Landslide
14 (7.7%)
Big Love
5 (2.8%)
Gypsy
12 (6.6%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Voting closed: October 16, 2023, 08:56:38 PM

Author Topic: Your favorites of these "hits" by Fleetwood Mac  (Read 2084 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: Your favorites of these "hits" by Fleetwood Mac
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2018, 09:18:53 AM »
Shouldn't say it because it's so popular and probably means something to a lot of people, but "Landslide" is almost my "Roxanne" for Fleetwood Mac.   Of all their songs, it boggles that that one has so much traction. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2018, 09:20:17 AM »
Shouldn't say it because it's so popular and probably means something to a lot of people, but "Landslide" is almost my "Roxanne" for Fleetwood Mac.   Of all their songs, it boggles that that one has so much traction.

Well, like I said, it's The Lovely Mrs TAC's all time favorite song. Lyrically, it reminds her of her father, who she was very close too.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2018, 10:40:20 AM »

Well, like I said, it's The Lovely Mrs TAC's all time favorite song. Lyrically, it reminds her of her father, who she was very close too.

And I hope you take no offense to what I said.  I don't necessarily mean it on a personal basis like that - any song can mean something to any person for any reason - I mean the more broad appeal.  I mean, why is Billy Corgan picking THAT song to cover?  The list of covers is as long as my leg/penis:  Dixie Chicks, Lady Antebellum, John Frusciante, Bush, Miley Cyrus... I know there are others too. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2018, 11:43:17 AM »
Oh no, no offense taken whatsoever. :)
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline njfirefighter

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2018, 04:34:51 PM »
Sara
Hold Me
Go Your Own Way
Landslide
Big Love

This band did exist a while before Lindsey and Stevie came along.
Oh Well
Hypnotized
Emerald Eyes
Sentimental Lady

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2018, 04:46:19 PM »
Landslide and Roxanne are perfectly fine songs. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2018, 07:38:26 PM »
Landslide and Roxanne are perfectly fine songs.

Maybe so, but as I noted in the Police thread, I love almost everything my them - even some of the Stu/Andy songs - but Roxanne is by far my least favorite Police song.