Author Topic: Emerson Lake & Palmer Discography  (Read 47408 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: Emerson Lake & Palmer Discography
« Reply #315 on: March 18, 2024, 01:38:41 PM »
jealous of those that got to see the formal ELP. this is why i try to see all the legends and heroes while there's still time

DO IT. I tell the same thing to my daughter.  There's no better time than the present. 

Offline pg1067

« Reply #316 on: March 18, 2024, 01:44:21 PM »
Last I saw them was '96.  But the '92/'93 tours were what I remember.  I was third row center for the '93 show and I got a stick point and a wink from Carl during the show, and seeing Greg Lake from 10 feet way singing Pirates ("Six days, off the Cuban coast...") was transcendent.

I saw them in August 1992 (my seat was not as good as yours).  They closed the main set with Romeo & Juliet, Lucky Man, Pirates and Pictures at an Exhibition.  That was fucking surreal!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #317 on: March 18, 2024, 02:10:52 PM »
jealous of those that got to see the formal ELP. this is why i try to see all the legends and heroes while there's still time

DO IT. I tell the same thing to my daughter.  There's no better time than the present. 

:tup
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline romdrums

« Reply #318 on: March 19, 2024, 08:54:11 AM »
Last I saw them was '96.  But the '92/'93 tours were what I remember.  I was third row center for the '93 show and I got a stick point and a wink from Carl during the show, and seeing Greg Lake from 10 feet way singing Pirates ("Six days, off the Cuban coast...") was transcendent.

I saw them in August 1992 (my seat was not as good as yours).  They closed the main set with Romeo & Juliet, Lucky Man, Pirates and Pictures at an Exhibition.  That was fucking surreal!

Saw them on that tour as well. That was the same week that I got DT's Images and Words on cassette and I couldn't wait to show this cassette to my Dad and be like, "Dad, this is what ELP is inspiring!" Unfortunately, my walk-man ate not one, but two cassette copies of Images and Words and I was so disappointed!! Saw them in Cleveland and Detroit on back-to-back nights. Sets were the same, but ELP was on fire for both!

Last time I saw ELP was in 1998, I think. I think it was on their tour with Deep Purple, and Dream Theater opened.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #319 on: March 19, 2024, 11:20:08 AM »

Saw them on that tour as well. That was the same week that I got DT's Images and Words on cassette and I couldn't wait to show this cassette to my Dad and be like, "Dad, this is what ELP is inspiring!" Unfortunately, my walk-man ate not one, but two cassette copies of Images and Words and I was so disappointed!! Saw them in Cleveland and Detroit on back-to-back nights. Sets were the same, but ELP was on fire for both!

Last time I saw ELP was in 1998, I think. I think it was on their tour with Deep Purple, and Dream Theater opened.

Yeah...that would have been around the same time I first heard PMU on the radio and bought I&W.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #320 on: March 29, 2024, 07:59:34 PM »
did anyone catch the Emerson/Lake tour in like...'08/'09 i want to say? seeing this thread made me think of that show
Passed on that one. In hindsight I probably shouldn't have since I'm not really too much of a Greg Lake fan, but Emerson was in the best shape he was in years at that time. Still can't bare to watch the final show in 2010 though.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #321 on: March 29, 2024, 08:06:08 PM »

I've seen Carl Palmer's band about 10 times over the last 15 years. (Though not in the last two or three years) He added "legacy" to the band name and is using footage for Keith and Greg from the Royal Albert Hall recording (Haven't seen that) I prefer to just watch Paul and Simon bring the music to life and they do a awesome job. These guys bring it.