Author Topic: The Sea Within (feat. Stolt, Gildenlöw, Reingold, Brislin, Minnemann)  (Read 24583 times)

Offline Fritzinger

Re: The Sea Within (feat. Stolt, Gildenlöw, Reingold, Brislin, Minnemann)
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2018, 09:35:20 AM »
The band has been posting mysterious stuff on Facebook, I'm guessing an announcement should come soon!
any rock can be made to roll

Offline gborland

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2018, 07:38:52 AM »
I'm really looking at a reasonable way to plan two nights of that at the end of our UK vacation in 2018, mainly for this, Riverside, and Big Big Train, but it seems so damn expensive to get to and stay. German airports nearby don't fly to the US as cheaply as other places around, I'll probably have to stay well away from the festival and can't really grasp how I get there and back every day as it's somewhat remote. Any suggestions?

It's a couple of hours' drive from big airports at Frankfurt, Cologne, Dusseldorf... just rent a car.
Graham Borland

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2018, 02:12:25 PM »
Actually I will drive right past Frankfurt, which is the airport most flights go to in Germany (I think). I will go with two of my buddies so if we pack right, I will have one spare seat. I you want, you can join!

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2018, 02:14:48 PM »
I'm really looking at a reasonable way to plan two nights of that at the end of our UK vacation in 2018, mainly for this, Riverside, and Big Big Train, but it seems so damn expensive to get to and stay. German airports nearby don't fly to the US as cheaply as other places around, I'll probably have to stay well away from the festival and can't really grasp how I get there and back every day as it's somewhat remote. Any suggestions?

It's a couple of hours' drive from big airports at Frankfurt, Cologne, Dusseldorf... just rent a car.

Actually I will drive right past Frankfurt, which is the airport most flights go to in Germany (I think). I will go with two of my buddies so if we pack right, I will have one spare seat. I you want, you can join!

Thank you very much for the advice and the offer. I actually squared myself away two weeks ago. I'll be renting a car and staying in a BnB a little south of the venue. Was able to do this more cheaply than even the hotel and shuttle package the festival is offering, and won't have to worry about a long ride every morning and evening.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2018, 07:24:26 PM »
So excited to hear some music from this. Who knows what it'll sound like. I expect harmonies.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2018, 02:51:11 AM »
Why haven't I heard of this before? This could be really interesting.  :metal
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2018, 04:19:48 PM »
Roine posted on Facebook over the weekend that the album should be released in June with live shows starting in July.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2018, 08:22:02 PM »
Roine posted on Facebook over the weekend that the album should be released in June with live shows starting in July.

-Marc.

US Tour please.....

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2018, 08:44:53 PM »
Any clips? Teasers?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2018, 01:10:23 PM »

-Marc.

US Tour please.....

Spoiler alert, the tour will be in Europe, with perhaps 1 US festival date.
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2018, 01:28:12 PM »

-Marc.

US Tour please.....

In October or on a boat?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 04:10:17 PM by kingshmegland »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2018, 02:15:18 PM »

-Marc.

US Tour please.....

Seems this will be a one day tour... only stop Night of the Prog

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2018, 06:38:44 AM »
The band posted a while ago that they would post an update "next week"... That "next week" was last week  :'(

I am so hyped for this band I can't even

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2018, 10:11:51 AM »
I'm certainly interested in them, but let's save hype for when we've actually heard something from them.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2018, 05:24:05 PM »
Same here.  I'll be excited once I hear the music and hear something to get something to excited about.

Online Adami

« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2018, 05:31:01 PM »
I hope it's good and not too heavy, but also really well produced.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Schurftkut

« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2018, 04:25:30 AM »
i know Reingold has great production with Karmakanic, and Stolt, well, we know what he's capable of so...

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2018, 10:41:31 AM »
Road Salts and In The Passing Light by PoS also sounded very good and Minnemann always has a great drum sound (and he produces solo albums en mass) so I don't think we have to worry about that.
I actually hope that it will be a little heavy, having Daniel involved. But I don't think Roine will do so heavy stuff.

Online Adami

« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2018, 11:37:00 AM »
Road Salts and In The Passing Light by PoS also sounded very good and Minnemann always has a great drum sound (and he produces solo albums en mass) so I don't think we have to worry about that.
I actually hope that it will be a little heavy, having Daniel involved. But I don't think Roine will do so heavy stuff.

Road Salts do not sound very good at all. ITPLOD sounds okay. Better, but not great.

Even though PoS is my favorite band, their production (in genera) leaves a lot to be desired. TPE is my favorite album and I'd love a great remix like we got with Remedy Lane.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2018, 12:04:54 PM »
I agree on The Perfect Element. Especially the drums need a remix. You can't even hear a snare when distorted guitars are being played.

But I love the sound of Road Salt I&II!! Very dry, rough and not mixed so loud.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2018, 12:55:40 PM »
I never had a problem with TPE, sounds fine to me.

The Road Salts sound like they should, imo.

I really like the drum sound on Passing Light Of Day but sometimes it gets muddy when the band is playing in full force.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Schurftkut

« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2018, 12:26:04 PM »
coming monday there will be an announcement :)

Offline ChuckSteak

« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2018, 05:05:11 AM »
Front cover is ugly as fuck. But it will be a double album.  :tup

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2018, 05:26:16 AM »
I hope that Daniel will be on board for the Night Of The Prog.

I am very hyped for this. Second disc has 4 songs, maybe there will be some awesome long tracks. Guest appearances sound great as well. Jon Anderson is one of my fav singers of all time. And of course Jordan  :eek

Album artwork is cool for me, typical Flower Kings retro-prog cover ;) A little Hugh Syme like. I wonder who did it.

