Author Topic: OFFICIAL - Disney has acquired 20th Century Fox  (Read 5908 times)

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: OFFICIAL - Disney has acquired 20th Century Fox
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2019, 06:08:43 PM »
For those of us with a Verizon Unlimited plan we now get a full year of Disney+ for free. I was planning on signing up anyway, but then got a little worried when I noticed that if you signed up via Verizon, your billing would be handled via Verizon. I didn't want that.

Today, a story broke that if you already signed up for Disney+ and go for the Verizon deal, they will simply pause your Disney+ subscription. Once your 12 months with Verizon are done, they will switch your billing back to Disney+ and resume your account handling there.

So my plan is to let Disney bill me my $70 year subscription next month and then sign-up for the Verizon promotion. This ensures that I am billed now and I get 24 months for $70. That comes out to $2.92 a month. Can't beat that.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/22/20926607/disney-plus-verizon-free-one-year-subscription-wireless-unlimited-data-star-wars

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2019, 10:27:27 AM »
My only complaint about Disney+ is that it's not available via AMAZON or the FireStick. It's all Google, Roku or internet streaming. My TV's at home are driven by the firestick.

Depending on how well the image quality holds up from 'casting' from my iPad to my main TV will determine if I have to get a Roku for it or not.

Yeah, same here. All my TVs at home have firestick in them as well. I was hoping Disney and Amazon would figure this out, because Disney+ seems like a no-brainer, but if I can't watch it through my firestick, it'll be inconvenient to say the least.

I forgot about the squabble Amazon and Disney have going on. That is going to suck, since I mainly got Disney+ for my kid to let her watch on the TV. We use the Firestick on all our TVs and I doubt they will sort it out.

Same here, we are interested in Disney+ primarily for our daughter. Hopefully they sort it out, but I'm not holding my breath. If they do, this is a no brainer. Especially the bundle I saw advertised somewhere (I can't find it now) - I think it was like $13 for Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+. I'd do that in a heartbeat if I can use all those apps on my firesticks without hassle.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2019, 10:41:48 AM »
Just signed up for the year plan of Disney plus.....also ordered a ROKU Ultra for our main TV since Amazon and Disney aren't playing nice.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2019, 12:46:07 PM »
I have Roku's on all my TV's so I am set.

A recent article lists the app availability:

At launch, the Disney+ app will be available on Apple TV, Android devices, Chromecast, iPads and iPhones, PS4, Roku, and Xbox One.

As of writing, there is no Nintendo Switch Disney Plus app to speak of, nor will it be available on Amazon's Fire TV stick.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/disney-plus-price-shows-movies-115212418.html
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2019, 11:23:20 AM »
I already have Hulu so I'm going to wait for the bundle.

Online ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2019, 05:48:28 PM »
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online faizoff

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2019, 06:06:04 PM »
Thank the corporate overlords!
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2019, 06:16:49 PM »
Of course. Days after I drop $70 for the ROKU Ultra  :lol   Oh well. At least I discovered my image quality is better with the new ROKU.

Online faizoff

« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2019, 06:18:43 PM »
I'm wondering if you have the old firestick which is the non-4k model. That could explain the video quality.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2019, 06:46:43 PM »
I'm wondering if you have the old firestick which is the non-4k model. That could explain the video quality.

I’ll have to look back at my Amazon purchases. I bought the larger FireTV device, not just the smaller Firestick because there was an adaptor to hardwire it.

Maybe that was the difference? This ROKU had a direct connect Ethernet connection whereas I had to get an adapter for the FireTV?

Either way at worst it’s a more current device and I have an extra FireTV device I can throw on our porch television now.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2019, 06:51:56 AM »
I just read on CNN Money that Disney+ will be available on the Firestick

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2019, 07:09:03 AM »
I just read on CNN Money that Disney+ will be available on the Firestick

Yeah....ProfessorPeart dropped that one in here last night a few posts ago  :lol

You Fire people were just saved.

https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/disney-plus-fire-tv-app-1203397747/

While I was initially a bit ticked because I literally dropped $70 for that Roku Ultra days before this announcement (I have/had all firesticks/FireTV) I'm not so upset now because of the 'upgrade' this Roku unit appears to have on my image quality. It's a 'newer' tech. I guess.....either way.....I'll find a use for that FireTV device somewhere.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2019, 08:05:29 AM »
That's awesome, I'll definitely sign up for the Disney+ Hulu ESPN+ Bundle now that it's Firestick ready.