Author Topic: Guitar Strap.  (Read 3188 times)

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
Guitar Strap.
« on: August 30, 2009, 04:44:19 PM »
Okay so I am having trouble with my guitar starp lately. I am not in a band and I practice sitting down, but I wanted to see what it would be like to have a guitar with you standing and play a little bit of rockstar (:blush) Well anyway, the starp dug into my skin a little and it was kind of uncomfortable. It's a really light guitar...it's a Jackson, but it just really didn't feel all to pleasent. I knwo the starp is really cheap. It couldn't have cost more than 7 or 8 bucks. Will a better guitar strap work. Will I just have to get used to it and stop being a pussy. I don't know and help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
Re: Guitar Strap.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 04:53:54 PM »
Okay so I am having trouble with my guitar starp lately. I am not in a band and I practice sitting down, but I wanted to see what it would be like to have a guitar with you standing and play a little bit of rockstar (:blush) Well anyway, the starp dug into my skin a little and it was kind of uncomfortable. It's a really light guitar...it's a Jackson, but it just really didn't feel all to pleasent. I knwo the starp is really cheap. It couldn't have cost more than 7 or 8 bucks. Will a better guitar strap work. Will I just have to get used to it and stop being a pussy. I don't know and help would be greatly appreciated.

oh, and starp
www.bedeceived.com

ZOMG WHAT'S AT BEDECEIVED.COM?

I DUNNO!  CLICK THE DARNED LINK TO FIND OUT!

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 04:54:53 PM »
Your point dude.

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 04:56:49 PM »
Your point dude.
Well, try ice or heat, and you and jackson should be fine.
www.bedeceived.com

ZOMG WHAT'S AT BEDECEIVED.COM?

I DUNNO!  CLICK THE DARNED LINK TO FIND OUT!

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 04:58:06 PM »
AHHHHH! I see. It would actually be very funy if I wasn't serious, but it was funny nonetheless (if that is one word) But seriously, anyone?

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 04:59:01 PM »
What's the strap made of?

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 05:04:35 PM »
I don't know, like a rope-ish material, like if you crushed a rope flat.

Offline brakkum

• DT.net Member
  • Bass Boy
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2009, 05:07:04 PM »
sounds like you need a lesson on how to use a guitar strap. never thought i would say that.
https://concertculture.blogspot.com/

https://brakmusic.tumblr.com/

And on the 8th day, God created Dream Theater. God then proceeded to rock out with his cock out.

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2009, 05:08:59 PM »
No I know what I'm doing, its just uncomfortable. It;s a really cheap planet waves one if that makes sence.

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2009, 05:17:11 PM »
I've got one of these:

https://www.comfortstrapp.com/

and Levi guitar straps for the rest of my guitars. The comfortstrapp one is a bit bulky, but super comfortable, while the others are just plain straps. Never gotten any pain from the Levi's though.
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2009, 05:21:14 PM »
I have a Levi's one. And a few leather ones. The leather is really nice

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2009, 05:23:58 PM »
I've got one of these:

and Levi guitar straps for the rest of my guitars. The comfortstrapp one is a bit bulky, but super comfortable, while the others are just plain straps. Never gotten any pain from the Levi's though.

Looks cool, I'll check into it. And for the record, my guitar strap is made up of what is at the end of the strap right after the leather and before the hole.

note: How much is the comfort strap?

Offline brakkum

• DT.net Member
  • Bass Boy
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2009, 06:42:18 PM »
i need to find out what this thing looks like. this isnt making much sense to me.
https://concertculture.blogspot.com/

https://brakmusic.tumblr.com/

And on the 8th day, God created Dream Theater. God then proceeded to rock out with his cock out.

Offline Scard

• Custom Title
  • RORORO
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2009, 07:03:05 PM »
if you have the money, Moody Straps are amazing. I want one.

https://www.moodyleather.com/indexfl.html

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2009, 10:31:16 AM »
You're using a cheapo 2" nylon starp.  I've never particularly cared for those, even with a guitar (i predominantly play bass).

I have one of these, and love it...I've actually had it for longer than you've been alive...it's been through like six or seven different instruments.  Very comfortable, classic look, and incredibly durable.

https://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Clayton-3.5-Leather-Guitar-Strap?sku=364270
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline Fuzzboy

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2009, 02:52:19 PM »
I've got one of these:

I don't remember. I bought it about 5 years ago.
women cops are a joke

Offline Tuneman

• Banned from P/R
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2009, 03:01:03 PM »
Is it a tough transition to go from playing sitting down to playing standing up?  I have tried it and I cant get it to be comfortable without putting the guitar really high, which looks really lame.

Is there any solution? I guess i could do what petrucci does by putting my leg on something...

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2009, 03:02:18 PM »
I've got one of these:

Looks cool, I'll check into it. And for the record, my guitar strap is made up of what is at the end of the strap right after the leather and before the hole.

https://www.amazon.com/Comfort-Strapp-Guitar-Strap-Extra/dp/B000V1S2X0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1251752477&sr=8-3

~$38.
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2009, 06:00:52 PM »
This thread =  :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline Fuzzboy

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2009, 07:34:24 PM »
I don't get it.
women cops are a joke

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 07:36:01 PM »
 :| maybe we aren't supposed to.