News:

DreamTheaterForums is a place for people who just don't have the time for music anymore. 

Main Menu

Sacul's controversial roulette v3. Less frustration™️, A REAL WINNER AT LAST!!!!

Started by Sacul, December 05, 2017, 08:54:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Sacul

Submissions are open now, you have 48 hours to send from now on. Already have a few so keep them coming  :metal

Crow

i sent two very bad ideas and am ready to be cut

i honestly don't have a ton for you either, you hate all the metal i like  :corn

Tomislav95


King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

wolfking

Too late to join?  I have zero time for this, but might give it a crack.

So reading the file sending criteria, you won't accept wma or anything under 320k for mp3?

jingle.boy

Hell yeah, glad to see ya!  We'll both be out by Wednesday.   :lol  I'm just sending Spotify.  I've down-ripped my library to 192kb or 256kb, so won't be sending .mp3s.

Question... is your goal with this Roulette to get new music and then explore those artists, or just get some excellent music?  I ask, because I'm debating on sending a fantastic song from a (imo) mediocre artist.... or at least, I doubt the artists discography would be something that you'd enjoy as a whole, but there are a couple of tracks worth submitting.
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

wolfking

Yeah, saw you boys joined so been so busy with work mate I haven't been around so much.  I have zero time for this, but have to make an effort.  Just sent a random song. No thinking whatsoever!!  :lol

Sacul

Quote from: wolfking on December 08, 2017, 03:22:45 AM
Too late to join?  I have zero time for this, but might give it a crack.

So reading the file sending criteria, you won't accept wma or anything under 320k for mp3?
There's still time!

I'd rather have 320k mp3s, but since this seems to be a bit of a problem for some, I'll change the criteria a bit. Now, anything above or including 192k is accepted.


Quote from: jingle.boy on December 08, 2017, 03:56:44 AM
Question... is your goal with this Roulette to get new music and then explore those artists, or just get some excellent music?  I ask, because I'm debating on sending a fantastic song from a (imo) mediocre artist.... or at least, I doubt the artists discography would be something that you'd enjoy as a whole, but there are a couple of tracks worth submitting.
I'd rather get songs from artists whose discography I could explore and like beyond a couple of songs, so yeah, the goal here is the former.

The Walrus

Hm... 2 from the same artist or 2 different artists....

I'll send mine in a few hours.

ariich

Are people sending in two submissions? My understanding that we send only the first (consequence-free) elimination round submission to test the waters, and THEN after the results of that, we'll submit the actual elimination round.

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

Sacul

Quote from: Kattoelox on December 08, 2017, 05:25:13 AM
Hm... 2 from the same artist or 2 different artists....

I'll send mine in a few hours.
See below.

Quote from: ariich on December 08, 2017, 05:38:04 AM
Are people sending in two submissions? My understanding that we send only the first (consequence-free) elimination round submission to test the waters, and THEN after the results of that, we'll submit the actual elimination round.
Only Parama because he believes he'll get cut and nobody would send the tracks he sent anyways  :lol . But you got it right, only one song by now.

The Walrus

I'm such a noob.  :lol Mine's uploading and I'll send it in a minute.

EDIT: This is way more agonizing than I thought, and I think the longer I sweat over a choice without sending it off right away, the more I'm going to regret sending it.  :lol

SoundscapeMN

thanks for the invite Sacul. I haven't participated in one of these in many years, and I'm not sure I have time for it.

There's a lot of others already playing, so I imagine you'll receive a lot of great suggestions  :)

Sacul

Quote from: SoundscapeMN on December 08, 2017, 06:39:40 AM
thanks for the invite Sacul. I haven't participated in one of these in many years, and I'm not sure I have time for it.

There's a lot of others already playing, so I imagine you'll receive a lot of great suggestions  :)
No worries, maybe the next time you'll be available  :tup

Evermind

Quote from: jingle.boy on December 08, 2017, 03:56:44 AM
Hell yeah, glad to see ya!  We'll both be out by Wednesday.

That makes three of us! I really don't know why I signed up. :lol

First round is elimination-free, right? I'm sending power metal.
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Crow


The Walrus

I'm probably going to get a 2/5. I should've just sent the 16 minute Rhapsody of Fire song.  :rollin

ariich

Quote from: Kattoelox on December 08, 2017, 06:29:31 AM
EDIT: This is way more agonizing than I thought, and I think the longer I sweat over a choice without sending it off right away, the more I'm going to regret sending it.  :lol
This is such a good point. :lol I'll try and avoid over-thinking it.

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

Nekov


Sacul

Nice, got 12 submissions so far, keep them coming so we can start some sick hangmanen  :metal

That's why I'd also like to present you with DTForums' Unofficial Hangmanen 2000, a simple Python script I've been working on for the past two days, to help with our addiction. It's far from complete, documentation is half-arsed, and it's only shell-based, but it's a beginning. Feel free to leave feedback.

TAC


wolfking

Quote from: Sacul on December 08, 2017, 05:01:51 AM
Quote from: wolfking on December 08, 2017, 03:22:45 AM
Too late to join?  I have zero time for this, but might give it a crack.

So reading the file sending criteria, you won't accept wma or anything under 320k for mp3?
There's still time!

I'd rather have 320k mp3s, but since this seems to be a bit of a problem for some, I'll change the criteria a bit. Now, anything above or including 192k is accepted.


Quote from: jingle.boy on December 08, 2017, 03:56:44 AM
Question... is your goal with this Roulette to get new music and then explore those artists, or just get some excellent music?  I ask, because I'm debating on sending a fantastic song from a (imo) mediocre artist.... or at least, I doubt the artists discography would be something that you'd enjoy as a whole, but there are a couple of tracks worth submitting.
I'd rather get songs from artists whose discography I could explore and like beyond a couple of songs, so yeah, the goal here is the former.

Sweet mate.  Sent mine last night too.

King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

SENT!
I threw caution to the wind for this first round. We'll see how this goes.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Quote from: HOF on April 02, 2024, 07:30:16 AMDerek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not KingThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

ariich

Sent some lovely down-tempo electronic music for this test round. Interested to see how it does!

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

jingle.boy

Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

Sacul


TAC


Sacul


King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Crow

how many entries left i am an impatient child and must have my hangmanen

TAC


Sacul

Quote from: Parama on December 08, 2017, 05:11:57 PM
how many entries left i am an impatient child and must have my hangmanen
Just missing on Elite and Evermind.

Crow


TAC


Sacul