Author Topic: Marvel Animation's X-Men '97 | Official Trailer | Disney+  (Read 861 times)

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Marvel Animation's X-Men '97 | Official Trailer | Disney+
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2024, 12:28:50 PM »
Very excited for this.

Loved the animated series as a kid. Rewatched some of it recently and it....can be a bit rough in some ways, but I still love it.

Though, Wolverine did sound a bit odd at the end. I guess that happens though after 20 years or whatever.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2024, 05:28:53 AM »
Back then, I watched the animated series for the plot...

...the plot:

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2024, 09:25:59 PM »
The first two episodes are available at Disney+ now  :metal

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2024, 06:26:29 AM »
I didn't realize it would be 1 episode-per-week thing, so I'll hold off until more episodes are available
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline billboy73

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2024, 01:44:40 PM »
Watched the 1st episode last night and really enjoyed it.  The original series and the comics were a huge part of my childhood, so I was really excited for this.  It did not disappoint!  Obviously the nostalgia was thick, but I am excited to see where it goes too.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2024, 05:41:55 AM »
The show is goddamn great so far.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline Adami

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2024, 07:57:32 AM »
First episode was good. Second episode was great.

So curious where they're going now. Lots of changes.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2024, 03:11:31 PM »
Man.  So much gravitas in these 1st 2 episodes.   So well done.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2024, 12:34:00 PM »
Finally got around to watching the first two episodes yesterday and WOW I am blown away. The writing, acting, and animation are all top-notch, and are what the show looked like in my memories (though I'm sure if I watched the original show now, it'd be a bit choppy compared to today's animation). I've seen some comments saying that the current animation studio doing X-Men '97 should re-animate the original series, and honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing them re-do some of those old episodes or make movies out of each season or some of those bigger multi-episode arcs.

I hope the success of this show leads Disney to re-releasing the original cartoon on BD in a full series box-set. I have most of the original DVDs, but wouldn't mind the upgrade if the complete series was made available.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2024, 02:05:57 PM »
Anyone watch episode three yet? I caught it last night and WOW, what an intense episode. They're really packing a lot into these half hours, with tons of details and easter eggs, as well as hints for upcoming plot lines. The one big retcon to the original series has some folks wondering if this series is some sort of branch timeline, and given the amount of time travel the original series had, with alternate histories, it wouldn't surprise me if they tried incorporating more of that, and maybe the TVA, into this series.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2024, 11:30:07 AM »
I guess interest in this show has been slow here? I caught Episode 4 a couple of nights ago and was hoping to see some more talk about it here but I guess folks are either uninterested or are waiting for the season to finish and binge it.

Episode 4 had two separate stories but both were really good, with focuses on Jubilee and Storm, two of the fan-favorite core characters since day 1 of the series. I'm really loving all the attention to detail they sneak into the ever-changing opening sequence, even if I have to watch YouTube breakdown videos to catch some of them, but it's clear the creators want us to notice these things because they are/will become relevant to the story moving forward. These aren't just easter eggs and cameos for the sake of them, and I love that they're getting to redraw/reanimate some moments from the original series into the opening sequence.

-Marc.

Offline Adami

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2024, 11:38:02 AM »
My wife and I are watching it together but she's a bit slower to want to see it than I am. So we are still only 2 episodes in. Hopefully can watch more soon, but interest is high on my part!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2024, 11:49:29 AM »
are waiting for the season to finish and binge it.

-Marc.
This is where I am. I'll catch it once more episodes are out.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2024, 11:54:08 AM »
Never watched the original, so not much interest in this from me.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Adami

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2024, 11:55:31 AM »
Never watched the original, so not much interest in this from me.

Et tu Hef?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Realm

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2024, 12:31:04 AM »
First 3 episodes were great. 4th episode was one of the worst if not the worst episode of any tv show I have seen in a long time. Just horrendous and hard to believe I was watching the same show. Total rubbish.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2024, 11:53:31 AM »
Et tu Hef?
Sorry pal.  I hope you enjoy it to the fullest.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2024, 12:21:21 PM »
Wow... today's episode is just some of the best animated television I've ever seen. Very hard-hitting, intense, and emotional. I was NOT expecting that ending, and having seen it before work today, it'll be sitting in my mind all day distracting me. This might be the best episode of the season yet, and I'll be impressed if the quality keeps up and they can produce equally, if not more moving stories going forth.

-Marc.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2024, 12:23:50 PM »
Wow... today's episode is just some of the best animated television I've ever seen. Very hard-hitting, intense, and emotional. I was NOT expecting that ending, and having seen it before work today, it'll be sitting in my mind all day distracting me. This might be the best episode of the season yet, and I'll be impressed if the quality keeps up and they can produce equally, if not more moving stories going forth.

-Marc.

I some some memes hinting to it being a brutal episode. I think I'm on 3 right now, so will probably plow through them today.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2024, 06:58:58 PM »
Well that ended dark as fuck.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2024, 09:19:07 PM »
Well that ended dark as fuck.

And we are only halfway through the season!!! And it's the first.of THREE seasons as well! This honestly might be the best thing Disney/Marvel have done since Endgame or Spider-Man NWH. They have definitely set the bar high for Marvel Animation going forth.

-Marc.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2024, 11:22:04 AM »
Someone pointed it out and I just checked it... Right before shit hits the fan you can see the Watcher in the sky...at 20:40

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2024, 04:17:03 PM »
Someone pointed it out and I just checked it... Right before shit hits the fan you can see the Watcher in the sky...at 20:40

Yeah I didn't notice that when I watched it but saw some folks point it out on Twitter. This tracks, since he appeared in the original series as well, but now that we're in a post Watcher Multiverse world, it'll be interesting to see if he returns in this series and brings up alternate realities and divergent timelines.

-Marc.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2024, 05:18:01 PM »
Yeah I didn't notice that when I watched it but saw some folks point it out on Twitter. This tracks, since he appeared in the original series as well, but now that we're in a post Watcher Multiverse world, it'll be interesting to see if he returns in this series and brings up alternate realities and divergent timelines.

-Marc.

I mean, they gotta do something to repair the damage of that episode....

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2024, 05:31:45 PM »
I mean, they gotta do something to repair the damage of that episode....

I do suspect that Cable, Bishop, and/or Forge might do something to "fix the timeline", especially given Bishop's line a couple episodes back about how he didn't know about Jean's clone in his past.

-Marc.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2024, 06:51:35 AM »
Will this episode be tied with Necrosha?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necrosha

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2024, 09:35:06 AM »
Seems like they are trying to top Transformers: The Movie for inflicting trauma on your childhood heroes.

What a goddamn episode.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2024, 10:39:05 AM »
Seems like they are trying to top Transformers: The Movie for inflicting trauma on your childhood heroes.

What a goddamn episode.

:rollin