Author Topic: McMillion$  (Read 2346 times)

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
McMillion$
« on: February 19, 2020, 07:37:06 AM »
A fascinating and incredibly well done documentary of the 'Monopoly' game scandal.  Three episodes in out of six so far.  As they peel the layers back, you'll end up getting slowly shocked, amazed, and saddened as to all that was involved.

https://www.hbo.com/mcmillions
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Re: McMillion$
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 08:53:26 AM »
So that's why I never won  :lol

Just watched the trailer. This looks great

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 09:15:15 AM »
My wife and I watched the first 2 episodes and we're hooked.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 02:19:36 PM »
A fascinating and incredibly well done documentary of the 'Monopoly' game scandal.  Three episodes in out of six so far.  As they peel the layers back, you'll end up getting slowly shocked, amazed, and saddened as to all that was involved.

https://www.hbo.com/mcmillions

wow this looks interesting, also Markie Mark produced it, I'll have to check it out.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2020, 03:58:18 PM »
I had a few people recommend this to me and I watched the first two episodes the other night; I am hooked.

I will try to get to the third tonight.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2020, 09:03:22 PM »
Nice to see some good press from you guys, I've been intrigued about this one myself.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2020, 08:32:56 AM »
this whole story has some extremely interesting characters.  You can't make some of these people up.
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2020, 10:29:06 PM »
Very well done, and thoroughly entertaining. That end of ep 3 though has me all  :omg:

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2020, 06:48:56 AM »
I put the first episode on, wow that investigator is eccentric  :lol I fell asleep like 15 minutes into it, but definitely enjoyed what I watched so far.  I'm curious what actually went down so I'll have to catch myself up here. 

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2020, 03:35:01 PM »
All episodes are now available.  I wish there would have been a little more in depth stuff regarding all involved and their penalties, but this is how to make a multi episode documentary.  Hardly any filler, incredibly well done, educational and entertaining, which left us wanting more.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2020, 02:13:51 PM »
All episodes are now available.  I wish there would have been a little more in depth stuff regarding all involved and their penalties, but this is how to make a multi episode documentary.  Hardly any filler, incredibly well done, educational and entertaining, which left us wanting more.

Whole heartedly disagree with the bolded. Everything we were shown should have been a 'Dateline' special with commercials. This thing was drug out just to make a series out of it. It was interesting for sure.....but there wasn't (6) hours worth of stuff....half of the last episode was slow playing music to backgrounds that just panned left to right with no discernable meaning other than to simply pass the hour.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind