being the correct one.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Hall of Fame Weekend
« Reply #1151 on: August 02, 2018, 08:40:25 AM »
Hall of Fame "Game" tonight. Inductions this weekend. Good times.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1152 on: August 02, 2018, 09:01:36 AM »
Watched a video about Romanowski last night that was a real trip. I'd never actually heard the guy talk and he's pretty much the exact opposite of what I'd expected. His voice and demeanor are completely incongruous with such a raging asshole. He seems like he should be serving food at a Chilis or something, and yet it's a given that on his first day he'd smash a plate across a customer's face leaving them with cuts, burns, and maybe a broken jaw.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1153 on: August 02, 2018, 07:31:04 PM »
Watched a video about Romanowski last night that was a real trip. I'd never actually heard the guy talk and he's pretty much the exact opposite of what I'd expected. His voice and demeanor are completely incongruous with such a raging asshole. He seems like he should be serving food at a Chilis or something, and yet it's a given that on his first day he'd smash a plate across a customer's face leaving them with cuts, burns, and maybe a broken jaw.

:lol :lol :lol

Romanowski was, is and will always be a Grade A jackoff.

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1154 on: August 02, 2018, 10:06:02 PM »
Having been to Cooperstown last weekend for all of the ceremonies, having visited Canton again last year and friends in attendance this weekend, I watched more of the 'Opening' game tonight than the last twenty years combined.  Enjoyed the incoming inductees entrance, their interviews, etc.  Will try to watch as much as I can next year.

Now....moving on to the game:  this new 'leading with the helmet' rule is going to add yet another judgment call.  Just what we needed.  I absolutely, totally understand the reasoning behind it, but two of the five fouls called tonight were borderline with absolutely no intent.  The others were shoulder leads to the midsection or under the arms that were just 'plays' last year, no intent or spearing at all, but drew flags tonight. 

I'd hate to be a defensive player now.  I can also see a bunch of games being decided because of this rule, and that just doesn't seem right.  If they are going to do this, I'd prefer just a five yard non-automatic 1st down penalty to result instead.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 02:24:56 PM by DragonAttack »
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!