Author Topic: New album from Odd Logic - EFFIGY is amazing!!  (Read 1448 times)

Offline jammindude

• The Jammin Dude Show
Re: New album from Odd Logic - EFFIGY is amazing!!
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2018, 09:56:05 AM »
BUMP.

Sean Thompson is now involved in a Dream Theater Tribute band called Forsaken Fortress, and they have some upcoming gigs in Seattle.  They are playing the Hard Rock Cafe in downtown Seattle next Saturday, and they got an opening slot for Angra on their Seattle stop on Sept 26th. 

Odd Logic's new album is almost finished.   I've seen the cover, and I know the title, but I'm not sure I can say yet.   It looks AMAZING.   

"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - http://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline deggs37

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2018, 08:49:34 AM »
Thank you for this thread and bringing this band to my attention! Just started listening to Penny For Your Thoughts and I am blown away by how much I am enjoying it. The songwriting and arrangements are on par with the excellent instrumentation, with lots of interesting twists and turns. Was surprised to find out it's all just one guy? Pretty crazy! I can't wait to check out the other stuff.

Offline jammindude

• The Jammin Dude Show
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2018, 09:03:15 AM »
I still find Penny to be my least favorite. But there are some amazing moments.

Credit where credit is due...he does have a few guys with creative input, but to me it is really his “baby”.  Pete Hansen is the drummer that did the death vocals on Penny for Your Thoughts...but I believe the drum tracks were already laid down by the time he joined. I have to double check that. But Pete definitely played drums on Effigy.  A really great guy named Steven Pierce has done some guitar work on a few of the albums, but not all. And Kevin Hunter did some keyboards on the earlier albums, but then left for awhile. But I’ve heard he might be making some contributions to the new album if schedules line up.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - http://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude