Author Topic: The Sea Within (feat. Stolt, Gildenl÷w, Reingold, Brislin, Minnemann)  (Read 6966 times)

Offline RodrigoAltaf

Re: The Sea Within (feat. Stolt, Gildenl÷w, Reingold, Brislin, Minnemann)
« Reply #210 on: June 11, 2018, 10:40:22 AM »
Our interview with Roine Stolt was published today: https://lotsofmuzic.weebly.com/home/an-interview-with-roine-stolt-from-the-sea-within

Lots of information on how the lineup was formed, and a revelation: he invited Jordan Rudess to join, he said yes, and the DT camp complained about it, so he had to pull back.

Offline Plasmastrike

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #211 on: June 11, 2018, 10:48:31 AM »
Well, dang! I listened to "Goodbye" on my speakers pretty loudly. It's a very beautiful song. I didn't like Ashes of Dawn toooo much, but I went back and listened to it again after Goodbye and found myself enjoying it a bit more. Kinda rocked out to it.

I'm looking forward to the release. What a great group of dudes!

Offline Nick

• Call Kenny Loggins
  • Global Moderator
  • Cause you're in the danger zone
    • My Radio Show!
« Reply #212 on: June 18, 2018, 08:14:45 AM »
Hey folks, speaking with Marco on Wednesday, so if you have any questions you'd like answered post up and I'll see what I can do.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #213 on: June 18, 2018, 08:26:54 AM »
Hey folks, speaking with Marco on Wednesday, so if you have any questions you'd like answered post up and I'll see what I can do.

Not TSW related, but would love to know about his involvement on the next solo album by Jordan. Is he recording the whole album or just a couple tracks? Also would love to know if thereĺs plans for a 4th Aristocrats album :)
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline ich bin besser

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #214 on: June 18, 2018, 08:46:42 AM »
"How does it feel to not have 2 important band members (Daniel and Jonas) at the premiere gig on the Loreley?"

Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

Offline ariich

• sexin' you later
  • Global Moderator
  • Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun!
« Reply #215 on: June 18, 2018, 09:02:45 AM »
Once again my issue is with the very lazy and forgettable vocal melodies/lyrics.  Plus the chorus sounds like a Casting Crowns chorus in odd time.  Not impressed. 
You're on a real rollercoaster in this thread. :lol

Also good to see you posting again!

Offline Fritzinger

• Fritzes Musikblog
« Reply #216 on: June 18, 2018, 09:44:26 AM »
"How does it feel to not have 2 important band members (Daniel and Jonas) at the premiere gig on the Loreley?"

I didn't know Jonas won't be there at the Loreley. Where did you get this information?
me despertÚ en un mundo con dos tipos de gente: la mas y la menos extrema

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #217 on: June 18, 2018, 11:26:35 AM »
From Marillion eWeb Newsletter:

"Pete here!

I shall be joining the new progressive supergroup The Sea Within, for their debut show at the Night Of The Prog festival Loreley on Saturday 14th July - CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS

My good friends Roine Stolt and Jonas Reingold, asked me a while ago if I would help out, as Jonas is otherwise engaged, so I shall be stepping in to his formidable boots for the evening.

It will be great to catch up with Daniel Gildenlow and Casey McPherson and meeting Tom Brislin and Marco Minnemann and I am very much looking forward to playing with these very talented gentleman for the first airing of their stunning debut album.

I hope to see some familiar faces in the audience if you are around."
"... one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Online SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #218 on: June 18, 2018, 11:58:52 AM »
From Marillion eWeb Newsletter:

"Pete here!

I shall be joining the new progressive supergroup The Sea Within, for their debut show at the Night Of The Prog festival Loreley on Saturday 14th July - CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS

My good friends Roine Stolt and Jonas Reingold, asked me a while ago if I would help out, as Jonas is otherwise engaged, so I shall be stepping in to his formidable boots for the evening.

It will be great to catch up with Daniel Gildenlow and Casey McPherson and meeting Tom Brislin and Marco Minnemann and I am very much looking forward to playing with these very talented gentleman for the first airing of their stunning debut album.

I hope to see some familiar faces in the audience if you are around."

Guess he will be wandering around a long time looking for Daniel  ;)

Offline Nick

• Call Kenny Loggins
  • Global Moderator
  • Cause you're in the danger zone
    • My Radio Show!
« Reply #219 on: June 18, 2018, 12:05:50 PM »

I didn't know Jonas won't be there at the Loreley. Where did you get this information?

It was talked about in the interview with Roine I posted a good while back.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline lucasembarbosa

• Pale Rider of No Tomorrow
« Reply #220 on: June 18, 2018, 03:22:34 PM »

Not TSW related, but would love to know about his involvement on the next solo album by Jordan. Is he recording the whole album or just a couple tracks? Also would love to know if thereĺs plans for a 4th Aristocrats album :)

This!!