Author Topic: Jeff Scott Soto  (Read 5959 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: Jeff Scott Soto
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2021, 03:43:23 PM »
Someone spam this new man

To be fair, it should be me.   :lol

Also, looking forward to this release.  I've spun the 3 singles that have come out already, and dig them all.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2021, 03:45:15 PM »
Seems like a pointless release.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2021, 03:47:19 PM »
Seems like a pointless release.

Well, for someone (me) that doesn't have much of this original material, I think it'll be kinda cool.  Highly unlikely I'll buy it, but that's what Spotify is for, right?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2021, 03:49:29 PM »
Theres few interesting cuts there I must say.  I just find the re-records with different vocalists such a cheesy concept.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2021, 07:54:26 PM »
JEFF SCOTT SOTO

The Duets Collection - Volume 1 - STREAMING

Frontiers Music s.r.l.

GENRE: Hard Rock

RELEASE DATE: October 8, 2021

Using the down time from his normally relentless touring activity due to the worldwide pandemic, renowned vocalist Jeff Scott Soto decided to create a very special album which pays tribute to some of the classic songs he has recorded over the course of his storied career. But, rather than simple re-records, he wanted to make the album something special, unique. So, he not only did re-record these songs with his musical friends Jorge Salan, Howie Simon (guitars), Leo Mancini (guitars), Tony Dickinson (bass) and Edu Cominato (drums), but he called in some of his fellow rock friends and vocalists to create a unique DUETS album. With the likes of Erik Martensson (Eclipse, W.E.T.), Dino Jelusick (Animal Drive, Dirty Shirley), Eric Martin (Mr. Big), Johnny Gioeli (Hardline), Deen Castronovo (Revolution Saints), Nathan James (Inglorious), Russell Allen (Symphony X), Renan Zonta (Electric Mob), Mats Leven (Candlemass, TSO), BJ (Spektra, SOTO), and Aliro Netto, this is an amazing international affair.

The tracklisting alone will surely make any JSS fan excited, much less hearing the final product. Where can you get such an amazing list of singers and songs all in the same place?

Jeff says, "It was a DREAM to cast these voices and I am so amped for you to hear the results…”

Jeff Scott Soto is a man that needs virtually no introduction to any discerning melodic rock fan. Jeff launched his career at a young age in tremendous fashion as the lead vocalist for Yngwie Malmsteen’s debut album, "Rising Force" and the sophomore album, “Marching Out”. That first step into the spotlight has led to a career that has seen Jeff play and work with an outstanding number of artists and genres. From the AOR of Eyes and Takara, to the hard rock and Metal of Talisman, Axel Rudi Pell, Soul SirkUS and of course, his time with the legendary Journey. Jeff has also maintained a solo career over the past decades, while also recently joining up with the progressive metal supergroup Sons of Apollo.

Tracklist:
1. Livin’ The Life (ROCK STAR) with Erik Martensson (Eclipse/W.E.T.)
2. Don’t Let It End (YNGWIE MALMSTEEN) - with Dino Jelusick (Animal Drive)
3. Mysterious (TALISMAN) - with Eric Martin (Mr. Big)
4. Believe in Me (JSS) - with Nathan James (Inglorious)
5. Coming Home (SOUL SIRKUS) - with Deen Castronovo (Revolution Saints, Journey)
6. I’ll Be Waiting (TALISMAN) - with Alirio Netto (Shaman, Queen Extravaganza)
7. Callin’ All Girls (EYES) - with Russell Allen (Symphony X, Allen/Lande)
8. Colour My XTC (TALISMAN) - with Renan Zonta (Electric Mob)
9. Warrior (AXEL RUDI PELL) - with Johnny Gioeli (Hardline, Axel Rudi Pell)
10. Holding On (JSS) - with BJ (SOTO, Spektra)
11. Again 2 B Found (HUMANIMAL) - with Mats Leven (Candlemass)

Total length: 0.46.30

LINE-UP:
Jeff Scott Soto - Vocals and Keys
Edu Cominato - Drums
Tony Dickinson - Bass
Jorge Salan - Guitars
Howie Simon - Guitars
Leo Mancin - Guitars

https://www.facebook.com/JeffScottSoto/ https://www.instagram.com/jeffscottsotoofficial/
https://sotoworld.net/

Holy shit the album I've been waiting for my whole life. The fucking Jeff Scott Soto Duets Collection Volume 1.

WAIT...There's a Volume 2 coming..

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2021, 08:03:35 PM »
 :rollin

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2021, 08:06:11 PM »
Volume 2 better have some Kip Winger.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2021, 08:07:57 PM »
Volume 2 better have some Kip Winger.

Why the hell not? :rollin
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2021, 11:25:15 PM »
Vol 2 is so Del Vicchio can get his quota of songs into the project
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2021, 12:11:57 AM »
Vol 2 is so Del Vicchio can get his quota of songs into the project

If Del Vicchio had his own volumes, he'd be up to around number fucking 98!

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2021, 02:05:53 AM »
I think the songs released of this collection of rerecordings/covers sound great.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2021, 06:17:15 AM »
I'm going to interview Jeff Scott Soto for the 4th time tomorrow, about this duets album.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2021, 06:34:44 AM »
I'm going to interview Jeff Scott Soto for the 4th time tomorrow, about this duets album.

Can you tell him to like, err, not do these albums anymore.

Tell him to get back to some Damage Control type shit.  That album was brilliant.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2021, 07:13:00 AM »

Tell him to get back to some Damage Control type shit.  That album was brilliant.

That's the FIRST thing I'm going to say in the interview, man. It will be perfect to promote the album, don't you think?

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2021, 07:37:35 AM »
Do we know what the status is of Sons Of Apollo?  Is that a fair question?

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2021, 07:52:16 AM »

I think this is a fair question, and I was planning to ask him that. From what I've heard, the prospects for that band are not that great at the moment...

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2021, 08:44:23 AM »

I think this is a fair question, and I was planning to ask him that. From what I've heard, the prospects for that band are not that great at the moment...

MP's focus is in WInery Dogs right now. Bumblefoot wants to tour a lot less from what he has said recently (he had a breakdown not so long ago before a Texas show IIRC). I know Derek is working on his next solo album and Billy is also tied with WD. Then Jeff is tied up with TSO during the next few months. For the long run, Billy, BF and MP are the major holdups. They probably lost a bunch of money when the tour got cancelled last year so there's that as well.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2021, 08:52:38 AM »

MP's focus is in WInery Dogs right now. Bumblefoot wants to tour a lot less from what he has said recently (he had a breakdown not so long ago before a Texas show IIRC). I know Derek is working on his next solo album and Billy is also tied with WD. Then Jeff is tied up with TSO during the next few months. For the long run, Billy, BF and MP are the major holdups. They probably lost a bunch of money when the tour got cancelled last year so there's that as well.

Yes. Derek seems to have a renewed interest in his solo output, as there's a new one in the works like you said. And he's already planning a new one, and a tour that I can't disclose...

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2021, 09:10:04 AM »
I didn't hate SOA, but they weren't anything special for me to be upset about if they've come to an end.  I've always wanted MP to dedicate more time to WD since I've felt they were probably his most successful band since he left DT and I've enjoyed them the most as well.  SOA did put on a great live show though. 

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #89 on: October 06, 2021, 09:12:41 AM »
It seems that the NMB is the most promising out of all the bands MP is in.  I could never get into the Winery Dogs like I can with SOA and NMB.  I think SOA would have a lot more potential if they weren't spread so thin with other projects. I'm not interested in any solo projects from the members of that band except for JSS.  I'm a big fan of his vocals and is a great frontman.  He also comes across as cool down to earth human being.
Even though DS is a great keyboard player, I would never even consider buying his solo stuff for more reasons than one. 

You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2021, 09:14:15 AM »
Even though DS is a great keyboard player, I would never even consider buying his solo stuff for more.reasons than one.

I feel the same.  I have no interest in him at all.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2021, 09:24:50 AM »
Even though DS is a great keyboard player, I would never even consider buying his solo stuff for more.reasons than one.

When it comes down to keyboard/piano players,  Rick Wakeman's solo albums are all worth while. I like to support him too because he's such a great guy.   I don't own any Jordan Rudess solo albums yet, but I definitely plan on buying them soon as well.  :coolio
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #92 on: October 06, 2021, 09:52:46 AM »

Yes. Derek seems to have a renewed interest in his solo output, as there's a new one in the works like you said. And he's already planning a new one, and a tour that I can't disclose...

