Author Topic: SOUND OF FREEDOM - Jim Caviezel  (Read 927 times)

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
SOUND OF FREEDOM - Jim Caviezel
« on: July 11, 2023, 02:51:58 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwSBQWI-bek

I want to chat about a movie I just watched. Thing is, it's not really about the movie itself (though it's pretty intense), but more about what it represents. And more than that, it's about how people are reacting to it.

If you're still in doubt that some seriously messed up stuff is happening, just look at how a movie about child sexual exploitation, based on true and ever-increasing events, gets totally snubbed by the bigwigs of entertainment. Heavyweights like Amazon, Netflix, Disney, and the like don't even bother distributing the flick, even though they could make some serious dough... weird, right? Movie-loving YouTubers and critics don't even mention it. It's like it doesn't exist. I wonder why?

A lot of theaters aren't even showing it, and the media is branding it as "conspiracy theory" or "lunacy". According to so-called "official" sources like Rolling Stone, apparently there's no such thing as child trafficking, pedophilia, or kids disappearing for sexual exploitation on our planet... What about the whole Jeffrey Epstein scandal? Guess that was just a bunch of baloney. The kicker is, Sound of Freedom is based on a REAL story. So why are all these big shots and media outlets ridiculing a movie that's trying to raise awareness and fight against child abuse and pedophilia?

As for the movie itself, on the technical and narrative fronts, it's solid. Don't expect a balls-to-the-wall action flick like "Taken" with a ton of gunfights and grand explosions. This movie is more organic and psychological, more of a raw thriller about a reality that affects us all. If you're just in for action and fun, it might come off a bit bland.

The film has a good start, development, and end. The performances are top-notch, and you really feel for the main character, you feel their pain, you put yourself in their shoes. Truly, Jim Caviezel is the best thing about this production. Sound Of Freedom isn't violent per se and doesn't have any explicit scenes of child abuse or death. It's PG13, so if you're sensitive and well aware of the real-life issues this movie addresses, it might get to you. Me, I didn't cry, but I did feel a sense of helplessness and an emptiness that I can't really describe.

I recommend it 100%, though maybe it could've used a bit more grit.

But I think the most important thing about this movie is the deafening noise made by the silence of many about it.

You guys remember the incident I faced when my younger kid and I were held at gunpoint in Lima, Peru. This was a deeply traumatic experience for both of us. The fear and helplessness that we felt in that moment, it was indescribable. When I think about that, and then consider what these innocent kids around the world are going through every single day, it's beyond heartbreaking. I can't even begin to imagine their pain and terror, and it tears me apart. It's hard not to feel a personal connection to a movie like this after going through such a terrifying ordeal.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: SOUND OF FREEDOM - Jim Caviezel
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2023, 03:05:49 PM »
Yeah......I have many thoughts on this. Haven't seen the movie yet....but....Have read a ton about the real life events.

I do not find it at all coincidental that there is a massive push back against this movie, that it's being 'snubbed' by the media.....that a concerted effort is being made to marginalize the content.....and to keep this out of the 'mainstream'

Hollywood and world/political figures are most certainly wrapped up in child trafficking and pedophilia. Very powerful people.....all using their power to make sure the attention to this is minimal. Just look at the Epstein crap. Not a peep about his client list and all those we know were raping kids on that island.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2023, 05:14:39 PM »
It's linked to QAnon. Enuff said.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2023, 05:20:39 PM »

Agreed.  Zero interest here.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2023, 06:01:47 PM »

Ehh…..that’s the excuse that’s being peddled with little evidence to support that claim. It’s based off a real person.

You’re trying to say a movie about child sec trafficking that follows the story of a real person who’s fought this crap is Qu’Annon?

I’m not here to argue with anyone about it but it’s just funny that this movie is being attacked when it involves important people knowing and participating in it.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2023, 06:21:32 PM »
So a little reading goes a long way

The film is clearly controversial, as are the main star (Jim Cavaziel, who was OUTSTANDING in "Person Of Interest") and the real-life version of the main protagonist (guy named Ballard).  That's the QAnon connection, not with the film itself.  Cavaziel and Ballard have not FULLY rejected all of QAnon's theories (though they have most of them) choosing to believe there is some truth to the child-exploitation angles that QAnon has pursued.

But some of the things that MR talks about were happening BEFORE the QAnon references came to light.  Netflix passed on distribution back in 2019, and Disney acquired the rights and promptly shelved the film.   Why?

Given some of the stories out of Hollywood - Corey Haim pops to mind immediately, and it doesn't take Olympic-level Google skills to find numerous other examples - the Jefftry Epstein scandal, and parts of the Weinstein scandal, the truth, is as always, somewhere in the middle. 

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2023, 03:53:44 AM »
Bobby Jones: Stroke of Genius
Unknown
Deja Vu
Ripper
Outlander
The Stoning of Soraya M.
Nature's Grave
Transit
Savannah
When The Game Stands Tall
The Ballad of Lefty Brown
Paul, Apostle of Christ
Running for Grace
Onyx: Kings of the Grail
Infidel
Sweetwater

Those are the films of Jim Cavaziel, since becoming famous for Passion, that have been similarly treated. Virtually no one knows of them, no one's reviewing them, theaters aren't really showing them etc etc.

So while it's easy to see a conspiracy, especially if you happen to agree with parts of it, all I see is a trend. Another Jim Cavaziel movie that no one cares about.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2023, 04:36:53 AM »
I've inly seen the Bobby Jones movie.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2023, 05:47:29 AM »
I'm seeing this movie getting plenty of attention now that it's surprisingly doing well. No one, Netflix, Disney, etc, expected this movie to make enough money to justify releasing it. Simple enough. Happens all the time. Look at Adami's list of similar movies that did absolutely nothing.

I am open to evidence of some giant Hollywood conspiracy to steal kids for sex and that everyone is into diddling children. There are certainly some high up people into it and they should be caught and punished. I'm not seeing enough to believe any massive conspiracy is happening.

Specifically on the movie, I'm not going to see it in theaters, but would consider watching it at home once available.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2023, 06:54:53 AM »
Bobby Jones: Stroke of Genius
Unknown
Deja Vu
Ripper
Outlander
The Stoning of Soraya M.
Nature's Grave
Transit
Savannah
When The Game Stands Tall
The Ballad of Lefty Brown
Paul, Apostle of Christ
Running for Grace
Onyx: Kings of the Grail
Infidel
Sweetwater

Those are the films of Jim Cavaziel, since becoming famous for Passion, that have been similarly treated. Virtually no one knows of them, no one's reviewing them, theaters aren't really showing them etc etc.

So while it's easy to see a conspiracy, especially if you happen to agree with parts of it, all I see is a trend. Another Jim Cavaziel movie that no one cares about.

That in and of itself is the conspiracy, though, for those that want to see things that way.  Cavaziel has been out-spoken about his religion and his political affiliations, in a town that is anything but tolerant, and anything but accepting of people that see the world from a different lens.  It's hard to stand on an awards stage and celebrate your own political views in such an aggressive way, then turn around and give an award to a guy that doesn't agree with anything you've said.  It's hard to have issue after issue be a far left screed (Rolling Stone), including the reviews which seem to grant points for the degree to which the art is "woke" then give column space to a piece of art or an artist that doesn't agree with anything you've written.

Offline Adami

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2023, 07:08:41 AM »
If Jim was the only actor this was happening to, sure.

But I can quickly look up 50 actors and 1000 movies that suffer exactly the same fate every year. It's just how things work.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2023, 07:28:27 AM »

But I can quickly look up 50 actors and 1000 movies that suffer exactly the same fate every year. It's just how things work.

I'm not arguing with you, I'm just trying to bridge the gap.  Two posters here wrote "QAnon?  I'm out" even though QAnon has nothing to do with the movie itself.  That's basically the crux of the "conspiracy", so it's not a pipe dream or a figment. 

I have no argument that hundreds of films get made every year that go nowhere, and most of them are with cause.  I get it. But that it happens to one film doesn't mean that every film that it happens to is for the same reasons.

Offline Adami

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2023, 07:33:39 AM »

I'm not arguing with you, I'm just trying to bridge the gap.  Two posters here wrote "QAnon?  I'm out" even though QAnon has nothing to do with the movie itself.  That's basically the crux of the "conspiracy", so it's not a pipe dream or a figment. 

I have no argument that hundreds of films get made every year that go nowhere, and most of them are with cause.  I get it. But that it happens to one film doesn't mean that every film that it happens to is for the same reasons.

Which is why I cited the films of Jim since he became famous. The films I listed accounted for all but one of his movies since Passion, and I think that one film he was just a side character. So it happening to his movies is an established trend.

And two posters saying they're out because of Qanon is no different than two posters saying that it's a conspiracy that no one is talking about the movie.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2023, 07:40:54 AM »
Hang on, I have to think about that last sentence.  :) :) :)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2023, 07:48:46 AM »
I'm going to avoid it for the same reason I've avoided most of Caviezel's other works - I don't think he's a very good actor.  So there's no draw here for me.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Grappler

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2023, 08:42:43 AM »

I'm one of the posters.  I have no doubt that Hollywood is laden with pedophiles, I trust Corey Feldman and Corey Haim's experiences.  Kevin Spacey, as amazing as he his, is a very bad boy for the trouble he got himself in and is more proof of nefarious behavior of individuals with money and a sort of power and influence. 

Some of this will venture into P/R territory, but I'll keep it simple for this thread.  The QAnon affiliation goes further than just human trafficking and pedophilia.  Cavizel and the others associated with this film truly believe that a cabal of elite (insert political party here) and Hollywood elite are kidnapping children to drink their blood. That the blood of children contains a precious lifeblood called adrenochrome. 

During the summer of 2020, human trafficking became a constant reply to the civil unrest that the country saw that summer, with many throwing out "but what about the children?" in response to other social movements.  I found it strange that random people of a political affiliation were all of a sudden concerned with children that summer.  Thet whole conspiracy belief seems to be culminating with this movie, as many think that the film's showing somehow exposes a bunch of political and social elite of criminal behavior. 

It just goes too far for me to want to put money into their pockets to continue to fuel what I feel is a very strange belief.  I haven't seen a film of his since The Passion of the Christ and don't plan to start with this one. 

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2023, 09:22:42 AM »
I have no doubt that Hollywood is laden with pedophiles, I trust Corey Feldman and Corey Haim's experiences.  Kevin Spacey, as amazing as he his, is a very bad boy for the trouble he got himself in and is more proof of nefarious behavior of individuals with money and a sort of power and influence. 

Some of this will venture into P/R territory, but I'll keep it simple for this thread.  The QAnon affiliation goes further than just human trafficking and pedophilia.  Cavizel and the others associated with this film truly believe that a cabal of elite (insert political party here) and Hollywood elite are kidnapping children to drink their blood. That the blood of children contains a precious lifeblood called adrenochrome. 

All the way up until the drinking of the blood I 100% believe that there is a large sect of Hollywood and Political elite who rape children.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2023, 10:06:47 AM »
And that's fair.  You do you.  I'm not interested in furthering the wackier parts of this. 

These things take on a life of their own, though.  Child trafficking happens.  It's real, independent of the conspiracy theories.  I didn't see the movie, but I probably will at some point because the base topic is important.  I can't - we can't - just ignore relevant topics because of some shadow that one or more people put over it. It's called "outrageous overshadowing". 

The way some of these things are dealt with I think border on self-defeating.  You can't google "Adrenochrome" (which actually exists, by the way, it just doesn't do what some think it does) with coming up "anti-Semitism".  What?  So I dig in, and because "Adrenochrome" is associated with the group that thinks a cabal of elites and/or possible Satanists who control the world behind the scenes use this shit to stay young, and in the DARK AGES - almost a THOUSAND YEARS AGO - an equally fringe group thought Jews controlled the world, all of a sudden by association this is de facto anti-Semitic. 

I dunno; to me, those sort of quasi-associations, while appearing a whole lot less "Star Trek" are no less looney tunes than anything the QAnon maniacs are coming up with.  In fact, maybe it's more dangerous because it ISN'T so wacky on it's face.

All of it results in chilling fact-based, real-life conversations that we HAVE to have in order to keep our kids safe.

(And I tend to stay away from names like "looney tunes" and "maniacs" but I can't keep writing that I am not in any way advocating for the specifics of QAnon or anything they stand for.  It seems very far-fetched to me, even if there are perhaps small kernels of truth-ish on which these fantastical trees grow.)

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2023, 10:53:22 AM »
I'll add 20th Century Fox had the distribution rights for the movie back in 2018 (so the whole mainstream studios wouldn't touch it is more crap).  When Disney brought 20th Century Fox and therefore got those rights they shelved it, more than likely because it doesn't fit their brand.  There is no evidence the movie rejected by Netflix (why would they, it was owned by Disney). 

I suspect if it had by released back in 2018/19 under 20th Century Fox it wouldn't have done anything (much like those other movies Adami posted) However it's become a poster child movie for the extreme right, helped by Jim's 'dodgy' promotion.

The two Cory's is typical of why these things are far more about politics than doing the right thing.  It's well documented who is believed to have abused Haim - but the extreme rightwing won't go after him because he's a Trump loving anti vaxxer (one of thier own).  They'd much rather tell you about the video they have of Hillary murdering a child and drinking it's blood.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 03:22:00 PM by soupytwist »

Online MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2023, 03:15:48 PM »
Oh i'm avoiding this movie so very much.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Adami

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2023, 03:27:49 PM »
Oh i'm avoiding this movie so very much.

Shouldn’t be too difficult.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Adami

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2023, 05:04:53 PM »
A friend of mine who only really messages me about drums and drumming, and is also a big Qanon believer and such messaged me about this movie a bit ago. He never talks to me about movies and usually knows better than to mention politics to me. But he said because Hollywood is terrified of this movie, he and a bunch of his friends are going to see it and urged me to see it too.

Who knows? Maybe it’ll be one of Jim’s more successful movies.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Grappler

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2024, 10:03:21 AM »
An ironic follow-up to this film:  Tim Ballard (the subject of the movie) is being sued for allegations of sexual exploitation and abuse of women while on his sex trafficking rescue missions - he coerced the women with him to pretend to be his romantic partners. 

Ballard was excommunicated from the Church of Latter Day Saints as a result.

https://kutv.com/news/local/lawsuit-filed-by-five-women-against-former-our-ceo-tim-ballard-on-accusations-of-sexual-misconduct-operation-underground-railroad-couples-ruse-sean-reyes-president-ballard-church-officials-donald-trump-senate-run?fbclid=IwAR38yu20OGrynUWFkzccb37A__pobkCjiw2DM7dqTvLJ8Brum-Vr3fUfRJo