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2018, 05:34:16 AM »
Here's the Facebook announcement by Inside Out:

The Sea Within – the new art-rock collective comprising of Roine Stolt (Transatlantic, The Flower Kings), Daniel Gildenlöw (Pain of Salvation), Jonas Reingold (Steve Hackett, The Flower Kings, Karmakanic, The Tangent), Tom Brislin Music (Yes Symphonic, Renaissance, Spiraling, Deborah Harry) & Marco Minnemann (The Aristocrats, Steven Wilson, UK, Joe Satriani) – have announced that their debut self-titled album will be released 22nd June 2018.
Let's get one thing straight from the start. The Sea Within is more of an amalgamation of some serious talents, than a regular “supergroup”. These musicians have come together to create a unique album. Guitarist/vocalist Roine Stolt, bassist Jonas Reingold, keyboard player/vocalist Tom Brislin, drummer/vocalist Marco Minnemann and vocalist/guitarist Daniel Gildenlöw have a vast reservoir of experience. Look at the portmanteau of artists with who they've worked: The Flower Kings, Transatlantic, Jon Anderson, Steven Wilson,The Aristocrats, Joe Satriani, Yes, Steve Hackett, Renaissance, Pain Of Salvation, Deborah Harry, Meatloaf, Karmakanic … that of itself tells you this is something very special. ��
“I suppose it all began to take shape in the autumn of 2016,” explains Stolt. “I had a chat with Thomas Waber, the boss at InsideOut Music, about the idea of putting together a new band. I wanted to move in a fresh direction with new collaborations. So Thomas gave me the ‘go ahead’ to seek musicians for a new project.”�First on-board was The Flower Kings bass player Jonas Reingold.- “He is a long time bandmate and friend and we were also very keen to get keyboardist Tom (Brislin) involved - after seeing his synth pyrotechnics with legends Yes ‘Symphonic’ and with Camel. Then we have been a fans of ‘Aristocrats’ drummer Marco for a long time; I first heard of him 15 years ago and he is a brilliant drummer, unique energy. Then when we discussed ideas for singers, Daniel's name came up, he has such a great range and dynamic voice and we've worked together on and off over the years.” Also added later to the bands line-up for live shows was vocalist & guitarist Casey McPherson of ‘Flying Colors’ & ‘Alpha Rev’, who also sings a couple of songs on the album. ��
The entire recording situation took about six months, and the band also have some very special guests featured on the album.�“We have got Jordan Rudess from Dream Theater playing piano on one song. The legendary Jon Anderson sings on another track, while 'wind ace' Rob Townsend, who plays saxophone and flute with Steve Hackett, is also on the record. Each of them brings a different flavour to the music.” �
The Sea Within as a music collective have plans to perform live, and will make their stage debut at 'Night Of The Prog' in Loreley, Germany which happens from July 13-15 and will bring special guests for that evening. �“As far as I am concerned, we will try do as much touring as possible. We have a great band, great label and our agent Rob Palmen on-board. We have great artwork by Marcela Bolivar, all looks bright. However Daniel will not be able to join us for touring now, as he has commitments with main band Pain Of Salvation. With Casey taking the vocal spot, now with us live, we can go out on the road and play this album and beyond and grow as a band. We have so much to offer musically, on record and on stage and I am sure we will develop a lot over the next few years. But 'The Sea Within' album is a great start. I am excited for everyone to hear what we have done and am now thrilled to start working on the songs for the live show.”
The album will be available as a special edition 2CD digipak, gatefold 2LP vinyl + 2CD & as digital download. You can find the full track listing below:
Disc 1:
1. Ashes of Dawn
2. They Know My Name
3. The Void
4. An Eye for an Eye for an Eye
5. Goodbye
6. Sea Without
7. Broken Cord
8. The Hiding of the Truth
Disc 2:
1. The Roaring Silence
2. Where Are You Going?
3. Time
4. Denise

https://www.facebook.com/InsideOutMusic/posts/10156353862555439

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2018, 06:36:44 AM »
I am so freaking excited for this. And doubly excited I get to see the live debut.

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2018, 07:49:54 AM »
Sadly no Daniel for touring. But they did get Casey McPherson so that's interesting.interesting
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline ich bin besser

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2018, 07:56:17 AM »
I am so freaking excited for this. And doubly excited I get to see the live debut.

So you are coming to NotP? Cool - hope we can meet at some point!  :hat

I'm kinda disappointed that Daniel won't be there. His energy on stage will be missed.
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2018, 08:34:09 AM »

So you are coming to NotP? Cool - hope we can meet at some point!  :hat

Indeed, only coming for the first two days, but I will be there, and we shall certainly meet up!

Online Adami

« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2018, 08:35:20 AM »
Cool.

Any news on when the first single or anything will be here?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2018, 09:01:00 AM »
Artwork (ew) and writeup makes it seem like another Stolte project to me.  Kind of a shame cause I really wanna see Daniel get more involved with anything that isnt PoS.  Cool that it's coming so soon though.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2018, 09:15:45 AM »
What's with the hate on the artwork?  I think it's great?

Artwork (ew) and writeup makes it seem like another Stolte project to me.  Kind of a shame cause I really wanna see Daniel get more involved with anything that isnt PoS.  Cool that it's coming so soon though.

Where the hell you've been?  Miss you!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2018, 11:22:34 AM »
I love the artwork. Its neat.

Offline deggs37

• Big Chungus
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2018, 11:34:19 AM »
I dig the artwork as well. Really looking forward to hearing these tunes!

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2018, 11:36:21 AM »
There's no indication that it's a single album plus bonus disc like Spock's Beard's new one, so this may well be a fully-fledged double album. Would be cool to get some new extended compositions from one of the masters of that particular form.