I know there were some Planet X reunion/rumors, not sure if that's the tour you are referring. But I hope some DS news comes and includes some touring. Love his stuff.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #93 on: October 06, 2021, 10:04:07 AM »

Derek's solo records have a lot of well known guitar players as guests. Often the guitar is more prominent than the keyboards. And he's made some great records, I would recommend to check them out sometime.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #94 on: October 06, 2021, 10:20:06 AM »

Derek's solo records have a lot of well known guitar players as guests. Often the guitar is more prominent than the keyboards. And he's made some great records, I would recommend to check them out sometime.
I'm sure he puts out quality stuff, I just can't get passed his ego. I met him once and that was enough to make me lose interest. Maybe I'm being too hard on the guy?  I do however, really like his role in SOA.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #95 on: October 06, 2021, 03:35:59 PM »

That's the FIRST thing I'm going to say in the interview, man. It will be perfect to promote the album, don't you think?

Yes! That's why you're in this job brother!    ;D :tup

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #96 on: October 07, 2021, 12:53:09 PM »

Yes! That's why you're in this job brother!    ;D :tup

:lol I'm not entirely sure what the specific question would be, but if anything, I'd be curious on his thoughts and feelings towards doing a Queen tribute set at ProgPower next year.  It seems a bit odd that he's doing that and not doing a solo set.  Maybe a question on that decision?  (side note, I think a queen tribute set would be really cool so I'm somewhat intrigued by it).

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #97 on: October 07, 2021, 01:01:49 PM »
:lol I'm not entirely sure what the specific question would be, but if anything, I'd be curious on his thoughts and feelings towards doing a Queen tribute set at ProgPower next year.  It seems a bit odd that he's doing that and not doing a solo set.  Maybe a question on that decision?  (side note, I think a queen tribute set would be really cool so I'm somewhat intrigued by it).

Not to harp on your question at all, but he did a Queen tribute set way back in 2003 at some Queen convention and fans went apeshit for it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yob0Wpgcxns.   I'm guessing that Glenn just wants to see it live.   :lol   A good piggy back off of your question would be how he landed that gig in 2003 and how it took on a life of its own afterward.   

I prefer his Funk/Disco/Dance Medley that he would do with his solo band though.  "Oh oh ohohoh, this song sucks"

Part 1:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aZaVeDql3I
Part 2:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yaT6fw_uY8

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2021, 01:07:43 PM »

Not to harp on your question at all, but he did a Queen tribute set way back in 2003 at some Queen convention and fans went apeshit for it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yob0Wpgcxns.   I'm guessing that Glenn just wants to see it live.   :lol   A good piggy back off of your question would be how he landed that gig in 2003 and how it took on a life of its own afterward.   

I prefer his Funk/Disco/Dance Medley that he would do with his solo band though.  "Oh oh ohohoh, this song sucks"

Part 1:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aZaVeDql3I
Part 2:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yaT6fw_uY8

Wow, that's one hell of a setlist.  Queen is also pretty popular these days so I can see people really digging it, but I wonder if PP is the right crowd?  I'm sure they will dig it, but it seemed on the announcement that a lot of people were like uhhh why not play your solo stuff that you know we'd also really like and would support you more?

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2021, 03:12:09 PM »
Too late guys, the interview happened this afternoon...but we did talk about SOA, his new album, the acoustic shows he's doing now with the guy from Saigon Kick, the influence that David Lee Roth had on him, and the project he was going to launch with Dave Ellefson.

Offline WardySI

« Reply #100 on: October 08, 2021, 04:56:06 AM »
Too late guys, the interview happened this afternoon...but we did talk about SOA, his new album, the acoustic shows he's doing now with the guy from Saigon Kick, the influence that David Lee Roth had on him, and the project he was going to launch with Dave Ellefson.

With Jason Bieler???

Bieler finally released a full album of rock (with his usual weirdness thrown in) some of which sounds tremendously like Saigon Kick so if JSS is going to be doing acoustic shows with him am intrigued, looking forward to the interview.

Regards JSS I prefer his heavier stuff and think his last SOTO album 'Origami' was one of his best later-day releases, Detonate, Afterglow, Dance, his version of Jackson's Give In To Me...  :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #101 on: October 13, 2021, 05:20:24 AM »

So, you didn't ask him to not do these albums anymore?

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #102 on: October 13, 2021, 07:48:03 AM »

So, you didn't ask him to not do these albums anymore?

You can check out what I asked him here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz5-KPRNP_w&t=254s

Also, leave us a like and a comment if you can - that really helps us!