Author Topic: Dark (Netflix Sci-fi show) - Season 3 out now!  (Read 5454 times)

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Re: Dark (Netflix Sci-fi show) - Season 3 June 27th 2020!
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2020, 07:25:59 AM »
Starting the new season now

Just the recap alone gave me a headache  :lol

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2020, 10:30:07 AM »
I'll be watching one episode per day starting tomorrow.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online faizoff

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2020, 11:23:41 AM »
I want to watch it when I'm in the 'pay attention' zone. Will start tonight!
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Dark (Netflix Sci-fi show) - Season 3 out now!
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2020, 11:52:48 AM »
I might start tonight.....I know I won’t watch only (1) episode.....I’d be a minimum two, maybe three :lol
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2020, 05:22:21 PM »
Without spoiling anything, Season 3 was very good. I really thought they painted themselves into a corner after season 2, but they found a very solid way to progress the story and settle everything nicely.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2020, 07:47:48 AM »
I am really glad to hear the writers haven't "Lost" the plot, reception seems to be really great, looking forward to this one.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2020, 09:57:04 AM »
Got to see the first (2) episodes last night......man, just when I thought the show couldn't get any more convoluted  :lol

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2020, 11:05:06 AM »
I was also slightly worried with the added element/twist at the end of S2 but I binged S3 in pretty much 1 day and with many thoughts spinning through my head, I think they did a pretty good job solving things. Having seen S1 and S2 a few weeks ago for the first time and now blasting through S3, there's just so many things to take in that I might not fully wrap my mind around it until I've thought about it for a few weeks, or even done a second viewing in the future. Overall I think it was 3 great seasons and it's unfortunate that the language barrier will keep a lot of people away from it - though honestly if people can't get over subtitles I wouldn't expect them to understand anything that happens in the plot either.  :lol

I've seen multiple comparisons made to Lost in different discussions and as someone who holds Lost in very high regard (probably my all time favorite show) I just feel it's two different type of shows and endings. Lost for me had an ending that was satisfying to me on an emotional level and in terms of giving the characters I had grown to love a nice send off. Seeing them all together at the end, it hit a nerve for me and the ending delivered in those areas for me. Dark is almost a flip side where on a story level and continuity level it felt like a very strong conclusion, without getting TOO spoilery, let's just say there are certain sacrifices along the way and my only real negative complaint would be that for 'the greater good' to happen in the end, you had to give up a lot of what got you into the show.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2020, 11:31:19 AM »

Spoiler talk

Maybe I missed it, but was there any explanation who made the Orb device that can travel between worlds?

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2020, 02:30:42 AM »

Spoiler talk

Maybe I missed it, but was there any explanation who made the Orb device that can travel between worlds?

Nope.   I think it was just the Eva world version of ‘the device’

Just finished it up. Watched (6) episodes tonight. Was gonna break it into two nights of three but just got to a point and said F it.  :lol

Pretty satisfied with the way it all shaped up. I’ll wait until a few more folks get the time to watch cuz there’s certainly some things to discuss.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2020, 05:02:22 PM »
Couple thoughts:

- Loved seeing the 'Bootstraps Paradox' really flushed out with the St. Christopher necklace. Fascinating stuff

- I would have liked to learn more why Jonas suddenly started showing signs of 'time travel' with his facial features? It was implied it was because he was time traveling SO
   much.....but would have liked to learned more on that

-  As 'poetic' as the ending was with Jonas, Martha and the rest of them just ceasing to exist......IMO it felt a little too easy of an explanation for the show. It's hard to explain...but, seemed like they could have gotten a tad more creative with the fate of the souls in the alternate worlds. Besides, LEGION on FX did that exact same thing in their finale and I thought it was more well done, on point for the story and overall just more 'beautiful'     Not that I disliked the end of DARK.....just felt it could have been more special than it was??

-  Charlotte being the daughter of Elizibeth.....who was Charlotte's own Daughter is/was one of the most mind screwy things I've seen. I know it's not 'original' to time travel shows/books but it was just done so well it was utterly mind melting at times.

- Hannah is an outright manipulative sociopath in every world possible. It's a special thing when shows can create a character that you just love to hate. She was one of them. She's not GOT's King Geoffrey but she's up there.

Sure I'll think of more as we start to discuss it further.....

Online faizoff

« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2020, 10:30:23 PM »
I'm 3 episodes in Season 3 and holy shit, this is getting even more crazier. 5 more to go.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2020, 11:05:25 PM »
Episode 7 was confusing. I still can’t keep track of some of the characters and how they connect to one another. I thought they wrapped things up well in the final episode.

Definitely need to rewatch the whole series at some point. It’s a mind bender.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2020, 01:08:15 AM »
I'm 3 episodes in Season 3 and holy shit, this is getting even more crazier. 5 more to go.

