Author Topic: Altered Carbon - NETFLIX  (Read 13091 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Altered Carbon - NETFLIX
« Reply #105 on: August 26, 2020, 05:50:53 PM »
Is the 2nd season worth watching? I saw only the first episode of S2 and thought it was very dry and just kinda blah. I thought the 1st season was mostly good but the ending kinda fizzled a bit.

It’s not bad....but for me it lost that gritty, blade runnerish feel and was more produced and ‘clean’ looking. And, I had a real tough time believing Anthony Mack was Kovacs the entire time. Felt like a new character and I couldn’t get past it.

Story was cool.....action was good.....but I liked S1 better. S2 is worth a watch if you have the time.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #106 on: August 26, 2020, 06:01:00 PM »
Is the 2nd season worth watching? I saw only the first episode of S2 and thought it was very dry and just kinda blah. I thought the 1st season was mostly good but the ending kinda fizzled a bit.

It’s not bad....but for me it lost that gritty, blade runnerish feel and was more produced and ‘clean’ looking. And, I had a real tough time believing Anthony Mack was Kovacs the entire time. Felt like a new character and I couldn’t get past it.

Story was cool.....action was good.....but I liked S1 better. S2 is worth a watch if you have the time.

Bingo on all accounts.  I didn't think much of Poe's story, but it was offset by Trepp's story arc.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #107 on: August 26, 2020, 07:04:38 PM »
I assume Netflix knows their business model better than I do, but to me, it seems counterproductive to produce shows that they cancel before finishing, because they're just going to sit unfinished on their service forever. A story that'll never get an end doesn't seem like it's going to be appealing to new subscribers.

As a side note, has anyone read the books? The premise seems pretty interesting to me.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #108 on: August 27, 2020, 07:32:39 PM »

For sure, though it's a bit weird trying to get used to the character switch. Also check out the animated movie, that was quite excellent.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #109 on: September 07, 2020, 03:32:07 AM »
Loved the first season, did not really feel the second. I also do not like it when they cancel shows, but here the seasons themselved felt finished.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #110 on: November 09, 2021, 08:37:12 PM »
Giving the first season another go. As meh as S2 was, I'll always say that S1 was some of the best sci fi television ever. Love this one.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #111 on: November 10, 2021, 05:24:54 AM »
I never finished the 2nd season after watching the 1st episode. It seemed so different, might get on it later.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #112 on: November 10, 2021, 06:30:06 AM »
I never finished the 2nd season after watching the 1st episode. It seemed so different, might get on it later.

It was alright, but such a step down after the brilliance of S1
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
« Reply #113 on: November 11, 2021, 02:23:06 PM »

Season 1 was solid. I bailed after watching 2 or 3 episodes of S2.
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #114 on: November 11, 2021, 02:53:57 PM »

Yep. I still stand by 100% of what I wrote about it after I watched S2. The whole 'feel' of the show was different. It was more produced and 'clean'.....it lost it's edge so to speak and wasn't the same. And the actor change IMO did the show zero favors. They should have either inked Kinnaman to a two or three season deal or waited to film S2 until he was available. Mackie is a fine actor and all but he just couldn't command a scene like Kinnaman can/could.....and it translated into a pretty poor season.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #115 on: November 12, 2021, 02:33:13 AM »
I remember very little of season 2. Mackie is great, but not for this role/character. Thankfully season 1 stands on it's own and remains a great ride.