Author Topic: The Sea Within (feat. Stolt, Gildenlöw, Reingold, Brislin, Minnemann)  (Read 24612 times)

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
Re: The Sea Within (feat. Stolt, Gildenlöw, Reingold, Brislin, Minnemann)
« Reply #280 on: August 22, 2018, 11:32:15 AM »
Seeing this thread reminds me of that band. I've listened to it twice and forgot about it. Seems like this isn't my cup of tea, sadly.

I had a similar experience. Took me a bit to get into it, then I quite enjoyed, but within a week lost entirely the desire to listen to it.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #281 on: August 22, 2018, 01:44:53 PM »
 :rollin
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #282 on: August 22, 2018, 01:45:43 PM »
Seeing this thread reminds me of that band. I've listened to it twice and forgot about it. Seems like this isn't my cup of tea, sadly.

I had a similar experience. Took me a bit to get into it, then I quite enjoyed, but within a week lost entirely the desire to listen to it.
I absolutely love the album!
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #283 on: July 23, 2020, 02:36:54 AM »
I quite like this. Stumbled on it by accident. Not a massive progger these days but the vibe is good, afaic.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline DTA

« Reply #284 on: July 23, 2020, 05:33:03 AM »
Glad someone likes it. I haven't even thought about this album since the week it came out (same with Invention of Knowledge) so maybe I'll listen again and see if anything's changed.

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #285 on: July 23, 2020, 12:21:58 PM »
Yeah, I bought it about a year ago and I've probably only listened to it in full once. I can't entirely put it down to lack of inspiration on Roine's part, because Waiting For Miracles, the Flower Kings' last album, is absolutely brilliant.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #286 on: July 23, 2020, 02:35:11 PM »
I like this album well enough, but I'll be honest, I don't think I've listened to it more than a dozen times since its release. Given the folks involved, you'd think this would've been way more popular, but it just didn't strike the right chords with me (and many others, it seems).

And at this point, this feels like it'll be another one-off from Roine (looking at you, Anderson / Stolt), especially now that Roine and Jonas are working on a new TFK album, less than a year after the last one. Also, Daniel is working on new POS, Tom is with Kansas, and Marco is always seemingly doing a dozen things at once.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #287 on: July 24, 2020, 12:26:43 PM »
I like this album well enough, but I'll be honest, I don't think I've listened to it more than a dozen times since its release. Given the folks involved, you'd think this would've been way more popular, but it just didn't strike the right chords with me (and many others, it seems).

And at this point, this feels like it'll be another one-off from Roine (looking at you, Anderson / Stolt), especially now that Roine and Jonas are working on a new TFK album, less than a year after the last one. Also, Daniel is working on new POS, Tom is with Kansas, and Marco is always seemingly doing a dozen things at once.

-Marc.

The Flower Kings (and occasionally Transatlantic) are where Roine's heart truly belongs. By some distance his best music has been made collaborating with those musicians. I mean, obviously it's good to branch out and make music with others, but it doesn't always have the same electrifying results.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #288 on: July 24, 2020, 01:12:21 PM »
The whole isn't greater than the sum of the parts with this album.  Great players but zero chemistry on this album. Plus, for me, I'm not a Daniel Gildenlow fan by any stretch.  The cover art is the most inspired part of this album in my opinion.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Online HOF

« Reply #289 on: July 24, 2020, 01:36:10 PM »
Gildenlow is one of the reasons I’ve stayed away from this one. Guy just rubs me the wrong way. He has a good voice but it just comes across as pretentious. Did not care for his appearance on the last TA album at all.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #290 on: July 24, 2020, 06:33:47 PM »
I still like this album. Wish there would be a follow up but I doubt it given the circumstances.