Same here, I gave up understanding  :lol

I mean, it's not that I don't understand anything or that I don't recognize the characters, but it's more like a difficult lesson at university: I understand what the professor is saying, I'd have a hard time to explain it properly to someone else, or to write a good essay about it.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2020, 07:07:15 AM »
I must admit that I am having trouble remembering some of the family ties and character events. I think this series is best when watched as a whole. s1 and s2 made sense to me, even the final moments of s2 were something I, in some way, kind of expected given the nature of the time loop of the show.

I was also slightly worried with the added element/twist at the end of S2 but I binged S3 in pretty much 1 day and with many thoughts spinning through my head, I think they did a pretty good job solving things. Having seen S1 and S2 a few weeks ago for the first time and now blasting through S3, there's just so many things to take in that I might not fully wrap my mind around it until I've thought about it for a few weeks, or even done a second viewing in the future. Overall I think it was 3 great seasons and it's unfortunate that the language barrier will keep a lot of people away from it - though honestly if people can't get over subtitles I wouldn't expect them to understand anything that happens in the plot either.  :lol

I've seen multiple comparisons made to Lost in different discussions and as someone who holds Lost in very high regard (probably my all time favorite show) I just feel it's two different type of shows and endings. Lost for me had an ending that was satisfying to me on an emotional level and in terms of giving the characters I had grown to love a nice send off. Seeing them all together at the end, it hit a nerve for me and the ending delivered in those areas for me. Dark is almost a flip side where on a story level and continuity level it felt like a very strong conclusion, without getting TOO spoilery, let's just say there are certain sacrifices along the way and my only real negative complaint would be that for 'the greater good' to happen in the end, you had to give up a lot of what got you into the show.

Well, I mentioned Lost because at some point it really seemed the writers were just winging the overarching plot. But, I do agree ultimately the main draw of Lost became it's cast and how they reacted to all the absurd things happening to them. And that aspect was really good, Lost is full of great characters. I am generally not really hating at Lost, I think it is very good, but I do think it serves as an example of series that perhaps went too far with introducing mindblowers.

Online faizoff

« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2020, 05:53:50 AM »
Still have 3 episodes left but the last two have been ridiculously nuts! Found this website that gives info on the family tree and how they're connected, it's done by each episode.

Very cool website!

https://darknetflix.io

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2020, 07:01:49 AM »
That chart was extremely helpful

I stared at it for like 10 mins strait

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2020, 02:47:42 PM »
Has anyone seen the movie Dogma? remember the scene when Jay is out of his mind and starts to cuss in front of God-Alanis Morrisette?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3p90mcI2vc

Well, that's my reaction after having seen each episode of Dark  ;D

(Episode 5 just finished, three to go. OUCH. JUST OUCH)

Online faizoff

« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2020, 11:31:03 PM »
Just finished. Wow, what a season, lots to think about... like a LOT to think about.

Online faizoff

« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2020, 11:38:46 PM »
Oh and while we're talking about LOST. This interview with Damon was very interesting, he basically says how they wanted to end it after 3 seasons and ABC was like no, we need 10 seasons.

I thought it was a good read, it kinda explains some of the ideas behind the development of the show and how it progressed.

https://collider.com/damon-lindelof-lost-original-ending-plan/

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2020, 10:40:24 AM »
Honestly, I made the mistake and not watch the last season since it aired so son of a fish am I lost but still I can't stop watching.  :lol

Still have 3 episodes left but the last two have been ridiculously nuts! Found this website that gives info on the family tree and how they're connected, it's done by each episode.

Very cool website!

Cool website!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Aefenwelg

« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2020, 11:42:08 AM »
Just finished S3 and I have some family questions based on that tree in the link above.

So there's definitely a line explaining that Tronte is not Regina's father, which is why she can exist in the original world. But was it stated that Bernd Doppler is Regina's father? or was I supposed to pick up on that at some point?

Also, Bernd Doppler is not Helge's father?

And what happened to EW (Eva's world) Hannah's and EW Ulrich's kid?

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2020, 10:05:43 AM »
Who is the guy with blind eyes?
How does he connect with the story? I think I missed something there.
Who are the original Sic Mundus?

Online faizoff

« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2020, 11:58:13 AM »
Who is the guy with blind eyes?
How does he connect with the story? I think I missed something there.
Who are the original Sic Mundus?

His name is Gustav Tannhaus and an early member of the Sic Mundus society.

This site has the answer to your questions in more detail.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2020, 02:42:43 PM »
Well, that ending was, uh... really something, huh?

I liked the joke with Wöller's eye.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2020, 03:11:33 PM »
Finished. Wow. It's always a pleasure to see the authors of a great series sticking to the landing and concluding in a satisfying way.

I'll need months to unpack everything but overall, color me satisfied.

Dark is a perfect series. Never believe anything else  :hat